ADVERTISEMENT

Clay Travis gets it!

I don’t really care what Lebron or clay travis says. If you really think that you can compare nfl players to stavery then you are very misconceived about what slavery really was. @johnhugh it seems like you might need a history lesson here. I don’t care about liberal vs conservative or anything that trump has to say. I know what slaves lived like and I know what nfl players live like. This comparison is heinous

What does his house have to do with anything. I’m sure he make more than enough off his basketball salary to buy that
How many slaves lived in a house like that?

If there was someone in my history who had been a slave or indentured servant, I’ll be highly offended by his remarks. I don’t think any owner can sell his children or his wife!

Or if I was Jewish, And people using the term Nazi would piss me off.

I don’t really care what Lebron or clay travis says. If you really think that you can compare nfl players to stavery then you are very misconceived about what slavery really was. @johnhugh it seems like you might need a history lesson here. I don’t care about liberal vs conservative or anything that trump has to say. I know what slaves lived like and I know what nfl players live like. This comparison is heinous
The comparison is heinous but the message is not

How many slaves lived in a house like that?

If there was someone in my history who had been a slave or indentured servant, I’ll be highly offended by his remarks. I don’t think any owner can sell his children or his wife!

Or if I was Jewish, And people using the term Nazi would piss me off.
Ok, so your Not Black & your Not Jewish! So help Us Black & Jewish Folks with something that You can identify with, for Historicial Reasons.
Also, as a Black Man, Raised In Jim Crow South & Retired Military; I understand 100% what Mr. James is saying. Signed! Not Even Offended or Speaking for All Black Folks!

Reactions: XCUDB
I always sit back in astonishment when I see the reaction of the white males on this board. Particularly when someone of another race talks about racism, slavery, unarmed deaths, etc. You become extremely defensive, dismissive, and angry. A hit dog will holler. For the record I disagree with Mr. James' comment. College athletics are closer to slavery then the professionals.

XCUDB

The kneeling thing was never a written issue. The anthem was never a spectacle until the players decided to use their social platform to protest a great and depressing social injustice that occurs regularly in this country. Of course it was all catalyzed by our divisive president.
You're right, nobody really paid much attention to the kneeling until CK wore pig socks and a Castro t-shirt. At that point, he alienated over half the population who will probably never listen to the message CK is trying to further which is a very worthy cause. The way Trump used this was ridiculous IMO but the NFL doesn't promise a platform. They give a contractual agreement for these guys to make millions (most) and play a dangerous game for a living until they cant and then they will cut them loose like a stinking bag of garbage. Its absent very much loyalty whatsoever in most cases except the rare occasion where a lifelong member of one team is moving on but to even hint that it remotely resembles slavery isnt just a slap in the face to anyone who knows anything about how slaves were treated, its a kick in the cods. To even throw that term out there shows little to no respect for people who suffered tremendously by comparing them to people who arguably dont get treated exactly right by their employer. Its not just dumb and ignorant, it's absolutely ridiculous.

Last edited:
Ok, so your Not Black & your Not Jewish! So help Us Black & Jewish Folks with something that You can identify with, for Historicial Reasons.
Also, as a Black Man, Raised In Jim Crow South & Retired Military; I understand 100% what Mr. James is saying. Signed! Not Even Offended or Speaking for All Black Folks!
I think to compare your situation today with anything as horrible as slavery or the Holocaust is a bad comparison. That’s the point I was trying to make. And 6 million Jews were killed by the Nazis, what is going on today in America that can be compared to that?

I have two clients who are the grandchildren of indentured servant’s. Maybe LeBron would like to ask about their life growing up

Regardless of what you think about LeBron's comments, I do think it would be fair to question him about the conditions of the workers who make his shoes for Nike. Maybe he isn't aware and he could make a positive change for those people. Maybe he just doesn't give a shvt because he wants to maximize his personal monetary gain

I don't think it would be fair to question most athletes on this but when someone shows such interest in social policies and the well-being of others, I think it becomes a reasonable question

I think to compare your situation today with anything as horrible as slavery or the Holocaust is a bad comparison. That’s the point I was trying to make. And 6 million Jews were killed by the Nazis, what is going on today in America that can be compared to that?

I have two clients who are the grandchildren of indentured servant’s. Maybe LeBron would like to ask about their life growing up
Respects to your clients! I knew my grand & great grand parents born into slavery, grew up in Jim Crow South & Again, I am not offended & understand the comments. Also, did not think he was or is comparing the two!

Clay Travis is a moron. I think comparing millionaires to slaves is a bit ridiculous, mostly because the NFL didnt do anything any other business wouldnt have done. They were protecting their profits. The fact that only white guys are owners is a weird thing to get hung up. Have the NFL owners blocked a black man from buying a franchise? That part confuses me

Reactions: Smiling_Tiger
Respects to your clients! I knew my grand & great grand parents born into slavery, grew up in Jim Crow South & Again, I am not offended & understand the comments. Also, did not think he was or is comparing the two!
Thanks , I wish that we wouldn’t go so far with our comments. I think the more we incorrectly use slavery and the holocaust or Nazis as examples, it lessens the horrible nature of what happened in our past.

When I look at my granddaughter and grandson and think that they could’ve been ripped from my arms and sold, Is the most horrible thought I can imagine.

Or worse, being marched into a gas chamber.

Humans have done some amazingly horrible things to each other.

Sadly, we still do

Last edited:
The kneeling thing was never a written issue. The anthem was never a spectacle until the players decided to use their social platform to protest a great and depressing social injustice that occurs regularly in this country. Of course it was all catalyzed by our divisive president.

Liberal whiner. Now it makes sense.

Lebron is the ONLY american sports figure that is bigger than his team and possibly the League. MLB and NFL have no one who gets whatever they want.

You think any NFL team could cut someone and really lose fans? Brady may be the closest, but he cant make the same demands that Lebron makes.

There may be a few fans of certain players, but ultimately fans root for the name on the front.

You're a fvcking moron if you think that.
Agree you should t compare them. But his statement is accurate. College players work for free outside of getting an education. While making institutions millions of dollars. Do I want to compare athletes to slaves, no. However, college athletes are more of slaves than professional athletes. So he’s not a moron. And perhaps you can have a civil discussion without resorting to name calling. As I have just tried to do with you

Agree you should t compare them. But his statement is accurate. College players work for free outside of getting an education. While making institutions millions of dollars. Do I want to compare athletes to slaves, no. However, college athletes are more of slaves than professional athletes. So he’s not a moron. And perhaps you can have a civil discussion without resorting to name calling. As I have just tried to do with you
College players get more than an education. They get free housing, food, clothes, health care, tutors and so much more. They will leave college debt free and have a foot in the door with most employers in that area upon graduating. No they are being treated just fine. They chose to sign on the dotted line. To equate college athletes to slavery is absurd and respect to someone that makes such a claim will not be given by me.

Reactions: bizlat
College players get more than an education. They get free housing, food, clothes, health care, tutors and so much more. They will leave college debt free and have a foot in the door with most employers in that area upon graduating. No they are being treated just fine. They chose to sign on the dotted line. To equate college athletes to slavery is absurd and respect to someone that makes such a claim will not be given by me.
To each his own, you wanna keep name calling then go ahead. You could have rebutted him using the statements you just did. That would have been great.

The original statement was that college athletes are more so than professional athletes. Which is still accurate. I’m fully aware of the perks of a college athlete. I was one.

Your argument would make sense if we are discussing a low revenue sport where the monetary commitment to the student athletes outweighs the money made by the university. For example women’s rowing.

That sounds racist, of course everything these days do in the life and mind of a liberal!
It’s not. He just takes on topics that zero other white males will. Racism is a slippery topic that most white people aren’t allowed to discuss and if they do, they must go far left on their takes. He brings it and has plenty of evidence to back up his takes.

Reactions: CU12341234
Why not make all shoes in the USA?? The answer is global capitalism.

Is Travis an activist/protectionist (bc only extreme liberals hate sweatshops in modern politics) or a capitalist?

Guy is trying too hard.

Reactions: tigertowne
Lebron comparing the NFL owners to slave drivers is how the NFL cracked down on kneeling. It’s sad to see that the player’s free speech is infringed upon in the name of a dollar. If the players decided to not suit up how much money would the NFL make?

Where in corporate America are you aloud to say what ever you want especially when it may alienate half of your customer base with out getting fired? Again- you’re a goober

Reactions: BHSRebels89
Lebron comparing the NFL owners to slave drivers is how the NFL cracked down on kneeling. It’s sad to see that the player’s free speech is infringed upon in the name of a dollar. If the players decided to not suit up how much money would the NFL make?
Good point, but if the players who want to kneel didn’t dress out, the NFL would be just fine. Doing what you’re asked on company time while being allowed to do whatever you want outside of that is not infringing on free speech. That, sir, is just plain old America. Nothing wrong with it.

Reactions: BHSRebels89
I always sit back in astonishment when I see the reaction of the white males on this board. Particularly when someone of another race talks about racism, slavery, unarmed deaths, etc. You become extremely defensive, dismissive, and angry. A hit dog will holler. For the record I disagree with Mr. James' comment. College athletics are closer to slavery then the professionals.

XCUDB

I sit back in astonishment every time a black male in this day and age even brings up slavery. You have no more relation to slavery than I do. Yet it’s brought up like it was 1985. Give me a damn break.

Reactions: CU12341234
Why not make all shoes in the USA?? The answer is global capitalism.

Is Travis an activist/protectionist (bc only extreme liberals hate sweatshops in modern politics) or a capitalist?

Guy is trying too hard.
He did not say he was against it. He simply said if LeBron was really wanting to show support over slavery type treatment the Nike sweatshops would be a good starting point. Imagine if LeBron took that stand and Nike was forced to reverse course. Now the shoes would cost over $500 a pair but those sweatshops would be shutdown and Nike would no longer be able to cut that HUGE check to LeBron

To each his own, you wanna keep name calling then go ahead. You could have rebutted him using the statements you just did. That would have been great.

The original statement was that college athletes are more so than professional athletes. Which is still accurate. I’m fully aware of the perks of a college athlete. I was one.

Your argument would make sense if we are discussing a low revenue sport where the monetary commitment to the student athletes outweighs the money made by the university. For example women’s rowing.
I work for a multi-billion dollar company and get paid well but not on par with the top dogs. Should I be outraged like I'm a slave too?

I sit back in astonishment every time a black male in this day and age even brings up slavery. You have no more relation to slavery than I do. Yet it’s brought up like it was 1985. Give me a damn break.
Victim mentality at its finest.

I work for a multi-billion dollar company and get paid well but not on par with the top dogs. Should I be outraged like I'm a slave too?
I’m not really sure what your point is here

I’m not really sure what your point is here
Sweet Jesus...I make my company profitable and get paid in return. No, I don't consider myself a slave. The college athlete has many perks I could only wish for and in return they make the university profitable. Get it?

ADVERTISEMENT