ADVERTISEMENT

Follow the Science?

Reactionary, but not surprising. They did what was thought best using the science available at the time. Hindsight and further knowledge of COVID gained since then give us a different perspective on what was and wasn’t necessary.
That is a LIE and you know it. You bought the lie as it was presented, you accepted/forced it, and now, you want to give another alternative to why it happened.

No one trust you democrats, and your typing, let's us all know why.

These people have been lying to us from the start. They did it on purpose. If you think otherwise, you're not as smart as you think you are.

From the Pres on down.

I should've known I would have to explain it to you.

Yankees ain't smart. They may have a degree, but they're holding out hope that ole Joe will make the rest of us pay for it.

So COVID started in March 2020. The Pres was Trump. So, you are essentially blaming Trump.

@TigerGrowls - Quick, this guy is deep state! Denounce him!

Reactions: yoshi121374
So COVID started in March 2020. The Pres was Trump. So, you are essentially blaming Trump.

@TigerGrowls - Quick, this guy is deep state! Denounce him!
Nah, you're just an idiot.

COVID started much earlier than March, which also proves you are lacking in the mental department.

Why don't you just say you are a democrat lacky? It would make things much easier for all of us.

Masks don't prevent the spread of covid19. That's an accurate statement.

What you posted, that they "don't work against the spread" is objectively untrue, by every measure. Are they perfect? No. But n95 masks absolutely reduce the likelihood that you contract the virus. This isnt a question or even in debate by serious people.

The difference between standing in a room without a mask with others and standing in a room with a n95 mask with others is a measurable impact on your exposure to the virus.
You went from "mask" to N95 without blinking an eye. Cant do that.

Masks do not prevent the spread of covid-19. Its indisputable scientific fact.

N95's might be another story but there were never enough N95's for everyone and its prepostorous to suggest everyone wear a N95 mask anyway. We are human beings designed to breathe fresh air.

Masks do not stop or prevent the spread of Covid-19. Scientific fact.

Nah, you're just an idiot.

COVID started much earlier than March, which also proves you are lacking in the mental department.

Why don't you just say you are a democrat lacky? It would make things much easier for all of us.

so trump was even more responsible than previously known. Incompetence from the top down in that administration.

glad we are the same page.

so trump was even more responsible than previously known. Incompetence from the top down in that administration.

glad we are the same page.
How do I say I am a p))sy, without saying I am a p))sy.? You won this game.

You went from "mask" to N95 without blinking an eye. Cant do that.

Masks do not prevent the spread of covid-19. Its indisputable scientific fact.

N95's might be another story but there were never enough N95's for everyone and its prepostorous to suggest everyone wear a N95 mask anyway. We are human beings designed to breathe fresh air.

Masks do not stop or prevent the spread of Covid-19. Scientific fact.

an n95 IS a mask, you literally call it a mask in your own post... I'm not the one being loose with language here.

since an n95 IS a mask, your statement continues to be objectively nonsense.

Reactions: WapPride and dpic73

I definitely won, but more at the game of making you look foolish on a message board so you then resort to calling me a pussy after I used your own flawed logic and ignorance against you.

an n95 IS a mask, you literally call it a mask in your own post... I'm not the one being loose with language here.

since an n95 IS a mask, your statement continues to be objectively nonsense.
The problem is you all were recommending cloth masks or non-95 masks for everyone. Which you were dead wrong about.

Masks do not stop the spread of covid 19. Never have never will. It was a silly idea and anyone that recommended it should not be listened to again.

You either don't have kids or you don't know very much about education. Either way you're welcome to your opinion but you don't have the first clue what you're talking about in terms of childhood development.
I have two kids. One is a teacher in South Carolina and my wife is a retired teacher from Mass. Both were Teachers of the Year in their respective schools. I have a very good idea about childhood development.

I love it. The CDC announced they are restructuring to be more prepared for the next pandemic and make fewer mistakes.

You dolts take that to mean:
- the CDC just admitted covid was a political hoax hit job to take down Trump just like I been sayin all along!
- Ivermectin works!
- masks dont work!
- they admitted the vaccine dont work!

unhinged

I definitely won, but more at the game of making you look foolish on a message board so you then resort to calling me a pussy after I used your own flawed logic and ignorance against you.
In your mind, I'm sure you think that is the case.

Reality is a MF'er though.

Reactionary, but not surprising. They did what was thought best using the science available at the time. Hindsight and further knowledge of COVID gained since then give us a different perspective on what was and wasn’t necessary.
So, that's not following the science. That's forerunning the science. The science that was proven was sociological. How much can they get away with? Will climate lockdowns be blindly followed?

I have two kids. One is a teacher in South Carolina and my wife is a retired teacher from Mass. Both were Teachers of the Year in their respective schools. I have a very good idea about childhood development.

All that and you still believe it is something kid's get past no problem. Wow.

Here's one study:

Reactions: Allornothing
All that and you still believe it is something kid's get past no problem. Wow.

Here's one study:

I don't think it's a case of them necessarily lying about things. But there was a lot of incompetence and there was a lot of political pressure that they caved into. The fact that they never really put any stock in natural immunity was a huge mistake. All the masking of children in school without considering the developmental consequences was a huge fail too. Just a lot of mistakes.
It was a lie. Total deception:

That is a LIE and you know it. You bought the lie as it was presented, you accepted/forced it, and now, you want to give another alternative to why it happened.

No one trust you democrats, and your typing, let's us all know why.

These people have been lying to us from the start. They did it on purpose. If you think otherwise, you're not as smart as you think you are.

There is not one other person I loved more without knowing than Rush. What a GREAT American he was.

Folks need to wake up. Rush was not some evil, racist person. That's just more lies from people who hated him.

IMHO, Rush was a great man. Maybe I will be corrected, but I never heard him say anything even remotely racist/sexist/homophobic, etc. If someone has other another view, please share your thoughts.

I just saw James Carville on national TV state that republican voters are STUPID. I guess if I don't agree with his political views, I am stupid.

I'll just have to be considered stupid I guess!

We don't often agree but I find you'd be a very insightful and knowledgeable poster. How are in this case you have conveniently forgotten a lot of facts from the time. They never followed the science. They play politics from almost the beginning.
Before the beginning.

I don’t even really want to wade into this but there’s so much disinformation here it’s hard not to. I’m a physician at Duke so I have a little bit of knowledge on the topic. The CDC was not well-prepared for the pandemic and the response wasn’t what it needed to be. Part of that stems from the sitting president actively going to war with the CDC and making it political. No one made it political more than Trump. You can call me a lib or whatever I don’t really care. I’ve voted for every political party, independents, etc. Masks work. That’s a fact. It’s why we wear them all the time. During flu season. In operating rooms. Etc. are they 100%? No. If everyone wears a mask do they prevent spread? Yes. Vaccines work. Are they 100%? No. Do they prevent spread? Yes. The vaccine against alpha strain was remarkable at actually preventing infection. Unfortunately as the virus mutated it started to get better at evading vaccine protection. But the vaccine still worked to prevent severity and death. This is what all vaccines do always. People like to roll the dice with flu and not get the yearly vaccine. Cool, make your choice. But the flu is not a new virus that the population has never been exposed to. Had we done nothing at the beginning and just let everyone get natural immunity we would have seen exceptionally high number of deaths. Much more than we had. Obviously natural immunity is always going to be stronger than a vaccine. No scientist ever disputes that. But you can’t just let everyone get it and take their chances. Plus our healthcare system would have just flat out broken. People who say the science changed over time just don’t understand public health. First of all, yes, science does change. We learn new things and adapt. That’s the very basis of it. But we also changed recommendations over time because different strains presented different challenges. Once we had vaccines available the target changed from preventing illness to preventing death to preventing our systems from being overrun. I think this was the main failure of the CDC was not communicating more clearly what the goal was and how it was changing in each phase.
OK rant over. Everyone can go ahead and attack me now and tell me what an idiot I am. But I’m pretty sure I’m the only one here who has the background to actually speak on this with authority.

Wrong, you need to go read the excerpts of Dr Birx’s new book And revisit what science knew about pandemics three years ago. It is a very long well established field of study, and it was ignored.
She admits there was ZERO science to support the lockdowns, in fact world wide there were virologists and epidemiologists everywhere supporting herd immunity and letting the virus run through the healthy population as fast as possible to minimize the time span of the pandemic and risk to the vulnerable. Big Tech censored them as much as they could and the media had a virtual black out of doctors who pointed out the obvious bad policies of CDC
But there WAS 100 YEARS of scientifically established pandemic protocol that the CDC IGNORED and did the polar OPPOSITE of.
They also knew that the masks 98% of people were wearing were useless. Stanford’s Hoover institute reviewed 17 clinical studies on masks and concluded masks were useless back in 2020, ignored by the morons at the CDC.
A study of counties in Kansas was particularly telling as the state left it to each county whether to mandate masks or not. The counties that mandated masks had roughly 50% higher death rates from Covid due to rebreathing the virus trapped by the masks. There are thousands of studies on masks which the CDC ignored.
There was zero science behind the six foot separation demands.
NOW their current policy is for everyone to choose how they handle it on a personal basis. This is what Florida did TWO YEARS AGO and the Dems, CDC/Fauci/Birx and media blasted Desantis for this.
Many many countries followed our lead and the result?- millions dead due to economic collapse because of the total incompetence and politicization of Covid. UNICEF estimates at least 200,000 children died, just in Asia, from the lock downs.
quite recently Phizer was forced to open early research on their experimental vaccine. Over 40% of pregnant women had miscarriages!
The CDC is guilty of mass murder
Hence the reason I think Faux-chi should be hung in public on PPV. He was not wrong on the science. He was a liar on the science. He lied on purpose, and cost thousands of lives (if not tens/hundreds of thousands).

Reactions: OleFastball
I don’t even really want to wade into this but there’s so much disinformation here it’s hard not to. I’m a physician at Duke so I have a little bit of knowledge on the topic. The CDC was not well-prepared for the pandemic and the response wasn’t what it needed to be. Part of that stems from the sitting president actively going to war with the CDC and making it political. No one made it political more than Trump. You can call me a lib or whatever I don’t really care. I’ve voted for every political party, independents, etc. Masks work. That’s a fact. It’s why we wear them all the time. During flu season. In operating rooms. Etc. are they 100%? No. If everyone wears a mask do they prevent spread? Yes. Vaccines work. Are they 100%? No. Do they prevent spread? Yes. The vaccine against alpha strain was remarkable at actually preventing infection. Unfortunately as the virus mutated it started to get better at evading vaccine protection. But the vaccine still worked to prevent severity and death. This is what all vaccines do always. People like to roll the dice with flu and not get the yearly vaccine. Cool, make your choice. But the flu is not a new virus that the population has never been exposed to. Had we done nothing at the beginning and just let everyone get natural immunity we would have seen exceptionally high number of deaths. Much more than we had. Obviously natural immunity is always going to be stronger than a vaccine. No scientist ever disputes that. But you can’t just let everyone get it and take their chances. Plus our healthcare system would have just flat out broken. People who say the science changed over time just don’t understand public health. First of all, yes, science does change. We learn new things and adapt. That’s the very basis of it. But we also changed recommendations over time because different strains presented different challenges. Once we had vaccines available the target changed from preventing illness to preventing death to preventing our systems from being overrun. I think this was the main failure of the CDC was not communicating more clearly what the goal was and how it was changing in each phase.
OK rant over. Everyone can go ahead and attack me now and tell me what an idiot I am. But I’m pretty sure I’m the only one here who has the background to actually speak on this with authority.
What did you think of the CDC coming out yesterday and confessing to their lies? What do you think about Faucci and his ongoing lies? Burx and her lies? You're no different.

Do they teach paragraphs at Duke?

Look, there is some nuance to vaccine and mask effectiveness. The vaccines do help with condition severity and helped slow spread early on.

But the absolute lunacy with which many approached both requirements, led by the topic of this thread the CDC, was and is absurd. I still am dealing with conferences with vaccine mandates, even after we all clearly know they aren’t stopping modern COVID.

Everyone should have embraced what I have been saying since mid 2020. Stratify risk based on the individual. Older people and those with comorbidities have ALWAYS been the at-risk population for COVID. Focus there. Not on masking kids and mandating vaccines on healthy people under 50.

I distinctly recall high volume posters on this board saying that people choosing not to get vaccinated (healthy people under 50) were irresponsible and selfish. There was abundant anger in their tone. They were certain of their beliefs. Thankfully we know better now.

What did you think of the CDC coming out yesterday and confessing to their lies? What do you think about Faucci and his ongoing lies? Burx and her lies? You're no different.
Ah, you figured out I’m part of the deep state. Good for you. The CDC did nothing of the sort. But carry on.

Ah, you figured out I’m part of the deep state. Good for you. The CDC did nothing of the sort. But carry on.
The CDC "director" came out yesterday and said they messed the whole thing up. Do you deny that?

Nobody said anything about the "deep state" or anything else but you did. Keep up the good work "Dukee".

Reactions: OleFastball
The CDC "director" came out yesterday and said they messed the whole thing up. Do you deny that?

Nobody said anything about the "deep state" or anything else but you did. Keep up the good work "Dukee".
She said they felt they could have responded better which I alluded to above. She didn’t say they lied and neither did Birx. I’m a Tiger grad but work at Duke. Good talking to you bud.

Reactions: nytigerfan
She said they felt they could have responded better which I alluded to above. She didn’t say they lied and neither did Birx. I’m a Tiger grad but work at Duke. Good talking to you bud.
Good talking to you too. Birx said in her own book that she lied.

You keep on believing what you want, without any regard to facts. Faucci lied (numerous times on TV) , Birx lied (her own book says she did), Walensky lied. If you believe any of those 3 people, there is nothing left to say.

Good talking to you too. Birx said in her own book that she lied.

You keep on believing what you want, without any regard to facts. Faucci lied (numerous times on TV) , Birx lied (her own book says she did), Walensky lied. If you believe any of those 3 people, there is nothing left to say.
I’m the only one here with facts. The medical community as a whole does not consider any of those people to be liars. That’s 99% of physicians. I’m sure the Gateway Pundit or whatever garbage you read has told you that they’ve all said they lied to purposefully take away your freedoms but that’s not what went down. They probably changed guidance on what they said as data changed but no one lied to the public besides Trump. Sorry buddy, that’s just the facts. I’ll go back to saving lives and you can go back to conspiracy theories. That’s all I have to say.

Total Bullshit. It was all lies.

Thank God the guy who played Conan the Barbarian is here to clear all this up. It’s really amazing to me that people think they can read a couple internet articles and understand immunology. I’ve taken classes about it, four years of medical school, three years or residency and practicing for years now and still wouldn’t act like I know as much as some of y’all. This is a clip from YEARS ago talking about the FLU. It’s completely different! COVID was a new virus that no one had ANY immunity to and whose R value was much higher than influenza and death rate was much higher. If you let that spread through the population and depend on natural immunity you are going to have insane numbers of dead people and break the healthcare system. Vaccines were absolutely essential in slowing this thing down and getting us to the point we are today. You don’t want to get it now? Fine. Everyone who needed it has now been vaccinated so we are in a different spot. Some of y’all need to quit acting like you know anything about population health.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT