ADVERTISEMENT

Football season in jeopardy?

I'm not saying it's going to happen but I don't think it's going to be shocking to have limited stadium capacities again if the numbers don't flatten soon. We are going up a pretty steep hill right now. Cases have doubled each of the last 3 weeks. Today DHEC reported 2203 new cases (1392 confirmed, 811 probable). If we keep going on the current trajectory SC will be at February/January type numbers next week.

My wife (nurse) said that their covid numbers in the ICU doubled in a 2 day span this week at her hospital in Columbia.
The number of deaths from the Vax or covid? Please enlighten us.

• Wow
Reactions: DW4_2016
I would say we need more information here. What percentage of the population is vaccinated in this area.

Let's say you have 10 people and 8 have been vaccinated and 3 of those get it and one of the two unvaccinated get it 75% of the cases are in vaccinated people but only 37.5% of vaccinated got it and 50% of unvaccinated got it. Thus getting vaccinated reduces the chances you get.

I would say we need more information here. What percentage of the population is vaccinated in this area.

Let's say you have 10 people and 8 have been vaccinated and 3 of those get it and one of the two unvaccinated get it 75% of the cases are in vaccinated people but only 37.5% of vaccinated got it and 50% of unvaccinated got it. Thus getting vaccinated reduces the chances you get.

64% are fully vaccinated in Massachusetts compared to 41% in SC.

Reactions: dandeman330
Only respiratory disease where we test the asymptomatic. Stop testing the people that aren’t sick and the infection rate drops dramatically.

Again, tell me how many are dying not how many positive cases. Hell, many of these tests aren’t even reliable. A glut put into the market quickly just for the money grab without any science behind them. That’s par for the course with this whole fiasco.

Reactions: AugTig
E7juoGVWEAUsZSd.jpg

I say if you choose to not be vaccinated, that’s your right and good luck to you.

Until hospitals are over run, I don’t see the problem.

Reactions: Esso Porch
Live Freely or live fearly. Those that want to live in a constant state of fear, do so but don’t push it on others. We live in a world where the risk of dying everyday from many other things riskier than Covid has existed well before Covid and we didn’t go into our shells.

Dang, what are the chances that I am the only person who personally knows vaccinated people that are being hospitalized? At 99.94 percent unvaccinated in hospitals, there apparently have been no others nationally other than the ones I know of personally! The whole point of this post is that all these numbers on both sides being thrown around are a load of crap. Not trying to single you out.
There are 160,000,000 and counting fully vaccinated Americans. How many of these people do you know who are hospitalized? 100,000 would be .06%.

Reactions: Esso Porch
I know first hand that many vaccinated people are getting Covid. Anyone know if People are getting Covid for a second time? I'm not asking about what the news says. I haven't believed the news or social media for some time. I want to know if you know people who have had it twice?
Great question, and I wonder why natural immunity isn’t talked about along with vaccinations. My wife (natural immunity only) was rattling off a new study that shows that the statistics for infection are the lowest for those with natural immunity and those that have both natural immunity and the vaccine, followed by those that are vaccinated only, and finally those with neither. Exactly what you might expect except that those with both (like me) aren’t seeing added protection. So why isn’t natural immunity being talked about as equal or better than being vaccinated? It is like natural immunity doesn’t exist.

It is this kind of crap that drives more skepticism. Just tell it like it is.

Btw, the number of vaccinated people in the US is 165M, with 17,000 getting infected. I believe that is a 0.02% infection rate, which is pretty damn low. I would expect it to be closer to 10% (16.5M) since the effective rate is ~90%. Vaccinations do help if you have not had the virus.

Last edited:
In my hospital we now have 55 covid inpatients. 54 are not vaccinated. 4 weeks ago, we hit 0 covid inpatients for the first time since it started. Our hospital is full. 1 ICU is now full of COVID patients and our second ICU now has several. Argue all you want but the fact is these are frustrating and scary times for many and that gets ignored and glossed over. I have witnessed for a year now the horror that this disease can be for patients and families. I have never seen anything like it in my career and hope never to again.

Since you’re so smart and pimp these vaccines non stop on here, why did the CDC release data this past April that stated 7,157 new Covid cases among fully vaccinated in the U.S., with 88 of those resulting in death? Then in May the CDC conveniently stopped tracking deaths of fully and partially vaccinated. Why is that?

So, is your position that those vaccinated are the majority of the increase in case counts, hospitalizations and deaths? If so, do you have any evidence of that?

I fail to understand the point when people state, in this argument about growing cases and increase in COVID that vaccinated people are spreading COVID--the spread of COVID has never been the actual issue. The actual issue is, as spread increases hospitalizations increase as do deaths. Vaccinations, while not curbing positive tests, do empirically significantly reduce the severity of cases.

Forget the CDC or the media, whichever implicitly biased network you prefer to use...I'll take the word over actual people on ground zero of this situation that repeatedly will tell you the VAST majority of people in hospital beds with severe COVID are NOT vaccinated and even more so when it comes to those dying. I trust them far greater than I trust you and your conspiracy theories and others like you on this board...whatever they may be and for whatever reason you may hold them near and dear to your heart.

Why do people typically get a COVID test? Because they are ill; so while it may be true that vaccinated people are positive and spreading, they are FAR less likely to pop a positive test because they are FAR less likely to get tested because are FAR less likely to feel ill or show symptoms of being ill...because the vaccine is doing it's job.

Those that are showing symptoms and getting ill are not vaccinated and therefore they are getting tested and the case count is exploding; and hospitals are getting busier and more people are dying and will die from it. It's not hard...

A good friend of mine who is really plugged said Oct. 1st could be a day of really bad news for us. His people predicted the first shut down 2 months before it happened. Those same people are saying Oct. 1st for the second one. Jesus I can’t do this shit again.

In my hospital we now have 55 covid inpatients. 54 are not vaccinated. 4 weeks ago, we hit 0 covid inpatients for the first time since it started. Our hospital is full. 1 ICU is now full of COVID patients and our second ICU now has several. Argue all you want but the fact is these are frustrating and scary times for many and that gets ignored and glossed over. I have witnessed for a year now the horror that this disease can be for patients and families. I have never seen anything like it in my career and hope never to again.
With DO after Tiger, I would guess you are a doctor. Thank you for providing a picture without politics tied to it. I am vaccinated, but my grands are not able to get their vaccines yet. I will be masking up to protect them. I would do anything to protect them.

Your watching cnn
I’m generally on the conservative side economically but also visit the ICU, these are not lies. While occasionally vaccinated patients do get sick, most likely because they didn’t mount an adequate immune response, around 90% of the over 60 hospitalized now where I’m at are unvaccinated and all in the ICU on ventilators are unvaccinated. This new Delta variant is for real and vaccinated people are certainly getting at a higher rate but they’re much less sick as a whole. If we would have reached high vaccinated thresholds before it took hold it wouldnt be much of a concern but we are past that point now because of widespread misinformation and vulnerability to misinformation. If more people trusted the entire combined medical field that have spent their whole careers donated to understanding diseases versus fear spreading anti vax blogs (this is not political plenty of both conservatives and liberals in this category) we’d be in a much better place. I will blame the anti vax false narrative crowd if stadiums are not full in the fall.

Last edited:
I know first hand that many vaccinated people are getting Covid. Anyone know if People are getting Covid for a second time? I'm not asking about what the news says. I haven't believed the news or social media for some time. I want to know if you know people who have had it twice?
a few of my friends have had it twice

I think we should just go full bore and let all the anti-vaxxers get it. Will be a huge benefit to the future of human evolution. We are watching survival of the fittest happen in real time.
I typically have a differing opinion with you on a number of topics, this is not one of them.

I have no problem with a person choosing to be vaccinated, except for a healthy child. No way my daughters will be vaccinated until vaccines approved. Scares the hell out of me that there is no data on fertility/reproduction effects. With mortality rate minuscule in the young, it doesnt make much sense.

I think we should just go full bore and let all the anti-vaxxers get it. Will be a huge benefit to the future of human evolution. We are watching survival of the fittest happen in real time.
For the record, that's what I said waaaaaay back in December 2019/January 2020, along with all of the other folks who don't live their life in fear of catching a virus with a 99%+ survival rate.

I bet you had a shit-eating grin on your face as you typed that, thinking that you were going to show us. But on the contrary, that's what we wanted the whole time.

For the record, that's what I said waaaaaay back in December 2019/January 2020, along with all of the other folks who don't live their life in fear of catching a virus with a 99%+ survival rate.

I bet you had a shit-eating grin on your face as you typed that, thinking that you were going to show us. But on the contrary, that's what we wanted the whole time.
I’m not sure how you don’t understand what the difference is between now, when there’s a vaccine readily available that people are refusing to take, and early 2020 when there was no vaccine and when we also had no real idea about how deadly it was or wasn’t.

I'm not sure many of them care any more. They need to make money and need full stadiums to do so. Unless state governments start handing out mandates I doubt you're going to see many programs limiting their attendance voluntarily, nor should they. It's time for people to make their own choices again without government interference, and I don't care that there's a spike. If you want to go to the game and risk getting sick, great, go to the game. If you don't want to risk it stay home and watch on TV.

When it comes to government mandates, I wonder about that dude running the state of NC. I don’t know if we can get to 9/4 without any restrictions with the way things are going.

I am about as middle of the road as they come. But would love an answer for people deadset against the vaccine.

Did you vaccinate your kids before they started school?
Did you research the side effects?

No troll but a serious question. I waited and got this vaccination after a period of time so I could study and read for myself the side effects.

But I have a 3yr old that I just let the doctor give whatever shots he tells me to give him. I always thought that people that didn't vaccinate their kids were a little looney honestly. But truthfully is the tide turning to those vaccinations also?
So the vaccinations that are given to children are a whole different deal. Those were researched and clinically tested over 5 to 7 years. The vaccine we're dealing with today was concocted in a matter of months and tested on 5 to 7 people. It should be everyone's personal right to choose whether or not they want to be stuck with an experimental gene altering drug. On top of that, we have zero information on the long term effects of the vaccine because it hasn't been around long enough for there possibly to be. The sister of my co-worker who is in ICU braindead with failed internal organs and massive internal hemorrhaging, caused by the vaccine and confirmed by her doctors, chose wrong. I think I'll wait it out for a while longer because I've managed just fine, and that's my choice.

I'm not sure many of them care any more. They need to make money and need full stadiums to do so. Unless state governments start handing out mandates I doubt you're going to see many programs limiting their attendance voluntarily, nor should they. It's time for people to make their own choices again without government interference, and I don't care that there's a spike. If you want to go to the game and risk getting sick, great, go to the game. If you don't want to risk it stay home and watch on TV.
I'm not advocating or stating my opinion on whether they should or shouldn't. I'm just saying it wouldn't shock me if it continues to get worse. Large organizations and the government tend to react strongly for fear of lawsuits and I would think it's a pretty safe bet that every school is having conversations about a contingency plan, whether they use it or not.

I was just providing DHEC data and my wife's personal recollection of what is currently going on in hospitals which has been echoed by several other healthcare workers ITT.

Live Freely or live fearly. Those that want to live in a constant state of fear, do so but don’t push it on others. We live in a world where the risk of dying everyday from many other things riskier than Covid has existed well before Covid and we didn’t go into our shells.

I have no problem with a person choosing to be vaccinated, except for a healthy child. No way my daughters will be vaccinated until vaccines approved. Scares the hell out of me that there is no data on fertility/reproduction effects. With mortality rate minuscule in the young, it doesnt make much sense.
“Live freely or live fearly”

“This lack of data on potential side effects scare the hell out of me”

Boy, do these messages contradict one another.

Reactions: nytigerfan
So the vaccinations that are given to children are a whole different deal. Those were researched and clinically tested over 5 to 7 years. The vaccine we're dealing with today was concocted in a matter of months and tested on 5 to 7 people. It should be everyone's personal right to choose whether or not they want to be stuck with an experimental gene altering drug. On top of that, we have zero information on the long term effects of the vaccine because it hasn't been around long enough for there possibly to be. The sister of my co-worker who is in ICU braindead with failed internal organs and massive internal hemorrhaging, caused by the vaccine and confirmed by her doctors, chose wrong. I think I'll wait it out for a while longer because I've managed just fine, and that's my choice.

There are 1000s of parents with this same story with vaccinations gone wrong with kids.

Did you research before you let your kids get vaccinated?

Reactions: fcctiger12
Agreed, my wife and I are vaccinated, but would not think of letting my son or daughter get the vaccine. I believe the numbers are ~230 deaths attributed to covid of children and 100% of those children had a comorbidity (Leukemia), while there are ~2,000 deaths of kids 12-17 attributed to the vaccine. Of course, the media does not tell the public these numbers, they just tell us to shut up and comply!

Reactions: Essolover4
There is no data out there that covid vaccines or any vaccines decrease fertility rate. On the contrary many viruses decrease birth rates and cause birth defects.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-57374241.amp.

This who has created many of the false covid rumors through large social media followings on vaccine causing infertility. She has no medical background is an outspoken feminist and former Democratic Party chair and likely has an undiagnosed or undisclosed psychiatric medical condition who now spends her entire life trying to influence with completely false information and scare tactics.

the bolded sections of your post are 100% incorrect. i don't know about your personal anecdote, but based on your hit rate for the rest of the post i am leaning bullshit. hard to know for sure.

Sounds like someone’s trying to make the news…
It’s easy to put out tweets like this, citing zero sources just to create waves…get clicks…
It’s BS…
Those numbers quoted are solid. Straight from DHEC.
The deal is what to do.

Kinda hard to believe that fact when we have no idea how many asymptomatic vaccinated people are out there. Judging by all these headlines from these sports teams having high numbers of asymptomatic players testing positive I am not so sure the 1% is factual.

It is factual, roughly 1% of the infected individuals over the last few weeks are vaccinated. This Is based on actual test results. What is your point other than to try To cloud the facts with bullshit.

It doesn’t prevent those that have it from getting the virus or spreading it…& the CDC says even with it, you still need to mask up…
What good is it?
Because the vaccinated can be infected and asymptomatic, and infect the unvaccinated.

I’m unvaxxed, had it, very mild symptoms. I know 3 people currently hospitalized, one in ICU, all 3 were vaccinated. So it’s not as cut and dry as you wanna make it seem.

Looney, crazy, smooth brained “anti-vaxer” here. I also don’t use electricity and make my own clothes and apple sauce.
So if I continue to live life and refuse the jab I will personally be responsible for bringing down College Football? I’ve never had this much power and authority. Feels kinda good man.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT