ADVERTISEMENT

Baltimore riots...

I'm not defending anybody... My cousin who was a cop in philly just got killed last month...Matter fact I made a post about on here about it... But I'm also open minded enough to understand the situation... I'm a young blk male who lives in inner city Philadelphia and I say EVERYDAY that we need to focus on blk on blk violence WAY more than any beef with the cops... With that being said its easy to critique people when u dont understand their situation.... all of these "animals" if they were born and raised in rural south carolina would not be rioting and all of these posters would be rioting if they grew up in areas like West baltimore or North Philly... Nobody on this board understands what it's like to live in those circumstances.. I grew up at Mutter st and Indiana ave in North Philly..GOOGLE map that block... Kids DONT make it out of there... The ONLY reason I did, is because I was lucky enough to have a father who moved me out when I started to get in trouble... 98% of the kids in that area dont have that outlet

I totally disagree with you. They have a brain and know what they are doing is illegal. My dog knows when he shts on the floor and he is wrong. EVERYONE has a choice of who they become. I came from the hood is an excuse.

I have trained thousands of Soldiers from different backgrounds. I had some that joined the military to recruit gang members and to train gang members in military tactics, but the majority of the ones that come from the "hood" came to be a productive member of society. It was their choice to leave, just as it was your father's en he moved you.

The ones that are placing blame are the ones that should blame their selves for letting the community to get that way in the first place. No one will ever be successful if they refuse stop acting like a victim. They want to change the culture, it is going to take more than the police to do so. Why are the police lines full of white cops trying to save that community but not many black cops? Why aren't their more people in that community joining the police force to help with changing the community? No one will ever answer that question for me.

I totally disagree with you. They have a brain and know what they are doing is illegal. My dog knows when he shts on the floor and he is wrong. EVERYONE has a choice of who they become. I came from the hood is an excuse.

I have trained thousands of Soldiers from different backgrounds. I had some that joined the military to recruit gang members and to train gang members in military tactics, but the majority of the ones that come from the "hood" came to be a productive member of society. It was their choice to leave, just as it was your father's en he moved you.

The ones that are placing blame are the ones that should blame their selves for letting the community to get that way in the first place. No one will ever be successful if they refuse stop acting like a victim. They want to change the culture, it is going to take more than the police to do so. Why are the police lines full of white cops trying to save that community but not many black cops? Why aren't their more people in that community joining the police force to help with changing the community? No one will ever answer that question for me.

SMH...I'm sitting here watching the footage and most of the people acting crazy are young.. looks like 17 and under.. I had both parents and I did dumb ish growing up... Im pretty sure u did dumb ish growing up... now multiply that by the fact that u have no father, maybe a mom on drugs and the temptation of peer pressure and this is what u get....Most of my friends already messed up their life be4 they turned 17.. There are exceptions to every rule.. There are always gonna be a few people who overcome the odds but its like 95% chance that u are not... Whenever u or any poster is in the Philadelphia..hit me up... I will take u on a tour of American Hell... You explain to me how are they supposed to make it in life...

Reactions: Edistoplayer
I'm not defending anybody... My cousin who was a cop in philly just got killed last month...Matter fact I made a post about on here about it... But I'm also open minded enough to understand the situation... I'm a young blk male who lives in inner city Philadelphia and I say EVERYDAY that we need to focus on blk on blk violence WAY more than any beef with the cops... With that being said its easy to critique people when u dont understand their situation.... all of these "animals" if they were born and raised in rural south carolina would not be rioting and all of these posters would be rioting if they grew up in areas like West baltimore or North Philly... Nobody on this board understands what it's like to live in those circumstances.. I grew up at Mutter st and Indiana ave in North Philly..GOOGLE map that block... Kids DONT make it out of there... The ONLY reason I did, is because I was lucky enough to have a father who moved me out when I started to get in trouble... 98% of the kids in that area dont have that outlet

what an idiot. idk how you can try to justify this in any way.

I don't care what your background is- this behavior is unacceptable.

Let's assume for the sake of argument that what you say about how hard it is is correct- will looting all of the resources from an already economically depressed area improve things? How about cutting a fire hose that is actively being used to put out a fire?

I find your post very confusing- it seems to me to be a half hearted attempt to explain or even justify it. I don't really think that has a ton of relevance to the situation moving forward. What WILL happen (practically speaking) is that no businesses will want to serve/invest in that area and the residents (understandably, due to increased risk). What then? How do these residents eat without a grocery store?

As an American tax payer, should I want them to even rebuild this? Does it seem like a prudent investment right now?

Reactions: yemassee
SMH...I'm sitting here watching the footage and most of the people acting crazy are young.. looks like 17 and under.. I had both parents and I did dumb ish growing up... Im pretty sure u did dumb ish growing up... now multiply that by the fact that u have no father, maybe a mom on drugs and the temptation of peer pressure and this is what u get....Most of my friends already messed up their life be4 they turned 17.. There are exceptions to every rule.. There are always gonna be a few people who overcome the odds but its like 95% chance that u are not... Whenever u or any poster is in the Philadelphia..hit me up... I will take u on a tour of American Hell... You explain to me how are they supposed to make it in life...

You can SMH me all you want. I have friends that are from the Philly "hood", Detroit 8 Mile and even they say they thought like you at one point but can see past the victim BS.
Have you went back to make a positive change in your old "hood"? You know to show that there is an opportunity to be successful. Who in that community does that now? People say they want change, well fvcking change it

Oh, just to let you know, I have walked those same streets that the rioting is going on in Nov 04. Walked with my head high and confident.

Watched Watts burn.... Never the same, drove through Newark 20+ years later and still burned out, lived in New Haven and burned out 30 years later. Desperation breeds anger and lawlessness. It is aggravated by the truly lawless and evil such as gangs. These places never really recover due to the cost of rebuilding and lack of security.

Sad cycle of poverty, crime, and decay made even greater by unfettered immigration. Ever notice everyone of these cities thinks that government money and programs will make it better?

Reactions: CUtiger1995
Kansas is right. We are a product of our experiences.[/QUO
I call BS. No one would ever make it out if that was the case.

I learned from my experiences. I had a shitty father. He didn't do anything with me. I could use that as an excuse to be the same way with my kids, but I grew and learned from it. When I am not away, I do all I can with my sons.

Product of the area is the reason. Does that mean it is an acceptable excuse? No. Simply put if we continue to allow people have an "out" because of where they grew up when and how do we ever fix anything? For sake of argument if I grew up in a home with an alcoholic father that beats my Mom does it give me an "out" to do the same when I get older? Hell no. Because in the end it is wrong. I agree to an extent it is tough to escape the pressure of growing up rough but at some point people have to be held accountable for their actions.

Reactions: Florida Tiger
Kansas keep dishing it and telling everyone how you see it.

Everyone sees everything through their own lense of reality. Right is right, wrong is wrong... However who defines right and wrong...

Only through the eyes of others can we learn what others experience. Through this learning hopefully we can formulate a response that will allow us to save our own communities in times of trouble.

SMH, maybe ur slow or something.. SOME of u are so ignorant.. U can't possibly compare living fatherless and poor in rural, South Carolina to living in a impoverish area of North Philly... it's no way u are serious....That's like comparing Div II Millersville Football to Clemson Football and saying well they are both college football

SMH, maybe ur slow or something.. SOME of u are so ignorant.. U can't possibly compare living fatherless and poor in rural, South Carolina to living in a impoverish area of North Philly... it's no way u are serious....That's like comparing Div II Millersville Football to Clemson Football and saying well they are both college football

If these were white people instead of black you don't think people would be just as pissed? Why are making excuses for these POS? Is it because you're black and you feel you're obligated to stick up for others of the same skin color?

What is your point? Do you think they are justified? How many things are they allowed to destroy? If you owned a shop in that area, would they be justified in destroying your life's work? Real questions that I'm sure you won't answer.

So answer my questions. What have you done to help your old community? Who is trying to change the culture? The ignorance is with your mentality. "Victims" will continue to be victims. Trying to downplay where I am from is another scapegoat.

I have been in some of the harshest and dangerous conditions that this world has to offer. I am alive now by not only my brother and sisters in arms, but for local nationals that I have fought beside. I was in the initial invasion in Iraq where everyone that had a weapon was the enemy, just to go back a year later and fight side by side with some that I probably would have put in my sights a year earlier. How do you think I felt or what I was thinking having to fight with those that probably pulled a trigger against our fellow servicemen? Some have saved my life in Iraq and Afghanistan. I may not know football as well as others, but I know culture. If you want the culture changed then community has to do what it takes to change it. Clean up the streets, kick out the trash.

Continue to make excuses and NOTHING will change!

If these were white people instead of black you don't think people would be just as pissed? Why are making excuses for these POS? Is it because you're black and you feel you're obligated to stick up for others of the same skin color?

Nothing in the history of this fine country we live in would suggest that people would be just as pissed if they were white and not black.

Nothing in the history of this fine country we live in would suggest that people would be just as pissed if they were white and not black.

So you believe most of the disgust, or large part of it, on this board is because they are black? Not the looting, setting retirement homes on fire, jumping reporters, ect. People would be just kind of upset over this instead of disgusted if they were white. Got it

What is your point? Do you think they are justified? How many things are they allowed to destroy? If you owned a shop in that area, would they be justified in destroying your life's work? Real questions that I'm sure you won't answer.

When did I ever say this was justifiable??? If you, actually look thru my posts I said that I ARGUE EVERYDAY that blacks should be more worried about blk on blk crime as opposed to the cops BUT I also said that 95% of these looters are KIDS who grow up in conditions you would not be able to imagine... These SAME EXACT "ANIMALS" if they grew up in Clemson, Sc would not be "ANIMALS".. it's not that hard of a concept

Reactions: JackPackTerrier
So you believe most of the disgust, or large part of it, on this board is because they are black? Not the looting, setting retirement homes on fire, jumping reporters, ect. People would be just kind of upset over this instead of disgusted if they were white. Got it

If you can give me multiple upon multiple scenarios when the disgust of this country's citizens was the same for white people as it is for black people in the same or similar scenario, then I will back track.

When did I ever say this was justifiable??? If you, actually look thru my posts I said that I ARGUE EVERYDAY that blacks should be more worried about blk on blk crime as opposed to the cops BUT I also said that 95% of these looters are KIDS who grow up in conditions you would not be able to imagine... These SAME EXACT "ANIMALS" if they grew up in Clemson, Sc would not be "ANIMALS".. it's not that hard of a concept

I just want to ask this ok. What do you know about one single person on this board? What do you know about anyone on this board that somehow gives you the right to tell them what they do and do not understand? Do you have some background on everyone on this board? I do not doubt you grew up in a rough area. I want to applaud you for not allowing the rough area to hold you down. You should hold your head high and proud. But to sit back and just judge someone on here without knowing them is kind of exactly what you are saying all of us are doing to the people of Baltimore is it not?

No, you have a hard time gasping the concept that we would call them animals/thugs if it did happen in Clemson SC. Maybe you are the slow one.

Go watch the videos, it is more than 95% KIDS.

Reactions: yemassee

I'm glad you had a father who took responsibility for you and did the right thing. You were more than lucky, you were blessed. I wish more fathers cared as much as yours.

If you can give me multiple upon multiple scenarios when the disgust of this country's citizens was the same for white people as it is for black people in the same or similar scenario, then I will back track.

no go ahead with your ignorant way of thinking

It is funny to see all the "animal" comments Kansas. And you are right, they would not say a damn word to their faces. They are badass on the internet, though. What is really funny is that the people on here using the animal term would describe every black kid on the Clemson football roster the same way, if he was not wearing that orange jersey.

Have there been any similar scenarios recently to compare?

Kansas is right. We are a product of our experiences.

Wrong! We are the product of our choices. Every person born, whether they are white, black, brown; whether their family is rich, poor, middle class; whether they are from the country, city or suburb; we were all born powerful. No one was born powerless. God made sure of it. We were all born with the power to choose. That my friend determines the product of our lives.

No, you have a hard time gasping the concept that we would call them animals/thugs if it did happen in Clemson SC. Maybe you are the slow one.

Go watch the videos, it is more than 95% KIDS.
u misinterpreted the point genius... I mean that the same kids who u are calling "animals" wouldn't be animals in Clemson,Sc because they would be living in a much more stable environment compared to North Philly/West baltimore

Reactions: JackPackTerrier
No genius, it's nowhere they are from... it is how they are acting. I am sure there are some fine upstanding young gentlemen in that neighborhood. How hard is it for you to comprehend that? If it was happening in Newberry, SC, where I am from, I would be saying the EXACT SAME THING. Black or white.

no go ahead with your ignorant way of thinking
The reason I'm not giving you multiple upon multiple similar scenarios is because they are none. If you can name just one similar or same scenario involving 99% of white people I will concede. The fact that you think people would be less concerned in this exact situation if they were white proves your ignorance.

u misinterpreted the point genius... I mean that the same kids who u are calling "animals" wouldn't be animals in Clemson,Sc because they would be living in a much more stable environment compared to North Philly/West baltimore
There are thugs everywhere dude. They don't have to be from the hood to act like one

Reactions: avengermg73
AN_004.jpg

Reactions: SWUtigers
Watched Watts burn.... Never the same, drove through Newark 20+ years later and still burned out, lived in New Haven and burned out 30 years later. Desperation breeds anger and lawlessness. It is aggravated by the truly lawless and evil such as gangs. These places never really recover due to the cost of rebuilding and lack of security.

Sad cycle of poverty, crime, and decay made even greater by unfettered immigration. Ever notice everyone of these cities thinks that government money and programs will make it better?

The saddest cycle of them all is fatherlessness. Why do young men join gangs? Because they need to be affirmed into manhood by another male, not their mom or grandma. Every young man needs an older man to validate and affirm them by letting them know they have what it takes. Fatherlessness has touched every demographic, however statistically it is an epidemic in the areas and demographic you mention. We have a welfare system that gives single mothers raises for every child they have. Our government programs support fatherlessness. The ones I want to punch in the face first aren't the ones doing the burning, looting and craziness. I want to beat the crap out of their sorry sperm donors who didn't step up and teach these young men what being a man is all about.

However, even fatherlessness isn't an excuse for destructive behavior. Our nation will continue to degenerate until this victim mentality, and the "it's not your fault baby" crap in every demographic, race, region, sub-culture, etc. is dealt with.

Reactions: XTIGERK
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT