ADVERTISEMENT

Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas

So you think he should be?
You think he's doing his job at the border?

He will be acquitted by the Senate, I believe.

He should be acquitted.

The second bill passed by this GOP controlled house (HR2) back in May 2023 proposed to give Mayorkas more power and tools to enforce the border.

Now they are accusing him of not doing enough?

If the Clemson BOT came out and said "in order to make it back to playoffs, we need to give Dabo XYZ." If they failed to deliver XYZ and then fired Dabo for not making it back to the playoffs, would you agree with that?

This is political theater, nothing else.

So you think he's done a good job at the border over the past 3-3/4 years?

To your analogy. Dabo took Clemson to the CFP 4 years ago. Why is XYZ needed?

So you think he's done a good job at the border over the past 3-3/4 years?

To your analogy. Dabo took Clemson to the CFP 4 years ago. Why is XYZ needed?
I think he’s done the best he’s been able to given the laws we currently have in place. He’s a figurehead that is there to take the blame when it’s needed. The real blame lies with our elected officials who haven’t passed any immigration laws since 1986 (I think?)

Right or left, it doesnt matter; both parties’ elected officials are to blame.

Reactions: fcctiger12
I think he’s done the best he’s been able to given the laws we currently have in place. He’s a figurehead that is there to take the blame when it’s needed. The real blame lies with our elected officials who haven’t passed any immigration laws since 1986 (I think?)

Right or left, it doesnt matter; both parties’ elected officials are to blame.
So the "Open Door" policy was the thing to do, you are saying, because it was not that way until Biden made it that way!

..and what I mean by "open-door", bc I think that term is used to loosely, I mean rolling back Trump border policies.

So the "Open Door" policy was the thing to do, you are saying, because it was not that way until Biden made it that way!
What “open door” policies are you discussing? Because there have been no new laws passed regarding the opening of our borders. The only thing that happened was title 42 not getting renewed (which a renewal may not even be possible right now considering the whole basis for it passing was to curb a certain communicable disease that the GOP has spent 4 years arguing was no worse than the common cold.)

What “open door” policies are you discussing? Because there have been no new laws passed regarding the opening of our borders. The only thing that happened was title 42 not getting renewed (which a renewal may not even be possible right now considering the whole basis for it passing was to curb a certain communicable disease that the GOP has spent 4 years arguing was no worse than the common cold.)
as I said, that term is used too loosely.
Since the rollback of trump's border policy, well you see what is happening at the border!

Why do libs just turn a blind eye to it?

as I said, that term is used too loosely.
Since the rollback of trump's border policy, well you see what is happening at the border!

Why do libs just turn a blind eye to it?
I don’t think you really have any clue about border policy beyond buzzwords you hear in real life and whatever media you consume. I’d be happy to debate Title 42 v Title 8, but I don’t really think you have a clue about either of them beyond “Trump policy good, Biden policy bad!”

I don’t think you really have any clue about border policy beyond buzzwords you hear in real life and whatever media you consume. I’d be happy to debate Title 42 v Title 8, but I don’t really think you have a clue about either of them beyond “Trump policy good, Biden policy bad!”
Well since I am not an immigration expert, I look at things how I see it with my own eyes. I know that illegal immigrants are pouring over our borders and there is no stopping them. I think when title 42 was not renewed there was no plan in place by this administration.
I would say I am like most American's.

If you think what we are experiencing now is good, then I think the clueless person is you, my friend!

He should be acquitted.

The second bill passed by this GOP controlled house (HR2) back in May 2023 proposed to give Mayorkas more power and tools to enforce the border.

Now they are accusing him of not doing enough?

If the Clemson BOT came out and said "in order to make it back to playoffs, we need to give Dabo XYZ." If they failed to deliver XYZ and then fired Dabo for not making it back to the playoffs, would you agree with that?

This is political theater, nothing else.
So, this to was just political theater.

https://www.npr.org/sections/trump-...nate-acquits-trump-in-impeachment-trial-again

Seven Republicans joined the Democrats in that one and more would have if they weren't afraid of people like you. They know they can't hold him accountable because you don't care about his crimes and you want him to get away with them.

Do you think even one Democrat will vote Yay on this one? That's why this is truly political theater, they know going in that it'll die a quick death in the Senate.

So... you are arguing that the democrats failed to give trump the tools to effectively subvert our democracy and then punished him for doing so?

These two things are not remotely the same.

Honestly, man, going back and forth with someone as obviously dull-witted as you are is growing tiresome.

I will no longer be responding to your stupidity.

Go with Christ.

• Haha
Reactions: dpic73
Well since I am not an immigration expert, I look at things how I see it with my own eyes. I know that illegal immigrants are pouring over our borders and there is no stopping them. I think when title 42 was not renewed there was no plan in place by this administration.
I would say I am like most American's.

If you think what we are experiencing now is good, then I think the clueless person is you, my friend!
Title 8, while not perfect, has been sufficient for nearly 30 years. I do think it should be modified, and I support the bipartisan immigration plan that was written by a Republican, independent, and democrat. I think that, if immigration was such a pressing matter to the GOP then they should’ve done something about it during the 2 years they held the house, senate, and presidency. However, like we learned with the ACA, the GOP doesn’t actually want to fix anything as they’d rather be able to campaign on these issues.

The reason you think illegal immigration is a major issue is because Trump, and the rest of the GOP, have decided to make it one by constantly harping about each year since 2017. It’s a great tactic to get people out to vote, and there’s no real reason for them to solve that issue.

You all claim to be “logical” and “not sheep”, but your actions are the complete opposite. There’s probably a reason why the 118th congress has been the most ineffective body in American history. (I’ll give you a hint: it’s because MAGA doesn’t know how to govern, because they’re all dogs chasing a mail truck.)

Title 8, while not perfect, has been sufficient for nearly 30 years. I do think it should be modified, and I support the bipartisan immigration plan that was written by a Republican, independent, and democrat. I think that, if immigration was such a pressing matter to the GOP then they should’ve done something about it during the 2 years they held the house, senate, and presidency. However, like we learned with the ACA, the GOP doesn’t actually want to fix anything as they’d rather be able to campaign on these issues.

The reason you think illegal immigration is a major issue is because Trump, and the rest of the GOP, have decided to make it one by constantly harping about each year since 2017. It’s a great tactic to get people out to vote, and there’s no real reason for them to solve that issue.

You all claim to be “logical” and “not sheep”, but your actions are the complete opposite. There’s probably a reason why the 118th congress has been the most ineffective body in American history. (I’ll give you a hint: it’s because MAGA doesn’t know how to govern, because they’re all dogs chasing a mail truck.)
Riddle me this, since you are supposedly the immigration expert. Why am I seeing over 10 million illegal immigrants coming into this country now? Have we ever seen this before?
Again, since you're the expert and everyone else has no clue, what changed?

Reactions: Cabotiger
So... you are arguing that the democrats failed to give trump the tools to effectively subvert our democracy and then punished him for doing so?

These two things are not remotely the same.

Honestly, man, going back and forth with someone as obviously dull-witted as you are is growing tiresome.

I will no longer be responding to your stupidity.

Go with Christ.
Of course you won't. Take your football and go back to mommy's.
I could have said this to you a long, long time ago. Guess I am a gluten for ignorant conversation sometimes.

Riddle me this, since you are supposedly the immigration expert. Why am I seeing over 10 million illegal immigrants coming into this country now? Have we ever seen this before?
Again, since you're the expert and everyone else has no clue, what changed?
I’m far from an expert on immigration; I’m just not a knuckledragging buffoon.

You’re not seeing that. You’re seeing estimations of that many encounters over the course of 4 years.

What’s changed? I’d say it’s a combination of factors that are leading to the increase in encounters. Climate change negatively impacting South and Latin American countries coupled with violence driven by a combination of corrupt governments and gangs in SA and LA are probably the most likely culprits. People are fleeing to the US in hopes of bettering their and their children’s lives.

Now, an intellectually curious person would probably ask what has driven many of these SA and LA countries to be so rife with crime and corruption. I’m curious to see what your answer to that question is.

Of course you won't. Take your football and go back to mommy's.
I could have said this to you a long, long time ago. Guess I am a gluten for ignorant conversation sometimes.
a1083.gif

• Haha
Reactions: nytigerfan
I’m far from an expert on immigration; I’m just not a knuckledragging buffoon.

You’re not seeing that. You’re seeing estimations of that many encounters over the course of 4 years.

What’s changed? I’d say it’s a combination of factors that are leading to the increase in encounters. Climate change negatively impacting South and Latin American countries coupled with violence driven by a combination of corrupt governments and gangs in SA and LA are probably the most likely culprits. People are fleeing to the US in hopes of bettering their and their children’s lives.

Now, an intellectually curious person would probably ask what has driven many of these SA and LA countries to be so rife with crime and corruption. I’m curious to see what your answer to that question is.
You can't really be serious with what you just typed. What a crock of pseudo-intellectual crap!
I guess I'm really not seeing thousands of illegal immigrants coming across our border daily, and if I am it is because of climate change in other countries. LMAO

Want to flee to this country? Do it legally!!

No, intellectually curious person would not ask this last question because they would already know the obvious answer or at least part of the answer!

Now I am sure you will reply with some degrading bullshit and think you are punching down, but my friend you are the Buffon!

Thanks, you made my night. Hopefully the BB game tonight will just be cheery on top!

Incorrect 100%.

Put his slimy @$$ on trial!!

BREAKING: Sen. Mike Lee Brings Business to a Halt in US Senate Until Democrats Hold Impeachment Trial for DHS Secretary Mayorkas – For Deliberately Implementing Open Borders Disaster

“For weeks now Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer has refused to hold the Senate trial for DHS Secretary Mayorkas.”

Hans Von Spakovsky: “The Senate has a special rule that it put in place, a parliamentary rule, to handle impeachments.

The rule was implemented back in the 1980s. That rule calls for a trial. There is no language in there whatsoever that simply allows a motion to dismiss and a vote on a motion to dismiss.

Plus, look, the Constitution says the House votes on whether to impeach a federal official, and the Senate then is responsible for holding a trial and determining whether they are guilty or should be acquitted. There’s nothing in there about not h not holding a trial and simply throwing it out.”

• Haha

BREAKING: Sen. Mike Lee Brings Business to a Halt in US Senate Until Democrats Hold Impeachment Trial for DHS Secretary Mayorkas – For Deliberately Implementing Open Borders Disaster

“For weeks now Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer has refused to hold the Senate trial for DHS Secretary Mayorkas.”

Hans Von Spakovsky: “The Senate has a special rule that it put in place, a parliamentary rule, to handle impeachments.

The rule was implemented back in the 1980s. That rule calls for a trial. There is no language in there whatsoever that simply allows a motion to dismiss and a vote on a motion to dismiss.

Plus, look, the Constitution says the House votes on whether to impeach a federal official, and the Senate then is responsible for holding a trial and determining whether they are guilty or should be acquitted. There’s nothing in there about not h not holding a trial and simply throwing it out.”

My Republican colleagues are wasting the Senate’s time​

Articles of impeachment against Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas fail to allege an impeachable offense.

Mayorkas was just completely exonerated by the United States Senate.

Reactions: dpic73

Chuck Schumer just refused to hold a trial for the impeachment of Secretary Mayorkas who is single-handedly responsible for carrying out Biden’s deadly border invasion.

I’m amazed that I had to threaten to force a privileged resolution vote on my articles of impeachment every single week in order to get the House to impeach Mayorkas.

It should not be this hard to bring accountability to those who are destroying our country.

But it’s even more outrageous that the Senate did not even hold a trial.

Senate recorded vote was 51-49.

When a SC justice dies 9 months before the election in an election year when Democrats hold office the Republicans say it's unconstitutional to swear in a new justice.

When a SC justice dies 6 weeks before the election in an election year when Republicans hold office, the Republicans force the appointment through.

Am i doing this right?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT