ADVERTISEMENT

Got the omicron

Yes, we know serious side effects sometimes happen. But we know what those serious side effects are, and they always occur within a couple of months of vaccination. Side effects that only show up years after vaccination just aren’t a thing.

Like I said, it’s really convenient to be able to just dismiss fully vetted science you don’t like by claiming it’s “bought and paid for.” Of course, that doesn’t make the cherry picked stuff that’s unvetted somehow more reliable. But it seems like some people have taken the irrationally reactionary point of view that disagreeing with consensus makes something more reliable, and that consensus is evidence of corruption. Once again, that’s very convenient.
So, let’s recap:

If you agree with it, then it’s “fully vetted”
If you disagree with it, then it’s “unvetted”

Just so we know where we stand

You cannot tell me we “know” a damn thing about long-term side effects of this mRNA “vaccine.” Not one thing.

I had it. Fifteen days in the hospital and a ventilator. It wasn’t the sniffles for me, so I take the vaccine. I believe side effects occur, but I believe the dangers of the sickness are far worse. At least they were for me. But I’m sincere in wishing you the best.
And my experience with it was far different. It’s not a one-size-fits-all calculus. People like me who are in zero of the high-risk groups have no reason to get this vaccine other than social pressure and government overreach.

I agree with your statement about reducing severe illness but I would also say that Fauci et al didn’t do themselves any favors by coming out and saying you were at no risk of catching it once vaccinated with little data to support those statements. All they did was create more skeptics by stating what they hoped would happen as fact.
When did they actually say that?

Reactions: ChicagoTiger85
“Having certain high or low risk conditions does not guarantee a certain outcome,” says Park. “Rather, this highlights that healthy patients can still have poor COVID outcomes and patients with numerous chronic diseases can still have good outcomes.”

“Given the risk of poor outcome in a group of patients who were previously quite healthy, vaccination remains essential for everyone,” say Benjamin Ranard, MD, the study’s first author and a pulmonary and critical care fellow at Columbia.

I’m on day three here it’s been mild up to today. Body aches fever and GI issues today definitely feeling the most sick I have been in a long time. My wife and 8month old daughter have it to they have been mild throughout. Wife works in health care we are vaxxed. It’s not a fun experience I’m thankful that my daughter is handling it well although her coughing makes for restless nights. It’s tough when it hits a whole household at the same time.

I hope everyone stays safe and well. Appreciate OP for starting the thread reading others experiences has helped me cope with my own.

All the politics can go to hell. Consult your doctors when making decisions about your health. Second opinions and sources from legitimate outlets are available. I do respect everyone’s personal choice but I hope it’s coming from knowledge from medical background and not influenced by political means. I think this goes both ways mind you.

“Having certain high or low risk conditions does not guarantee a certain outcome,” says Park. “Rather, this highlights that healthy patients can still have poor COVID outcomes and patients with numerous chronic diseases can still have good outcomes.”

“Given the risk of poor outcome in a group of patients who were previously quite healthy, vaccination remains essential for everyone,” say Benjamin Ranard, MD, the study’s first author and a pulmonary and critical care fellow at Columbia.
No shit. There are no guarantees in life. We see stories every year of healthy young adults dying from the flu. I’d suggest anyone who plans their life around extremely small statistical chances of death are idiots and hypocrites. Unless you similarly refuse to drive on the interstate.

After reading this entertaining thread, if we step back and are honest with ourselves, can we agree on:

1. Outcomes for any individual can vary widely, which is why useful studies have to involve many people and the results are for the aggregate, not any one individual. This is true for all aspects of this conversation.

2. The conversation has finally moved away from the vax is going to eliminate the virus, to the more reasonable the vax is going to impart some resistance that will be helpful in many cases, but not all (see #1). As with any drug or vaccine, there is also some amount of risk for some people, usually a small percentage, that there could be negative consequences in taking the drug/vax.

3. Some people are in higher risk categories for a bad experience or even death for a small percentage. Those people should weigh the risk and probably get the vax unless they have some form of blood clotting issue, which is where most of the noise “appears” to be coming from. Some resistance is better than no resistance for “most” people.

4. No government should be able to force you to take a drug. That is a very scary proposition. Keep in mind that your team may not be in office for every mandate. Any pretense that the vax is going to eliminate or even slow down the virus should be gone by now, so it really should boil down to a personal choice that should be based on a simple risk assessment.

Last edited:
I work in sales. My wife is a ENT. I get to listen to world renown doctors while driving between appointments all day. I love it. I crave the info they share and the links they provide to verify their data. It’s fascinating to me how utterly wrong so many are concerning this virus.

I’ve enjoyed my wife and i’s discussions over the diner table about what I learned that day and she sets me straight or further excited me with agreeing and encouraging. It’s been a fun last 6 months helping people discover there are treatments that are safe, they don’t need the shots, they don’t have to fear etc…

We have been able to help people get off ventilators and walk out of hospitals. One person had even received two shots of Pfizer and been on a vent for 20 days. The wife finally got treatment to her husband and he improved drastically right away and by day ten walked out of the hospital. This is real life. Treatments work. The shots may work for a very short season but they also are a huge risk with the death count from them rising by the hundreds.
What are the treatments you speak of?

Got any links for those?
There are various links, but the point that’s been made a few times is that it’s unclear if there’s really been any increase in hospitalization due to COVID among kids because they’re getting tested while in the hospital and may not be in the hospital because of COVID.

There are various links, but the point that’s been made a few times is that it’s unclear if there’s really been any increase in hospitalization due to COVID among kids because they’re getting tested while in the hospital and may not be in the hospital because of COVID.
There are various links...that you won't C&P for some reason??? Maybe that reason is this whole thing is nothing but false hysteria.

There are various links...that you won't C&P for some reason??? Maybe that reason is this whole thing is nothing but false hysteria.
I’m still not sure what you think you’re responding to. I just said that public health officials have pointed out that we don’t need to be freaking out about kids. The media is getting it wrong.

Reactions: GMClemson33
So, let’s recap:

If you agree with it, then it’s “fully vetted”
If you disagree with it, then it’s “unvetted”

Just so we know where we stand

You cannot tell me we “know” a damn thing about long-term side effects of this mRNA “vaccine.” Not one thing.
No. Has nothing to do with whether I agree with it. What you or I think doesn’t really matter unless we’re immunologists or experts in communicable diseases. In fact, it would be weird if either of us had personal opinions about this stuff that didn’t depend on some other authority. All we can do is figure out who is credible. Unfortunately, some people have apparently decided that having an eccentric or dissenting point of view makes you more credible, while whatever the consensus is must be corrupt.

For instance, you’ve apparently latched onto any data that suggests that vaccines aren’t safe. Meanwhile, the vast majority of the medical and public health communities swear by vaccines because the vast majority of data tells us vaccines are safe. But you seem to be protecting yourself from that with the postmodern move of claiming that everything is equally valid. There isn’t a “your truth” and “my truth” to this.

You’re also setting up impossible standards for the use of any new medical innovation. We can never know for sure what might happen in the future. By that standard, we’d never use any new vaccine or treatment. Of course, that standard hasn’t been applied consistently by people who bring it up. I don’t think it would even occur to most people to think about “long term effects” on many other non-vaccine medicines.

At any rate, if you’re using scientific evidence in medicine, the best you can do is make well informed hypotheses based on what’s happened before. When it comes to vaccines, side effects that don’t show up for years after vaccination and then suddenly pop up just aren’t a thing. Everything but the immunity is out of your system pretty quickly. Unless you have some reason to think mRNA vaccines would be different, then the stuff about “long term effects” is really just about being afraid of anything new. It would be one thing to be irrationally cautious when there wasn’t a worldwide pandemic. It’s pretty perverse to let that kind of fear guide you when we’ve been dealing with this crap for almost 2 years.

Last edited:
I’m still not sure what you think you’re responding to. I just said that public health officials have pointed out that we don’t need to be freaking out about kids. The media is getting it wrong.
A lot of "science" oriented people try to poke holes in the Bible, thinking that if they can disprove just one thing, that proves the whole thing is wrong. Those same people fully understand that everyone from doctors, to virologists, to the media have been wrong many, many times, but it's OK, because we just need to "trust the science".

It's extremely humorous to me is all, and it'd be a lot funnier if my life wasn't affected so much.

In the grand scheme of things, my life isn't too much different than it was in 2019. It's the poor, and the stupid who have suffered the greatest constequences. Even worse, this atrocity has been done under the guise of being what's best for them.

Reactions: Essolover4
When did they actually say that?
I don’t think they ever actually said that, with all due respect to @Esso Porch who knows a lot more about this stuff than I do. But they did think protection from infection would be more robust and long lasting than it is, even though you do have some protection from infection. They also pretty much concluded that you wouldn’t spread the virus if you were vaccinated.

Last edited:
Reactions: Esso Porch
Anecdotal data is very interesting and entertaining. But worthless.
Only prospective randomized studies with careful data collection or very very carefully done retrospective studies are relevant. And then only if very large studies.
So we will know a lot more in a year or two.
But anecdotal data is much more interesting to read and obviously closer to home.

I don’t think they ever actually said that, with all due respect to @Esso Porch who knows a lot more about this stuff than I do. But they did think protection from infection would be more robust and long lasting than it is, even though you do have some protection from infection. They also pretty much concluded that you wouldn’t spread the virus if you were vaccinated.
Yes but to be fair to fauci we're dealing with a moving target. Criticizing fauci for statements he made before any subsequent mutation is silly.

Yes but to be fair to fauci we're dealing with a moving target. Criticizing fauci for statements he made before any subsequent mutation is silly.
Idk if Fauci can get a pass for that, given his position, expertise, and common knowledge that viruses mutate. It also became quickly evident that vaccinated people were still passing the virus on to others. Unfortunately the politics in all of this appears to have unnecessarily muddied the waters further, which he should not have been a contributor to given his important position. He is now paying the consequences for that.

Had it ~2.5 weeks ago but pretty sure I had Delta, not Omicron. Have not had the vaccine.

I tested positive on a Sunday and started on Ivermectin, Z-pack and upped my vitamin regiment to 1500 IU Vitamin C, 4000 IU Vitamin D and 150 mg Zinc that same day.

Mon-Tues I had a sore throat, mild congestion & fatigue. Wednesday I was much better, went out and walked 9 holes and hit balls for a couple of hours. By Thursday I was back to light exercise & back to roughly 100% by Friday.

Took about 2 weeks for my taste/smell to return and about as long for my dry cough to go away.

I encourage everyone to use a similar regiment if you catch it.

This is the dividing topic of the times. I fully respect the decisions made on both sides. For me, I had it last January, was fortunate to get the infusion and recovered quickly. Since, I've had Pfizer shots (both) and the booster, all on the advice of my primary doctor who I trust with my life. Wife and daughter who live in household have had same. Good luck and Godspeed to all!

Reactions: ClemsonO.Co
Had it ~2.5 weeks ago but pretty sure I had Delta, not Omicron. Have not had the vaccine.

I tested positive on a Sunday and started on Ivermectin, Z-pack and upped my vitamin regiment to 1500 IU Vitamin C, 4000 IU Vitamin D and 150 mg Zinc that same day.

Mon-Tues I had a sore throat, mild congestion & fatigue. Wednesday I was much better, went out and walked 9 holes and hit balls for a couple of hours. By Thursday I was back to light exercise & back to roughly 100% by Friday.

Took about 2 weeks for my taste/smell to return and about as long for my dry cough to go away.

Not sold on Ivermectin, although my wife swears it helped her. I believe it was more the zpac helping her covid pneumonia. I just don’t think there is enough evidence yet.

Ivermectin studies

The antibiotics are going to be helpful for pneumonia, but not if you don’t have some sort of infection.

The rest of your list is believed to be helpful, and what I also took when I had COVID a year ago. I got away with very mild symptoms.

With those minor, short lived symptoms, why do you think you had Delta?

This is basically my point of view. I think a lot of people really just need somebody to dislike and make into a scapegoat for public health measures (and outcomes) they don't like. Fauci has been the face of public health, so there ya go. It was especially bound to happen with the wacky messaging from the Trump administration while also having Fauci lead their COVID response. Trump couldn't be blamed for various policies, so Fauci had to blamed.

Last edited:

Why would you take a Z-pack, and how would you even get that if you tested positive for COVID?

Reactions: kudzuking
Not sold on Ivermectin, although my wife swears it helped her. I believe it was more the zpac helping her covid pneumonia. I just don’t think there is enough evidence yet.

Ivermectin studies

The antibiotics are going to be helpful for pneumonia, but not if you don’t have some sort of infection.

The rest of your list is believed to be helpful, and what I also took when I had COVID a year ago. I got away with very mild symptoms.
Are you aware that ivermectin has anti viral, anti coagulant, and anti inflammatory properties? It also has a better safety profile than Tylenol.

Covid leaves behind diseases in your body in three main areas, inflammation, clotting, and of course it is a virus.

It’s amazing to me the WHO, the NIH and the CDC forgot about all of that.

Reactions: TigerGrowls
Ran over 7 miles New Years Eve Friday and later that day started getting symptoms (chills, fever that night only), for about 2-3 days after that felt tired and like a cold with some coughing and sore throat at night only. Got tested Tuesday 1/4 and basically felt back to normal by then. Ran 4+ miles three days in row Wed-Friday. Test came back Thursday Positive. Still have occasional cough and did lose my sense of smell some. 3 years ago this would have just been a cold. This whole thing is so overblown. I had 2 Pfizer shots in May, NO booster and will not get a booster.

Im not anti vax, I am anti Covid shots though. Your numbers aren’t correct.
no, my numbers are not incorrect. It can range from 80 to 99 during the delta variant, but the numbers you say are incorrect are pretty much the mean now. Not antivax, but anticovid shot? lol...i know what you are...i get it

Reactions: ClemsonO.Co
Phzier's own study says you only increase your chances of not getting Covid by 0.89 of 1%. Side affects and deaths way under reported. It doesn't stop you from getting it and transmitting it. Time between boosters will grow shorter and shorter Per Doctor in our own family. Remember it's experimental. The way it's being pushed so hard is disturbing as I don't think for a minute they care about our health Especially when you add in all the other stuff going on here and abroad. Pray for America
the only people dying are the unvaccinated, and most of the unvaccinated are Republicans....

I don’t. One study suggested it. I can’t rule it out, but no, I wouldn’t say it’s conclusive. Is that the only conclusion you could draw from that? Sheep indeed.
who are the sheep ? the vaccinated ? lmao, good time to be a sheep because all the wolves are in ICU ...lmao !

The vaccine doesn’t prevent you from spreading China virus. Try again.

What’s a good reason for a person in a low risk age group with no autoimmune issues to get a vaccine with serious side effects in the short term and not nearly enough research to know the long term impacts?
why dont you do it so maybe these nurses and doctors working the hospitals, ICU's, and covid units can maybe get a break ? China virus....really ? you revealed where you came from on that one ..... you could not pass an 8th grade health science class right now with all the crap and propaganda you have read ...

Reactions: dpic73
Are you aware that ivermectin has anti viral, anti coagulant, and anti inflammatory properties? It also has a better safety profile than Tylenol.

Covid leaves behind diseases in your body in three main areas, inflammation, clotting, and of course it is a virus.

It’s amazing to me the WHO, the NIH and the CDC forgot about all of that.
No argument, and why it “may” help. I’m just saying that the data “so far” is not definitive. But studies are underway and I don’t believe there is any sort of conspiracy going on against it. It could turn out that it is indeed helpful, or it may just turn out to be statistically of little or no help for most.

The harm so far seems to be coming from those taking the animal version that is dosed for very large animals, not people. Not a good idea.

Last edited:
Yes, we know serious side effects sometimes happen. But we know what those serious side effects are, and they always occur within a couple of months of vaccination. Side effects that only show up years after vaccination just aren’t a thing.

Like I said, it’s really convenient to be able to just dismiss fully vetted science you don’t like by claiming it’s “bought and paid for.” Of course, that doesn’t make the cherry picked stuff that’s unvetted somehow more reliable. But it seems like some people have taken the irrationally reactionary point of view that disagreeing with consensus makes something more reliable, and that consensus is evidence of corruption. Once again, that’s very convenient.
well stated

I think you’re correct to point out that, for some reason, people have started calling flu vaccines “flu shots,” and they want to make some sort of distinction between vaccines like flu vaccines that don’t eradicate the virus they’re targeted at and other vaccines that are more effective. But COVID vaccines are much more effective than the average flu vaccine, and yes they do prevent infection (imperfectly). It’s a little disappointing that they aren’t as effective at stopping the spread as hoped, but they do make it less likely that someone will get COVID and less likely that they’ll spread COVID if they get it.

The COVID vaccine is actually more similar to the polio shot than it is to the flu shot in terms of effectiveness. But COVID is a a respiratory virus (like the flu), it’s much more contagious than polio, and it’s more more widespread than polio was when the polio vaccine was introduced. We’re requiring vaccination for COVID now because we’re in the midst of a pandemic. We’re not in the midst of a an extremely contagious, deadly (because so contagious) flu pandemic. But I’d imagine they’d have required vaccination for the Spanish flu if they had a vaccination when it was wreaking havoc.
If flu shots were taken more than once a year they would likely be more effective. Covid shots have not been out long enough to really determine effectiveness in preventing infection. Both Delta and Omicron have had an impact on effectiveness and will have to be included in any calculations in the coming year. You can’t just look back at the initial shots and say oh yay it’s 70% effective when it is now clearly nowhere near that.

Why would you take a Z-pack, and how would you even get that if you tested positive for COVID?

There are multiple practitioners (ones who actually treat patients w/ COVID) who strongly believe in the protocol I listed.

I got both prescriptions well before I ever got Covid. Was inevitable that I would get it at some point & I strongly oppose the “do nothing unless you need to be hospitalized” method that most in the medical community subscribe to.

You're right. Kind of like when the consensus was the world was flat. :) Or that women couldn't perform the duties a man could. With respect to science, there's a truly insane view that somehow there can be consensus in science when by definition, scientific studies have always been about seeking the unknown, not following a group think mentality. Michael Crichton said it well:

"Let’s be clear: the work of science has nothing whatever to do with consensus. Consensus is the business of politics. Science, on the contrary, requires only one investigator who happens to be right, which means that he or she has results that are verifiable by reference to the real world. In science consensus is irrelevant. What is relevant is reproducible results. The greatest scientists in history are great precisely because they broke with the consensus. There is no such thing as consensus science. If it’s consensus, it isn’t science. If it’s science, it isn’t consensus. Period."
Well all the reproducible results show that the unvaccinated are the ones filling up our hospitals and dying. Over and over again.

Reactions: dpic73

Ivermectin studies

The financial incentives aren’t there to do a full scale study on generic drugs like ivermectin or hydrochloroquine. There’s plenty of anecdotal evidence to support them though.

That being said, everything I took was extremely low-risk & has been taken for years. Most urgent care or internal medicine docs will tell patients “go home & rest and if your ox-sats drop below 93, go to the ER.” That wasn’t good enough for me so whether what I took is the reason I had such a mild experience or not is unknown but I think it’s likely that it’s better than nothing.

Man, people are over the top about this. This dude doesn't care of unvaccinated people get covid and die. They made a personal choice. It's ok for people to do that.

Do you have zero sympathy for alcoholics? Smokers? People who drive without their seatbelts? Those who eat themselves to diabetes? All of these situations present o people with a greater chance to die.

So you're a proud vaxxer. Good for you man. Your choice, got no problem with it. But if you get covid and die should people say, "I got no sympathy for that dude. He got vaxxed and died anyway."?

I think at the crux of this for a lot of people is the fact that the government gave all these manufacturers immunity from suit if people died from their vaccine. Why would they do that if they were 100% sure it is safe - like you seem to be?
immunity from suit has been around for vaccines longer than covid..... you are overthinking it

Reactions: ChicagoTiger85
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT