ADVERTISEMENT

Government Issued ID

Because the Constitution says the power of elections is decided at the state level, not federal level. I would support federal election guidelines, but I doubt either party would be able to get something like that passed.
I am not an authority, obviously, but I don't think that is completely true. I think Congress has the ultimate authority and the ability to regulate.
That said, I am tired of this doubt that either party, blah, blah, blah! I think the American people or at least the majority actually would like to see the same thing here. The people should demand such a standard!

I am not an authority, obviously, but I don't think that is completely true. I think Congress has the ultimate authority and the ability to regulate.
That said, I am tired of this doubt that either party, blah, blah, blah! I think the American people or at least the majority actually would like to see the same thing here. The people should demand such a standard!
Congress does that the ultimate authority via constitutional amendments. I just don't think you'll ever get 2/3rds compromise on federal election laws in this country because it would require bipartisanship and that's just not something we do anymore.

There's a lot of things the US populace overwhelmingly supports that Congress refuses to acknowledge and change (mainly due to money and lobbyists.)

time and transportation to vote should

Congress does that the ultimate authority via constitutional amendments. I just don't think you'll ever get 2/3rds compromise on federal election laws in this country because it would require bipartisanship and that's just not something we do anymore.

There's a lot of things the US populace overwhelmingly supports that Congress refuses to acknowledge and change (mainly due to money and lobbyists.)

Or we will have a bipartisan deal such as the recent immigration bill and it will get destroyed by the MAGA wing who don't actually want to govern.

Reactions: dpic73 and WapPride
Or we will have a bipartisan deal such as the recent immigration bill and it will get destroyed by the MAGA wing who don't actually want to govern.
Don't slip in the immigration BS. That crap was out of control long before this administration had to admit it!

0/10

Don't slip in the immigration BS. That crap was out of control long before this administration had to admit it!

0/10

But it was a bipartisan bill. That's how the government is supposed to work. Remind me the replacement plan the MAGA folks had.....

Just like always, they can tell you what they don't like, but can't tell you what they would do themselves. For a reference example, "repeal and replace".

But it was a bipartisan bill. That's how the government is supposed to work. Remind me the replacement plan the MAGA folks had.....

Just like always, they can tell you what they don't like, but can't tell you what they would do themselves. For a reference example, "repeal and replace".
How about, don't F with what was working!

How about, don't F with what was working!

It's been explained multiple times,but it couldn't stay in place post Covid since it was an Executive Order. Also, it really wasn't "working".

We need Congress to actually do their jobs. We don't want/need Presidents to continually use Executive Orders to change law. That's not how the separation of powers is supposed to work and gives entirely too much power to the executive branch.

Reactions: dpic73 and WapPride

The replacement plan was to build the wall Trump proposed in 2016. At a fraction of the cost it could be built for now. But that was racist According to dems.

You need an ID to drive.

You need an ID to drink.

You need an ID to see certain movies.

You need an ID to travel.

The GREAT LIE is when Democrats says you shouldn’t need an ID to vote because people who want to vote don’t have them.

Nobody who wants to vote doesn’t already drive, drink, watch movies, or travel.

The only reason Democrats don’t want to require voter ID is so they can RIG ELECTIONS.

It's been explained multiple times,but it couldn't stay in place post Covid since it was an Executive Order. Also, it really wasn't "working".

We need Congress to actually do their jobs. We don't want/need Presidents to continually use Executive Orders to change law. That's not how the separation of powers is supposed to work and gives entirely too much power to the executive branch.
It was working, just stop!

I agree with the EO comment!

Lost me with, once again, you're no substance response. Are you one Hunter's crack again?
I am one hunter’s crack. Suggesting I’m on crack while not being able to use your primary language isn’t a good look.

Seriously though, do you understand what states rights are?

You need an ID to drive.

You need an ID to drink.

You need an ID to see certain movies.

You need an ID to travel.

The GREAT LIE is when Democrats says you shouldn’t need an ID to vote because people who want to vote don’t have them.

Nobody who wants to vote doesn’t already drive, drink, watch movies, or travel.

The only reason Democrats don’t want to require voter ID is so they can RIG ELECTIONS.
Why do you always re-type the text from a tweet? You know we can all see and read the tweet right?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT