ADVERTISEMENT

Government Issued ID

I was going to call them out, but I'll give them some time to wake up and research what the MSM word of the week is.

If they do answer, it will be a few cuss words in it, so they think they are degrading you and then not answering the original question by asking a different question and saying something about Trump.

raw

Last edited:
Reactions: Cabotiger
Should be the number 1 fight!
Not many people would argue against a photo ID but to pretend like it's a huge factor in determining elections is laughable. The majority of states do require photo ID and the ones that don't require other forms of identification, including matching signatures to ones that are on file. And even in these cases, many are considered provisional and are only counted after an election with further proof required after election day.

The percentage of people who vote this way is miniscule and the evidence of fraud using this method is smaller still. This is just one of those Republican myths that attempts to explain away their inability to win the popular vote by blaming it on factors other than the unpopularity of their policies. Cry all you want but your hand wringing is ridiculous.

Reactions: yoshi121374
Not many people would argue against a photo ID but to pretend like it's a huge factor in determining elections is laughable. The majority of states do require photo ID and the ones that don't require other forms of identification, including matching signatures to ones that are on file. And even in these cases, many are considered provisional and are only counted after an election with further proof required after election day.

The percentage of people who vote this way is miniscule and the evidence of fraud using this method is smaller still. This is just one of those Republican myths that attempts to explain away their inability to win the popular vote by blaming it on factors other than the unpopularity of their policies. Cry all you want but your hand wringing is ridiculous.
No signature verification in 2020 scooby.

If it's not a factor then why all the pushback from the left?

• Haha
Reactions: DW4_2016

This topic makes zero sense. There should be universal agreement on these things:
  • You must be registered to vote (true today)
  • You must be a US citizen to register to vote (true today, though now not required in some places for local elections)
  • You must present a government issued photo ID to vote (true in some places, not in others)
  • You must include a photocopy of your ID in a mail in ballot (true in some places, not in others)
This shouldn’t even be a contentious topic.

Last edited:
This topic makes zero sense. There should be universal agreement on these things:
  • You must be a US citizen to register to vote (true today, though now not required in some places for local elections)
  • You must present a government issued photo ID to vote (true in some places, not in others)
  • You must include a photocopy of your ID in a mail in ballot (true in some places, not in others)

4th suggestion is an unnecessary barrier. Signature verification is an accurate and effective way to do identity verification.

Told you!
Shrug. My mentor never went to college and ended up building a net worth of >$100mm starting from nothing. So yes, I’m aware a college degree isn’t the only barometer for determining if someone is “smart.” With the exception of STEM degrees, college is essentially just a way for businesses to see if you have the ability to follow instruction and successfully work as a team and/or independently over a long period of time.

4th suggestion is an unnecessary barrier. Signature verification is an accurate and effective way to do identity verification.
I rarely sign my name the same way. If you asked me what my signature looks like on the voting rolls i wouldn't know. Is it the one on my driver's license since thats probably how i registered? Or is it from my first voter registration card when i moved here? I really don't know and i don't think its a good verification technique. A lot of valid votes would be thrown out.

• Haha
Shrug. My mentor never went to college and ended up building a net worth of >$100mm starting from nothing. So yes, I’m aware a college degree isn’t the only barometer for determining if someone is “smart.” With the exception of STEM degrees, college is essentially just a way for businesses to see if you have the ability to follow instruction and successfully work as a team and/or independently over a long period of time.
What are you even talking about?
I asked a question about Federal ID for voting!

A 4 year degree helps with reading

Are you saying it's something that is done at voting pools or that it should be?

Try reading the conversation you jumped into.

I'm guessing the bolded explains your current confusion.
Dear Lord!
I was going to call them out, but I'll give them some time to wake up and research what the MSM word of the week is.

If they do answer, it will be a few cuss words in it, so they think they are degrading you and then not answering the original question by asking a different question and saying something about Trump.

raw

I didn't know there was a lot of pushback but your attempt to use it as an excuse for losing elections is hilarious. Granny Butler out in Jedburg is not the cause of all your problems.

Dear Lord!
I never asked a question, I was responding to someone else's comment.

I don't consider voting to be insecure as there's never been any documented cases of widespread fraud. I think our current rules are sufficient, but I would also say that I think Election Day should be a federal holiday. We should be making it easier for Americans to vote securely instead of more difficult, but I understand why the GOP doesn't want more people voting. There's a reason the GOP hasn't won the popular vote in 20 years.

I never asked a question, I was responding to someone else's comment.

I don't consider voting to be insecure as there's never been any documented cases of widespread fraud. I think our current rules are sufficient, but I would also say that I think Election Day should be a federal holiday. We should be making it easier for Americans to vote securely instead of more difficult, but I understand why the GOP doesn't want more people voting. There's a reason the GOP hasn't won the popular vote in 20 years.
You saying that the GOP doesn't want people to vote is downright stupid!
Why would the left be trying to let noncitizens vote?

I agree with the holiday!

You saying that the GOP doesn't want people to vote is downright stupid!
Why would the left be trying to let noncitizens vote?

I agree with the holiday!
I don't know anything about the left wanting non-citizens voting in federal elections. I know that some cities allow for non-citizens to vote in local elections - which I understand the thinking behind as that (non-citizens) includes asylum seekers, those on visa, and others going through the legalization process.

Re: the bolded: All evidence to the contrary, my dear.**
**https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/sep/11/us-polling-sites-closed-report-supreme-court-ruling
**https://civilrights.org/democracy-diverted/

I don't know anything about the left wanting non-citizens voting in federal elections. I know that some cities allow for non-citizens to vote in local elections - which I understand the thinking behind as that (non-citizens) includes asylum seekers, those on visa, and others going through the legalization process.

**https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/sep/11/us-polling-sites-closed-report-supreme-court-ruling
Texas has limited dropboxes to one per county, including Harris County in Houston, which could mean a two hour round-trip to drop off your ballot. This is to combat the fraud that didn't happen but it makes it a hell of a lot harder for more people to vote. You live there so I'm sure you're aware.

If in fact polling places have been closed then we should do everything we can to reopen. This article is more than 4 years old. Why has this administration not done something about this before now? Don't give me the Republicans won't do anything, Your guy is in charge! The GOP should want these polling places open. (see videos posted) Voter ID and giving all US citizens the same ample time and transportation to vote should be priority number 1!

• Haha
If in fact polling places have been closed then we should do everything we can to reopen. This article is more than 4 years old. Why has this administration not done something about this before now? Don't give me the Republicans won't do anything, Your guy is in charge! The GOP should want these polling places open. (see videos posted) Voter ID and giving all US citizens the same ample time and transportation to vote should be priority number 1!
Because it’s decided at the local/state level and not federal. There’s no surprise all of these closures happen in red states in blue cities/counties.

Why do we not have a "National Voting Standard" for Federal elections?
Because the Constitution says the power of elections is decided at the state level, not federal level. I would support federal election guidelines, but I doubt either party would be able to get something like that passed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT