ADVERTISEMENT

Derion Kendrick arrested

Until people in America get the courage to talk about the proverbial elephant in the room, this "gangsta" culture won't ever get any better.

Nobody wants to talk about it cause they'll be labeled as racist if they're white and a traitor or Uncle Tom if they are black.

We just spent the last year normalizing the criminal culture by letting these thugs (white and black) vandalize property, riot, loot, and attack our law enforcement all across America while these spineless coward Democrat "leaders" refused to put a stop to it.

We are losing America's youth but we're more worried about hurting people's feelings instead of admitting there's a problem and meeting it head on with real solutions. Damn this has become one effed up country.
Yes. You’re exactly right. A great example was the capitol riots. Really showed what America has come to.

So very sad. A world of potential and God given athletic ability that is very likely going to be wasted.

I’m speaking as a former Clemson two sport athlete, NFL Alumni and Federal Agent. I might offend some, but I come to speak the truth.

The young man has no one to blame but himself. Not his Mom, not his HS school coaches, not Clemson University, not the State of South Carolina, not local law enforcement...NO ONE, but himself. As a poster said previously, decisions have consequences. I saw it all too often working the streets of Jacksonville, FL, Miami and Atlanta with local, state and Federal law enforcement.

Folks need to look in the mirror a lot more...and stop blaming everyone else for their problems and bad decisions. DK had it all in his grasp. A springboard to the NFL and the ability to secure financial success for his family for a very long time.

I’ve seen it all too often, and it actually sickens me. The great American tragedy that no one has the real courage to address. Every young man that plays football and baseball for Clemson automatically becomes family to me. And it breaks my heart when a young man with this much ability and promise goes the wrong way.

Wake up America...before it’s too late. I write this out of love for my Clemson brothers, people struggling everywhere and the USA. BillyD

I’m not going to speculate why DK had a gun in his lap, but no matter the reason it’s not good. Prayers for the kid. If football isn’t his success I hope it’s something else. 20 years is too young to not flip your life around.

Meanwhile 1/6/2021 Washington DC Says...?
You can see my previous reply to mskoonce to see what I think about all of them. The take away is when there is roughly 13% of the population committing over 50% of the murders in this country, there are some serious underlying issues and blaming it on whitey is the easy button.

The fact is LBJ decimated black communities and families with his welfare state "Great Society" BS back in the 60s. Before those Democrat programs incentivized having children out of wedlock and fatherless homes, the single mother rate for blacks was less than that of whites and so were the crime rates.

Now 70%-75% of black mothers are single mothers and in my opinion, that is directly responsible for the disproportionate crime rates attributed to young black men.

All races commit crimes and have single mothers and no, every fatherless home doesn't turn out criminal kids but there are statistics that prove children with fathers in the home are much less likely to turn to gangs and drugs and much more likely to get an education and be successful in life.

Unfortunately Republicans haven't given black folks the lip service that Democrats do, nobody wants to admit the welfare programs have had a disastrous effect, and neither party has done a whole lot for the black community since then. The worse part is until we can talk about these things in a constructive manner without white people being labeled damn white supremacists at every turn we won't be able to work with our black brothers and sisters to find solutions to the problems in our communities.

My thoughts are that he has the talent and ability to make a lot of money and secure his family for life while earning a living in the NFL over a span of several years. He doesn't have to be a first-rounder. He doesn't have to work for 10+ years. He has the potential to do things athletically/professionally most collegiate players will never get to experience.

You'd like to think someone close to him, someone in his social circle, can reach him, draw him in and get him to change course. He's got a wonderful opportunity ahead of him, a life-changing opportunity. He won't have that a decade from now. I don't like to see self-destruction. He has so much potential IMO. I would like to see him get it together.
It's an old saying out there that says,
"Hard head makes a soft ass"
Continue to pray for him

Reactions: OrangeTigerTower
I don't get the gun thing. If he needs help and it sounds like he does I pray he gets it! Lot to live for!

As someone who hails from York county, this sounds like Rock Hill.
This is the exact discuss That is RH natives had about this too.

There are tons of cases of this. Kids that were 1st round picks running from the cops in a stolen car, another starting for FSU as a freshman RB (back in the mid-90s, when they were good) and then academically ineligible by his senior year.

I honest see Clowney as a huge success story because with the people trying to get to him all the way back in high school, he could have fallen in the trap.

I’m not going to speculate why DK had a gun in his lap, but no matter the reason it’s not good. Prayers for the kid. If football isn’t his success I hope it’s something else. 20 years is too young to not flip your life around.

What do you mean it's not good? It was a Glock 19. I have one. Those are good guns.

This is stupid. Both of those charges are ridiculous and this entire story is going to be dramatized like he's falling off the deep end. Sensationalism at it's best.

I think part of the concern is things already weren’t going well in his life. It’s not like he earned his degree and was returning for another season as a team captain when this went down. There are signs that things have been spiraling for a while

Reactions: TigerJR and 24TIGER
It’s not mental, it called “hood”.
Since you seem to be more informed on this matter than the rest of us please let us in on exactly what he was doing with the gun. I need specific details. Not saying you’re wrong, just a speculative douche.

Since you seem to be more informed on this matter than the rest of us please let us in on exactly what he was doing with the gun. I need specific details. Not saying you’re wrong, just a speculative douche.
Equally as speculative to say he’s depressed and a threat to himself. Better odds he has a gun in the ghetto for protection.

Reactions: TheArchTiger
Cant own a handgun at 20.
Really?
That's a BS law.

Of course, there are many.

You know how many guns were always around in my generation?

Dad, or Granddad said " You don't touch that".
We didn't.

Would be nice if there were more Dads and Granddads around.
(know absolutely zero about Kendrick's raising - not just speaking about him)

... *sigh* ...

kid has millions of dollars and a life of luxury just sitting there on the table and just can’t do the little things to simply reach out and grab it.
If he sneaks into the NFL, those 'millions' will be gone in a flash.
Happens all too often.

There's more to life than money.
There's more to talent than athletics.
There's more to family than genetics.

When opportunities are abounding and people don't take advantage ...........

Well, it becomes exactly this.

Marijuana possession should not be illegal. I assume the gun is registered to him since he’s only being changed with a misdemeanor. Not having a concealed weapon permit is no big deal. I got mine in a one day lesson. The fact that he fell asleep with a gun in his lap probably means that he’s hanging with the wrong people but that’s about it.

Keith Adams 2.0.

Coming for that starting spot

Bentley-1.jpg
Marijuana possession should not be illegal. I assume the gun is registered to him since he’s only being changed with a misdemeanor. Not having a concealed weapon permit is no big deal. I got mine in a one day lesson. The fact that he fell asleep with a gun in his lap probably means that he’s hanging with the wrong people but that’s about it.

there ain’t no gun registration in SC

Reactions: tallulahtiger30319
It's a stupid law. You can have a gun in your glove box but not on your lap. Meanwhile the cops have one.
Yeah, seems like a silly law.

Would you rather Cops have Billy Sticks only?

You better hope the Cops have one. Or two.
Like, when you call 911.

Of course, you may be right.

They likely will not need more than a pen to fill out their report of what has already transpired by the time they get there.

Last edited:
You people (sounds worse than I mean it, but it fits this narrative) slay me with these 'it should not be illegal' stupid takes.

It's illegal.
Period.
You obviously know that.
Get busy and active and get the law changed if it bothers you so much.

Until then, shut up about it.

Or move to Colorado.

You people (sounds worse than I mean it, but it fits this narrative) slay me with these 'it should not be illegal' stupid takes.

It's illegal.
Period.
You obviously know that.
Get busy and active and get the law changed if it bothers you so much.

Until then, shut up about it.

Or move to Colorado.
It’s a misdemeanor. Its no big deal. It’s also illegal to drive over the speed limit. I’m sure you don’t speed, but almost everyone else does. ... but, yea, it’s illegal. Period. However, like other misdemeanors, it’s no big deal.

BTW, marijuana possession is legal in a lot more states than Colorado.

Reactions: douggainey
It’s a misdemeanor. Its no big deal. It’s also illegal to drive over the speed limit. I’m sure you don’t speed, but almost everyone else does. ... but, yea, it’s illegal. Period. However, like other misdemeanors, it’s no big deal.

I am well aware of states that make weed legal.

Not sure of any where speeding is legal.

Your point, Einstein?

Reactions: gbocatiger
I am well aware of states that make weed legal.

Not sure of any where speeding is legal.

Your point, Einstein?
You’re being a prude. I’m pointing out that (regardless of the state) it’s no big deal. People do things illegal all the time (eg speeding). In SC, it’s a misdemeanor just like speeding. In other states it’s not even a misdemeanor.

Reactions: FranktheDank
You’re being a prude. I’m pointing out that (regardless of the state) it’s no big deal. People do things illegal all the time (eg speeding). In SC, it’s a misdemeanor just like speeding. In other states it’s not even a misdemeanor.
You are correct.

Let's all opine about the speed limits.

Maybe accruing misdemeanors is not a big deal to you.

If so, we've uncovered at least part of the problem.

Reactions: CU_Tiger24
This is the exact discuss That is RH natives had about this too.

There are tons of cases of this. Kids that were 1st round picks running from the cops in a stolen car, another starting for FSU as a freshman RB (back in the mid-90s, when they were good) and then academically ineligible by his senior year.

I honest see Clowney as a huge success story because with the people trying to get to him all the way back in high school, he could have fallen in the trap.

Yep! Unfortunately, DK has a little too much Toot(Derek Ross) in him and not enough Chris Hope. Derek was every bit as talented as Chris but people know Chris because he took care of everything off the field as well! I've mentioned this recently, too, but DK'S mother's boyfriend(classmates with my son) is another one of those wasted talents and is NOT someone Derion needs to be around.

I have been saying it for 2 years. He won’t leave those idiots he hangs out with from Rock Hill alone.
If he doesn’t change he is going to be another statistic. He is on the verge of throwing it all away.

He needs to declare for the nfl and get out of town.

Is D.K. even eligible academically to transfer now to another P5 school?

I don't recall if he already graduated or not. If not, seems like he will never finish school regardless where he tries to go.

Is D.K. even eligible academically to transfer now to another P5 school?

I don't recall if he already graduated or not. If not, seems like he will never finish school regardless where he tries to go.

My understanding is he has limited options because of last semester. But UGA does appear one of them.

Yep! Unfortunately, DK has a little too much Toot(Derek Ross) in him and not enough Chris Hope. Derek was every bit as talented as Chris but people know Chris because he took care of everything off the field as well! I've mentioned this recently, too, but DK'S mother's boyfriend(classmates with my son) is another one of those wasted talents and is NOT someone Derion needs to be around.

derek is the poster boy for what could have been.

as many football players that have come from RH, the number that could have and didn’t is about as high

Reactions: atigr2000
I didnt say it was ALL BLM protestors. Some were just stupid anarchists that hate America and were using the protests as an excuse to do what lawless pieces of shit do.

I will say that I'm sure our summer of discontent in America had a lot to do with the mindset of those pieces of shit at the Capitol. Americans are stupid...they see somebody do stupid crap and get away with it, then they think they can do it too.

If they would have turned the police and military loose on those fools to blast their sorry asses with water cannons, rubber bullets, tear gas, and pepper spray in copious amounts, the Capitol situation probably would have never happened because they would have realized law enforcement and city leaders weren't gonna put up with that mess.

I blame BLM, ANTIFA, white supremacists, unhinged Trump supporters and unhinged liberals. I detest them all and they all should have gotten their asses kicked all over America by the United States Marine Corps.
/thread

The difference is when someone gets a speeding ticket they don't say something stupid like "it's ridiculous, it shouldn't be illegal, blah blah blah". They realize they were breaking the law and pay the fine. They don't blame the police for enforcing the law.(speeding limit).
The bad takes of some in this thread is not astonishing.
If there is a list of stupid things you should not do somewhere, being asleep/passed out in a car that does not belong to you, with a gun in you lap and weed in the car is on that list. When the police find someone in that situation, expecting them to say "I'm sorry sir, didn't mean to wake you. Have a nice day" is even more ridiculous.

Yeah, seems like a silly law.

Would you rather Cops have Billy Sticks only?

You better hope the Cops have one. Or two.
Like, when you call 911.

Of course, you may be right.

They likely will not need more than a pen to fill out their report of what has already transpired by the time they get there.

if you really need the police to show up with a gun then you are in trouble and should of been carrying yourself. Hoping they get their in time is not something I’m willing to risk my life with... so no I’m only calling 911 so they can come document and fill out reports

The difference is when someone gets a speeding ticket they don't say something stupid like "it's ridiculous, it shouldn't be illegal, blah blah blah". They realize they were breaking the law and pay the fine. They don't blame the police for enforcing the law.(speeding limit).
The bad takes of some in this thread is not astonishing.
If there is a list of stupid things you should not do somewhere, being asleep/passed out in a car that does not belong to you, with a gun in you lap and weed in the car is on that list. When the police find someone in that situation, expecting them to say "I'm sorry sir, didn't mean to wake you. Have a nice day" is even more ridiculous.
As long as he hasn’t bothered anyone I don’t see why it’s a big deal. It’s way down that list compared to actively harming someone or texting and driving.

Reactions: tigerworx
My understanding is he has limited options because of last semester. But UGA does appear one of them.

Wow UGA is hard as heck too get into even for instate students yet they can take a athlete that cannot get in most other schools.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT