ADVERTISEMENT

Free Speech

The US is basically ignoring those specific studies, some even discrediting them to continue pushing for 12 year olds to make lifetime altering medical decisions and in some states without their parent's knowledge or consent.

I do not get how anyone thinks a 12 year old is mature enough to own such a decision. Crazy times we live in

That 12 year old is making a decision with parents, doctors, psychiatrists, etc.

Yall are so ****ing stupid you really believe a kid wakes up and says they are a different gender, and the parents schedule surgery later that day.

I would say that the right's war on trans was strange, but it mirrors your war on gays from a few years ago.

Oh, and nikki haley in her town hall saying that the rising suicide rate of teenage girls in this country is happening because they are forced to share locker rooms with trans boys? That is the sickest shit I have heard from you sick ****s to date, and that is saying a lot.

Reactions: yoshi121374
That 12 year old is making a decision with parents, doctors, psychiatrists, etc.

Yall are so ****ing stupid you really believe a kid wakes up and says they are a different gender, and the parents schedule surgery later that day.

I would say that the right's war on trans was strange, but it mirrors your war on gays from a few years ago.

Oh, and nikki haley in her town hall saying that the rising suicide rate of teenage girls in this country is happening because they are forced to share locker rooms with trans boys? That is the sickest shit I have heard from you sick ****s to date, and that is saying a lot.
Exactly, Republicans were desperate for a new culture war issue to animate their base after they failed to stop gay marriage. Assholes...

“We knew we needed to find an issue that the candidates were comfortable talking about,” said Terry Schilling, the president of American Principles Project, a social conservative advocacy group. “And we threw everything at the wall.”

What has stuck, somewhat unexpectedly, is the issue of transgender identity, particularly among young people. Today, the effort to restrict transgender rights has supplanted same-sex marriage as an animating issue for social conservatives at a pace that has stunned political leaders across the spectrum. It has reinvigorated a network of conservative groups, increased fund-raising and set the agenda in school boards and state legislatures.

The campaign has been both organic and deliberate, and has even gained speed since Donald J. Trump, an ideological ally, left the White House. Since then, at least 20 states, all controlled by Republicans, have enacted laws that reach well beyond the initial debates over access to bathrooms and into medical treatments, participation in sports and policies on discussing gender in schools.

Do we let 12 year olds decide to drink beer? Do we let 12 year olds decide to vote? Do we let 12 years olds decide whether to go to school or not?

Thats what parenting is about. When your male child says "I feel like a girl" your job as a parent is to say that's fine go do some ballet or wear some pink pants for a while. It's not ok for a parent to say "maybe you should mutilate your body" or "here, take these life altering drugs". That is a failure in parenting.

We don't tell anorexic girls that they look great, we get them help so they can start eating better and treating their body better.

The government regulates doctors heavily. We told them what they could say about Covid. We told them what medicines they could prescribe. We should regulate the doctors and imprison any doctor that performs genital mutilation on a child. We should revoke the license of any doctor who prescribes puberty blockers to children.

We should reject gender ideology at every turn. Its not grounded in science. You can't change your sex.

Last edited:
Reactions: TigerGrowls

Lolz......I mean, yeah definitely isn't happening.

Reactions: yoshi121374
Great point on telephone and electric grid.

There is no Free Speech restriction on telephone use. Even though there are a few restrictions, all citizens are HARASSED daily by robocalls, people impersonation using call masking or restricting their outgoing number.

In order to combat that, phone companies created call blocking, crowd sourcing “spam” labels, etc. It sucks. It wastes our time but we are able to easily dismiss it.

The internet’s onset of promise was much like the telephone. Even though there are forms of dislike and harassment, just ignore the things you don’t like. We do it everyday with the phone. Suppressing commentary only creates more distrust regarding the platform you are providing.
Again.. we are dancing around the issues. Are you Elon stans claiming the government should force private companies to mot suppress users speech?

The gop has manufactured outrage about trans people just like they have for crt. It's manufactured outrage because they need you morons focused on that while they almost destroy our economy because they can't be bothered to pay for the things they already passed for in the budget. Quick question: why was no one talking g about discretionary spending during thr debt ceiling discussions? Hmmmm anyway yah trans people totally want to **** kids. That will keep you idiots busy.

Lolz.

Is that undercover reporter a 12 year old boy?

How is that even remotely relevant to what I said?

You continue to embarrass yourself.

Why would we need laws passed if it's not happening?

Why would we need laws passed if it's not happening?

I don't see anything in that article regarding surgery on minors. Upon review of the bill in question, nothing in it relates to surgery, either.

Reactions: nytigerfan
Again.. we are dancing around the issues. Are you Elon stans claiming the government should force private companies to mot suppress users speech?

It’s bad enough that private companies not just suppress speech but actually fabricate and make things up.

Knowing that it’s impossible to address either, putting in “guardrails” to make any private company to allow all conversation is futile.

So…. What do you do….
I don’t care what private companies do in terms of them being “Free Speech” platforms other than be straightforward about their mission:

- that we allow all conversations but we will refer criminal activity to proper authorities.
- or, we take down conversations that we don’t adhere to for whatever the reasons

So, if you want a limited scope “religious” platform for example. That’s fine, just say we will take down posts we don’t agree with.

If you are Twitter(Elon) and claim to be a true Free Speech platform, you don’t take anything down unless it’s a true illegal action where authorities have been engaged.

Just stop lying to the public constantly. Say and be who you are.

The gop has manufactured outrage about trans people just like they have for crt. It's manufactured outrage because they need you morons focused on that while they almost destroy our economy because they can't be bothered to pay for the things they already passed for in the budget. Quick question: why was no one talking g about discretionary spending during thr debt ceiling discussions? Hmmmm anyway yah trans people totally want to **** kids. That will keep you idiots busy.

giphy.gif

Reactions: dpic73
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT