Elon Musk

TigerGrowls

Woodrush
Gold Member
Dec 21, 2001
Making sense.

Elon Musk Issues Urgent Warning for Humanity

“If there are no humans, there’s no humanity.”

Musk says that we should be “very concerned” about imploding birth rates, which are “accelerating in most countries.”

But it’s what he said next that was very telling.

“In the sort of extreme form of the environmentalist movement, people start to view humans as a PLAGUE on the surface of the earth, as a fundamentally bad thing, and with the implication that if all humans disappeared, somehow earth would be better off.”

Musk described this as “The Extinctionist Movement.”

“I think at a fundamental level, you can think of things as a fight between expansionist and extinctionist philosophies. And that’s what really matters. If humans go extinct or civilization collapses, whatever policies we may have are IRRELEVANT.”

Musk’s final message was this: “Go forth and multiply.”

@elonmusk

• Haha
Reactions: DW4_2016
Making sense.

Elon Musk Issues Urgent Warning for Humanity

“If there are no humans, there’s no humanity.”

Musk says that we should be “very concerned” about imploding birth rates, which are “accelerating in most countries.”

But it’s what he said next that was very telling.

“In the sort of extreme form of the environmentalist movement, people start to view humans as a PLAGUE on the surface of the earth, as a fundamentally bad thing, and with the implication that if all humans disappeared, somehow earth would be better off.”

Musk described this as “The Extinctionist Movement.”

“I think at a fundamental level, you can think of things as a fight between expansionist and extinctionist philosophies. And that’s what really matters. If humans go extinct or civilization collapses, whatever policies we may have are IRRELEVANT.”

Musk’s final message was this: “Go forth and multiply.”

@elonmusk
Exactly what we need is a watered down pool of kids who were born for the incentive

Elon has like 8 kids from like 4 women and he's not a father to any of them. He wants Tesla to pay him 10k for every car they sold, which would cripple the companies profitability and dilute its wealth. He want's all that wealth for himself, more than he could ever spend for 4 generations. He is trying to make it more difficult for people to earn a living... and he wants to lecture average americans on birth rates?
Get ****ed you idiot.

Reactions: yoshi121374
Lawfare. The deep state is going after Musk near the same level they go after Trump. This is dictatorial behavior from the government our biggest star which is insane.

He sure has proven to be smart with his purchase of Twitter hadn't he?
Yes, absolutely. If you have me the option to invest when he bought Twitter i would have been happy to do so.

Have you seen what Starlink is offering? Mini - satellite internet provider the size of a laptop. Rockets are being caught out of the air.

You don't think he will make many multiples on this investment? I bet you wouldn't short it but would be happy to see you do so.

idk how true this is, but lol
I have wondered what would happen when major automakers embraced the electric car.

Ford has far more manufacturing capability, massive cash resources, and a huge workforce. It was always a matter of time.

Tesla has been plagued with issues in those spaces and is largely valued for the technology that they pioneered. It will be interesting to see if the continue to make vehicles, or if they pivot to providing the technology for charging and batteries to support the other automakers.

I frankly don't know how they will compete.

I have wondered what would happen when major automakers embraced the electric car.

Ford has far more manufacturing capability, massive cash resources, and a huge workforce. It was always a matter of time.

Tesla has been plagued with issues in those spaces and is largely valued for the technology that they pioneered. It will be interesting to see if the continue to make vehicles, or if they pivot to providing the technology for charging and batteries to support the other automakers.

I frankly don't know how they will compete.
Tell me you know nothing about Tesla without telling me you know nothing about Tesla.

Reactions: TigerGrowls
idk how true this is, but lol
Tesla has the best valued car on the market in the Model Y. That's why it was the best selling vehicle in the world last year.

That graph is very misleading imo. They still sold 6x as many cars as the nearest competitor. Percentages get skewed a little when the numbers are that different and the educated viewer will put that into context.

Reactions: TigerGrowls
Tell me why I'm wrong.
Do you think Telsa has been plagued in manufacturing capability and cash resources and a huge work force?

1) The did have problems in manufacturing many years ago but those issues have largely been solved. In fact, they are coming out with a new unboxed manufacturing process that they think will allow them to deliver cars at a much cheaper price in the future.

2) They have plenty of Cash. As of 03/2024 they have $27 Billion cash

3) You think a huge work force with a lot of legacy costs is a good thing? How about robotics which can reduce the cost of labor, that would be a good thing.

Do you think Telsa has been plagued in manufacturing capability and cash resources and a huge work force?

1) The did have problems in manufacturing many years ago but those issues have largely been solved. In fact, they are coming out with a new unboxed manufacturing process that they think will allow them to deliver cars at a much cheaper price in the future.

2) They have plenty of Cash. As of 03/2024 they have $27 Billion cash

3) You think a huge work force with a lot of legacy costs is a good thing? How about robotics which can reduce the cost of labor, that would be a good thing.

I was pointing out that the other major manufacturers had much larger,much more established infrastructure, and frankly had been waiting and letting Tesla pave the way.

Now they have seen the path forward and it they continue to focus on Electric they are going to win. I trust Ford, Toyota, even Hyundai long-term much,much more than Musk. He has so divided his attention amongst other avenues that I don't know that he is the leader Tesla needs at this point.

I don't like his politics, I don't personally like the fanboyism that surrounds him, but I appreciate that he was a visionary leader and it took balls to basically create a market.

The history of the US business landscape is littered with visionaries who were first to the market, but ultimately were swallowed up by the established, bigger players in the market.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT