ADVERTISEMENT

Bill Maher has a point

China is absolutely to blame for not shutting down these live animal markets.

I think it's more than that, actually. Too much secrecy and obfuscation from the Chinese and too much coincidence.

A bio-research facility located in Wuhan? With questionable management/oversight and ability to handle and contain the sh*t that they were working with. Nothing to do with this. Staff changes at at that lab prior to this virus becoming a "thing"? Nah. Routine. Rejection of help from the US? Nothing to see here..

Probably some underpaid researcher or cleanup person, sold an infected bat to a vendor at that market.

The Chinese were and are attempting to save face to facilitate their long standing campaign to boost their global image and elevate themselves to the preeminent position of global influence, economically, politically, and militarily.

We the public will never know the real truth. Why? Because China doesn't want the truth to get out and will pull out all the stops to sow dis-information etc. Also, because we (the US) still has to interact with China economically and diplomatically (especially with respect to the DPRK). We also still need them for medical supplies, drugs, rare earth elements etc, so there is only so far that we can go.

While we still hammer China on many fronts, the "real truth" might be a casualty to realpolitik.

I think it's more than that, actually. Too much secrecy and obfuscation from the Chinese and too much coincidence.

A bio-research facility located in Wuhan? With questionable management/oversight and ability to handle and contain the sh*t that they were working with. Nothing to do with this. Staff changes at at that lab prior to this virus becoming a "thing"? Nah. Routine. Rejection of help from the US? Nothing to see here..

Probably some underpaid researcher or cleanup person, sold an infected bat to a vendor at that market.

The Chinese were and are attempting to save face to facilitate their long standing campaign to boost their global image and elevate themselves to the preeminent position of global influence, economically, politically, and militarily.

We the public will never know the real truth. Why? Because China doesn't want the truth to get out and will pull out all the stops to sow dis-information etc. Also, because we (the US) still has to interact with China economically and diplomatically (especially with respect to the DPRK). We also still need them for medical supplies, drugs, rare earth elements etc, so there is only so far that we can go.

While we still hammer China on many fronts, the "real truth" might be a casualty to realpolitik.
Okay that is more detail than I care to engage in on this specific issue, but I think secrecy and obfuscation is basically the default position by the chinese government.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT