ADVERTISEMENT

Charleston Police writing tickets for not wearing masks even on the street

For the last time, they weren’t riots. They were mostly peaceful protest.

Totally agree. Its gone beyond crazy now about it. Its not the end all, be all. Too many have gone overboard.

My Bro in law is a pancreatic cancer survivor, one of the very few and battled it for over 6 yrs now. Had over half of Pancreas removed, been on Chemo for the entirety. Just about living a normal life thru it all, working, enjoying life and had it under control.

Yep, you guessed it. Covid shut all of his treatments down for over a month and half. Well, its grown rapidly now to his lungs and liver. Back on the treatments now but is behind the gun now.

Proof enough for me shutting down and stopping our daily lives was the wrong thing to do.
As a cancer patient myself I can tell you, cancer patients have priority over COVID patients at hospitals. I didn't miss a single treatment.

Reactions: jakefest
It's so entertaining to see all those who thumped their chests so hard screaming "follow the science" back in April are the ones who ignore everything science has said about preventing COVID since then. I guess the tags on most masks that say, "not for medical purposes" doesn't mean anything either.

Wearing a mask outdoors to prevent the spread of COVID (with the exception of at crowded events - like a BLM riot) is like wearing a condom when masterbating to prevent pregnancy.

• Haha
Reactions: Jwilliamsiii
I think public health is doing is own job of undermining itself, and I say that as a recovering CDC worker. They have so many different public health voices out there that you really can't follow the guidance. Not to mention that each of these voices have a camera or twitter account to pose themselves as "experts." Furthermore there really hasn't been any testing of these hypothesis masquerading as policy. Messaging from public health has been like arguing with a woman with split personalities while on PMS.

But I also don't think it is "whataboutism" to point out that opposite extreme from the extreme Trump supporter is just as dangerous. What we have now is a virtual rebellion of the complete overreach and lack of common sense that places like NY and Cali and others have put on their people. They are fed up and there is essentially pent up demand for human contact. People will put up with those draconian measures for a finite amount of time with measurable milestones. But to keep changing the time and milestones (Fauci..we might need these measures into 2022) means people quit listening and believing.

And I don't think it is wrong to point out the "science" is really "politics" in this pandemic. You can look at just in the vaccination policies. The scientists say we need 2 shots within a very specific timeframe to have effectiveness. The manufacturers can predict the amount of supply they have at a given time and have recommended that states reserve a dose for every first dose that someone receives to make sure that manufacturing and shipping delays do not reduce the effectiveness of the first treatment. What does "Mr Science" President-elect do even before he's in office....recommend giving out all doses and not reserving any. Why? Because it looks like not enough vaccines have been distributed from a political perspective. Its the equivalent of painting your house when they are calling for rain.
I don't disagree with any of this, although it's hard to hold the people with actual authority at fault for all the random people on the internet claiming to be experts. Consistent messaging has certainly been a big problem. I'm not sure your last paragraph is entirely right, either, but I need to read up more on why we think it's OK to release all of the doses now instead of holding back the second doses. I know the Trump administration decided to release all of them. I should've paid more attention on the CDC call I was on this afternoon, basically, because I know they talked about that a little bit.

Here's what Azar said: "Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar announced the plan on ABC’s “Good Morning America” on Tuesday. “We now believe that our manufacturing is predictable enough that we can ensure second doses are available to people from ongoing production. So everything is now available to our states and our health-care providers,” he said. "

One thing they did say on the call today was that the 20 million doses administered by the end of the year thing was totally unreasonable.

I've come to the conclusion that people who make statements like yours are even more unintelligent than the people they are calling unintelligent. If you're so worried about catching a virus, stay your ass at home.

There's nothing more annoying than a bunch of people whining about other people not wearing a thin ass piece of cloth on their faces while they themselves are out running around in public telling everybody what to do.

If you dont like the fact that people don't wear masks, then keep your ass at home. You won't know what everybody else is doing if you keep your ass at home.

Now how do you like being told what to do by a complete stranger?

Yep, you're obviously either unintelligent or a complete asshat.

For the record, writing tickets for people who aren't wearing masks outdoors is beyond ridiculous. No one should have to wear a mask outdoors. We are using common sense here. As @bucknell95 said earlier ITT, masks do hinder the transmission of the virus, even paper ones. No, of course they are not 100% effective, but even at 10% that's saving lives and helping keep others from getting sick.

I'm not worried about getting the virus....most likely I would barely feel it, but I recognize that others might not be so lucky so I wear a mask in public indoor places. Honestly I can't understand how you don't see it as your civic duty to wear a mask indoors in public places. The "I don't appreciate other people telling me what to do" crowd sounds completely idiotic.

I agree acwill07 for the most part. I will wear a mask to protect others but I had covid a few weeks ago However, I'm not going to put on a mask in the coming months. At some point, enough is enough

I agree acwill07 for the most part. I will wear a mask to protect others but I had covid a few weeks ago However, I'm not going to put on a mask in the coming months. At some point, enough is enough

You’ve already had Covid so I don’t blame you for not wearing a mask.....see we are using common sense. A lot of folks can’t relate to that when it comes to Covid.

Well I would've started by having a reputable doctor/epidemiologist give the daily updates/information to the country. Trump screwed everything up when he continually went up in front of cameras and lied, contradicted himself, spread disinformation, etc.
I don’t think it really would have changed anything.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT