ADVERTISEMENT

For the non-vaccinated: Would an opportunity to get

It’s absolutely true that you can catch it with the vaccine. No one argues that. What people argue is that it’s much less likely, and your symptoms will be much less severe thanks to an advanced immune response. My wife and I are vaccinated, we got it as soon as we could as we were going to Mexico on our honeymoon in April and didn’t want to be stranded. We had some friends over two fridays ago for dinner and the opening ceremony of the olympics. 6/9 were unvaccinated. My wife, myself, and one other. 5/6 of the unvaccinated came down with COVID 4 days later. 0/3 vaccinated people came down with COVID. That’s an experience I saw with my own eyes. I was very thankful to have the vaccine when the texts started coming in from friends having it.

I have a coworker who didn’t want the vaccine. She got Covid last Monday. She was taken to the hospital yesterday by EMS with oxygen at 82. She has been admitted with pneumonia caused by Covid and is in her mid-40s.

This certainly isn’t just directed at you because you’re seeing the effects of Covid with a family member up close as well. This is to the other people in this thread asking why we care what they do with their bodies.

Most of us normal folks who support the vaccine support not seeing their friends and family sick as dogs and in the hospital. We aren’t sheep, we aren’t getting the shot to support Uncle Joe, or feel like we need to give up freedom or that it’s a political statement. We’re people that want to go to Clemson games and tailgate this fall without having to move a mask every time we wanna work on deleting a beer, or swelter in it in September in a 1/3 full stadium because people “aren’t gonna give up their freedom and be sheep” and the virus is still running absolutely rampant. I wanna go to concerts, go to Lowe’s and not get to the door and walk back to get my mask out of the truck. I don’t wanna go to family members or friends funerals. If it was a vacuum and anti-Vaxxers choices didn’t affect me, I wouldn’t give a flying shit what they did. But it does. I like to go to 200 person wedding receptions maskless, full stadium braves games, not see my wife miserable after another 12 hour shift of caring for Covid patients at the hospital. I don’t want to see my brother and his wife have birth complications having their first daughter in 2 weeks. I’d love to go see my niece and another nephew born two days ago in the hospital rather than just pictures. I don’t want what happened just to Chris Justus’ brother whose wife died 30 something weeks pregnant leaving 2 children and an emergency C-section delivered newborn behind with just their father. So yeah, I don’t really care what people do to themselves, but I’m selfish, and I care what people do to me and my loved ones.

And again I wanna reiterate that while I began this replying to you, this rant at the end is not directed to you.

You're speaking from personal experience and that's real for sure.

However, I'm sure you saw there was a pretty big outbreak in Massachusetts recently. I think there were around 500 people infected. Of those 75% were vaccinated, and many had to be hospitalized - as many as the unvaccinated hospitalizations. There was a MLB game cancelled recently as well. I think 15 players were positive. Of those 13 were vaccinated.

I personally know more vaccinated people who have tested positive than unvaccinated in the last month or so. Again; like you this is anecdotal information..

My belief is this . . . vaccinated people are the new superspreaders. There is proof the vaccine does not keep people from catching covid; nor does it stop them from spreading covid. That's established.

The real quandary is that the vaccine DOES reduce symptoms. Therefore you could have a vaccinated person who may have a touch of fever or a very slight cough that doesn't throw up a red flag for them because the symptoms are so mild. But, in reality they're covid positive. And, they perhaps feel more comfortable going maskless and not social distancing and therefore actually increasing the spread of covid. Superspreaders.

Vaccinated people should stay indoors and mask up to slow the spread.

When an unvaccinated person gets Covid, as I did, they quaranteen for a couple weeks then have the antibodies which are more effective than the vaccine anyway.

Now the argument could be made that if everyone was vaccinated then when they catch covid it's like catching the common cold, and people go on about their lives. But, I don't think you're going to get a large part of the population to inject themselves with a vaccine that was developed at "warp" speed and doesn't yet have full FDA approval. You're just not going to convince them to do it. Period.

My belief is that the medical community doesn't have a grasp on it yet. They're certainly getting there, but it's going to take a while, and we're going to have to deal with this for a while. It's not going away - just like the common flu.

Reactions: Essolover4
Yes - of course that's the point and that's not such a great outcome, IMO. Influenza struck in 1918 and we didn't have vaccine available until the 1940s. This lag was unavoidable, but now it is avoidable because of mRNA technology and advances in manufacturing. We could potentially eliminate COVID if we vaccinated the world's population.

Do you prefer the vaccine becomes ineffective and thousands of deaths annually? I would prefer the vaccine to be used, remain effective, and eliminate the virus.

Yes I would prefer that as well.

I guess what I'm say, though not very well, is that we have a vaccine for the flu, millions of people DON'T take it, and too many people die each year from the flu.

I think Covid is going to follow the same path.

There's also a lot of news that vaccinated folks have caught the virus. That doesn't fit the storyline, but it's the truth. The real truth is real scientists still can't figure this thing out much less the TI scientists.

My wife has been vaccinated. She has more immune system problems ( RA;Chronic Fatigue; Fibromyalgia; Celiac; and much more) than anyone else I know. She is STILL at risk. While folks debate mask vs. no mask, we quietly wear our masks as a means of protection. I'll debate wearing masks offline with anyone.
Lol at “news” of over 190 million that have had the vaccine and/or the virus the reinfection rate is less than 1/100,000. Less than a thousand deaths from that group as well.
As for 95+% of the masks people wear, picture a soccer net. Water vapor leaving your lungs at multiple feet per second are like wet soccer balls, the water on the ball being the virus. When the wet soccer ball hits the soccer net the water goes right through the comparatively huge holes in the net. This is exactly how it was described to me by a doctor who works in the COVID pods in Oconee and Greenville and many other doctors I've spoken too, off the record, in their homes, say the same thing.

Stanford’s Hoover institute reviewed 17 clinical studies on mask wearing efficacy last year and came up with the same conclusion.

Brown University’s study a couple months ago compared
Multiple schools that mandated masks and multiple schools that didn’t. The schools that mandated mask wearing had significantly HIGHER INFECTION RATES.

Download DuckDuckGo from your App Store and start asking your phone questions like: “studies show masks don’t work” Results on the common search engines are algorithmed to fit the narrative they want you to see- if you haven’t figured this out yet you’re in the dark

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT