ADVERTISEMENT

Biden declares war on MAGA

You're correct in pointing out that the MAGA movement doesn't "appear" to be that extreme because that was a unique movement but as @okclem pointed out, they don't telegraph their darkest plans ahead of time. But after they purge 50,000+ government employees in favor of ideological loyalists and he doesn't have to worry about the election anymore, all bets are off.

To be fair, the Nazis absolutely telegraphed their plans ahead of time. They ran on that platform and won. They were legally elected.

You're correct in pointing out that the MAGA movement doesn't "appear" to be that extreme because that was a unique movement but as @okclem pointed out, they don't telegraph their darkest plans ahead of time. But after they purge 50,000+ government employees in favor of ideological loyalists and he doesn't have to worry about the election anymore, all bets are off.

Also, I’d argue that Trump isn’t really the scary one. The scary one is whoever comes after Trump after the Maga movement has paved the way for authoritarianism and Fascism to truly take hold. Trump is just a narcissistic megalomaniac whose political positions are for sale and cares a lot more a pumping his ego than actually enacting any particular policy. The next one will be a true believer and far more calculating and won’t have to fight for institutional changes if Trump takes care of that for them.

To be fair, the Nazis absolutely telegraphed their plans ahead of time. They ran on that platform and won. They were legally elected.
Without researching it, I thought Hindenburg appointed Hitler in 1933 and I don't believe the Final Solution was known to be in the plans at that time - hints maybe but I don't think the public anticipated the Holocaust. I also believe I remember reading they terrorized the public into voting for the party and/or terrorized people to prevent them from voting.

Reactions: PAWrocka and okclem
They did not telegraph genocide. They never ran on a platform of exterminating races of people. That is absolutely false.

They ran on a platform of scapegoating those people and of German imperial expansion, and then once they were in power they ratcheted up the pressure year by year on anyone seen as undesirable.

You're obviously very educated on these matters, but you're simply wrong about them telegraphing ALL their plans before they were duly elected to power.

This is not the first time you've tried to make this argument either. I'm going to ask you for some evidence that the Nazis telegraphed their intentions to commit genocide in their election platform.

Last edited:
Without researching it, I thought Hindenburg appointed Hitler in 1933 and I don't believe the Final Solution was known to be in the plans at that time - hints maybe but I don't think the public anticipated the Holocaust. I also believe I remember reading they terrorized the public into voting for the party and/or terrorized people to prevent them from voting.
Hitler/Nazis won the votes and Von Hindenburg awarded Hitler the chancellorship outright and legally in 1933, and then after the Reichstag fire the Nazis just pressured Von Hindenburg into a emergency suspension of parliamentary procedure that placed total, dictatorial power in Hitler's hands.

Hitler did want to murder all the Jews all along, but he never ran on a platform of murdering every Jew. The Final Solution wasn't thought up and implemented until 1942.

Last edited:
Reactions: PAWrocka
Side note about that picture of Biden in the original post... I'm pretty sure that's an AI image. I don't think Biden can lift his fists that high over his head.

Hitler won the chancellorship outright and legally in 1933, and then after the Reichstag fire the Nazis just pressured Von Hindenburg into a emergency suspension of parliamentary procedure that placed total, dictatorial power in Hitler's hands.

Hitler did want to murder all the Jews all along, but he never ran on a platform of murdering every Jew. The Final Solution wasn't thought up and implemented until 1942.
That's right, thanks for jogging my memory. I should have known this because I spent 6 days in Berlin last year and visited many of the historical sites from that time, though we couldn't tour the Reichstag because we didn't realize you had to book a tour ahead of time. Side note, I also tried to book a tour of the annex where Anne Frank's family hid out when I was in Amsterdam the year before but you have to book that a month out.

Last edited:
Reactions: okclem
That's right, thanks for jogging my memory. I should have known this because I spent 6 days in Berlin last year and visited many of the historical sites from that time, though we couldn't tour the Reichstag because we didn't realize you had to book a tour ahead of time. Side note, I also tried to book a tour of the annex where Anne Frank's family hid out when I was in Amsterdam the year before but you have to book that a month out.
That's awesome I'm glad you got to take that trip. I went to Europe when I was 10, too young to really appreciate it. But my parents did take me to Dachau, and I remember it like it happened yesterday. It was probably the single most formative event of my life. I can accept that it made me kind of militant in my anti-fascist views. But I believe that's what you have to be when it comes time fascism.

Reactions: dpic73
That's awesome I'm glad you got to take that trip. I went to Europe when I was 10, too young to really appreciate it. But my parents did take me to Dachau, and I remember it like it happened yesterday. It was probably the single most formative event of my life. I can accept that it made me kind of militant in my anti-fascist views. But I believe that's what you have to be when it comes time fascism.
The Germans are deeply ashamed of their past and we were told right off the bat it's considered impolite to speak Hitler's name out loud. They tell you to say Fuhrer instead. FYI, I did get a pic of the Reichstag from outside though.

d2iU5Lx.jpg

Also, I’d argue that Trump isn’t really the scary one. The scary one is whoever comes after Trump after the Maga movement has paved the way for authoritarianism and Fascism to truly take hold. Trump is just a narcissistic megalomaniac whose political positions are for sale and cares a lot more a pumping his ego than actually enacting any particular policy. The next one will be a true believer and far more calculating and won’t have to fight for institutional changes if Trump takes care of that for them.
Probably true but I'm not sure what's scarier - a dumb authoritarian who can easily influence his cult to go along with his seditious plans or a smart one who might not suffer from the same level of megalomania.

The ‘28-‘32 elections are considered to be free and fair. Nazi party won 12 seats in ‘28, 95 seats in ‘30, 123 seats in ‘32. So the Nazis were getting elected freely and farily with Hitler as the leader of the party. They won 37% of the vote in ‘32 which gave them the highest numer of seats in Parliament, though not quite a majority. Since there was no majority, Hindeburg named Hitler chancellor since they had the most seats. After becoming Chancellor, hitler was able to force a new election in March of ‘33, before which was the famous reichstag fire. There’s debate over just how “free and fair” that election was. Hitler had gained significant power over the country’s institutions, including the police force, so there was certainly some voter intimidation happening, but there was actual opposition on the ballot and the Nazis still did not get majority control, although they took 43% of the votes.

Hitler then pushed for the enabling act, which passed 444-94. The Nazis at this point 288 seats, so members of other parties did legitimately vote for this bill, which then more or less gave Hitler dictatorial control, and he named himself Fuhrer in 1934.

So yes, the Nazis came to power freely and fairly, and then once they got “enough” power they were able to muscle their way into a dictatorship.

Genocide was not a part of their political talking points, but they had very, very clearly laid out plans to expel Jews from Germany, severly restrict the rights of any non-German, use the military to reclaim what they felt were their rightful lands, and to establish “unlimited authority” of the central government. They told everyone they wanted to establish a dictatorship.

Probably true but I'm not sure what's scarier - a dumb authoritarian who can easily influence his cult to go along with his seditious plans or a smart one who might not suffer from the same level of megalomania.
The one thing Trump has that makes him the most dangerous person right now, is a citizen army ready to die for him. I don't think any movement like this can survive without a fuhrer, and I don't know that anyone is there waiting to step into Trump's shoes.

I have a very close eye on Elon Musk though. I think he represents a potentially far greater threat than Trump. I don't know of any other person who could lead a bona fide movement at the moment. But overall I agree with the notion that even if trump loses in November we are still stuck with his maga lunacy for a long time.

They did not telegraph genocide. They never ran on a platform of exterminating races of people. That is absolutely false.

They ran on a platform of scapegoating those people and of German imperial expansion, and then once they were in power they ratcheted up the pressure year by year on anyone seen as undesirable.

You're obviously very educated on these matters, but you're simply wrong about them telegraphing ALL their plans before they were duly elected to power.

This is not the first time you've tried to make this argument either. I'm going to ask you for some evidence that the Nazis telegraphed their intentions to commit genocide in their election platform.
At no point have I ever said they ran on genocide. I am not including genocide when I say they “telegraphed their plans.” I’m referring to the laws and programs that they passed that eventually led up to genocide. I don’t know that the Nazis even knew they wanted to commit genocide until farily late in their regime.

The Germans are deeply ashamed of their past and we were told right off the bat it's considered impolite to speak Hitler's name out loud. They tell you to say Fuhrer instead. FYI, I did get a pic of the Reichstag from outside though.

d2iU5Lx.jpg
I believe displaying anything Nazi related is actually illegal in Germany, right?

The ‘28-‘32 elections are considered to be free and fair. Nazi party won 12 seats in ‘28, 95 seats in ‘30, 123 seats in ‘32. So the Nazis were getting elected freely and farily with Hitler as the leader of the party. They won 37% of the vote in ‘32 which gave them the highest numer of seats in Parliament, though not quite a majority. Since there was no majority, Hindeburg named Hitler chancellor since they had the most seats. After becoming Chancellor, hitler was able to force a new election in March of ‘33, before which was the famous reichstag fire. There’s debate over just how “free and fair” that election was. Hitler had gained significant power over the country’s institutions, including the police force, so there was certainly some voter intimidation happening, but there was actual opposition on the ballot and the Nazis still did not get majority control, although they took 43% of the votes.

Hitler then pushed for the enabling act, which passed 444-94. The Nazis at this point 288 seats, so members of other parties did legitimately vote for this bill, which then more or less gave Hitler dictatorial control, and he named himself Fuhrer in 1934.

So yes, the Nazis came to power freely and fairly, and then once they got “enough” power they were able to muscle their way into a dictatorship.

Genocide was not a part of their political talking points, but they had very, very clearly laid out plans to expel Jews from Germany, severly restrict the rights of any non-German, use the military to reclaim what they felt were their rightful lands, and to establish “unlimited authority” of the central government. They told everyone they wanted to establish a dictatorship.
You mean, like the way Trump and his people have very, very clearly spelled out their plans in Project 2025 to expel "undocumented people" from this country, severely restrict the rights of any non- Christian, establish total authority of the central government, deriving from one man, the man who has already said he wants to be a dictator on day 1?

What are you arguing here? Just take the L and move on. Hitler and the Nazis never telegraphed everything, not even close to everything. This is such a weird hill to die on.

At no point have I ever said they ran on genocide. I am not including genocide when I say they “telegraphed their plans.” I’m referring to the laws and programs that they passed that eventually led up to genocide. I don’t know that the Nazis even knew they wanted to commit genocide until farily late in their regime.
Okay fine. Jesus Christ 😅

You mean, like the way Trump and his people have very, very clearly spelled out their plans in Project 2025 to expel "undocumented people" from this country, severely restrict the rights of any non- Christian, establish total authority of the central government, deriving from one man, the man who has already said he wants to be a dictator on day 1?

What are you arguing here? Just take the L and move on. Hitler and the Nazis never telegraphed everything, not even close to everything. This is such a weird hill to die on.
Wtf are you talking about? What hill am I dying on? We’re literally making the same argument. Project 2025 is the American version of the Nazi 25 point plan. Your first paragraph is making my point.

yes and also what they call incitement of the people , or hate speech. They also have a law criminalizing Holocaust denial.

This nazi AfD party is currently making political headway in Germany. This shit is on the rise all over Europe again.

If you're the surviving Nazis of ww2, and you want your movement to survive and make another run at racist world domination, the way you do it in the 21st century is get the former 20th century Allies politically aligned with nazi ideology. Why fight em when you can just influence them to fight on your side this time. I hope all freedom and decency loving people are ready. They're about to shoot for the moon again.

In the 25 points doc that @okclem attached, it says Jews could stay but only as a guest, though I'm sure it was implicitly understood they weren't welcome.
  1. Only a member of the race can be a citizen. A member of the race can only be one who is of German blood, without consideration of creed. Consequently no Jew can be a member of the race.
  2. Whoever has no citizenship is to be able to live in Germany only as a guest, and must be under the authority of legislation for foreigners.
They also understood it was prudent to softly implement their plans to not induce panic until they had full control. The Reichstag fire served as the excuse for implementing Emergency Powers. I'm wondering if "Weaponization of Govt." will be the excuse for the maga party to do the same.

"However, following Hitler being elected chancellor, the SA, and particularly Röhm, were keen to continue the ‘revolution’ and replace the traditional conservative elite with Nazis. Hitler and the rest of the Nazi leadership disagreed with their approach. They understood the need to appear moderate and take over slowly by democratic means where possible, maintaining the stability and illusion of a democracy."

In the 25 points doc that @okclem attached, it says Jews could stay but only as a guest, though I'm sure it was implicitly understood they weren't welcome.
  1. Only a member of the race can be a citizen. A member of the race can only be one who is of German blood, without consideration of creed. Consequently no Jew can be a member of the race.
  2. Whoever has no citizenship is to be able to live in Germany only as a guest, and must be under the authority of legislation for foreigners.
They also understood it was prudent to softly implement their plans to not induce panic until they had full control. The Reichstag fire served as the excuse for implementing Emergency Powers. I'm wondering if "Weaponization of Govt." will be the excuse for the maga party to do the same.

"However, following Hitler being elected chancellor, the SA, and particularly Röhm, were keen to continue the ‘revolution’ and replace the traditional conservative elite with Nazis. Hitler and the rest of the Nazi leadership disagreed with their approach. They understood the need to appear moderate and take over slowly by democratic means where possible, maintaining the stability and illusion of a democracy."
Yep, good info here. By no measure did the Nazis absolutely telegraph their plans. They telegraphed enough hatred and bigotry to get into power, exactly as Trump has done since he started his first campaign.

Nazi adjacent might be a better term. To me, the key markers of Nazism were 1) their desire to forcibly take land in the name of “lebensraum” or living space and 2) their absolute obsession with eugenics and belief that they could engineer a perfect race.

In terms of living space, Putin is actually very close to Hitler on this issue, and in fact many of Putin’s talking points on invading Ukraine match - almost verbatim - with Hitler talking points on invading Poland.

On the eugenics issue, I believe that is purely unique to Nazism. Other authoritarian states have certainly been racist and xenophobic but none went nearly as far as the Nazis did. You couldn’t even join the Nazi party without extensive background research into your and your spouses ethnic background.

To this point, Trump has had a mostly isolationist stance which is completely opposite from the Nazi desire to expand. And although Trump has used some questionable language like immigrants “poisoning the blood” he hasn’t suggested any policy that comes close to even the early Nazi policies in eugenics, such as forced sterilization, before they eventually turned to genocide.

The parts that you bolded around anti-intellectualism are not unique to Nazism, although it might be fair to argue the Nazis were much more militant in their striving to stamp out intellectualism/science etc. but even this was rooted in eugenics, as many of the scientists in the country were Jewish or at the very least non-German, which meant that by policy they couldn’t be trusted. This was actually a huge help to the US in the development of the atomic bomb and, eventually, landing on the moon.

The Nazis were also extraordinarily efficient in their propaganda methods.

The other more common elements of Fascism are surely shared by the Trump/maga movement, with Project 2025 intentionally creating a clear pathway to authoritarian rule. But it’s not fair to call them Nazis, given that Nazism is ideologically unique in global history.

There you go @TigerGrowls I gave you the answer to the test.
This is the correct answer, yet all your supporters in this thread fail to realize it. Ironic, yet not surprising, people like @dpic73 make posts about anti-intellectuals when they clearly fall in that category, as well.

This is the correct answer, yet all your supporters in this thread fail to realize it. Ironic, yet not surprising, people like @dpic73 make posts about anti-intellectuals when they clearly fall in that category, as well.
I'm smart enough to put your squirrely ass in your place when I choose to.

And thanks for adding to the discussion by attacking me instead of adding your intellectual take on the subject dumbass.

• Haha
Reactions: BlueRidgedf
I'm smart enough to put your squirrely ass in your place when I choose to.

And thanks for adding to the discussion by attacking me instead of adding your intellectual take on the subject dumbass.
You never put anyone in their place as you rarely have a clue what you are talking about.

I added to the discussion to point out that even people on your side of the trump hater's aisle, can point out the fact that your(and others) constant nazi references are further proof of your lack of intellectual capacity.

There is certainly plenty to criticize trump about, he is a terrible person. To throw around nazi references both cheapens the atrocities actual nazi's committed and makes the rare accurate criticism of trump you make less reliable.

Reactions: TigerGrowls
I do have to give credit here to @TigerGrowls for recognizing that Nazism was a FAR RIGHT political party even though it had the name socialism in it. Despite numerous attempts by magas over the last 6-8 years to paint Nazism as a left wing movement merely because of that word.

So, major props to you @TigerGrowls, even though it's because you definitely slipped up and didn't catch that, because you have been one of the ones who frequently calls it a left wing ideology.

Do you, as an America First conservative, consider yourself moderate, right wing, or far right?
Wait there now. I added that it's the definition in the liberal mainstream. LOL!!

Okclems nazi learning is focused around watching hogans heros. He thought sergeant Schultz was the anti christ.

You never put anyone in their place as you rarely have a clue what you are talking about.

I added to the discussion to point out that even people on your side of the trump hater's aisle, can point out the fact that your(and others) constant nazi references are further proof of your lack of intellectual capacity.

There is certainly plenty to criticize trump about, he is a terrible person. To throw around nazi references both cheapens the atrocities actual nazi's committed and makes the rare accurate criticism of trump you make less reliable.
Says the guy who just called me out for saying something I didn't, which means you don't have the ability to even comprehend what you're reading. I didn't call anyone a nazi, I used a different term and you're free to research that and then follow that up by reading what i said that backed up my statement.

And you know I've eaten your lunch plenty of times on this board and I can provide the proof if I need to because you're the disingenuous chud that claims you hate Trump but you'll have a meaningless, insignificant reason for voting for him anyway like "I don't like Trump but he's the much better option because "hamsters ate Mary Poppins balls on a ferris wheel"

In short, you are full of shit.

Can you direct the same fingerwagging at those on the right who claim that everyone on the left are socialists/communists?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT