****Clemson COVID update

Larry_Williams

Senior Writer - Tigerillustrated.com
Staff
Oct 28, 2008
Basement
From Clemson's AD:

Clemson Athletics COVID-19 Update

Thus far in the month of June, Clemson Athletics student-athletes and staff have completed 315 tests for COVID-19 with a total of 28 positive results.

Clemson has notified and isolated each of those individuals who tested positive for a period of at least 10 days. Close known contacts have also been asked to self-quarantine for at least 14 days. Most of the total cases have been asymptomatic, and none have required hospitalization. As community transmission continues throughout the area, it is advised that individuals monitor for symptoms.

As the State of South Carolina and the Upstate continue to experience community transmission of COVID-19, individuals are advised to continue to practice non-pharmaceutical interventions, including face coverings and social distancing.

More information about steps individuals should take if they test positive or have known exposure is available on the University’s website at www.clemson.edu/coronavirus, and detailed instructions on notification procedures will continue to be updated on that site.

FROM THE TIGER FAN SHOP: Click HERE to check out all of our inventory, plus early summer DEALS on officially-licensed CLEMSON apparel!
g2qchpssqpgluzgnioze

Just for context, last week they itemized the total tests/total positive by sports (FB, MBB, WBB) and staffers.

Now they're doing the more general "student-athletes and staffers."

Here were last week's numbers:

Staff working directly with student-athletes: Total tested: 41; Positive: 0

Football: Total tested: 104; Positive: 2

Men’s Basketball: Total tested: 12; Positive: 1

Women’s Basketball: Total tested: 12; Positive: 0

Cumulative: Tested: 169; Positive: 3

Reactions: cyclotiger
I'm currently a student in Clemson that just tested positive (I am completely fine). The majority of students I know that are in town just tested positive or are waiting for their results, and are assuming it is positive. The rest are getting tested in the coming days.

I expect this number will be significantly higher than 28 soon.

We need another few protests or get them all to NewSpring service ASAP before Fall Camp starts, otherwise players will get all throughout the season. Can't risk Trevor being out by the start of conference games.

It's a tough ask, but best is the standard and it must be done.

Good God. Are we really doing this? Asymptomatic and zero hospitalizations. As this virus mutates it is clearly getting weaker and weaker. This is turning into not much more than a common cold. FFS this is so out of hand.

At what point do leaders stand up and say “we have clearly noticed a weakening in the virus and no longer need to be testing and restricting events do to asymptomatic positives.”

What frustrates me the most is the major lag between scientific data and rational decisions being made that affect all of us.

Well at least we get to play the Dawgs in our next game
I predict TL will be our starter in Charlotte against UGA if this season gets cancelled. A mutual very close friend of ours has told me TL’s chances of returning in this scenario are 50/50. Trevor has stated multiple times how he won’t rule out playing 4 years at Clemson and this would only be his third. Plus he loves Clemson and won’t want to go out like he did against LSU. Will also get a massive insurance policy.

Last edited:
For everyone screaming herd immunity, has it been proven yet that you are immune to this once you have had it once? I haven't seen anything that says they've proven that yet.

they also haven’t proven that people who develop antibodies once, can get the virus again (and get sick)

works both ways.

but history shows that other novel viruses acted in a way where once exposed, the person was good

herd immunity concept is basically going off history of similar virus

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT