ADVERTISEMENT

Active Shooter in Philadelphia

57 people were shot last weekend in chicago and that got hardly any attention by the main stream media outlets. 7 people were killed. Also, if you are still getting your news from fox, cnn, msnbc I feel for you.

Yeah.. I alternate between InfoWars and Mother Jones...

Reactions: firegiver
This shit seems to be getting out of hand. And I'm torn on it. I've always believed in the constitution and states' rights but it doesn't seem every motherfvcker needs to stay strapped.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/philadelphia-shootout-multiple-officers-hurt.amp
How old are you? Have a look at historical crime for late 70’s through early 90’s - America was a dangerous fcking place. My dad worked in NYC in the 70’s and 80’s and people were getting shanked, shot, mugged, raped, and shoved onto the tracks at a crazy frequency. When his train would go through the Bronx mofo’s were on the project rooftops randomly firing rifles at the train. Or how South Florida, LA, NYC, Chicago, Philly,and many cities were like them were war zones. Big reason the suburbs became popular. Different kind of crimes now and they are all tragic but overall crime is way down. you’ve got to have some perspective on history.

In the meantime let’s re-open all those mental institutions we closed in the 70’s!! Start with Williams Bryce attendees

Last edited:
Time out

This is just a drug bust gone bad. Cops trying to arrest a drug dealer.

I don't believe in taking drugs but prohibition is just a dumb idea. If drugs were legalized, police could stop patrolling neighborhoods by 50 percent and we would have a whole lot less shootings. Republicans need to rethink this war on drugs. If cocaine were legal, drug addicts wouldn't need to get it from a drug dealer. They could bring it in themselves by the kilo from Colombia SA for $2500. That's $2.50 per gram. Let nature take its course. Trust me, there would be a lot less crime shootings, pimps and whores too and you wouldn't have to worry about which drug dealer your daughter is sleeping with to get high.

Explain this idea of, “. If drugs were legalized, police could stop patrolling neighborhoods by 50 percent and we would have a whole lot less shootings.” Surely you don’t want cops to stop patrolling neighborhoods. They have stopped in the south side of Chicago and this is a major reason shootings have increased. The police has basically withdrawn from certain neighborhoods in Chicago. And how does less patrolling mean less shootings?

I was close by when this happened.. I seen like a million cops cars flying down the street.. It's sad but shooting is so normal in Philly.. We already at 203 homicides for the year
Have you ever figured out the correlation between the cities with the most crime and murders and their political views? The facts are damning when they’re pretty much all liberal...

Have you ever figured out the correlation between the cities with the most crime and murders and their political views? The facts are damning when they’re pretty much all liberal...
As someone who lived/lives in inner-city Philadelphia.. It's not politics.. Until the culture and mindset of the hood change, nothing else will.. I'm young, black and live in the hood.. I lost my first friend to gun violence at 11, he was 12... it's not gonna change

As someone who lived/lives in inner-city Philadelphia.. It's not politics.. Until the culture and mindset of the hood change, nothing else will.. I'm young, black and live in the hood.. I lost my first friend to gun violence at 11, he was 12... it's not gonna change
Wait...we have someone who doesn’t make 6 figures, but rather is poor and lives in the hood, on TI?!

It's always a loner who never gets laid.

We need to enact some kind of red flag pus*sy patrol law where people can report these types of loners, and the government can send in a girl to sleep with the guy. Then he won't shoot people, because pus*sy.

57 people were shot last weekend in chicago and that got hardly any attention by the main stream media outlets. 7 people were killed. Also, if you are still getting your news from fox, cnn, msnbc I feel for you.
so... where you getting your news? APnews and NPR here. Tell me its not twitter.

What’s the main political view of most of the major mass shooters in the last 5 years?

I don't know about the last 5 years. Here is every mass shooting suspect in 2019 though. Hard to determine the exact mix of political affiliation, but I'm going to speculate that it's not a heavy lean to the right.

1565040845735.jpg

It's always a loner who never gets laid.

We need to enact some kind of red flag pus*sy patrol law where people can report these types of loners, and the government can send in a girl to sleep with the guy. Then he won't shoot people, because pus*sy.

If you ever want to go down a rabbit hole of potential mass shooters, check out the reddit "incels" page. Your law may fix some of them before it's too late.

I don't know about the last 5 years. Here is every mass shooting suspect in 2019 though. Hard to determine the exact mix of political affiliation, but I'm going to speculate that it's not a heavy lean to the right.

1565040845735.jpg
I'm just going to point out that your graphic here seems to carry a troubling narrative. Can you clarify why you shared it? Are you supportive of the claim of the text that "0 were white".? Also it appears to allude that the issue is only in major cities with urban population. Do you think you might be conflating mass ('err as the astute researcher states: Mas. lol) shooting with gang and drug war shootings? Thats pretty dumb.

Reactions: Balbinus
I'm just going to point out that your graphic here seems to carry a troubling narrative. Can you clarify why you shared it? Are you supportive of the claim of the text that "0 were white".? Also it appears to allude that the issue is only in major cities with urban population. Do you think you might be conflating mass ('err as the astute researcher states: Mas. lol) shooting with gang and drug war shootings? Thats pretty dumb.

I'm not endorsing any narrative. This just happened to pop up when I googled 2019 mass shooting suspects. A mass shooting is a mass shooting whether or not it is drug related, gang related, hate related, mental illness related, etc. We should be concerned about them all.

Reactions: BDAZED
Btw, this is NOT a case of where he shouldn’t have passed background checks. Looking at his record, prosecutors dropped like literally everything he’s been charged with. This stems from drug related incidents to attempted murder. If the shitty prosecutors did their job, the laws on the books would’ve worked.

In addition, this guy was a democrat for those wondering...

Explain this idea of, “. If drugs were legalized, police could stop patrolling neighborhoods by 50 percent and we would have a whole lot less shootings.” Surely you don’t want cops to stop patrolling neighborhoods. They have stopped in the south side of Chicago and this is a major reason shootings have increased. The police has basically withdrawn from certain neighborhoods in Chicago. And how does less patrolling mean less shootings?

If you legalize drugs they don't have to make arrests for people who violate the sale of drugs. That's half the reason police make arrests.

Let me digress. Welcome to my world of out of the box thinking. Some call me crazy for this.

The debate about gun control has become so politicized that it is not out of the realm of possibilities that some of these mass shooter are doing it to promote more division and gun control. I want to focus on the Vegas Shooter. Everyone seems to have forgotten that one.

Here is a man who spend $100,000 on multiple AR-15s to shoot a bunch of likely Trump supporters a distance of 400-500 yards with a 5.56 round which has a maximum range of 300 yards. For that kind of money, he could have purchased a fully automatic machine gun that shoots 7.62x54 that has a range of 1000 yards and done much more killing. So you would think, if his objective was to kill, he could have killed many more had he chose the right weapon. So why didn't he? Why did he choose a less effective off the shelf totally legal AR15?

The only thing I can think of is that he wanted people to ban the AR-15 and they almost did. Now consider a Right wing Terrorist like McVeigh. What did he use? He didn't use a gun. He used a truck bomb. What was his motive? To kill the feds.

My point is, that many are doing it to cause political divide over the 2A.

What makes me think this way? Cause and effect. I'm trained that way. You can't tell me that these shooters can't foresee the outcome of their actions.

So, let me get this straight. You think Dems or people brainwashed into Dem thinking are intentionally choosing certain weapons and intentionally targeting right wing gathering places to sow discord about the 2nd Amendment?

But we're the ones brainwashed? Give me a fvcking break, man.

It's you and people like the people open carrying in a fvcking Walmart to "test their 2nd Amendment rights" who are escalating the issue. Mass shooters are just generally disturbed people who have easy access to ridiculously deadly firepower and little regard for human life. Some of that last sentence can get fixed, but it's a long slow process.

But you keep on seeing that liberal boogeyman around every corner, I'm sure you'll get 'em one day. Keep your eyes peeled and your hands on the trigger.

--Mr. DT

Reactions: firegiver
Time out

I don't believe in taking drugs but prohibition is just a dumb idea. If drugs were legalized, police could stop patrolling neighborhoods by 50 percent and we would have a whole lot less shootings. Republicans need to rethink this war on drugs. If cocaine were legal, drug addicts wouldn't need to get it from a drug dealer. They could bring it in themselves by the kilo from Colombia SA for $2500. That's $2.50 per gram. Let nature take its course. Trust me, there would be a lot less crime shootings, pimps and whores too and you wouldn't have to worry about which drug dealer your daughter is sleeping with to get high.
Yep I’m all for legalizing all drugs. That problem will just sort itself out. Just like alcohol, you wouldn’t be able to be high in public.

Oh and background checks need to be stricter for firearms.

I'm not endorsing any narrative. This just happened to pop up when I googled 2019 mass shooting suspects. A mass shooting is a mass shooting whether or not it is drug related, gang related, hate related, mental illness related, etc. We should be concerned about them all.
Hmm so we are conflating school shootings with gang warfare? How does that help us discuss this issue? Seems like an argument for rounding up all the guns

I’d like to know how many of these shootings were done by people that could legally possess guns. Also how many of these same people would have been affected by new gun laws.

If someone is going to break the law, then does a new law really matter?
Then why have any laws at all? Stupid reasoning. The problem with our country is we have way too many guns. Look at other civilized countries. They don't have these problems like we do. There are several things we could do to make positive changes and save lives because doing nothing hasn't worked at all. The NRA owns most Republicans and crooked politicians like Mitch McConnell won't do a damn thing as long as it effects his money. It's all about the money and the power in the US.

That goes for 90% of most gun violence. Until we teach "men" how to be fathers, it's pretty tough to break the chain.

Increased background checks is a part of it, but if there's a citizen hasn't been arrested, they'll have a clean background. Ongoing mental health checks would be a start. An even better start would be enacting laws where the police can make a determination that a person is or isn't of sound mental judsment to own or have access to a firearm.

The Ohio shooter made a hitlist in high school. Also made comments indicating he'd thought about a mass shooting to friends. Those friends should be held accountable to report it and the police should be held accountable to enforce the new laws.

We've got to try something. There's not a singular thing that's going to stop this. But we've got to find what combo of things will.

LOL having the police decide who can and can’t own a gun would never ever work IMO.

Time out

I like it. #ThinningTheHerd

Reactions: 92TigerME
So, let me get this straight. You think Dems or people brainwashed into Dem thinking are intentionally choosing certain weapons and intentionally targeting right wing gathering places to sow discord about the 2nd Amendment?

But we're the ones brainwashed? Give me a fvcking break, man.

It's you and people like the people open carrying in a fvcking Walmart to "test their 2nd Amendment rights" who are escalating the issue. Mass shooters are just generally disturbed people who have easy access to ridiculously deadly firepower and little regard for human life. Some of that last sentence can get fixed, but it's a long slow process.

But you keep on seeing that liberal boogeyman around every corner, I'm sure you'll get 'em one day. Keep your eyes peeled and your hands on the trigger.

--Mr. DT
Triggered post right here.

How old are you? Have a look at historical crime for late 70’s through early 90’s - America was a dangerous fcking place. My dad worked in NYC in the 70’s and 80’s and people were getting shanked, shot, mugged, raped, and shoved onto the tracks at a crazy frequency. When his train would go through the Bronx mofo’s were on the project rooftops randomly firing rifles at the train. Or how South Florida, LA, NYC, Chicago, Philly,and many cities were like them were war zones. Big reason the suburbs became popular. Different kind of crimes now and they are all tragic but overall crime is way down. you’ve got to have some perspective on history.

In the meantime let’s re-open all those mental institutions we closed in the 70’s!! Start with Williams Bryce attendees

Your post brought back memories. I didn't live nor work in NYC, but I'm old enough to remember how rough that city was...until Rudy Guliani became mayor. His policing policies changed NYC drastically; for the good, and he was called a racist every day by the NYT. Bloomburg kept it going but now de Blasio is debate-ably an anti-cop mayor. You see the total disrespect and disregard for the cops in NYC; with all the water throwing, food throwing, etc. The NYPD, on the whole, hates de Blasio.

Reactions: yeti24
This is not a mass shooting event, just a drug bust gone bad. The whole thread misses the obvious question. Why is this convicted felon with multple gun-related offenses on the street? He could be an argument for the second amendment as this is an example showing that committed criminals will get their guns regardless of any law or gun control measure.

Tell us your exact news sources.

Then why have any laws at all? Stupid reasoning. The problem with our country is we have way too many guns. Look at other civilized countries. They don't have these problems like we do. There are several things we could do to make positive changes and save lives because doing nothing hasn't worked at all. The NRA owns most Republicans and crooked politicians like Mitch McConnell won't do a damn thing as long as it effects his money. It's all about the money and the power in the US.

Have you ever looked at how little money the NRA actually doles out to politicians as opposed to how much Planned Parenthood doles out to politicians? You might be surprised. One of the two entities has received Fed Taxpayer Funds over the years and the other has not.
I agree that money/POWER/greed has consumed DC for close to a century, at least. That's exactly why I am a Trump supporter!

I agree, it is out of hand.

However, my big question is what has changed the last 25 years? 25+ years ago we had guns, semi automatic weapons, mental illness, large magazines, bad parents, graphic media, etc. I know the Federal Assault Weapons Ban enacted in 1994 and expired in 2004.

So, why were there not more mass shootings in past?

For me, this is a complex issue that has become more of a copy cat issue.
On a per capita basis, there were more mass shooting events. Per FBI, gun violence generally has been on a fairly steady decline since 1974 on a per capita basis- not necessarily total numbers as the US population has surged. Surprisingly, mass shooting events have generallly declined on a per capita basis with a few spike years here and there.

Mostly, it is media coverage and social media and 24 news cable coverage with all the news outlets and internet and all that being different that in prior history. Earlier in history, many violent events did not get much national coverage. The use of semiautomatic weapons has certainly made for a few really crazy tragic mass tragedies.

Reactions: orangelvis
This shit seems to be getting out of hand. And I'm torn on it. I've always believed in the constitution and states' rights but it doesn't seem every motherfvcker needs to stay strapped.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/philadelphia-shootout-multiple-officers-hurt.amp

The gun issue is certainly a problem but more it gets sensationalized and over-covered relative to other issues. For instance - why does no one want to talk about drunk driving regulations? On average 30 people a day in the US die from drunk driving accidents. It's the biggest issue we have right now and no one wants to talk about it because everyone enjoys partaking and it doesn't generate the clicks for the media sites. IMO a bar serving someone 6 or 8 drinks and watching them walk out the door with their keys in hand is far more dangerous than selling someone a gun without a background check.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT