ADVERTISEMENT

Free Speech

Copy and Pasted from Newsweek opinion piece.

For the past few weeks, journalists have been reporting on what they've found in the "Twitter Files"—thousands and thousands of documents they were given access to by Twitter's new owner and CEO, the billionaire Elon Musk. The revelations have been astonishing and deeply troubling, exposing solid evidence of collusion between top executives at the FBI and their cozy counterparts at Twitter.

The evidence is now all out there: The FBI handed out Top Secret security clearances to Twitter employees, ostensibly without the weeks of extensive background checking that I and other top Justice Department officials had to undergo.

We are dancing around the real issue: Should the internet be considered a utility and regulated by the government. Same as the telephone and electric grid. You want mandated free speech on the internet? Thats how you get it.
Great point on telephone and electric grid.

There is no Free Speech restriction on telephone use. Even though there are a few restrictions, all citizens are HARASSED daily by robocalls, people impersonation using call masking or restricting their outgoing number.

In order to combat that, phone companies created call blocking, crowd sourcing “spam” labels, etc. It sucks. It wastes our time but we are able to easily dismiss it.

The internet’s onset of promise was much like the telephone. Even though there are forms of dislike and harassment, just ignore the things you don’t like. We do it everyday with the phone. Suppressing commentary only creates more distrust regarding the platform you are providing.

In some places, the Bible amongst many other books which were burned by conservatives
Ok, you name the book and lets see if we can purchase it?

There is no book ban.

There is disagreement on which books are age appropriate, but that is not anywhere close to being a ban.

• Haha
Reactions: DW4_2016
Ok, you name the book and lets see if we can purchase it?

There is no book ban.

There is disagreement on which books are age appropriate, but that is not anywhere close to being a ban.
Why did you guys have book burning parties? Forgot to read the history books before you burned them?

Didn't read a single post.
Have no idea what you folks are talking about.

Just have a comment.

Free Speech is not Free.
The whole argument is that it should be free. But you are correct it is not. That doesn't mean we can't keep fighting for it.

• Love
Reactions: tigerworx
Depends on whether I am interested and have a few free minutes or not.

If you read the actual gateway pundit articles, you would see that the content of the article doesn’t even support the scandalous headline 50% of the time.

Reactions: yoshi121374
If you read the actual gateway pundit articles, you would see that the content of the article doesn’t even support the scandalous headline 50% of the time.
Props to you for supporting TGP by reading the articles bro.

Props to you for supporting TGP by reading the articles bro.

I used to read the garbage you posted, and then I would point out to you that the article did not actually support the headline. Then it became apparent to me that you a deranged person, and no amount of logic, reason, or evidence was going to get you to change your mind once it was made up.

I used to read the garbage you posted, and then I would point out to you that the article did not actually support the headline. Then it became apparent to me that you a deranged person, and no amount of logic, reason, or evidence was going to get you to change your mind once it was made up.
Not true. You just cannot currently decipher facts and truth in your current hypnotized state.

• Haha
Reactions: DW4_2016
Not true. You just cannot currently decipher facts and truth in your current hypnotized state.

Even the majority of conservatives on here think you are a ****ing idiot. We all must be hypnotized, and you are the only one unplugged from the matrix.

Not unlike your belief that trump is the only honest man in America.

Who do you think Gen Z will listen to - Matt Walsh or Taylor Swift?

"Taylor Swift urges fans to hold lawmakers accountable in the voting booth amid ongoing anti-queer legislation in the US: “We can’t talk about Pride without talking about pain. Right now and recently there have been so many harmful pieces of legislation that have put people in the LGBTQ+ and queer community at risk. It’s painful for everyone. Every ally. Every loved one. Every person in these communities. And that’s why I’m always posting, ‘This is when the midterms are. This is when these important key primaries are.’ We can support as much as we want during Pride Month, but if we’re not doing our research on these elected officials, are they actually advocates? Are they allies? Are they protectors of equality? Do I want to vote for them"
I keep hearing this parroted. But, no one is willing to point out which pieces of legislation exactly are putting these people at risk.

Reactions: jakefest
I keep hearing this parroted. But, no one is willing to point out which pieces of legislation exactly are putting these people at risk.

I could post about the 45 state laws that have been passed in 2023. The response you will parrot will be “but those are to protect kids!” Even though several specifically target adults.

This is the exact game plan that the right used years ago to go after gays. They painted all gays as groomers and pedophiles, and the war was on. They have found their new war against trans to fire up the base. Notice you don’t see too many republican candidates out there talking about how they will tackle inflation or the debt or even the border? They are talking about woke, and trans people.

Legislation that stops trans athletes from competing in girls sports I actually agree with, although I think they should establish a trans category. But jailing parents who give their kids gender affirming care? All small government conservatives should be against that.

Last edited:
What kind of climate is created for this community when there are hundreds of bills directed at making them invisible? Especially when framed as an attempt to protect children that this community has no interest in harming. Can you understand how this would create a hostile environment for them?

I could post about the 45 state laws that have been passed in 2023. The response you will parrot will be “but those are to protect kids!” Even though several specifically target adults.

This is the exact game plan that the right used years ago to go after gays. They painted all gays as groomers and pedophiles, and the war was in. They have found their new war against trans to fire up the base. Notice you don’t see too many republican candidates out there talking about how they will tackle inflation or the debt or even the border? They are talking about woke, and trans people.

Legislation that stops trans athletes from competing in girls sports I actually agree with, although I think they should establish a trans category. But jailing parents who give their kids gender affirming care? All small government conservatives should be against that.
I don’t really give a shit what adults do. And frankly, I’m sick of the behavior on both sides of the trans issue. I truly don’t give a shit. Not sure the government should be involved in those parenting/healthcare decisions. That said, the lack of data on long term effects/developmental effects/and based on cognitive/decision making ability, minors shouldn’t be allowed to make that decision, especially with studies emerging out of Norway, the UK, and other Euro countries finding high levels of correlation between mental and/or developmental issues and gender dysphoria in minors.

Reactions: jakefest
I don’t really give a shit what adults do. And frankly, I’m sick of the behavior on both sides of the trans issue. I truly don’t give a shit. Not sure the government should be involved in those parenting/healthcare decisions. That said, the lack of data on long term effects/developmental effects/and based on cognitive/decision making ability, minors shouldn’t be allowed to make that decision, especially with studies emerging out of Norway, the UK, and other Euro countries finding high levels of correlation between mental and/or developmental issues and gender dysphoria in minors.

I mostly agree with you, but what has been really twisted on the right is that minors aren't and have never been able to change their gender without parents,Doctors, psych eval etc. This is not an issue at all, it's just another weaponized fear tactic to mobilize straight,white,men.

I mostly agree with you, but what has been really twisted on the right is that minors aren't and have never been able to change their gender without parents,Doctors, psych eval etc. This is not an issue at all, it's just another weaponized fear tactic to mobilize straight,white,men.
It has. I think the rhetoric has gotten more aggressive (on both sides), and I think the issue has become political for some in the healthcare/advocacy arenas and the social opposition which is problematic. It means the issue is treated as a zero sum game and is in this constant state of gridlock. If I see a study 10 years from now that shows….let’s say - early transitions are better for long term health or create improvement in developmental issues in minors with legitimate gender dysphoria - or something like that, I’m open to listening. Right now, this issue is so socially and politically fraught, and the body of research so small that I have a hard time supporting life altering treatments/therapeutics/surgeries for minors.

That said, the politically charged rhetoric and hate is over the top, unnecessary, and frankly unproductive. Both sides are guilty of it, and the issue is there is so little constructive dialogue that real progress can’t be made. I think that’s the other layer of this that is so frustrating. The vast majority of people in this country want - generally speaking - the same things. They may have differing ideas about how to achieve them or what to prioritize, etc. But, messaging gets hijacked by the worst extremes of each side of the political spectrum leading to this constant state of divisive resentment. I don’t know what the solution is, because it’s probably going to take time and be multifaceted. But, man this country could use a young, charismatic, leader capable of unifying and generating some positivity. Sorry to ramble.

It has. I think the rhetoric has gotten more aggressive (on both sides), and I think the issue has become political for some in the healthcare/advocacy arenas and the social opposition which is problematic. It means the issue is treated as a zero sum game and is in this constant state of gridlock. If I see a study 10 years from now that shows….let’s say - early transitions are better for long term health or create improvement in developmental issues in minors with legitimate gender dysphoria - or something like that, I’m open to listening. Right now, this issue is so socially and politically fraught, and the body of research so small that I have a hard time supporting life altering treatments/therapeutics/surgeries for minors.

That said, the politically charged rhetoric and hate is over the top, unnecessary, and frankly unproductive. Both sides are guilty of it, and the issue is there is so little constructive dialogue that real progress can’t be made. I think that’s the other layer of this that is so frustrating. The vast majority of people in this country want - generally speaking - the same things. They may have differing ideas about how to achieve them or what to prioritize, etc. But, messaging gets hijacked by the worst extremes of each side of the political spectrum leading to this constant state of divisive resentment. I don’t know what the solution is, because it’s probably going to take time and be multifaceted. But, man this country could use a young, charismatic, leader capable of unifying and generating some positivity. Sorry to ramble.

I agree 100%. The wackos on both sides are being given way to big of a voice. The reality is that most of America is is the middle and really isn't far apart except for small nuance.

Reactions: BionicTiger
I deal with twitters public policy and government relations teams weekly. It is even worse behind the scenes than what you see publicly. Staff have no control and can't make decisions and are not applying policies consistently. It's an absolute mess that's going to wreck havoc on our democratic process. And the people they are hiring don't have the right experience and they are making stupid decisions to appease their new god-king. Absolute shit show.

I deal with twitters public policy and government relations teams weekly. It is even worse behind the scenes than what you see publicly. Staff have no control and can't make decisions and are not applying policies consistently. It's an absolute mess that's going to wreck havoc on our democratic process. And the people they are hiring don't have the right experience and they are making stupid decisions to appease their new god-king. Absolute shit show.

Don't tell @OleFastball, he's convinced Twitter is the new Standard for Media and communication in America.

It takes a while to rid communism. It's very hard for the communists to understand that Free Speech means Free Speech, but Elon is helping them.

How do you think it is wreaking havoc on our democratic process? What does that mean exactly?

This is the exact game plan that the right used years ago to go after gays. They painted all gays as groomers and pedophiles, and the war was on. They have found their new war against trans to fire up the base. Notice you don’t see too many republican candidates out there talking about how they will tackle inflation or the debt or even the border? They are talking about woke, and trans people.

Republicans don't need to tackle inflation or the border, Trump showed how to run the economy with low inflation and high growth. Trump showed you what he would do with the border. It's up to the democrats to explain how their policies create such rampant inflation and why the border leaks like a sieve.

Glad that you agree trannies shouldn't participate in women's sports. Something we can agree on is that they should have their own category. I think the majority of republicans and democrats would agree on that.

We don't want to jail the parents, although they likely suffer from mental illness and need help, but the doctors performing the mutilation on minors should be jailed. We should all be able to agree on that also. Small government doesn't mean no government. Most of the LGB's dont want to be lumped in with the T's and Q's anyway.

Conservatives:
- we are for free speech above all else.

Also conservatives:
- get that son of a bitch Kapernick off of the field!
- ban those books!
- ban all drag shows!

I could go on.
Liberals:
- We are for free speech above all else

Also Liberals:
- As long as the content agrees with my skewed view of the world
- As long as the content doesn't hurt my feelings
- As long as I have the right to influence other children
- As long as the content isn't Christian.

I could go on.

Republicans don't need to tackle inflation or the border, Trump showed how to run the economy with low inflation and high growth. Trump showed you what he would do with the border. It's up to the democrats to explain how their policies create such rampant inflation and why the border leaks like a sieve.

Glad that you agree trannies shouldn't participate in women's sports. Something we can agree on is that they should have their own category. I think the majority of republicans and democrats would agree on that.

We don't want to jail the parents, although they likely suffer from mental illness and need help, but the doctors performing the mutilation on minors should be jailed. We should all be able to agree on that also. Small government doesn't mean no government. Most of the LGB's dont want to be lumped in with the T's and Q's anyway.

For the record, Trump had no plans, he still has no plans. He just has insults and hatred. It's pretty obvious why you love him.

I love your blanket statements that have no basis in facts. Where in the world do you come up with dumbass statements like "Most of the LGB's don't want to be lumped in with the T's and Q's"

Just because you don't agree with them or support them, how about not calling people names such as "Trannies"

Liberals:

Also Liberals:

I could go on.

Give me real examples of any of those things.

Yet another swing and a miss, little guy.

kid-sports.gif

Liberals:

Also Liberals:

I could go on.

Do you... know any liberals?

Your liberal friends are clamoring for free speech rights?

Anyone who says they are for free speech above all else is absolutely not a liberal.

Liberals and conservatives and any American for that matter should all support free speech. Because if you don't it will be turned against you one day. Fact.

Even the majority of conservatives on here think you are a ****ing idiot. We all must be hypnotized, and you are the only one unplugged from the matrix.

Not unlike your belief that trump is the only honest man in America.
I stand by my opinions and tens of millions at minimum agree with me. More than a few think you are a total F**Keen dumb@$$ as well.

Reactions: OleFastball
The US is basically ignoring those specific studies, some even discrediting them to continue pushing for 12 year olds to make lifetime altering medical decisions and in some states without their parent's knowledge or consent.

I do not get how anyone thinks a 12 year old is mature enough to own such a decision. Crazy times we live in

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT