ADVERTISEMENT

Burch

I’ve said this many times...

If he was gonna commit to Scar, he would have already...he lives in the heart of Cockland, the school is literally right around the corner & all his influences are virtually cock fans...so there is no reason whatsoever for him to have not committed there if that was indeed where he was going....

You know why he hasn’t committed there yet? B/c he’s not going there...

The longer, the better for us...

#Patience
You could’ve applied the same argument to Clowney almost. He doesn’t live in their backyard but Rock Hill has long been a pipeline to that school, and it was pretty obvious to everyone that he was going to go to UofSC. Yet he committed late.

Reactions: tigerrh
I don’t remember exactly what Paul said. I agree with you. He doesn’t just flat out lie. But if he knows something and it isn’t supposed to be discussed then he’s not going to tell us. That’s all I’m saying. Look at how hard we were recruiting him and then all of a sudden everything changed. Something happened. That’s my opinion.
If I remember correctly the rumor was that we had either seen him or contacted him during the dead period and it had been reported and as because of it we weren't allowed to have any contact with him again until August. Paul was asked directly about that rumor and said it wasn't true.

@Paul Strelow do you care to chime in as to anything at all that may have happened regarding Burch and whether there is anything keeping coaches from seeing him? Any reason he hasn't
been back to Clemson in several months and where does his recruitment stand currently as it pertains to Clemson?

At this moment in time, nothing really supports Clemson having any momentum in this recruitment. No news out of his camp, multiple visits to UofSC and UGA, but zero to Clemson. If momma is truly driving this bus our chances seem unlikely.
The only argument that makes any sense to me right now is, if he was going to UofSC why wouldn't he already be committed? That is the only reason I am still holding out some hope.

If all of this is a smoke screen, then this is the best smoke screen in the history of smoke screens.

Reactions: TigerOnTheRidge
You could’ve applied the same argument to Clowney almost. He doesn’t live in their backyard but Rock Hill has long been a pipeline to that school, and it was pretty obvious to everyone that he was going to go to UofSC. Yet he committed late.
True...

But timelines have changed since then when it comes to recruiting. Almost everyone commits earlier & if he was truly a Cock lock, don’t you think they would wanna have him onboard ASAP to help their recruiting efforts for other kids...

True...

But timelines have changed since then when it comes to recruiting. Almost everyone commits earlier & if he was truly a Cock lock, don’t you think they would wanna have him onboard ASAP to help their recruiting efforts for other kids...
I don’t presume to know what’s going through the kid’s mind. You may very well end up being right, but he also could just be wanting to build up drama like many recruits do. Or he is just simply torn right now, and that doesn’t mean either school has a better chance now or in the long run. I would not be surprised if he is waiting at least in part to see how South Carolina’s team looks this season and what kind of progress, if any, they seem to be making.

Reactions: Earle36
Like so many people above have said... the longer this plays out, the better for Clemson it is...

The kid lives in Columbia and his friends are USCjr fans. Can you imagine the crap he is going to take EVERY DAY if he commits to Clemson (or anywhere else... but ESPECIALLY Clemson.

Let him play out the season, commit to Clemson in December and enroll in January.

He's going to be visiting for some serious losing football at USCjr.

If I remember correctly the rumor was that we had either seen him or contacted him during the dead period and it had been reported and as because of it we weren't allowed to have any contact with him again until August. Paul was asked directly about that rumor and said it wasn't true.

@Paul Strelow do you care to chime in as to anything at all that may have happened regarding Burch and whether there is anything keeping coaches from seeing him? Any reason he hasn't
been back to Clemson in several months and where does his recruitment stand currently as it pertains to Clemson?

There's nothing to gain for @Paul Strelow to say anything.. If he says Clemson can't see Burch because of X violation, then some idiot is going to run to Tigernet or tell his gamecock buddies and it's going to get out.. Or some reporter will see it and call the Burch's and just piss off Mama Burch and it's not going to help our cause since they wanna keep everything on the DL.

Paul has said that clearly USCjr has some momentum, but he's hearing things that makes Clemson somewhat feel they are still in this. Paul usually never hides info with us, unless we don't ask.. and this isn't one of those situations. He knows whatever he says will be spread across the state because people can't keep stuff here. When he's able to say something he will...

He doesn’t appear to be torn between SC and anyone else. Vists SC every few weeks and lots of other factors are pointing to SC. Until he shows up to Clemson again, he’s not torn.
So why not commit to SC then?

There are a couple of thing here that don’t make sense. First of all, if he’s a done deal to U of SC, why not commit and help recruit others there. There is no advantage to waiting. The second thing that makes no sense to me is why UGA? He’s not a fit for what they do on D. He’s a 4-3 edge rusher. UGA doesn’t use that in their defense. But recruiting usually defies logic.

This seems like too strategic a way of thinking about commitments. Maybe some guys think that way, but the more natural way of thinking about waiting to make a commitment is that you want to make sure you've seen all your options and that you don't make a hasty decision. With 6 and 8 months to go until the signing days, I'd lean towards "what's the rush?" my than "why wait?"

Clemson has maintained contact with Burch.

Beyond that, no sir, nothing to add.

You're dropping a lot of cryptic hints. Are you saying Burch is a Clemson lock?

No but I’m saying he isn’t a SC lock at this point unless something happened over the last week or so to make that happen

There are a couple of thing here that don’t make sense. First of all, if he’s a done deal to U of SC, why not commit and help recruit others there. There is no advantage to waiting. The second thing that makes no sense to me is why UGA? He’s not a fit for what they do on D. He’s a 4-3 edge rusher. UGA doesn’t use that in their defense. But recruiting usually defies logic.
Then again, Trevor Lawrence was thought to be a drop back pro style of offense QB. Sounds like UGA or Bama. Yet he goes to a spread offense. We told him we would tweak it, too accentuate the passing game. It’s worked out good for us and him.

Then again, Trevor Lawrence was thought to be a drop back pro style of offense QB. Sounds like UGA or Bama. Yet he goes to a spread offense. We told him we would tweak it, too accentuate the passing game. It’s worked out good for us and him.

Trevor was never looked at as a drop back pro style. He is a Pass first guy but he fit the system Tony Elliott wants to run perfectly. A Pass first guy who can also beat you with his legs.

Kirby is not changing his system to match Burch’s skill set just like his offense was never going to adapt to Fields at QB

Reactions: marshmk
Paul says Clemson has maintained contact. Maintaining contact is a lot different than being able to visit him or have him on campus. You guys need to read between the lines here. To me this is a good thing and explains a lot. Get past this little timeout we’ve been put in and then get back to work with him. Like many on here have said, the longer this plays out the better for us.

Trevor was never looked at as a drop back pro style. He is a Pass first guy but he fit the system Tony Elliott wants to run perfectly. A Pass first guy who can also beat you with his legs.

Kirby is not changing his system to match Burch’s skill set just like his offense was never going to adapt to Fields at QB
I disagree.

I’ve heard Kimrey is not showing integrity. Hopefully it will come back and bite him.

Reactions: TMcGrady1
Erik Kimrey can still threaten him and Burch be mindful of it? I’m not too good with the vocab
Threaten him with what? Playing time? Not gonna give him an A in PE?.

Give him time. The longer it goes the better for us.

Paul says Clemson has maintained contact. Maintaining contact is a lot different than being able to visit him or have him on campus. You guys need to read between the lines here. To me this is a good thing and explains a lot. Get past this little timeout we’ve been put in and then get back to work with him. Like many on here have said, the longer this plays out the better for us.
I didn't believe this at first, but you may be right. It makes sense why he hasn't visited. We'll see. But the longer it goes, the better for Clemson

Think I saw Dabo at Burch’s school last week...
r552388_935x526_16-9.jpg
I read somewhere that last week was the 20 year anniversary of that incident. Still one of the funniest sports moments I’ve witnessed. Even as a Braves I always like Bobby V

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT