ADVERTISEMENT

HOLY SHVT, MARIA TAYLOR JUST SAID THAT IF TONY ELLIOT WERE WHITE

Well Tony Elliott does have 3-4 National Championships that he coronated at his offensive coordinator position, I can understand her thinking.

I was drunk when I read your post. Tip of the cap. You got me.
tenor.gif

You’re just going to have to ignore stuff like this for a little while. It sucks that you can say any crazy thing as long as it alleges injustice against black people, but can’t say anything even remotely questioning that, but it is what it is.

I feel like I am as accepting of anybody’s culture/gender pronoun/sexuality/race as it gets. But this is getting insane. You cant turn the corner without bumping in to a victim these days. I truly believe that this country has become so soft because our most basic needs are met at birth. Therefore folks begin looking for things to complain about and/or have little to zero resilience when facing actual adversity in life.

How many black players make up the athletes that actually play D1 ball?

How many black coaches lead D1 programs?

Point proven

I am not sure what this has to do with Tony turning down the opportunity to peruse a HC gig at some of the smaller schools.

I was told from someone high up in the program that South Florida knew they wanted to pursue one of the Clemson OCs and chose Scott over Elliott specifically because he was white. The USF AD allegedly said they didn’t go with TE because “we already tried someone like him.”

I'm friends with Tony and Jeff. Your source is wrong. By the way....... were you even aware that Tony's mom was a white lady?

Yes @Dutch_Peacheater has singularly been oppressing an entire race of people just because of their skin color.

It’s amazing, it’s like you think there is a national white people convention to discuss how to hold POC down.
Damn. Don’t tell them about our meeting. Now we have to change the secret handshake

Tired of what? You have been oppressing people since 1619. Now blacks are asserting themselves for the first time in history and you are tired already.
What happened in 1619 is called history. We had nothing to do with it. What we should do is learn from it and make things better because of it. With all due respect, I don’t see how this kind of movement is making things better.

Honestly she’s absolutely right. I have it on good authority that Georgia Tech contacted TE’s agent about becoming head coach there a couple of years ago, but when doing background research they saw his pic on his twitter and immediately rescinded the offer.

If Dabo truly cared about his players and the heroic #BLM movement, he would resign and step aside so TE could take the job.

I hope this is crazy sarcasm...please lord let this be sarcasm.

Yes I know it is

So why didn’t Joe Brady have every school knocking at his door after having the best statistical season in history?
Oh yea? Wait?

Well look at the number of black head coaches in D1 football. Is there a major discrepancy considering the % of black players out there? Yes there is. And I do realize the TE would be a HC if he felt he was totally ready previously which Taylor probably has no idea about.

I personally think this is just flawed logic. I say that knowing that racism or whatever discriminatory prejudice someone has is present to some extent in every facet of life, industry, profession, etc. More present in some areas than others.

The interest and desire around football isn’t overwhelmingly African American. If you look across all of football, even all of college football (div 2, 3 etc.) you will find more diversity in teams than those just at the top of Div. 1.

I personally don’t think Tony is that great of an OC, he is good, not great. I have my reasons and they have nothing to do with him as a person. I will say that i am not 100% convinced that Tony calls the games he wants to. Maybe he does, i don’t know, but i wouldn’t be shocked to find out that isn’t quite the case. So maybe he gets a pass on that.

It felt like we won games with scheme more so under Morris than now. We win games now on talent. I just don’t feel like we scheme as well as we could b/c we don’t need that to to win in the ACC. When we get to a point where we need to win on scheme, i feel like we struggle to do it well. (Edit - It is the opposite on defense, no one schemes better than BV)

Just my personal opinion, i think he is likely to make a better HC than OC. Tony does not come across as a super charismatic guy and i think that probably hurts him a little in interviews. He has a great personality but he seems more demure and serious in his style and there is nothing wrong with that, but I think an AD is going to need to be more familiar with him and his body of work to take a chance on him than maybe another candidate who has a more outgoing charismatic personality.

Last edited:
I was told from someone high up in the program that South Florida knew they wanted to pursue one of the Clemson OCs and chose Scott over Elliott specifically because he was white. The USF AD allegedly said they didn’t go with TE because “we already tried someone like him.”

They gonna be protesting outside you house soon...

;)
lol

Tired of what? You have been oppressing people since 1619. Now blacks are asserting themselves for the first time in history and you are tired already.
Wow @Dutch_Peacheater you're fvcking old!! 401 years and counting!!

PS what’s your secret?

Last edited:
The number of bvtch ass white boys in the nba is disproportionate. It’s because of their skin that there isnt more.
To your point with how little white people there are playing in the NBA, they made up 73.3% of the head coaches...

How many black players make up the athletes that actually play D1 ball?

How many black coaches lead D1 programs?

Point proven
I disagree. I don’t think there should be more D1 white players just to meet quota.

This sounds like something that racist @Tillman28 would post.

@CU1TruTiger4Life what do you think?

We’ve done it to ourselves. We idolize the wrong people and we’ve allowed the wrong people to have influence. Imagine if we cared about the real leaders as much as we cared about sports. Think we’d be where we are now? Imagine if we tuned into the Political world like we tuned into 19-30 year olds playing a game. Imagine if the media never lie, but only reported a story. Ever. Why do we allow it?

Surprisingly people in 2020 are still still stunned at our media.

we just want our sports so the political problems go away... lol

This was the Good Ole Days back in the 80s where you could actually trust the news with Peter Jennings, Tom Brocaw. Take a step back Dan Rather, we weren't talking about you.

Reactions: Jwilliamsiii
Exactly, so there should be more white players, correct?

If we have 50% white players and 50% black coaches(forget the hispanics, amirite fellas?) then we should be good.

players turn into coaches. Most coach’s in the NBA and any sport played in the league they are coaching or at a high level. You already know this. So you’re smart enough to know where this is going.

I don't follow coaching enough to know who is the next hot thing. What black coaches in your mind have made a case for a head job, and not been considered?

@Superica28 is not going to answer that because it doesn't fit his narrative. There aren't enough black head coaches due to.... racism. However that same racism isn't helping white players for some unknown reason. I guess coaches recruit players to win so no racism there, but those who select head coaches don't care about winning so obviously racism is affecting their decisions.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT