ADVERTISEMENT

Forbes top 5 most dangerous cities in America

Just so you know, calling people racists just doesn’t carry the same weight it once did…you liberals have overplayed that fake hand far too much & now no one cares if they’re called one or not…
I submit the new definition of racist for consideration. It certainly fits the application by said liberals and is part of the reason it is losing its impact.

a person who is prejudiced against or antagonistic toward a liberals point of view.

A lot of these solutions presented in this thread are dealing with the end result or byproduct of the underlying causes. I'm all for preventative measures and lowering the numbers vs dealing with them after the fact. Of course stronger punishment would be a deterrent but I'd argue some or most of this could be alleviated up front. That's what the powers that be need to be pondering.....not how to put a bandage on the aftermath.

5. Memphis

4. Baltimore

3. Birmingham

2. Mobile

1. St Louis

Kinda shocked tbh. 2 small Alabama cities in top 3.

Surprised by omission of New Orleans for the biggie

And NO Chicago man that list must be wrong

Atlanta is pretty tough too

The cities keep coming to mind

My next door neighbor just moved from Philly

Said it was a crime hellhole that’s why she moved

Some areas I go to on occasion scare the Hell out of me

I'm saying inherently people do what they need to do to survive. A majority of crime is due to necessity
It isn't a crime when you have a license to do it. The other golden rule...The ones who have the gold make the rules.

You want to have a real conversation about a 2 tiered justice system, this is where it begins and ends. It isn't just the adjudication of the laws; in many cases it's the laws themselves.

It isn't a crime when you have a license to do it. The other golden rule...The ones who have the gold make the rules.

You want to have a real conversation about a 2 tiered justice system, this is where it begins and ends. It isn't just the adjudication of the laws; in many cases it's the laws themselves.
Now that's some next level bullshit. Anyone who steals and caught gets prosecuted. I do agree it takes money to make money but let's not act like the system is tilted. The only reason laws exist to begin with is because some dumbass did something stupid and the people made a law to prevent it. You act like laws are just magically made up. They were implemented out of necessity as well.

I'm saying inherently people do what they need to do to survive. A majority of crime is due to necessity

Crime to me is more about bad choices made by people

In SC gangs don’t rob because of survival

They rob and kill each other because its the ritual

The majority of crime in my opinion is due to lack of consequences

Unleash pure hell on the criminals and life will be better for the people who obey and respect laws

Reactions: CUPLAYER1
Now that's some next level bullshit. Anyone who steals and caught gets prosecuted. I do agree it takes money to make money but let's not act like the system is tilted. The only reason laws exist to begin with is because some dumbass did something stupid and the people made a law to prevent it. You act like laws are just magically made up. They were implemented out of necessity as well.
laws are generated by decades of life experiences

You don’t sit down and say lets think up some crimes to make laws against

people commit what gets defined as a crime then the elected government responds to it by creating a law

Hard to tell exactly since the crime map doesn’t have state lines, but sure looks like an awful lot of that dark red runs through states that have traditionally voted Republican.

So if we are to say that the most likely cause of the correlation between democratic counties and high murder rates is the poverty among its citizens, what are we to say about the policies at the state level and what they’re doing to resolve the poverty issues leading to this crime?

Is it possible that such maps and attempts to correlate crime rates with political affiliation are generally disingenuous?

Ton of SEC for sure. But there are pages of arguments here about red and blue mayors or states, urban or rural, etc. Yet I very clearly showed almost exact alignment between blue counties and high murder rates. The correlation is undeniable. Rural and urban.

The causation is the question. I don’t think it’s red state policies. The same correlation exists in large part in blue states. Look at the deadly southwest. And portions of CA. And that dark red spot (well blue if you look at the political map) in the northeastern part of IL, enough density to color the entire state blue.

And plenty of safe, non-murderous places in red states. Completely unaffected by whatever policies are made at the state level.

Gotta be something else.

Crime to me is more about bad choices made by people

In SC gangs don’t rob because of survival

They rob and kill each other because its the ritual

The majority of crime in my opinion is due to lack of consequences

Unleash pure hell on the criminals and life will be better for the people who obey and respect laws
I agree to an extent but I'd also argue those gangs originated due to a group of people feeling the need to protect each other and their belongings so as to survive. I deal with gang members year over year and most of them are not very smart and are indoctrinated in the lifestyle by 5th grade. It's all they know. A mean to an end. They don't believe in any other options.

Reactions: OleFastball
You've been trained well. You can rebut if you want but I'm putting you back on ignore so i won't see it. I just recently took everyone I had on ignore off, and I've noticed a huge spike in the overall level of shit posting. My powers of deduction tell me there's a correlation there somewhere.

Last edited:
  • Haha
There are plenty of studies that show an increase in punishment doesn’t deter criminals from committing crimes.

You’re wanting to address the symptom instead of the problem itself. You want to lower crime? Help bring people out of poverty. Provide children with the tools they need to succeed so they don’t feel the need to turn to a life of crime at a young age and end up going down that terrible cycle of prison hopping their whole life. There’s a reason recidivism in the US is so high compared to every other first world nation, and it’s not because we are too lax on offenders.

I agree to an extent but I'd also argue those gangs originated due to a group of people feeling the need to protect each other and their belongings so as to survive. I deal with gang members year over year and most of them are not very smart and are indoctrinated in the lifestyle by 5th grade. It's all they know. A mean to an end. They don't believe in any other options.

Let me add to the conversation I hope you will find educational

First let me identify myself as a white retired modestly successful person who has lived their entire life in an area that is 70 per cent black and 30 per cent white

To say I understand blacks would be unfair but i understand how people can feel helpless and hopeless

In my last few years of retirement I have started and joined some advocacy and community activism programs to help the unified community

The number one problem for the entire black community where I live and generally everywhere is the failure of the family units to be nuclear and also to push educational particularly in the young formative ages

We could have a huge conversation on this

A lot of people want to use systemic racism as a means to enflame and divide

That is hate and fear mongering to grab power

Real leaders push literacy and equal opportunity and avoid equity

That in itself is an argument I can easily explain

Lots of people think I sm hard core wrong

The honest is we have to get parents when they have children to raise them

Not this drop babies to get a check

now that is another problem

so it gets long and winded

just a bit of the problems

working on my end

don’t know if it will help but trying

I wanted to comment on the 5th grade statement

Literacy testing in most major BLUE cities finds that by grade 5 there are virtually NO students performing in tests at their expected level of education they should be at

I have contacts in Detroit where people have told me that only 3 per cent of the people in Detroit can fill out a job application

Baltimore educational systems have like 30 districts that tested 0 YES 0 districts that are literacy competent and at that point the gangs have control of the conversation

That's a great question. Imo there are 2 types of criminals:

1) just mentally unstable members of society who never got the help they needed (or due to drug use)

2) the poor who commit crimes to survive

Mental health is a huge issue in the country and is being addressed as best possible right now imo. Continuing to screen for and report suspected cases needs to continue. But you won't catch em all.

The poverty rate and the means by which some live is the biggest issue. Part of that can be addressed with #1 as poor can be as simple as a mindset. I've long thought our social programs dont do enough for the poor. They keep them alive and dependent. A program is needed to provide upwars movement for those born without much. Part of that solution would also be making sure ever child born into this country receives a birth gift from the government that includes multiple children's books to read and learn. The poverty rate, in my opinion, is directly linked to the literacy rate. And the crime rate is directly linked to the divorce/single parent household rate. So addressing these issues would be the foundation.
There are plenty of studies that show an increase in punishment doesn’t deter criminals from committing crimes.

You’re wanting to address the symptom instead of the problem itself. You want to lower crime? Help bring people out of poverty. Provide children with the tools they need to succeed so they don’t feel the need to turn to a life of crime at a young age and end up going down that terrible cycle of prison hopping their whole life. There’s a reason recidivism in the US is so high compared to every other first world nation, and it’s not because we are too lax on offenders.

I don’t buy this.

If I saw a bunch of footage of folks looting grocery stores I’d be more sympathetic. Heck if I saw a Barnes and Noble being looted I’d feel some sympathy but we all know a B&N is the safest place during a riot.

Instead….. I see ‘em looting Louis Vuitton/Chanel/Foot Locker/Burberry etc. in other words, I don’t wanna hear crime is due to poverty and necessity. They have money to buy cell phones, get tattoos, women have their nails and colored hair. Lot of evidence “poverty” is not the issue.

As for helping bring people out of poverty: the path is there. Stay in school, don’t get (or get a girl) pregnant, get married, stay married - Nick cannon is not a role model. Buy a book not the latest pair of sneakers. Get a job, there’s lots of those available now. But all of that requires work and commitment. And that’s the problem.

Last edited:
I don’t buy this.

If I saw a bunch of footage of folks looting grocery stores I’d be more sympathetic. Heck if I saw a Barnes and Noble being looted I’d feel some sympathy but we all know a B&N is the safest place during a riot.

Instead….. I see ‘em looting Louis Vuitton/Chanel/Foot Locker/Burberry etc. in other words, I don’t wanna hear crime is due to poverty and necessity. They have money to buy cell phones, get tattoos, women have their nails and colored hair. Lot of evidence “poverty” is not the issue.

As for helping bring people out of poverty: the path is there. Stay in school, don’t get (or get a girl) pregnant, get married, stay married - Nick cannon is not a role model. Buy a book not the latest pair of sneakers. Get a job, there’s lots of those available now. But all of that requires work and commitment. And that’s the problem.
Take a look at some of the studies below. Criminality isn't a monolith - there isn't just one reason why people commit crimes. However, the data out there suggests that there is indeed a strong correlation between poverty and crime.

What do you think the secondary market is for items of luxury that get stolen? What do you think a pawn shop will give for a new louis vuitton purse? Loot those items during a riot, keep some for personal use, sell others for cash. You seem to be stuck looking at the surface level and aren't digging deeper to truly understand motives. Also, i've seen plenty of pictures/videos of people looting grocery stores/targets/etc and running away with items of necessity. News channels always seem to focus on pictures of people stealing tv's and electronics, but there are absolutely people stealing food/water/toilet paper/etc.

https://academic.oup.com/aler/article/19/2/464/4091376 (very good study)

🤷🏼‍♂️
Maybe children growing up in broken poor homes with drug addicts spring boards them into a life of trauma. Our medical system is setup for profit, the medicaid and medicare systems only pay for treatment of certain codes. So if a child is exhibiting problems that could become worse, we can't treat them UNTIL they are diagnosed, and by that time they are worse. We lock kids up in kiddie jails with more violent offenders and the system makes them worse.

We pay social workers around 30% lass than teachers. 50% less than nurses...
We spend all our time arguing about manufactored trans people issues rather than solving actual problems.

Take a look at some of the studies below. Criminality isn't a monolith - there isn't just one reason why people commit crimes. However, the data out there suggests that there is indeed a strong correlation between poverty and crime.

What do you think the secondary market is for items of luxury that get stolen? What do you think a pawn shop will give for a new louis vuitton purse? Loot those items during a riot, keep some for personal use, sell others for cash. You seem to be stuck looking at the surface level and aren't digging deeper to truly understand motives. Also, i've seen plenty of pictures/videos of people looting grocery stores/targets/etc and running away with items of necessity. News channels always seem to focus on pictures of people stealing tv's and electronics, but there are absolutely people stealing food/water/toilet paper/etc.

https://academic.oup.com/aler/article/19/2/464/4091376 (very good study)

Forest for the trees.

Well it’s ok to steal a purse if I’m gonna sell it to a pawn shop? It’s ok to carjack a BMW because I’m poor? It’s ok to walk into a 16 year olds birthday party and shoot a couple folks because I’m poor? And why isn’t the violent crime rate as high in poor rural conservative parts of America?

Being “poor” does not (well, it shouldn’t) alleviate one of knowing the difference between right and wrong. I pointed out above there’s a way out of poverty in this country, the opportunity is there. It’s not a quick fix and I imagine it’s certainly not easy, but it’s there.

Maybe children growing up in broken poor homes with drug addicts spring boards them into a life of trauma. Our medical system is setup for profit, the medicaid and medicare systems only pay for treatment of certain codes. So if a child is exhibiting problems that could become worse, we can't treat them UNTIL they are diagnosed, and by that time they are worse. We lock kids up in kiddie jails with more violent offenders and the system makes them worse.

We pay social workers around 30% lass than teachers. 50% less than nurses...
We spend all our time arguing about manufactored trans people issues rather than solving actual problems.

Probably all factors. I’d add fatherless homes, a lack of parental responsibility, lack of focus on education and achievement, etc. Not sure the government can fix those issues, so we need these communities to fix them.

Also better real-world education. Basic finance, how to interview and prepare for a job, trade school pathways, nutrition coaching so you don’t end up an obese diabetic with medical bills, etc etc etc.

Totally agree there are real problems to solve and the fixation on trans stuff is dumb. Some of it the government can help and some is up to the people and communities.

Forest for the trees.

Well it’s ok to steal a purse if I’m gonna sell it to a pawn shop? It’s ok to carjack a BMW because I’m poor? It’s ok to walk into a 16 year olds birthday party and shoot a couple folks because I’m poor? And why isn’t the violent crime rate as high in poor rural conservative parts of America?

Being “poor” does not (well, it shouldn’t) alleviate one of knowing the difference between right and wrong. I pointed out above there’s a way out of poverty in this country, the opportunity is there. It’s not a quick fix and I imagine it’s certainly not easy, but it’s there.
I never said crime is OKAY. I was explaining the reasons/theories of why some people lead a life of crime, and how they got started down that path. By understanding the root causes of criminality you can better diagnose ways to prevent it from happening in the future.

Edit: Also, there is plenty of violence and crime in rural America:

(this article is all forms of deaths in Rural vs Urban areas, not just crime related.)

Reactions: fcctiger12
Probably all factors. I’d add fatherless homes, a lack of parental responsibility, lack of focus on education and achievement, etc. Not sure the government can fix those issues, so we need these communities to fix them.

Also better real-world education. Basic finance, how to interview and prepare for a job, trade school pathways, nutrition coaching so you don’t end up an obese diabetic with medical bills, etc etc etc.

Totally agree there are real problems to solve and the fixation on trans stuff is dumb. Some of it the government can help and some is up to the people and communities.

Dear ScotchTiger
I am going community work which works on the very premise of problems in the community and in a family must be fixed at the source

Your post said a mouthful which if every poster on here read it and practiced it we would be better off

For example children put down your cell phones

Then adults put down your cell phones

Children play outside

Adults play outside

Adults socialize

Children socialize

Goose and gander good for

Forest for the trees.

Mr Toad

The road out is start with childhood literacy

Then get an education to the highest level possible

Do not have a baby until you can afford it and are married

That trail alone will make you affluent

But most people want handouts through EQUITY

Give it to me despite no work to deserve it

Mr Toad

The road out is start with childhood literacy

Then get an education to the highest level possible

Do not have a baby until you can afford it and are married

That trail alone will make you affluent

But most people want handouts through EQUITY

Give it to me despite no work to deserve it
Yes I know. I posted the same in an earlier post.

My wife was an elementary school principal. She told me first day of kindergarten kids test, AA kids generally (but not exclusively) have 1/3rd the vocabulary of the others. They’re hopelessly behind on their first day of school. Sad.

Also said the kids start out not seeing race. They mostly get along great, have the same hopes/dreams/desires. But by end of elementary school they’re drifting apart.

Dear ScotchTiger
I am going community work which works on the very premise of problems in the community and in a family must be fixed at the source

Your post said a mouthful which if every poster on here read it and practiced it we would be better off

For example children put down your cell phones

Then adults put down your cell phones

Children play outside

Adults play outside

Adults socialize

Children socialize

Goose and gander good for
Lol...you think putting down cell phones is going to help with crime? Jfc yall are ridiculous. Lets start with the premise of you dont understand anything as to what we could do systemically to save kids from poverty and trauma which prevents career criminals.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT