ADVERTISEMENT

Got the omicron

If flu shots were taken more than once a year they would likely be more effective. Covid shots have not been out long enough to really determine effectiveness in preventing infection. Both Delta and Omicron have had an impact on effectiveness and will have to be included in any calculations in the coming year. You can’t just look back at the initial shots and say oh yay it’s 70% effective when it is now clearly nowhere near that.
Covid vaccines have still been much more effective against the variants that existed when they were developed, and against delta. We’re talking about over 99% effectiveness for mRNA vaccines, too. As far as omicron goes: https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/9123578002.

How many people who had Covid last year are getting the Omicron?
What’s more effective - having the vaccine or having Covid last winter? Does having Covid earlier lessen the symptoms of a reinfection?

How many people who had Covid last year are getting the Omicron?
What’s more effective - having the vaccine or having Covid last winter? Does having Covid earlier lessen the symptoms of a reinfection?
Lots are getting it, although vaccine boosters have been pretty effective. According to an UK study, people who were vaccinated a while ago and not boosted and people who just have recovered have less than 20% effectiveness. Boosters are between something like 60% and 80% effective.

At any rate, I don’t think we should care very much about cases of the omicron variant, especially among vaccinated people.

I’m 95% recovered from it starting last Saturday. Started with mild draining and mild cough as a result of the draining. Then lethargy, more draining and cough days 2-3. Then an incredible burst of energy day 4. Then it pretty much morphed into a mild head cold. Then suddenly yesterday it all just sorta disappeared.

I had no fever and strangely couldn’t sleep. Outside of not sleeping well and the cough, it was fine.

I’m two shot vaccinated. My 76, not in shape unvaccinated father is also recovering with probably even less symptoms. My wife, who’s in healthcare, in perfect shape and 3 shots in had a strong fever for 36 hours.

Everyone around me in Charlotte seems to have it now or is recovered. Regardless of vax status, age, health status, etc the stories are all the same. I wouldn’t worry too much. This is the variant to get if you haven’t had covid as of yet.
I had the almost exact same experience. Not being able to sleep was rough and coughing hard just to clear ur congestion were the biggest things. I lost my voice cause of that but that's it.
My suggestion to anyone who tests positive is get ahead of the cough/sinus issues even if you don't have symptoms. Besides that its just a waiting game.

FWIW Omnicron has Clemson very concerned. It is apparently so contagious that they don't think the current testing protocols will be able to contain it.

Now for the good news - apparently contagiousness and severity are a sliding scale with most viruses. So if the virus is very contagious like Omnicron is, it typically isn't very severe. So even though it will likely run rampant through the campus, there will probably be very few severe illnesses.

There are multiple practitioners (ones who actually treat patients w/ COVID) who strongly believe in the protocol I listed.

I got both prescriptions well before I ever got Covid. Was inevitable that I would get it at some point & I strongly oppose the “do nothing unless you need to be hospitalized” method that most in the medical community subscribe to.
A Z-pack is helpful if you are starting to come down with Covid pneumonia. It is of no help if you don’t have some sort of infection.

Reactions: ChicagoTiger85
And my experience with it was far different. It’s not a one-size-fits-all calculus. People like me who are in zero of the high-risk groups have no reason to get this vaccine other than social pressure and government overreaitger

I'm just saying the fact that this was so well publicized gave a lot of people pause. That's all.
an anti vaxxer will look for anything to give them "pause",, if there was a lawsuit alternative right now, can you imagine all the frivolous litigation that would exist from the Joe Rogans and Aaron Rodgers of the world ? We had an outspoken antivaxxer parent ( father) in charleston county who had filed an anti masking suit against the county school board on behalf of his three children.... he died a couple months ago from covid while the suit was still pending ...

Last edited:
I'm honestly glad you aren't looking at VAERS.

So--let me try to understand--you are saying there is a causal link to miscarriages and stillborn deaths from the vaccine?_

There are published peer reviewed studies that disprove this (maybe they can be disputed though...): https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2784193

And this fact-check: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...iscarriages-since-vaccine-rollout/7062549002/

But I would actually like to know where you are getting your numbers and data from? I'm always open to new information and agree that we shouldn't confirm pre-existing bias.
Here is the latest article I read with studies from both here and around the world:

There are other good articles there as well. They stick to the science and leave politics out of it. I’m extremely thankful for that!

A Z-pack is an antibiotic which only treats bacterial infections. They aren't indicated for viral infections.

People overdo antibiotics. They kill good bacteria as well. You shouldn’t be taking it for covid, certainly not in a preventative capacity.

Maintain a healthy weight, eat well, sleep well, take your vitamins, exercise and get fresh air and sunshine.

The basics work.

Here is the latest article I read with studies from both here and around the world:

There are other good articles there as well. They stick to the science and leave politics out of it. I’m extremely thankful for that!
A psychiatrist ? really ?

People overdo antibiotics. They kill good bacteria as well. You shouldn’t be taking it for covid, certainly not in a preventative capacity.

Maintain a healthy weight, eat well, sleep well, take your vitamins, exercise and get fresh air and sunshine.

The basics work.
It is a good idea to live by the basics for numerous reasons but vitamin d is not going to be more effective than a vaccine.

The basics work.
True, and many don't finish the entire course when they are supposed to take them, which is why they are becoming ineffective and we have created a bunch of superbugs that nothing can treat anymore. Simply evolution at a fast pace. The antibiotics kill off the weaker bacteria first, and if you don't finish the course, you leave just the strongest bacteria alive to multiply.

True, and many don't finish the entire course when they are supposed to take them, which is why they are becoming ineffective and we have created a bunch of superbugs that nothing can treat anymore. Simply evolution at a fast pace. The antibiotics kill off the weaker bacteria first, and if you don't finish the course, you leave just the strongest bacteria alive to multiply.
Just like the unvaccinated leave room for Covid to mutate and continue onward.

• Haha
Reactions: dual_tiger
The funny thing about this statement is that several experts believe that this so called( per your words) unvaxxed created omicron variant may just be the end of the pandemic. I guess if that becomes true you vaccine nazis just stalled the end of the pandemic. haha

Last edited:
The funny thing about this statement is that several experts believe that this so called( per your words) unvaxxed created omicron variant may just be the end of the pandemic. I guess if that becomes true you vaccine nazis just stalled the end of the pandemic. haha
lets hope it is . So many will catch this one that it could mark the beginning of the end. On the other hand, since it is a milder form, will the natural immunity be strong enough to combat any later variants amongst those who remain unvaccinate ? The unvaccinated will make sure we find out. And no, the vaccinated do not stall the end of the pandemic.

lets hope it is . So many will catch this one that it could mark the beginning of the end. On the other hand, since it is a milder form, will the natural immunity be strong enough to combat any later variants amongst those who remain unvaccinate ? The unvaccinated will make sure we find out. And no, the vaccinated do not stall the end of the pandemic.
Or…maybe if we had let nature take its course this pandemic ending omicron variant that was created by the anti vaxxed may have gotten here sooner thus ending this last year. Also for the vaccinated that don’t contract omicron will their immunity be able to combat any future variants as it seems to be mostly infective in preventing contraction of the latest variant.

• Haha
Reactions: ClemsonO.Co
Or…maybe if we had let nature take its course this pandemic ending omicron variant that was created by the anti vaxxed may have gotten here sooner thus ending this last year. Also for the vaccinated that don’t contract omicron will their immunity be able to combat any future variants as it seems to be mostly infective in preventing contraction of the latest variant.
The answer is no and no..... .however, vaccinations dramatically reduce hospitlization and death, Other than that, i cant understand a damn thing you are talking about, and i am glad i dont ...

Reactions: dpic73
The answer is no and no..... .however, vaccinations dramatically reduce hospitlization and death, Other than that, i cant understand a damn thing you are talking about, and i am glad i dont ...
And you know this how exactly? Your previous statements were very speculative in nature so I thought I would speculate as well. I mean really how can you possibly know that the next variant won’t increase hospitalization and death amongst the vaccinated without previous infection? For all we know previous infection may prove to be a better protection then vaccination alone.

And you know this how exactly? Your previous statements were very speculative in nature so I thought I would speculate as well. I mean really how can you possibly know that the next variant won’t increase hospitalization and death amongst the vaccinated without previous infection? For all we know previous infection may prove to be a better protection then vaccination alone.
we can wonder and speculate about the future, but for past and present, the vaxxers are right and the antivaxxers are wrong... i dont see any evidence of that changing in the future..

we can wonder and speculate about the future, but for past and present, the vaxxers are right and the antivaxxers are wrong... i dont see any evidence of that changing in the future..
Why in your mind are there only two categories? What about the folks who have immunity due to previous infection? Let me guess you are one of those deniers who believe that isn’t a thing right? Also shouldn’t it be anti Covid vaccine? I seriously doubt most of the folks you are referring to actually are as you say antivax. I would be willing to bet most of them have at least had polio mumps and the like vaccines. As far as the present goes I bet 3 to 6 months ago you didn’t foresee the amount of breakthrough infections for the vaccinated that are occurring now. Just saying.

Why in your mind are there only two categories? What about the folks who have immunity due to previous infection? Let me guess you are one of those deniers who believe that isn’t a thing right? Also shouldn’t it be anti Covid vaccine? I seriously doubt most of the folks you are referring to actually are as you say antivax. I would be willing to bet most of them have at least had polio mumps and the like vaccines. As far as the present goes I bet 3 to 6 months ago you didn’t foresee the amount of breakthrough infections for the vaccinated that are occurring now. Just saying.
Putting him on ignore will be a good thing for you. He describes in his posts how the vaccinated aren’t protected from getting and spreading yet blames the unvaxed for the spreading…….

He has no idea what he’s taking about, he’s simply parroting what he’s heard.

i had covid last december and i had it pretty bad. I had the j and j in march. I had moderna about three weeks ago. When a vaccinated gets a breakthrough case, it likely came from an unvaccinated person, or , even more likely , from several in one event. And if the vaccinated passes it to an unvaccinated, then the unvax is usually getting a watered down version, since the vaxxed has a much shorter period of being contagious. Although infection is a concern , as we will see in Omicron with so many people simply missing work die to illness, the main concern is hospitalization and the pressure it puts on our healthcare system. Call it what you will, antivax, antishot, anticovidshot, whatever.... it doesnt change the fact that the antivaxxers are wrong on so many levels about this, and that the vaxxers and front line workers are carrying your water, and it is getting old.

Putting him on ignore will be a good thing for you. He describes in his posts how the vaccinated aren’t protected from getting and spreading yet blames the unvaxed for the spreading…….

The vax are much more protected than an unvaxxed.. Depending on which study, anywhere from seven to twelve times. The odds of a vaccinated person passing it on to another vaccinated person is extremely low. You can always find a vaxxed person in the spread link, but you will not find as many and you sure as hell wont find as many of the vaxxed in the ICU , the ventilator, or the cemetery. You anti vax guys need to take a walk through a covid unit so the doctors and nurses working 15 hours a day can personally slap you up side the head. . You know they would love to. ANd yeah, feel free to hit the ignore button anytime , brother,

Last edited:

Unreal that we're still discussing this like vaccination makes no difference

"Pfizer and Moderna’s vaccines, the most widely administered shots in the U.S., are only about 10% effective at preventing symptomatic infection from omicron 20 weeks after the second dose. Booster doses, however, increase protection and are up to 75% effective at preventing infection two to four weeks after receiving a third shot."

The vax are much more protected than an unvaxxed.. Depending on which study, anywhere from seven to twelve times. The odds of a vaccinated person passing it on to another vaccinated person is extremely low. You can always find a vaxxed person in the spread link, but you w find as many and you sure as hell wont find as many of us faxxed in the ICU , the ventilator, and the cemetery. You guys need to take a walk through a covid unit so the doctors and nurses working 15 hours a day can personally slap you up side the head. . You know they would love to. ANd yeah, feel free to hit the ignore button anytime , brother,
I would be very interested in reading the studies that suggest the omicron variant in particular is being spread more frequently by nonvaxxed than vaxxed. Not sure that is the case anymore especially considering the amount of folks vaccinated and the rate this thing is spreading. Oh and I love how you dodged the natural immunity question nice pivot. People like you won’t even acknowledge it as giving any protection even though that thinking is contrary to not only nature but large studies as well. I guess it doesn’t fit the you are with me or against me narrative.

Unreal that we're still discussing this like vaccination makes no difference

"Pfizer and Moderna’s vaccines, the most widely administered shots in the U.S., are only about 10% effective at preventing symptomatic infection from omicron 20 weeks after the second dose. Booster doses, however, increase protection and are up to 75% effective at preventing infection two to four weeks after receiving a third shot."

So who is arguing it doesn’t have any effect? That is about as crazy as the deniers who claim natural immunity from previous infection has no effect. Nice information though didn’t realize having two shots was that ineffective vs omicron. So having a booster has a ceiling of 75% protection from omicron as well. Interesting. Without going through the whole link what is this expected length of protection time wise from this booster.

So who is arguing it doesn’t have any effect? That is about as crazy as the deniers who claim natural immunity from previous infection has no effect. Nice information though didn’t realize having two shots was that ineffective vs omicron. So having a booster has a ceiling of 75% protection from omicron as well. Interesting. Without going through the whole link what is this expected length of protection from this booster supposed to last?
I have never argued that natural immunity doesn't offer some protection, but it's not as long-lasting as vaccination and the combination is even better still. For most people when presented with options of Good-Better-Best they will choose Best, especially when it's FREE! But not with this vaccination they won't because owning the libs is much more important! SMH

Who knows how long the booster will last, it was just authorized for everybody end of November. But they're working on an Omicron specific vaccine now and Walter Reed has developed a vaccine that supposedly targets all current and future variants. If they are FDA approved, I'll be happy to take another shot.

I have never argued that natural immunity doesn't offer some protection, but it's not as long-lasting as vaccination and the combination is even better still. For most people when presented with options of Good-Better-Best they will choose Best, especially when it's FREE! But not with this vaccination they won't because owning the libs is much more important! SMH

Who knows how long the booster will last, it was just authorized for everybody end of November. But they're working on an Omicron specific vaccine now and Walter Reed has developed a vaccine that supposedly targets all current and future variants. If they are FDA approved, I'll be happy to take another shot.
Hmm. I am not sure there is enough data collected to say one way or another if natural immunity is as long lasting or not but I can see why you would lean that way and I will leave it at that. As far as owning the libs that maybe true for some but that is painting with a very broad brush don’t you think. I know personally owning libs as you say never crossed my mind. I had Covid before I could get vaccinated. Just as you felt your 2 shots was enough protection until it wasn’t that’s my same thought with my natural immunity. I have tested my antibodies every month since two months post infection without fail. My results for 11 months have been positive and my total antibodies (not that it tales the whole story) have been the same since test one. To add empirical evidence to this we have had what is probably a omicron outbreak at work the last two weeks. My vaccinated coworkers and I (all of us wearing masks) we’re exposed to the same person for about the same amount of time. Six of them got sick and I have not so far as confirmed by a pcr test. Either I am better at dodging bullets or my natural immunity is.

The vax are much more protected than an unvaxxed.. Depending on which study, anywhere from seven to twelve times. The odds of a vaccinated person passing it on to another vaccinated person is extremely low. You can always find a vaxxed person in the spread link, but you w find as many and you sure as hell wont find as many of us faxxed in the ICU , the ventilator, and the cemetery. You guys need to take a walk through a covid unit so the doctors and nurses working 15 hours a day can personally slap you up side the head. . You know they would love to. ANd yeah, feel free to hit the ignore button anytime , brother,

Per the CDC, 75% of deaths have had FOUR or more comorbidities. Four!

Is this a pandemic of the unvaccinated, or the undisciplined?

Should the front line workers slap the fatties clogging up the healthcare system upside the head?

For people in their 20s, 30s and even 40s, with NO comorbidities, their chances of hospitalization or death - vaxxed or not - are extremely low.

Perhaps instead of vaccine mandates, we require a reduction in BMI, or lifestyle induced diabetes or heart disease…

• Love
Reactions: poates6
I would be very interested in reading the studies that suggest the omicron variant in particular is being spread more frequently by nonvaxxed than vaxxed. Not sure that is the case anymore especially considering the amount of folks vaccinated and the rate this thing is spreading. Oh and I love how you dodged the natural immunity question nice pivot. People like you won’t even acknowledge it as giving any protection even though that thinking is contrary to not only nature but large studies as well. I guess it doesn’t fit the you are with me or against me narrative.
haha, three fourths of my outer family are antivaxxers, i hear this BS all the time....natural immunity is a good thing, but it is a helluva path and risk to get there...... however, it does not prevent the spread as well as vaccinated immunity , the studies show that. ...and the antibodies may not even last as long as vaccinated immunity..... of course , the best thing is to never get covid so you wont have the long terms effects that i still have.. but technically speaking, the best immunity is natural infection followed by vaccination...as in my case..... you need to read up on the real studies, and not that joe rogan crap

Per the CDC, 75% of deaths have had FOUR or more comorbidities. Four!

Is this a pandemic of the unvaccinated, or the undisciplined?

Should the front line workers slap the fatties clogging up the healthcare system upside the head?

For people in their 20s, 30s and even 40s, with NO comorbidities, their chances of hospitalization or death - vaxxed or not - are extremely low.

Perhaps instead of vaccine mandates, we require a reduction in BMI, or lifestyle induced diabetes or heart disease…

the main problem with covid is the long term hospitalization ... .. deaths are terrible and sad, and a covid death is a terrible way to die, but remember , those dying with the comorbidities are still largely unvaccinated....the ones who need it the most are the ones who believe this same horse crap you are espousing....Like trump said, the only ones who are dying are the unvaccinated...he is pretty much correct there.....what a burden the unvaccinated have become on our country ...even moreso than the "fatties"..

the main problem with covid is the long term hospitalization ... .. deaths are terrible and sad, and a covid death is a terrible way to die, but remember , those dying with the comorbidities are still largely unvaccinated....the ones who need it the most are the ones who believe this same horse crap you are espousing....Like trump said, the only ones who are dying are the unvaccinated...he is pretty much correct there.....what a burden the unvaccinated have become on our country ...even moreso than the "fatties"..

What horse crap? I think people with comorbidities should get vaccinated. Imagine being a fat who eats fast food and drinks soda, yet acts like their body is a temple not to be tainted by the vaccine. But it's true that the people getting very sick have other issues creating the complications. It's also true that a person in their 30s with no comorbid conditions has an extremely small chance of hospitalization or death. It's true that unhealthy people are clogging up our healthcare system.

I don't think the vaccine should be required though. And I think we should pressure unhealthy people to shape up. People with preventable comorbidities (overweight, lifestyle induced diabetes, etc) should pay health insurance premiums that reflect their elevated burden.

Reactions: purenonsense
Well… that would presuppose that this vax had a chance of eliminating the virus, which it clearly never had. This one was more like pissing into the wind.

Well… that would presuppose that this vax had a chance of eliminating the virus, which it clearly never had. This one was more like pissing into the wind.
a vax cant beat anything if people dont get vaxxed....it is the antivaxxers who are pissing into the wind...

I have no issues with vaccines. Got the Covid vaccine myself.

Every tiny baby of mine gets popped with like 3 vaccines when they come out of the womb for stuff.

But why would I add one more vaccine to my, thank God, healthy 3, 5, or 6 year old to help “mitigate” symptoms that are thankfully not even present in young children?

Why are we focused on this as a society? Why are we still testing asymptomatic people? What are we doing?

Robert F. Kennedy recently revealed why Big Pharma and Dr. Fauci are going after the children and babies. Because the vaccines that are recommended for children get liability protection.

Robert F. Kennedy, Jr: “They are never going to market a vaccine, allow people access to a vaccine, an approved vaccine without getting liability protection. Now the emergency use authorization vaccines have liability protection under the PREP Act and under the CARES Act.
So as long as you take an emergency use vaccine, you can’t sue them. Once they get approved, now you can sue them, unless they can get it recommended for children. Because all vaccines that are recommended, officially recommended for children get liability protection, even if an adult gets that vaccine. That’s why they are going after the kids. They know this is going to kill and injure a huge number of children, but they need to do it for the liability protection.”

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT