ADVERTISEMENT

Covid vaccine tomorrow!!

Reactions: ChicagoTiger85
Point taken. Proof will be difficult for sure. There are nations that will soon institute a vaccine "passport" but I don't see that flying in the US.

I'm sure there will be private institutions that institute requirements such as medical reports with titers (similar to what Clemson and other universities/jobs require). There is a CDC authored card that everyone gets when they are vaccinated, which may be a good starting point.

My company has already gone on record saying they will not force employees to be vaccinated. I hope others follow suit. We need to preserve personal freedoms, a founding principal of the country.

That article is ridiculous. There is no difference in the first dose or second dose of the Moderna or Pfizer vaccine. Both doses are exactly the same thing of each vaccine.
I don’t feel that any information is ridiculous whether you agree or not, someone took the time to write an article to inform the public.

if the vaccine was identical they would not need 2 doses by the way.

all we can do is share information and to each their own

My company has already gone on record saying they will not force employees to be vaccinated. I hope others follow suit. We need to preserve personal freedoms, a founding principal of the country.
Did you attend Clemson or have children that attended Clemson? If so what were your feelings on the forced vaccinations for attendance? Did it violate personal freedoms?
I remember having to get shots to go to camps growing up, and of course before I enrolled at Clemson as mentioned. I don’t recall any sort of dialogue about personal freedoms in those days.

Reactions: dpic73
Did you attend Clemson or have children that attended Clemson? If so what were your feelings on the forced vaccinations for attendance? Did it violate personal freedoms?
I remember having to get shots to go to camps growing up, and of course before I enrolled at Clemson as mentioned. I don’t recall any sort of dialogue about personal freedoms in those days.

Yes attended Clemson and had to do those mandatory vaccinations to live in the dorms. It may appear similar on the surface but I think this situation has some nuance that should be considered. I'm not anti-vax. I have a strong immune system, do not fear COVID, and do not feel I need to be inoculated with a brand new treatment that was developed, tested, and deployed in 9 months, when the standard is 5-10 years. I'll just wait. I don't want to be forced into it. The TB and meningitis vaccines have been an established norm for years and years with lots of data proving the efficacy and the safety.

From Dr. Zalenko, has dedicated to study of Covid-19

Patients that decide to get the so called "Vaccine" must understand they are enrolling in Genetic Engineering research.

* This is not FDA approved.

* This is experimental.

* Risks or foreseeable hazards in the short and long term are not known.

* Alternative courses of action should be discussed.

* The patient should not be persuaded to enroll.

* There are no benefits to minors.

* Doctors have a code of ethics especially when dealing with Genetic Engineering that should be followed.

* Only the patient is responsible. The manufacturer is not liable.

Why would the government put $1B in the Covid-19 relief Bill to “strengthen Vaccine confidence”? Covid needs a marketing budget? Wow

Reactions: Essolover4
I'm getting mine tomorrow at 4:12 pm at Gillette Stadium in Foxboro. Getting the appointment was a royal pain in the ass.

To all that have or are getting the vaccination I would like to thank you all for having the courage to donating your live tissue to science.

To all that have or are getting the vaccination I would like to thank you all for having the courage to donating your live tissue to science.

As a physician, you’re welcome for both taking the vaccine, and taking care of Covid patients, even those who ignore recommendations to get a vaccine. I sincerely hope you and your family do well despite your ignorance.

What does the Pope have to do with the vaccine? Mutually exclusive issues globally.

If you can’t except our election being rigged you certainly are not ready for the Vatican issues.
You were proven wrong and ran with your tail between your legs. Now you are doing the same with vaccines and election I see.

Tough scene.

Yes attended Clemson and had to do those mandatory vaccinations to live in the dorms. It may appear similar on the surface but I think this situation has some nuance that should be considered. I'm not anti-vax. I have a strong immune system, do not fear COVID, and do not feel I need to be inoculated with a brand new treatment that was developed, tested, and deployed in 9 months, when the standard is 5-10 years. I'll just wait. I don't want to be forced into it. The TB and meningitis vaccines have been an established norm for years and years with lots of data proving the efficacy and the safety.
You’re not going to be forced into it for schools or employment until vaccines get full FDA approval, I don’t think. Maybe some social events will require it for admission. But that doesn’t make thinking the vaccines are dangerous any less of a tenuous stance.

The whole immune system and not fearing COVID stuff is beside the point, since we know you’re at far higher risk from COVID than you are from adverse events due to the vaccine, and since the society has already chosen to take harsh public health measures against the virus. Maybe you’ll get lucky and be one of the 20-30% of people who doesn’t have to get vaccinated for us to end this pandemic, and a smaller subset that doesn’t get sick from this virus, while the rest of us contribute to an immune population.

You’re not going to be forced into it for schools or employment until vaccines get full FDA approval, I don’t think. Maybe some social events will require it for admission. But that doesn’t make thinking the vaccines are dangerous any less of a tenuous stance.

The whole immune system and not fearing COVID stuff is beside the point, since we know you’re at far higher risk from COVID than you are from adverse events due to the vaccine, and since the society has already chosen to take harsh public health measures against the virus. Maybe you’ll get lucky and be one of the 20-30% of people who doesn’t have to get vaccinated for us to end this pandemic, and a smaller subset that doesn’t get sick from this virus, while the rest of us contribute to an immune population.

I'd be fine with this outcome.

How can you make dogmatic statements like this? You appear to be all knowing. This treatment/vaccine has only been on the scene a few months and was developed at warp speed. The technology itself is relatively new (been around about a decade?) and was never successful in trials with humans in the past. How do you know what the ramifications will be on a human body in 5,10, or 15 years? I’ve read articles written by doctors and scientists that express wayyy more concern than you do. Some doctors are a little concerned it could create autoimmune issues down the road. It could be 100% safe and I hope it is. Your blanket dogmatic statements are just as ridiculous as an anti-vaxxers

How can you make dogmatic statements like this? You appear to be all knowing. This treatment/vaccine has only been on the scene a few months and was developed at warp speed. The technology itself is relatively new (been around about a decade?) and was never successful in trials with humans in the past. How do you know what the ramifications will be on a human body in 5,10, or 15 years? I’ve read articles written by doctors and scientists that express wayyy more concern than you do. Some doctors are a little concerned it could create autoimmune issues down the road. It could be 100% safe and I hope it is. Your blanket dogmatic statements are just as ridiculous as an anti-vaxxers

I'm curious about the concern for autoimmune issues down the road. Mind linking the articles? The proposed interferon response is an acute one, so the "autoimmune" disease-like issues should happen rather quickly after the shot (haven't happened yet).

Also, I think your claim about "never successful in trials with humans in the past" is misleading. You seem to imply that it was tried in humans and didn't work. The reality is, the process has been slower and so far only phase 1 trials have been performed for MRNA vaccines for CMV, Rabies, Influenza, and Zika.

Recall, phase 1 trials ONLY test safety (not efficacy) and every vaccine was well-tolerated and safe (So they successfully passed phase 1). None have progressed to efficacy trials yet. The CMV one is promising. The need for a zika one has pretty much gone away. Rabies will be extremely hard to test because the disease is so rare. After covid is controlled, I strongly suspect the yearly flu shot will be replaced with a more effective mRNA version.

Also, I wonder why you think there will be ramifications of a vaccine 5, 10, or 15 years down the road? There has never been a vaccine with side effects that far in the future, but there have been viruses with those long term effects. The mRNA from the vaccine is broken down and removed from the body rather quickly, so why would their be issues 5 years down the road? Is there a mechanism for it? Is the reason just that its new and we don't know?

If the mRNA vaccines REALLY have a safety issue, we should know rather soon...over 100 million doses have already been administered and they are constantly being studied. The first large scale review of safety will come from Israel. They released their early efficacy results a few days ago- https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(21)00448-7/fulltext.

Here is the most recent review of mRNA vaccine side effects reported in the US (through VAERS and V-safe) by the CDC:

Last edited:
I'm curious about the concern for autoimmune issues down the road. Mind linking the articles? The proposed interferon response is an acute one, so the "autoimmune" disease-like issues should happen rather quickly after the shot (haven't happened yet).

Also, I think your claim about "never successful in trials with humans in the past" is misleading. You seem to imply that it was tried in humans and didn't work. The reality is, the process has been slower and so far only phase 1 trials have been performed for MRNA vaccines for CMV, Rabies, Influenza, and Zika.

Recall, phase 1 trials ONLY test safety (not efficacy) and every vaccine was well-tolerated and safe (So they successfully passed phase 1). None have progressed to efficacy trials yet. The CMV one is promising. The need for a zika one has pretty much gone away. Rabies will be extremely hard to test because the disease is so rare. After covid is controlled, I strongly suspect the yearly flu shot will be replaced with a more effective mRNA version.

Also, I wonder why you think there will be ramifications of a vaccine 5, 10, or 15 years down the road? There has never been a vaccine with side effects that far in the future, but there have been viruses with those long term effects. The mRNA from the vaccine is broken down and removed from the body rather quickly, so why would their be issues 5 years down the road? Is there a mechanism for it? Is the reason just that its new and we don't know?

If the mRNA vaccines REALLY have a safety issue, we should know rather soon...over 100 million doses have already been administered and they are constantly being studied. The first large scale review of safety will come from Israel. They released their early efficacy

thsi Is just one article I found. I’m sure folks will scoff the source and discredit Bosh. But clearly you have to highly educated doctors with different opinions. He is not in a panic but expressed some concerns. There are a ton of other articles and videos out there of doctors expressing similar and different concerns.

thsi Is just one article I found. I’m sure folks will scoff the source and discredit Bosh. But clearly you have to highly educated doctors with different opinions. He is not in a panic but expressed some concerns. There are a ton of other articles and videos out there of doctors expressing similar and different concerns.

Maybe you can find a different article? Because I'm not sure this article really supports your stance. Both physicians were advocates of the vaccine:

Brosh:
"Brosh added that the country and the world should be cautious about any of the vaccine candidates until the final results of their Phase III trials are peer-reviewed and published. But he said that once those studies are published and the vaccines approved, it will be OK to take them."

The article is from November, so it is pretty dated. Since then, Phase III trials have been published and peer reviewed and shown safety. So, in his own words, he says its OK to take them. He admits if there are long term effects after 2 years, we cannot know what they are, but then we would have covid for 2 more years.

Linial:
"BUT MICHAL LINIAL, a professor of biological chemistry at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, told the Post that she believes there is no cause for concern.

Linial explained that “mRNA is a very fragile molecule, meaning it can be destroyed very easily... If you put mRNA on the table, for example, in a minute there will not be any mRNA leftover. This is as opposed to DNA, which is as stable as you get.”

The above stating that there was no cause for concern was in reference to the "unknown" risks of the vaccine. Linial's hesitancy wasn't because of safety, but because he wasn't convinced in the DURABILITY of the vaccine and whether it would actually work. Again, this was published in November and since then the phase III trials have been published and shown that the vaccine does work (further confirmed by the Israli follow up data I posted above).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT