ADVERTISEMENT

"Armed Protests" - have people lost their minds?

CU Alumnus

The Jack Dunlap Club
Gold Member
Nov 30, 2007
You'd have to be blind to not notice the trend towards "armed protests" lately. First (that I am aware of) is the protest about having to wear masks.

Now we have things like this going on:

https://www.newsweek.com/armed-blac...-militia-georgias-stone-mountain-park-1515494

Gotta say - seeing some nice hardware and pretty decent trigger discipline.

Both are two sides of the same coin - though the second group is actually trying to call people out for.....what? A gunfight? I know it was a show and that the Stone Mountain police were there and apparently did a good job of keeping the peace. I think the "calling out" was just words.

And what were the guys in the mask protests a few months back gonna do - take over the state capital? What's their plan once things go sideways? I mean, besides shvtting themselves.

I'm HOPING the guns were all for show and weren't actually loaded. Were I organizing one of these things (which I wouldn't) I would insist all open carried weapons are to be empty. Don't need someone having an AD and causing a damn war beside the Duck Boat ticket booth. It makes shvt cover.

Last edited:
Reactions: FranktheDank
White people do it to, but i will say you cannot walk up to someones car and demand money from them while holding an AR-15.

if you are going to open carry you better toe that damn line.

Because thats attempted robbery.

Also did that guy call white people boogaloos, rednecks? And Newsweek straight outreported that. Then the “general” says there is nobody out there, but still goes on his racist rant.

This is not good and is going to end badly for everyone

White people do it to, but i will say you cannot walk up to someones car and demand money from them while holding an AR-15.

The ones over the masks (Michigan I think?) were white people - at least what I saw on it. Probably a mix. But it doesn't matter. It's not about that. Guns are serious tools for serious work. They can be fun (and I'm as pro-2A as you'll find) but using them as political props doesn't help anyone.

Something like that (demanding money) was supposedly happening in Atlanta or Seattle (I know people were demanding money from "white people" in CHAZ but I don't know if they were armed). Something was supposedly going on around the Wendy's where the guy with the tazer was shot. If so, that mayor needs to get control of that city pronto.

Personally I think everyone just wants to show off the AR parts they bought during quarantine.

Speaking of which I got a SWEET new optic on mine.....

The ones over the masks (Michigan I think?) were white people - at least what I saw on it. Probably a mix. But it doesn't matter. It's not about that. Guns are serious tools for serious work. They can be fun (and I'm as pro-2A as you'll find) but using them as political props doesn't help anyone.

Something like that (demanding money) was supposedly happening in Atlanta or Seattle (I know people were demanding money from "white people" in CHAZ but I don't know if they were armed). If so, that mayor needs to get control of that city pronto.

Personally I think everyone just wants to show off the AR parts they bought during quarantine.

Speaking of which I got a SWEET new optic on mine.....
They were demanding money in Stone Mountain.

Oh no black people with guns demanding to have a racist mural removed from Stone Mountain.

What about the children. *clutches pearls*

Reactions: DecemberGrad
I’m a huge supporter of any armed protest. Luckily this BLM stuff seems to have ended the war on guns.

Oh no black people with guns demanding to have a racist mural removed from Stone Mountain.

What about the children. *clutches pearls*

What are they gonna do, shoot the damn thing off the mountain?

I also notice you failed to mention the mask protests (mostly white guys) in Michigan. Just as - if not more - stupid. I wonder why that is?

Reactions: scartiger
Props for the name of their coalition though.

NFAC - Not Effing Around Coalition is a great name.

but if a group of people with guns start surrounding and intimidating others. They better be prepared for someone to start shooting. Self defense in this case will be an easy legal argument.

BLM is creating more racists and causing others to come out in the open. I imagine that more confrontations will happen like this and will continue to increase until it gets bloody. If BLM thinks that these White Supremacists are not heavily armed too then they are stupid. Now the White Supremacists have much more cause to fight, and their ranks will increase. I thought this was coming when all of this destroying of southern history and US history and monuments started. As bad as these groups (White Supremacists) are, BLM may be as bad or worse. Now they realize that they may be the only (or first!!!) to stand up and fight back. The Revolution the BLM and Antifa have been calling for is indeed beginning to start!!!

Props for the name of their coalition though.

NFAC - Not Effing Around Coalition is a great name.

but if a group of people with guns start surrounding and intimidating others. They better be prepared for someone to start shooting. Self defense in this case will be an easy legal argument.

giphy.gif

What's the endgame when this happens?

Granted - the Stone Mountain protest had police around and was peaceful. Though I wasn't aware of the demanding-money thing.

I'm a big believer of concealed carry and of "you won't ever see it" because if I do have to pull my weapon out (God forbid) it's not for show.

Also did that guy call white people boogaloos, rednecks? And Newsweek straight outreported that. Then the “general” says there is nobody out there, but still goes on his racist rant.

This is not good and is going to end badly for everyone
What is wrong with your reading comprehension? He wasn't referring to all white people.

The “boogaloo” movement, a patchwork of right-leaning anti-government libertarians, Second Amendment advocates, and gun enthusiasts all preparing for another American civil war.

"I don't see no white militia, the boogie [boogaloo] boys, the three percenters and all the rest of these scared-ass rednecks. We here, where the f**k you at? We're in your house,"

And by the way, I don't like to see any protests with guns.

What are they gonna do, shoot the damn thing off the mountain?

I also notice you failed to mention the mask protests (mostly white guys) in Michigan. Just as - if not more - stupid. I wonder why that is?
Well you seemed to be sent over the edge and created a post after seeing black people carrying guns instead of the white people in Michigan.

But I agree those white people are really dumb.

You'd have to be blind to not notice the trend towards "armed protests" lately. First (that I am aware of) is the protest about having to wear masks.

Now we have things like this going on:

https://www.newsweek.com/armed-blac...-militia-georgias-stone-mountain-park-1515494

Gotta say - seeing some nice hardware and pretty decent trigger discipline.

Both are two sides of the same coin - though the second group is actually trying to call people out for.....what? A gunfight? I know it was a show and that the Stone Mountain police were there and apparently did a good job of keeping the peace. I think the "calling out" was just words.

And what were the guys in the mask protests a few months back gonna do - take over the state capital? What's their plan once things go sideways? I mean, besides shvtting themselves.

I'm HOPING the guns were all for show and weren't actually loaded. Were I organizing one of these things (which I wouldn't) I would insist all open carried weapons are to be empty. Don't need someone having an AD and causing a damn war beside the Duck Boat ticket booth. It makes shvt cover.

don't worry.

a lot of these black men are capitalist and realize whats going on, they will end up on the right side

no pun intended

Well you seemed to be sent over the edge and created a post after seeing black people carrying guns instead of the white people in Michigan.

But I agree those white people are really dumb.

But you didn't even acknowledge the fact that both protests were mentioned. Which tells me you were looking to call someone a racist today.

I guess I gave you the opportunity. You're wrong, but when has that ever mattered here?

What is wrong with your reading comprehension? He wasn't referring to all white people.

The “boogaloo” movement, a patchwork of right-leaning anti-government libertarians, Second Amendment advocates, and gun enthusiasts all preparing for another American civil war.

"I don't see no white militia, the boogie [boogaloo] boys, the three percenters and all the rest of these scared-ass rednecks. We here, where the f**k you at? We're in your house,"

And by the way, I don't like to see any protests with guns.

That was something else - who in the hell are these groups? I don't even know what a three percenter or a boogaloo boy is.

Both Black and White hate groups, keep this up and we all will be in the swamps with a Chinese bayonet in our butts picking rice for the Chinese. Wake up people.

You’d think the gun-crazed side would be thrilled with armed protests towards a tyrannical government and law enforcement, but I guess since they’re not white they need to just fall in line and listen right?

You wanna know how I know you didn't read the linked article?

There are some significant differences between the Georgia & Michigan protests.
  • Michigan is an open carry state - Georgia (to my knowledge) is not.
  • Michigan allows firearms in their government buildings.
  • Not all of the Michigan protestors were armed - per this story - https://www.vox.com/policy-and-poli...ers-michigan-capitol-rally-stay-at-home-order . Everyone in the NFAC was armed & wearing tactical gear.
  • The Michigan protest was decried by the media as dangerous because it was a gathering of more than 10 people & that group was endangering everyone else by doing so. All the photos I saw of that protest looked like everyone was masked, so they have that in common with the Georgia protest. I haven't seen any mention of the Georgia protest in the news.
  • I haven't seen any footage of Michigan protestors demanding reparations from passing cars, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen.
Take it all for what it's worth & draw your own conclusions.

Georgia is an open carry state. Everyone loves guns and loves to shoot paper targets, but when the bullets are coming back at you it is a different ballgame. It will only take one person to become scared and shoot someone, and then the military will come in and trust me those pee shooters will do you no good.

But you didn't even acknowledge the fact that both protests were mentioned. Which tells me you were looking to call someone a racist today.

I guess I gave you the opportunity. You're wrong, but when has that ever mattered here?
Why would I acknowledge that when it was clear what prompted to you to create this post. I haven't called anyone racist btw.

• Not all of the Michigan protestors were armed - per this story - https://www.vox.com/policy-and-poli...ers-michigan-capitol-rally-stay-at-home-order . Everyone in the NFAC was armed & wearing tactical gear.
  • The Michigan protest was decried by the media as dangerous because it was a gathering of more than 10 people & that group was endangering everyone else by doing so. All the photos I saw of that protest looked like everyone was masked, so they have that in common with the Georgia protest. I haven't seen any mention of the Georgia protest in the news.
  • I haven't seen any footage of Michigan protestors demanding reparations from passing cars, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen.
Was all over the news in Atlanta yesterday and Saturday. Georiga is an open carry state.

Take it all for what its worth & draw your own conclusions.

I have zero problems with what they did (specifically and only marching while open carrying). It’s perfectly legal.

Why would I acknowledge that when it was clear what prompted to you to create this post. I haven't called anyone racist btw.

One incident is just an incident. Two or more shows a trend. We have now had multiple. I don't count CHAZ because that was just a band of idiots.

So protests are trending towards being armed. This isn't good.

And I'm a 2A guy. Hell I just finished building my AR two weeks ago. I'm not taking it to a protest though. Among other reasons is the sling would have it banging into my nuts the whole time.

Was all over the news in Atlanta yesterday and Saturday. Georiga is an open carry state.

Take it all for what its worth & draw your own conclusions.

It is for long guns, but you need a permit for handguns. Which is where the confusion comes from. Most people don't walk around open carrying long guns.

Ted Turner used to go to his office at CNN carrying his shotgun - because he had just come from hunting somewhere - but he owned the damn building so......

Some good info - though as stated you can open carry a long gun in Georgia.

But there is often a difference between "legal" and "a good idea."

FTR - the Michigan thing was an even worse idea.....

They weren’t there against a tyrannical government

That's how I know he didn't read the article. They also weren't there to protest the police, as the Stone Mountain Police provided security. The protesters were actually complementary of the SMPD.

I get that this was all for show, but I don't know what the end game was. Sooner or later one of these things is going to get nuts.

Not gonna lie - I start seeing skinny ANTIFA-types with guns running around is when I'm gonna get nervous. Because most of them probably don't know which end of the gun the bullets come out of. But they might actually screw up and shoot someone.

Call me whatever, I support I support every law abiding American citizen of the requisite age to own guns. However, instances like this one and the one in Michigan are appalling to me. I don't see how anyone can be ok with brandishing weapons on public property as a form of protest.

BLM is creating more racists and causing others to come out in the open. I imagine that more confrontations will happen like this and will continue to increase until it gets bloody. If BLM thinks that these White Supremacists are not heavily armed too then they are stupid. Now the White Supremacists have much more cause to fight, and their ranks will increase. I thought this was coming when all of this destroying of southern history and US history and monuments started. As bad as these groups (White Supremacists) are, BLM may be as bad or worse. Now they realize that they may be the only (or first!!!) to stand up and fight back. The Revolution the BLM and Antifa have been calling for is indeed beginning to start!!!
Yes it has started. And that’s exactly what the puppet masters wanted. They are on the edge of their seats waiting for the blood to run down the streets. This has always been one of their major agendas. Sadly it appears they are about to accomplish that goal. All it will take is a group like this running into another armed group and a blood bath will ensue. When that happens it’s game over.

That was something else - who in the hell are these groups? I don't even know what a three percenter or a boogaloo boy is.
Well I wrote what a booogaloo boy is. Here is what a three percenter is:
The Three Percenters, also styled 3 Percenters, 3%ers and III%ers,[1] are an American far-right militia movement[2] and paramilitary group.[3] The group advocates gun ownership rights and resistance to the U.S. federal government's involvement in local affairs.

The group's name derives from the disputed claim that only three percent of American colonists took up arms against the Kingdom of Great Britain during the American Revolution.[4][5]

That's how I know he didn't read the article. They also weren't there to protest the police, as the Stone Mountain Police provided security. The protesters were actually complementary of the SMPD.

I get that this was all for show, but I don't know what the end game was. Sooner or later one of these things is going to get nuts.

Not gonna lie - I start seeing skinny ANTIFA-types with guns running around is when I'm gonna get nervous. Because most of them probably don't know which end of the gun the bullets come out of. But they might actually screw up and shoot someone.
Yea that’s a concern of mine too. All it takes is one shot in the right place in the wrong environment and all hell will break loose. I don’t think most understand how dangerously lose we are to having a problem most cannot comprehend. Once the shooting starts it won’t end for a long time. Everything changes. Things like corona will never be mentioned again and you will need a tank and armed militia to get to the grocery store if there is one.

Well I wrote what a booogaloo boy is. Here is what a three percenter is:
The Three Percenters, also styled 3 Percenters, 3%ers and III%ers,[1] are an American far-right militia movement[2] and paramilitary group.[3] The group advocates gun ownership rights and resistance to the U.S. federal government's involvement in local affairs.

The group's name derives from the disputed claim that only three percent of American colonists took up arms against the Kingdom of Great Britain during the American Revolution.[4][5]

Well, I guess I know what it is NOW! But I'd never heard of them before. I'd heard of the 3%ers but had no idea what they were. A kicker somewhere had one of their tattoos apparently and caught shvt for it.

Yea that’s a concern of mine too. All it takes is one shot in the right place in the wrong environment and all hell will break loose. I don’t think most understand how dangerously lose we are to having a problem most cannot comprehend. Once the shooting starts it won’t end for a long time. Everything changes. Things like corona will never be mentioned again and you will need a tank and armed militia to get to the grocery store if there is one.

CHAZ had the highest per-capita murder rate in the world in their short existence, I think.

Idiots with guns who didn't know how they worked........

Gun guys have an expression - "Fudds". It's guys who use guns but don't really understand them. These are the ones who often say things like "I forgot it was loaded" when almost shooting something they don't mean to. Every group has them.

The scariest thing is people with guns who are not properly trained. I was almost shot 4 times overseas by tired soldiers, not paying attention to detail while clearing their weapons. And these guys were properly trained.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT