ADVERTISEMENT

Curious who you would vote for...

Manchin, Trump and Biden run for President. Who would you vote for?

• Biden

Votes: 15 21.4%
  • Trump

Votes: 29 41.4%
  • Manchin

Votes: 14 20.0%
  • Undecided

Votes: 12 17.1%

• Total voters
We were in a recession late last year but your boy decided to tweak the definition when we had two consecutive quarters of no GDP growth.

But good for America, I'll allow it

So you believe we are in a recession right now?

Till I'm blue in the face:

Biden beats trump
Biden loses to any other serious republican candidate.
Trump will not win.

You think people won't be excited to vote? You are right. Unless trump is on the ballot. They will vote against trump. And his base continues to dwindle. Look at their posts above. Their devotion and language is indecipherable from parody.
People don’t really like the idea of candidates being decided in smoke-filled rooms by powerful party bigwigs, but honestly I don’t think it’d be a terrible thing to go back to a time where the parties exerted more control over candidate selection.

Certainly feels like it would help with the problem we have right now with the quality of the candidates being selected to run for President.

So you believe we are in a recession right now?
Massive tax revenue gap in comparison to last year, we are 9% off the mark so either labor reports aren't accurate, retail spending isn't accurate or audits aren't right. It's the biggest drop since June of 2020 when the economy was totally shutdown.

Don't know if we are or if we aren't at this point.

This makes no sense but are you suggesting that the DOJ should not be prosecuting Trump's treasonous crimes? He should just walk away scot-free from all the mayhem he has subjected this country to, and be allowed to create worse havoc the next time around, because he faced no accountability?
Your words just proved my point. Worse is happening now under Biden, .......and he IS President.

Massive tax revenue gap in comparison to last year, we are 9% off the mark so either labor reports aren't accurate, retail spending isn't accurate or audits aren't right. It's the biggest drop since June of 2020 when the economy was totally shutdown.

Don't know if we are or if we aren't at this point.

You were positive we were in a recession last year. Now you admit that you are not sure if we still are.

Sounds like an endorsement for the current president, if I have ever heard one. Way to go Joe!

Border apprehensions = down
inflation rate = down
gas prices = down
jobs = way up
us manufacturing jobs = way, way, way, way up
stock market = up

Prognosis = Bidenomics works.

Our recovery has far outpaced the rest of the developed world. We need four more years of Biden; we cannot afford to let trump **** it all up again.
When Trump left, the economy was better than now. Biden screwed over everything he touched until the bottom fell out of the economy. So, don't pretend you can brag over minor improvements to the numbers after he was the primary reason for the fall to begin with. And we're only talking about the economy. We have so many self-caused problems and don't think they are over.

When Trump left, the economy was better than now. Biden screwed over everything he touched until the bottom fell out of the economy. So, don't pretend you can brag over minor improvements to the numbers after he was the primary reason for the fall to begin with. And we're only talking about the economy. We have so many self-caused problems and don't think they are over.

That's just factually inaccurate and ignores the fact that we were in a global pandemic that had lead to shutdowns. Nobody would have had good economic results during 2020-2021+. If looking at it logically and truthfully, the US has recovered much faster than our other global peers, give that credit however you'd like, but let's at least be honest and truthful.

Yeah but they feel like the country is in shambles, facts be damned.
Border apprehensions are down only because we have changed laws to allow what was illegal to now be legal. Our border patrol is still woefully inadequate. Gas prices are not down. They fluctuate but at a continuously high rate. And tell grocery shoppers that prices have declined. Ha.

Reactions: TigerGrowls
Border apprehensions are down only because we have changed laws to allow what was illegal to now be legal. Our border patrol is still woefully inadequate. Gas prices are not down. They fluctuate but at a continuously high rate. And tell grocery shoppers that prices have declined. Ha.

None of this is accurate. Leave your bubble every now and then.

Biden beats trump
Trump will not win.

You think people won't be excited to vote? You are right. Unless trump is on the ballot. They will vote against trump. And his base continues to dwindle. Look at their posts above. Their devotion and language is indecipherable from parody.
Don’t misunderstand… we’d still vote for Trump.

That's just factually inaccurate and ignores the fact that we were in a global pandemic that had lead to shutdowns. Nobody would have had good economic results during 2020-2021+. If looking at it logically and truthfully, the US has recovered much faster than our other global peers, give that credit however you'd like, but let's at least be honest and truthful.
Yes, let's at least do that.

LIBS are just trash people.

No morals, no honor, no soul.

They believe in killing babies in the womb, and a man can be a woman/woman can be a man.

Politics is their religion since they don't believe in a higher power.

They have no remorse, and do not feel guilt for any of their wrong doing. If something achieves their political power, it is worth it.

They believe in killing babies in the womb, and a man can be a woman/woman can be a man.

They have no remorse, and do not feel guilt for any of their wrong doing. If something achieves their political power, it is worth it.

If you remove your third line, you just perfectly described trump.

You've lost your mind. The economy was in the tank, unemployment was near 7% and Covid was at its peak when Joe took over. Selective memory is selective....

You know the sad part is you're talking to probably 95% former Republicans who just aren't the current iteration of Republican. Everyone here that you label a "lib" is just a former republican, or probably current republican or moderate, who doesn't support the MAGA nonsense that is mainstream.

Why don't you check what's happening in the rest of the world before you bash this country. Inflation and gas prices are a hell of a lot better here than almost any other industrialized nation. Even your homeland of Russia has it worse but feel free to pack your bags if you don't appreciate how good you have it here.

Just wow at the crazy. What's sad is you actually believe this.

Sounds like you're still an amoral cretin Hambone. Thought you mighta found Jesus by now.

Reactions: nytigerfan
Of course its accurate! And my "bubble" includes over half our country. The ones who love it.
Your bubble is under 35% Ken....you really need to get out more because small Bible belt towns are far from representative of the population as a whole, but you'd never know that since all your neighbors in Cowpatty SC think the same way because they don't know any better.

Border apprehensions = down
inflation rate = down
gas prices = down
jobs = way up
us manufacturing jobs = way, way, way, way up
stock market = up

Prognosis = Bidenomics works.

Our recovery has far outpaced the rest of the developed world. We need four more years of Biden; we cannot afford to let trump **** it all up again.
That's like giving him credit for putting out a house fire after he poured gasoline on it and lit it on fire.

On one hand we say he has dementia and can't function mentally, while in the same post saying he singlehandedly was able to redefine Recession. Totally logical.
Did we or did we not have 2 quarters of flat or negative GDP or not? That is the technical definition of a recession.

The answer is yes, we had them last year. The question is are we out of the woods yet or not. The 9% tax revenue gap indicates we aren't but there is no point arguing with you folks.

Did we or did we not have 2 quarters of flat or negative GDP or not? That is the technical definition of a recession.

The answer is yes, we had them last year. The question is are we out of the woods yet or not. The 9% tax revenue gap indicates we aren't but there is no point arguing with you folks.

I would agree that we aren't out of the woods, I would also say, we don't really have historical data for this type of recovery post global pandemic.

My post was mainly at the absurdity of the rhetoric about Biden.

The problems, imo, with Manchin is his age at 75, along with him being in the pockets of fossil fuel companies. He made his money in the coal mining business, didn't he? And some of the statements he's recently made at various speaking engagements lead me to believe he's all about himself, not the country. He relishes his position where both parties are begging for his vote. And he votes for whichever throws him a bone on energy that he can benefit from. Not saying that most politicians aren't the same to some degree, but I'm just speaking on this one politician since he's relevant to what may play out in the next election.

Oh I think you are correct. But Biden and Trump are both out of the question for me, so the options would be to throw a vote in for what would become a 3rd party guy (Manchin), write someone in or not vote for president at all. Those are my only options given the choices. And it would take a heck of a lot to somehow get me on board with Manchin.

It's a shame we have such awful candidates, but the dems nominated Biden and the pubs are probably going to nominate Trump. Our brilliant general populace has spoken...

Biden beats trump
Trump will not win.

This this this.

JOBS, JOBS, JOBS, BABY!

trump said he would do it. Biden actually did it.
They will ignore how big a deal this is but we won't! 🚬

Reactions: nytigerfan
Oh I think you are correct. But Biden and Trump are both out of the question for me, so the options would be to throw a vote in for what would become a 3rd party guy (Manchin), write someone in or not vote for president at all. Those are my only options given the choices. And it would take a heck of a lot to somehow get me on board with Manchin.

It's a shame we have such awful candidates, but the dems nominated Biden and the pubs are probably going to nominate Trump. Our brilliant general populace has spoken...
Decades ago, I used to be member of the national and SC llibertarian party. When questioned or accused of "throwing away my vote" on 3rd party candidates, the flippant response was always "I'd rather vote for what I want and not get it, than vote for what I don't want and get it. I don't think we have the luxury to do that now with the repercussions that can come from it. Imo.

Decades ago, I used to be member of the national and SC llibertarian party. When questioned or accused of "throwing away my vote" on 3rd party candidates, the flippant response was always "I'd rather vote for what I want and not get it, than vote for what I don't want and get it. I don't think we have the luxury to do that now with the repercussions that can come from it. Imo.

There are bad repercussions for either of the two leading candidates. I absolutely cannot support either at this point. It’s not like me voting for a libertarian over George W. It’s two abhorrent options.

The global pandemic?? Was created in China. Released accidentally early by China. Who just happened to benefit the most from your global pandemic. Oh and who btw Sleepy Joe jus happens to be getting millions from! Hmmmm

The global pandemic?? Was created in China. Released accidentally early by China. Who just happened to benefit the most from your global pandemic. Oh and who btw Sleepy Joe jus happens to be getting millions from! Hmmmm

See my post above about how the Chinese trade gap is historically low this year. If Biden is being paid by china, he is doing a horrible job of fulfilling his obligations.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT