ADVERTISEMENT

CNN moving toward the center?

In any sit-down interview, there is a discussion before and during the interview regarding the content of the questions. In high-stakes interviews that are likely to be adversarial, there is an ongoing discussion about what questions are appropriate or not. in many cases, folks are told exactly which questions will be asked, and in many cases, politicians won't sit down for interviews like this without those questions being vetted.

of course, the nuance here is that there are different types of interviews. some are planned and vetted, some are not.

its not common, but debate questions are even shared in advance in some circumstances. general topics, of course, are always shared in advance in the case of a debate.

(this, at least, is how this would be handled in the government/political world at the local, state, and federal levels)

Last edited:
In any sit-down interview, there is a discussion before and during the interview regarding the content of the questions. In high-stakes interviews that are likely to be adversarial, there is an ongoing discussion about what questions are appropriate or not. in many cases, folks are told exactly which questions will be asked, and in many cases, politicians won't sit down for interviews like this without those questions being vetted.

of course, the nuance here is that there are different types of interviews. some are planned and vetted, some are not.

its not common, but debate questions are even shared in advance in some circumstances. general topics, of course, are always shared in advance in the case of a debate.

(this, at least, is how this would be handled in the government/political world at the local, state, and federal levels)

How common is it to share the questions with one side and not the other? Asking for the DNC and HRC

That's why I'm shocked he's doing this. I can't imagine CNN would only give him softball questions and an audience of Trump supporters. I know that Kaitlin Collins is the host, and she's not a hard lefty, so we'll see what happens but her credibility is on the line and she knows it. It still sickens me that they're giving him another platform to spew his lies.
It's unconscionable to be treating the man like a regular presidential candidate. He incited an insurrection and got people killed with his false claims about election fraud. Giving him a town hall to air his grievances is unforgivable imo.

iu

Does he ever get asked about his crimes on other networks? He'll no they don't, they intentionally only give him softball questions and never follow-up on the lies he tells.
To trump supporters, any questions of his agenda is only considered as left wing extremism. Tell them a red light is red and they will argue it is green.

Reactions: dpic73
I don’t think many people are arguing that after this week… But lol at the ones who said he was “sharp” a week ago.
I believe most have said both are too old. Trump is just a fast talking liar. Biden missed a lot of good responses. For instance that Joe never fires anyone. Maybe he trusts the people he appoints to express their views. If you don't just agree with Trump (again - see Russia) you get fired. That is autocracy and a dictator. Elect Trump and you destroy any democracy we still have. That will never be my choice. My only care is for the world my children and grand children will live in.

To trump supporters, any questions of his agenda is only considered as left wing extremism. Tell them a red light is red and they will argue it is green.

How much are the Chinese and Russians along with the Democratic Party paying you to troll

I believe most have said both are too old. Trump is just a fast talking liar. Biden missed a lot of good responses. For instance that Joe never fires anyone. Maybe he trusts the people he appoints to express their views. If you don't just agree with Trump (again - see Russia) you get fired. That is autocracy and a dictator. Elect Trump and you destroy any democracy we still have. That will never be my choice. My only care is for the world my children and grand children will live in.
Wow that would of been a zinger......NOT!!! LOL!!!

I’m not in the “destroy democracy” camp, but I’ve also seen enough that I won’t vote for him. But there’s zero chance I’ll vote for Biden either. So it’ll be a write in or just skip the box. Zero, absolutely zero, good options. So sad.

Reactions: CUT93
@dpic73
@yoshi121374
@nytigerfan

All were on the Joe Scarborough train up until the debate.

So @scotchtiger, you still not going to vote for Trump and possibly allow a demented man into office? Seems un-American to me.

I forgot to mention in the 100+ other threads you have tagged me in …

I think Biden should drop out, but he is still going beat Trump if he stays in.

I would offer a bet, but…

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT