ADVERTISEMENT

****Clemson COVID update

Whether you swing left or right, I really don't get how anyone can say this is Trump's fault. The guy was criticized for closing travel to China and then Europe back in March, in fact Dems called him racist when he shut travel to China. This guy has taken more abuse than any president in history, some deserved and some pretty unjust in my opinion. I have no idea why he would want to be president again at this point. Not to turn this into a political debate but I'll remind people that Trump has been in politics for about 3.7 years.......Biden, Pelosi, etc have been around for 30 + years so think about that when you point fingers over policies and issues.

The original advice he (Trump) received from the CDC and Fauci was that it wasn't going to reach the US. The reality is that it was here back in 2019 and no one had any idea, so how do you blame someone for their decision making when they didn't have crystal clear data when deciding to either cripple the economy or press forward like Sweden? That's an insanely hard decision given how many people die from poverty related causes every year.

If you've listened to the WHO, the CDC and any statistical scientist, they've all changed predictions, tactics, preventative advice, etc. It's a revolving door of conflicting data. The entire point of going into shelter in place was to flatten the curve, not wait for a cure. Also, if you speak to any doctors on the ground who are treating patients, they are telling anyone who will listen that patients aren't coming in "as sick" at this stage. The question is, who do you trust; the scientist doing desk research based on dicey data (health care doesn't have a common data model or central data base) or the person seeing hundreds of patients on the ground?

The point Trump is trying to make on getting back to normal is that the economy can't sustain the lack of organic income from all of the closures for too much longer before we land in a depression so deep many of us won't be around to see the country pull out of it. At some point, the government can't put any more "fake money" capital injections into the economy and we will bottom out.

Last point I'll make.....if the government is telling the entire country that protesting, rioting, etc is ok for large droves of people with zero restrictions then I don't get how you can continue telling everyone else that going to a rally, a sporting event, a mall etc isn't allowed. That's contradicting and pointless.

weird how when this started they called him a racist, then said he was too slow to react.

these politicians are so bad its not funny. no apologies, just lies, then moves on to another topic or narrative.

their behavior is way worse than trumps in my mind. why? their motives are selfish.

Reactions: nashvegastiger
Hey Larry. Do you have any insight on why such a large percentage of the cases are on the football team? I know there are more football players on campus currently as a percentage of athletes, but it seems the ratio of cases involving football players is much higher than ratio of football to non-football on campus.

When a large number of people are around each other regularly, it can spread rapidly.

yes. let's speculate wildly, and then blame the liberals.
How is this even a legitimate response? The fact of the matter it should be a story - not to blame liberals - but to show what happened. I’m sure if it were a Trump event you would be all over it. Asking questions isn’t speculating. It’s getting information.

Reactions: Extender
Interesting Nugget from State article

ARE ALL CASES ACCOUNTED FOR?

Mostly likely not. That’s because state health officials suspect that many COVID-19 infections go undiagnosed or untested.

As of Friday, the believed that about 161,500 people likely had the virus in South Carolina since March.

Read more here: https://www.thestate.com/news/coronavirus/article243658127.html#storylink=cpy

There’s no doubt about this. There were somewhere around 1000 cases yesterday. I guarantee you there are way more than that that actually have it. And that is every day.

Reactions: nashvegastiger
Meeting me at a Wachovia would not bode well for you, but that response from you shows you’re too caught up in this, so I digress.

Still a lot of unknowns with this virus. “Experts” who does this for a living has changed their opinions over a 3-4 month window, so just bc you’ve read up on it and posts the stats that supports your obvious stance, it doesn’t make you right.

I’m not going to use the ignore function, but you’re becoming that poster you probably used to shake your head at in the past. We understand your opinion. You can say it a million different ways, but you’re saying the same thing.
i.e. his shit is getting old as fvck!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT