ADVERTISEMENT

Am I being insensitive...

People who want others to stop being political are usually those that are comfortable with the status quo. But there are a lot of people out there right now who feel attacked by the status quo. Don't mistake not having skin in the game for being more rational than others.

And I say that as someone who is comfortable. My daily life is not impacted by almost anything politicians do other than taxes. But I can see why others would want to speak out.

with my distain for the injection of politics into every major sports event? Asking for a middle aged white guy.

Sorry op, but it is a huge need for politics to stay on the forefront. This country is in such disarray. No one can find a job, the dictatorship we are in limits our free speech, and most of the country struggles to find basic necessities for everyday living. Not to mention we are being oppressed and have almost no free will to control our own path in life today. If only I had the freedom to move to another country so I could live a more prosperous existence in a more apt Utopia....

732atc.jpg

ejeg4h.jpg

2lihh04.jpg

11m5j0w.jpg

dmeauo.jpg

Sorry op, but it is a huge need for politics to stay on the forefront. This country is in such disarray. No one can find a job, the dictatorship we are in limits our free speech, and most of the country struggles to find basic necessities for everyday living. Not to mention we are being oppressed and have almost no free will to control our own path in life today. If only I had the freedom to move to another country so I could live a more prosperous existence in a more apt Utopia....

This guy gets it......

Sports used to be a domain free from politics, a refuge if you will, which is a big reason why they are so popular. But yep, you guessed it, the liberals ruined that too.

Maybe you are young but politics has always and I mean always been involved in sports. There are so many examples. Bill Russell and Jim Brown as players were active among others. From the Olympics to pro sports, college also. Arthur Ashe, Jackie Robinson, Billie Jean King. Sports was the testing ground for all of society's advances and it was never pretty.

Even see the college level there have been many throughout history including title IX. And it bothered everyone back then like it's bothering everyone now. It is not new tho. One of the positive differences is today I don't see the legit dangers that were posed back then. The death threats and up close and personal nature of the threats. Seems to be more talk than actual danger today. Politics have literally never not been involved in sports.

@alphamale621 spot on. That statement is supported throughout history.

People who want others to stop being political are usually those that are comfortable with the status quo. But there are a lot of people out there right now who feel attacked by the status quo. Don't mistake not having skin in the game for being more rational than others.

And I say that as someone who is comfortable. My daily life is not impacted by almost anything politicians do other than taxes. But I can see why others would want to speak out.
But the problem is that your current daily life could be changed dramatically in the future if some of these lunatics are elected into office.

Sports used to be a domain free from politics, a refuge if you will, which is a big reason why they are so popular. But yep, you guessed it, the liberals ruined that too.

Trading Tiger, Aren't you doing what you disdain? By blaming liberals, aren't you bringing a significant political bias into a conversation that is complaining about politics being brought into discussions where it does not belong. This conversation was about getting politics out of the discussion, so you blamed liberals for bring it in. As a moderate former Young Republican, I see both liberals and conservatives blaming the other side, making obviously false accusations, and seeing no blame on their own side.

But the problem is that your current daily life could be changed dramatically in the future if some of these lunatics are elected into office.
Could you get specific on that? Other than taxes, who, if elected, is going to significantly change my life? Obama didn't change my life. Trump didn't change my life. There were things about both I didn't/don't like, but my life went on largely unchanged.

Trading Tiger, Aren't you doing what you disdain? By blaming liberals, aren't you bringing a significant political bias into a conversation that is complaining about politics being brought into discussions where it does not belong. This conversation was about getting politics out of the discussion, so you blamed liberals for bring it in. As a moderate former Young Republican, I see both liberals and conservatives blaming the other side, making obviously false accusations, and seeing no blame on their own side.

One of my biggest issues. I don't identify with either so it's easy for me to see the finger pointing each does. Everything is the lefts fault. Everything is the rights fault. The extremists on both sides will blame the other because their cereal was soggy that morning. They are determined not to see the other side happy. At all costs. And both sides heels are dug in. Don't actually see how anything is their fault.

Beware of the ones that get called out for it and they give some fake general statement like, my side is screwed up too but....then they explain again why the other side is worse. This holds us back as a nation more than the issues themselves. This nation is great at overcoming. It's slowed tho because of people like these.

Reactions: cyclotiger
True....but how's that 401K looking for you?

That's cool but did the economy matter to conservatives when they wanted Clinton out? Economy was strong. People's morals are for sale. That much is fact.

For the record I was pissed then as well. The same issues piss me off today. Doesn't change depending on what party we're discussing.

Reactions: clemsontyger04
That's cool but did the economy matter to conservatives when they wanted Clinton out? Economy was strong. People's morals are for sale. That much is fact.

For the record I was pissed then as well. The same issues piss me off today. Doesn't change depending on what party we're discussing.
Wanting Clinton out was one thing. Having 95% of the media in this country go full propaganda to try to right what they feel is a wrong despite the will of the majority of the electorate is quite another.

We already elected a lunatic.

Yep, which is why it really matters very little who is elected as president in America. We elected a "lunatic" but everything is moving along just fine.

Everyone calls Trump a dictator, but I haven't seen any evidence of our free speech being infringed upon. It's comical how emotional people become.

Reactions: FightingDevilTiger
Wanting Clinton out was one thing. Having 95% of the media in this country go full propaganda to try to right what they feel is a wrong despite the will of the majority of the electorate is quite another.

Wanting Clinton out was one thing what tho? They wanted him out really bad based on his moral compass. Or should I say lack of one. Are they being consistent or not? Because that was the point of that.

You just did exactly what I explained in another thread. You kind of acknowledge something on your side but then explain why the other side is worse. Classic. And I said both sides do this.

Saying 95% of the media still doesn't make it true. And I'm glad you said "majority of the electorate". You acknowledge you couldn't say majority of the people. That was smart.

Yep, which is why it really matters very little who is elected as president in America. We elected a "lunatic" but everything is moving along just fine.

Everyone calls Trump a dictator, but I haven't seen any evidence of our free speech being infringed upon. It's comical how emotional people become.

I don't have to disagree with you on anything you said. It's just telling that you said everything is moving along just fine. Very telling.

This guy gets it......
I agree that the country is in disarray, but the comment about not getting a job is unclear.
From the US Bureau of Labor Statistics:
We’ve enjoyed 99 straight months of job gains, with an average of more than 200,000 jobs created each month.

I am not political and do not keep up with these things, but I do know that there has been a bunch of positive news on the job front for quite some time now and a quick search on google verified it.

I am also seeing tremendous job growth in my industry (Information Technology-IT) that reinforces the above.

Why do you think there are no jobs?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT