ADVERTISEMENT

Drew Brees just bumped...

for the most part I agree with you, but there aren’t many normal Democrats anymore, at least in office. They’ve lost their damn minds and base every single decision on emotion

not in office but I still have some democrat friends that are rational but they have gone more independent left

Heck, a lot of people don't tip at all for to go orders. The fact somebody even tried to make a big deal about that is ridiculous.
i never tipped for to go orders until this pandemic hit. I do leave a tip now because I know people are hurting. However, to me the whole reason to pick up your to go order is to save a few bucks. When you pick up an order of food at a drive through window do you tip? What 's the difference?

i never tipped for to go orders until this pandemic hit. I do leave a tip now because I know people are hurting. However, to me the whole reason to pick up your to go order is to save a few bucks. When you pick up an order of food at a drive through window do you tip? What 's the difference?

@Casa_del_Tigre will be along shortly to tell you what you should do. Just wait for it.

And the thing is it’s not normal Democrat’s...it’s extreme left liberals. They’ve put every effort they could into destroying this country and put themselves and everything that can destroy Trump first
Ok, but do you believe these are “Normal Republicans” representing us? Well my friend the Conservative Republicans I knew would not allow Mitch McConnell & Donal Trump to do 1/3 of the things they have done. I grew up Respecting those people as much as I did the Liberal Democrats who worked together to Make This Country Stronger! Both sides knew they never got everything they wanted but worked hard to adhere with this Country Constitution & Values!
So if y’all want to blame one group for the mess we are in as a country, fine! However, those of us who remembered when the fanatics were kept @ bay by Democrats, Republicans & Independents Working Together For The Good Of Our Country! I pray for an improved return to those days!

You know, it isn’t liberals who have made life tough for Donald Trump. It is Donald Trump that has made life tough for Donald Trump. Jim Mattis will never be confused with a liberal. Read his comments about Trump tonight. George W. Bush is no liberal. Read his recent statement about the crisis in America.

33 percent of Americans think Trump has handled the protests well. You think 67 percent of Americans are liberal? Nope. Even conservatives recognize the authoritarian ways of Trump. He’s a dangerous man and for the nearly 3 months he will be president after losing re-election he may be most dangerous of all.

Ok, but do you believe these are “Normal Republicans” representing us? Well my friend the Conservative Republicans I knew would not allow Mitch McConnell & Donal Trump to do 1/3 of the things they have done. I grew up Respecting those people as much as I did the Liberal Democrats who worked together to Make This Country Stronger! Both sides knew they never got everything they wanted but worked hard to adhere with this Country Constitution & Values!
So if y’all want to blame one group for the mess we are in as a country, fine! However, those of us who remembered when the fanatics were kept @ bay by Democrats, Republicans & Independents Working Together For The Good Of Our Country! I pray for an improved return to those days!

Well at least one side still puts the country first and doesn’t do everything possible to protect illegals, destroy the President, and hope to hell he fails. Because right now...even bipartisan agreements are no longer. Hell if I was Trump and wanted something I’d just say the opposite and the house would make what I wanted happen. It’s embarrassing

Just FYI, servers of your to-go orders are usually paid $2.15 hourly because they are "servers" and that's allowed by federal law. The same is not true of fast food workers. Often, those who run the to-go lines at restaurants do more work than your table server as they take the order, box the food, deliver it, and run the register.

They deserve some tip because of their work and, more importantly, because they are lawfully paid paltry wages in expectation of a tip. To be fair, the above arrangement is not true at all restaurants, but I've heard it from enough friends in food bev to know it's not uncommon.

Agree with Brees statement or not, he just made things real interesting in his own locker room.

Reactions: cyclotiger
Why are some of you people (and the media) act like Dabo said the N-word comment? It was not him, it was Pearman, and Pearman was just saying the comment back to the (black) players who were saying it to each other to make a point. Pearman may not be the best coach, but he is smart enough to know that you don't use this in a derogatory way to a player. It seems like some (mainly media) were just waiting in the shadows and WAITING to pounce on Dabo in a moments notice. He could have stubbed his toe on a rock and said "oh sh!t" and they would be crucifying him for being a Christian and saying a bad word. I guess Dabo knows how Donald Trump feels now?

But I just getting sick and tired of all these thin skinned politically correct idiots!!! If I had the resources I would interview every friend or acquaintance of Paul Finebaum (and others!) since he (they) was (were) five (5), and I feel quite sure I could find some kind of racial slur toward someone or group, or at least one close enough to spin it into one. This is mainly why this country is so screwed up right now.

People are coming out of the closet and saying such and such said a racial slur to me 50 years ago and now it has screwed up my life and I want him fired and I want compensation! If someone decided that by me calling them an idiot or son of a bitch I was using was a racial slur toward them, then I may be one of the biggest racists on the planet!!! :oops:

Haven’t posted here in a while...

As black Americans:

- My grandfather fought in WW2
- Uncle in the Korean War
- My father fought and killed for this country in Nam. He was spit on and called a baby killer upon his return by white Americans that he was protecting. He still to this day gets counseling for PTSD.

That doesn’t qualify me as an expert on this. I’m still confused on how to approach current times. Brees seems like a good dude overall, but he needs to take a lap.

I love this country. And I believe in the flag. But, if you think a person kneeling is saying F the flag and military, you’re missing the point. In situations like this in current times not taking a hard stance may be the smartest option if you’re unsure.

I’ve said this to my white friends over the last week that knows they will get a caring and honest assessment from me. You don’t have to take a stance on this. Even though social media says you’re either for the cause or against, that’s not true. There’s generally always a gray area.

I go back to what we learned as youngins. The golden rule. That’s all the people who are fed up are asking for. That simple. Would you be ok if your family members were treated the same way these names that keep popping up as victims were treated?

I still think Brees is solid as a human being from my viewpoint. But, he’s missing the point and was tone deaf on this one.

End of rant. God bless you all, and I hope my fellow Tiger fans are safe in these unprecedented times.

As black Americans:

- My father fought and killed for this country in Nam. He was spit on and called a baby killer upon his return by white Americans that he was protecting. He still to this day gets counseling for PTSD.

That doesn’t qualify me as an expert on this. I’m still confused on how to approach current times. Brees seems like a good dude overall, but he needs to take a lap.

I love this country. And I believe in the flag. But, if you think a person kneeling is saying F the flag and military, you’re missing the point. In situations like this in current times not taking a hard stance may be the smartest option if you’re unsure.

I’ve said this to my white friends over the last week that knows they will get a caring and honest assessment from me. You don’t have to take a stance on this. Even though social media says you’re either for the cause or against, that’s not true. There’s generally always a gray area.

I go back to what we learned as youngins. The golden rule. That’s all the people who are fed up are asking for. That simple. Would you be ok if your family members were treated the same way these names that keep popping up as victims were treated?

I still think Brees is solid as a human being from my viewpoint. But, he’s missing the point and was tone deaf on this one.

End of rant. God bless you all, and I hope my fellow Tiger fans are safe in these unprecedented times.

great post Mamba ... Miss you on here

Drew Brees left a change tip on a 100 dollar Togo order after bitching about players not making enough. He is the only reason I hate the New Orleans Saints. Dude is a loser.

Are you serious Brees has given millions to local charities in the greater NOLA since he has been there . That’s right not just a million but millions ! When most of the players for the Saints relocated out of the NOLA after Katrina Brees stayed in NOLA to help with the clean up and recovery in the hardest hit areas. We all know he is a great player on the field but even better person off the field ! Do your homework next time.[/QUOT[/QUOTE]

TLDR

Skipped to the end.
I like Brees from what I know of him.

I don't care anymore for his opinion or Richard Sherman's (smart guy) or Charles Barkley or Nick Saban or Serena Williams.......or Ted Williams for that fact.

They are wonderful athletes.
So what?

Man, this world is upside down.

We depend on athletes and those who coach them to determine our mores?

You can disagree with Brees but to say he’s part of the problem is crazy. Takes guts to go against what everyone in the media thinks you should say right now.

Dude just said he wouldn’t kneel during the national anthem and explained it in a rational way. Good for him.

Any idiot can speak their mind. Have a look around. He lost respect today for his absolute aloofness.

he lost respect because the “if you don’t agree with us, you’re a racist” mantra is running rampant. 10 Unarmed AA were killed in over 1 million interactions between Law Enforcement and AAs last year. Yes, we should strive to get that number as low as possible, but that is certainly not the epidemic it’s being made out to be. That’s a pretty amazing stat all things considered. People have lost their damn minds and just want to create racial tension at all cost. It’s truly sad how manipulating the media can be as they stoke the fires of divisiveness.

Is it possible to agree with the message but disagree with the timing? Or are we living permanently in a world of false dichotomy? I see a ton of responses to Brees saying he’s wrong and doesn’t “get it” but I don’t see this a right or wrong issue but a matter of perspective. Though nowadays once the approved opinion is formed and someone commits wrongthink, they are shamed and cancelled.

he lost respect because the “if you don’t agree with us, you’re a racist” mantra is running rampant. 10 Unarmed AA were killed in over 1 million interactions between Law Enforcement and AAs last year. Yes, we should strive to get that number as low as possible, but that is certainly not the epidemic it’s being made out to be. That’s a pretty amazing stat all things considered. People have lost their damn minds and just want to create racial tension at all cost. It’s truly sad how manipulating the media can be as they stoke the fires of divisiveness.
I have to ask: Do you want to live in a country free enough to criticize itself, its police, its politicians? Or would you rather live in a society where people are chastised for their lack of blind patriotism because they dare criticize society?
I didn't call Brees a racist. I called him tone deaf, and there is a difference. If you don't understand that kneeling during a national anthem is a statement about inequality, and is seperate from worshipping the military.. I just don't know what to tell you. People have conflated the flag, the anthem with the military and thats just wrong. The military isn't the flag. The flag is bigger than the military will ever be, and they don't get to own it.
People aren't disrespecting you. You just feel disrespected, because you love your country and you want others to love it as well. I love this country. But you've got to understand, its a living thing and is capable of being better.

I have to ask: Do you want to live in a country free enough to criticize itself, its police, its politicians? Or would you rather live in a society where people are chastised for their lack of blind patriotism because they dare criticize society?
I didn't call Brees a racist. I called him tone deaf, and there is a difference. If you don't understand that kneeling during a national anthem is a statement about inequality, and is seperate from worshipping the military.. I just don't know what to tell you. People have conflated the flag, the anthem with the military and thats just wrong. The military isn't the flag. The flag is bigger than the military will ever be, and they don't get to own it.
People aren't disrespecting you. You just feel disrespected, because you love your country and you want others to love it as well. I love this country. But you've got to understand, its a living thing and is capable of being better.

WTF are you babbling about?? Maybe you’re not calling Brees a racist but that will be the predominate message about him. Also, you fail to address the statistics because facts and all don’t matter, just feelings. Anyone who wants to kneel can kneel, and the NFL and it’s teams can do whatever they want in response. Just like the lady in Central Park that got fired after calling the police. Private businesses can hire and fire as they please. Just as they have the right to kneel, I have the right to wonder 10 unarmed AA being killed by police in over 1 million encounters justified burning out damn cities down. The media has made this out to be some epidemic and it’s not even close to that. The facts simply don’t justify burning the country down and shaming every white person that doesn’t get on their knees and surrender to emotions instead of thinking rationally.

so again, even if I’m in the military I don’t give a shit if they kneel or not. I don’t need their support. You’re babbling had nothing to do with anything I said and you just assumed I had a problem with them kneeling. Couldn’t care less. What I do care about is every white person being shamed a called a racist for every damn thing right now.

It is a big time diversion because of what his WR, Michael Thomas, tweeted back. I am not on twitter to be able to post, but the jist is "We don't care what you think Drew.
Someone does because they asked him the question. That’s the root of what is wrong with this country. We cannot accept the fact that people see things differently and respect that. It’s like if you do not agree with someone on a topic you are hated or degraded. It’s quite sad.

Drew’s part of what’s right.
The mainstream supports everything evil, under the guise of good intentions.

WTF are you babbling about?? Maybe you’re not calling Brees a racist but that will be the predominate message about him. Also, you fail to address the statistics because facts and all don’t matter, just feelings. Anyone who wants to kneel can kneel, and the NFL and it’s teams can do whatever they want in response. Just like the lady in Central Park that got fired after calling the police. Private businesses can hire and fire as they please. Just as they have the right to kneel, I have the right to wonder 10 unarmed AA being killed by police in over 1 million encounters justified burning out damn cities down. The media has made this out to be some epidemic and it’s not even close to that. The facts simply don’t justify burning the country down and shaming every white person that doesn’t get on their knees and surrender to emotions instead of thinking rationally.
Ok? Are you saying I'm at fault for what others say about Drew Brees? yikes. So what if someone calls him a racist? You gonna defend poor Drew Brees because what he said was only tone deaf? Go ahead I don't care, just don't conflate what I said with what you are projecting on me.

Facts about statistics? Is that really what you are mad about?

Cool and you are good with 'business rights' to fire and hire when its supports your world view. Shocking. This issue has nothing to do with business practices and rather with a societal issue concerning police brutality.

No one with sense wants the country burned down. Stop conflating the actual issues with bad actors rioting. Its like if everyone conflated cops who kill unarmed people with every military.

Reactions: ddot7

As black Americans:

I’ve always been against anyone kneeling during the national anthem.

However...

This is a fantastic post, and I’d be your friend any day of the week.

so again, even if I’m in the military I don’t give a shit if they kneel or not. I don’t need their support. You’re babbling had nothing to do with anything I said and you just assumed I had a problem with them kneeling. Couldn’t care less. What I do care about is every white person being shamed a called a racist for every damn thing right now.
You edited to seem less.. something.
Sorry you feel everyone is calling you a racist. I'm not. Hope you live through it.

Ok? Are you saying I'm at fault for what others say about Drew Brees? yikes. So what if someone calls him a racist? You gonna defend poor Drew Brees because what he said was only tone deaf? Go ahead I don't care, just don't conflate what I said with what you are projecting on me.

Facts about statistics? Is that really what you are mad about?

Cool and you are good with 'business rights' to fire and hire when its supports your world view. Shocking. This issue has nothing to do with business practices and rather with a societal issue concerning police brutality.

No one with sense wants the country burned down. Stop conflating the actual issues with bad actors rioting. Its like if everyone conflated cops who kill unarmed people with every military.

just realized I’m trying to have a discussion with a retarded person. You said Drew lost respect and I said that he lost respect because you can no longer disagree without being called racist.

also, I’m good with hiring and firing in all cases. I don’t thing the girl in Central Park should’ve been fired, but I support it because private businesses can do as they please. So you’re wrong on that too.

And yes, it should piss everyone off that the media presents it as law enforcement out hunting black men for sport, when the statistics say otherwise, greatly as a matter of fact. After your incoherent babbling, I honestly wonder if you have any reading comprehension skills whatsoever, and if you’re capable of having an adult discussion. You’re posting in this thread suggest otherwise.

Reactions: Pvilletigerfan
You edited to seem less.. something.
Sorry you feel everyone is calling you a racist. I'm not. Hope you live through it.

I edited to add the point that I have no problem with them kneeling, so you’d be wrong, again. And I could care less if a retard like you thinks I’m racist. That word has been so bastardized by victimhood obsessed losers like you that I yawn when I hear it now.

Reactions: Pvilletigerfan
Sporting events have used the anthem as a salute to military service members for a few years now so naturally people have started to conflate the two. So when somebody decides to start protesting during this, it’s going to cause division. Of course it’s not meant to disrespect but impossible not to at that moment. It’s just like if someone says “all lives matter” during this time of black lives matter. It’s not meant to disrespect but it’s going to be seen as such.

I edited to add the point that I have no problem with them kneeling, so you’d be wrong, again. And I could care less if a retard like you thinks I’m racist. That word has been so bastardized by victimhood obsessed losers like you that I yawn when I hear it now.
A person calling someone a retard getting upset at a man calling another man racist...

I hate twitter...gives everyone a platform to the world to say some really dumb stuff.

Sporting events have used the anthem as a salute to military service members for a few years now so naturally people have started to conflate the two. So when somebody decides to start protesting during this, it’s going to cause division. Of course it’s not meant to disrespect but impossible not to at that moment. It’s just like if someone says “all lives matter” during this time of black lives matter. It’s not meant to disrespect but it’s going to be seen as such.
Ok? So the anthem belongs to the military now? Nope, it never belonged to them. They have their own songs for their own divisions, the anthem is for the people.

Reactions: ddot7
Never said you were racist. You're feelings are being slung all over the place.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT