ADVERTISEMENT

I’m hearing not all players there. Don’t all agree with protest.

Why are you bringing up BLM? He didn't mention it in his post. Or are you saying Dabo doesn't give two shits about black people in general?

That’s really how you read it? My god man. I’m talking about the organization. A lot of the players are wearing BLM shirts. That‘s to be expected but I guarantee you Dabo couldn’t care less about BLM.

Reactions: Dbatz
If you got the stats, lay them out.

Also, no kid of mine would ever be part of your class. Pretty sure you'd be afraid of him/her for "statistical" reasons.
Lol, I wouldn’t be afraid of anyone for any reason. Our members show respect to others, learn self confidence, learn self discipline, are shown the value of goal setting and persistence, and learn the value of human life and how to protect it. We have instructors of all races, college wrestlers, even a college professor. Everyone Is made to feel welcome, and become better people by joining. None of my students will ever be anything other than respectful to police, they will have clear avenues to follow if mistreated in any way. If any student of mine is mistreated by police I will be the very first in line to address it. Statistically, the skills we give our minority students will be needed against other minorities, not the renegade police officer.

And you are incapable of even making a valid argument because you know you will get exposed as a race baiting clown. Try me? Please! I’ll start, tell me how many unarmed black men were shot by police in the past 5 years? Do you even know? Do you even know the circumstances behind each one? I get it, I see blacks make it every day, they succeed and thrive based on anyone’s definition of success. They live their lives like all the other successful people, not by making excuses, by being an active parent in their kids lives, by teaching their kids to respect authority, then handle any wrongdoing after the fact. I’m pretty sure every single cop in America wears a body cam, or has a dash camera.

I feel like I'm gonna regret this. But gerrymandering is a perfect example of systemic racism. It's lead directly to lesser people of color in elected office. Take a look at Austin for a good example. Republicans in charge (and yes, Dems do this too) split up blocks of minority voters to dillute their ability to win elections. That led directly to more whites elected (primarily republicans in Texas, but again, Dems do this too).

When the people in charge of the system change the rules to make sure a particular block (namely black and Hispanic folks) have less power in elections, thats systemic racism. The systems of power we have in the country are literally designed by white people to exclude people of color. See also, red lining in mortgages.

LOL...you're in this thread using stats provided by the police to prove that the police aren't killing unarmed black men more than unarmed white men.
FBI stats, do you think they are biased? Ask Trump! Trust me, the FBI would smudge the crap out of the numbers if they valued. Any shooting in America by cops goes to oversight committees who investigate. Cops kill on average 2 unarmed whites for every black. Doesn’t fit your selective outrage agenda, that’s on you.

Reactions: TigerGrowls
I feel like I'm gonna regret this. But gerrymandering is a perfect example of systemic racism. It's lead directly to lesser people of color in elected office. Take a look at Austin for a good example. Republicans in charge (and yes, Dems do this too) split up blocks of minority voters to dillute their ability to win elections. That led directly to more whites elected (primarily republicans in Texas, but again, Dems do this too).

When the people in charge of the system change the rules to make sure a particular block (namely black and Hispanic folks) have less power in elections, thats systemic racism. The systems of power we have in the country are literally designed by white people to exclude people of color. See also, red lining in mortgages.
Nah man you just gotta pull yourself up by your bootstraps and work hard...

Half the ones there are only there because they want to avoid controversy by not being there. I think we should take valid crime statistics and hold protests that are in proportion to the actual numbers. I was talking to a bunch of 14-16 year olds at the gym today, when this topic came up I asked them if they knew how often unarmed black men were killed by police, the answer they gave me was “every day”. When I challenged the distortion they were being fed off social media and tv, 2 of them pulled out their phones and began digging, to their surprise the actual rate of incidence was extremely low, very rare. One actually said, “why don’t they tell us this?” Another comment was “why aren’t people being told this?” Those 4 now have a different perspective on all that’s going on, based on FBI statistics, not my opinion or anyone else’s.
Education certainly is the key, the better informed you are of the FACTS, the better you are able to express the appropriate reaction.

FYI, the FBI statistics only tell part of the story when it comes to the aggregate number of police killings. A relatively small percentage of precincts report their data on police shootings to the FBI. Tim Scott has actually tried to introduce a bill multiple times that would require police departments to report specific data in police shootings, but it has been shot down each time.

But that cuts both ways, it was created, and usually benefits minorities. I don’t have a problem with it because it does give minorities deserved representation they may not get otherwise.

FBI stats, do you think they are biased? Ask Trump! Trust me, the FBI would smudge the crap out of the numbers if they valued. Any shooting in America by cops goes to oversight committees who investigate. Cops kill on average 2 unarmed whites for every black. Doesn’t fit your selective outrage agenda, that’s on you.

Your singular focus on killings by police (though proportionally still out of whack to the general population) is the problem. yes, that is part of what's being talked about, but it's not close to the whole thing.

Blacks are.more likely to be pulled over for a traffic violation. Black kids are significantly more likely to be arrested for something they did in school. Black weed smokers are significantly more likely to go to jail/be arrested even though we know whites smoke weed as similar levels. It's a long list man.

But that cuts both ways, it was created, and usually benefits minorities. I don’t have a problem with it because it does give minorities deserved representation they may not get otherwise.

What world do you live in that gerrymandering "usually" benefits minorities? That's just absolutely untrue. It's nuts you think that. Based on, of course, zero evidence.

Here's what I would encourage you to consider:

I guess in a way I am going to shoot myself in the foot. Because I do believe that we caused a lot of this with how integration was handled. First, let me say this isn't because I don't support integration. It's because when we did this, our nation was still virulently racist and equal opportunity was not possible in any way. When you look at the statistics related to black wealth, employment, marriage rates, out of wedlock child birth, crime, etc. all of them were better before integration. Once we integrated, very few whites in America would ever consider using black businesses. We created massive problems at every level in the black community because of how racist our country was at that time. When we integrated, it was a very poorly thought out process and we basically stole black wealth and forced black Americans into poverty. Then, instead of fixing the problems Democrats offered up social welfare programs to institutionalize the black vote and enslave people on government aid. So I guess in that way we do have systemic racism but not in the way most people think.

All the graphs you put up depict serious problems. I'm not saying everything is just fantastic. But you can't use that set of graphs and not use the set that talks about the massive violent crime problems that lead us to 53% of murders being committed by about 7% of the population and the fact that the cities with the most violence toward black Americans whether it be from police or violent offenders are 100% controlled by Democrats and in most cases, black leadership.

One of the primary goals of the Civil Rights movement was to give blacks a seat at the table in America that they had so long been denied. Now they serve (underrepresented for sure) at all levels of government and in our big cities, a large percentage of city leadership is black. Even as the representation has been gained, problems have worsened. This isn't systemic. It's environmental. We need to deal with the environmental issues that are hurting black Americans and really all Americans. Again, a lot of this is also socioeconomic. It isn't all racial. We're just painting with this broad brush and that's not going to solve problems.

We have serious policing issues in this country and they are problems for every group of people. You can be black and succeed in this country just the same as anyone else. But yes, you're going to face some asswipes along the way who look at you for your skin color instead of your abilities. That's never going to stop being the case. All we can do is leave those folks behind. I get what you're saying about corporate culture and other issues were companies have token people to try and point out how inclusive they are. My argument is that perhaps when we stop focusing so much on this and scaring the crap out of people about race and how to act around certain groups of people, maybe we can actually become more inclusive.

This week here in my district out of the 5 candidates for our House primary seat, 3 of them were black and as you might imagine, this was on the Republican side. That's wonderful to see. I am actively campaigning for an supporting a black man for our Cobb County Commissioner here. He's an awesome man and he believes like me that we have to go after the issue of race from a new angle. If he wins, he's going to be able to make a difference. He would tell you he's faced racism in his life. He's been stopped by the Police for no reason. He also served in the Army for 21 years and was a successful officer. He's started businesses, served on boards and had every opportunity to advance himself and his family. It wasn't all easy but he could do it and has.

Let's go back to the drawing board on all this. There are problems in the way we do things. There are problems in our society. But if you don't address the eye popping issues like violent crime, fatherlessness (for all races), poor educational choices in cities run by very poor leaders and the issue of cultural rot we have that comes out of everything from our music to our games and movies, then you're not going to make progress. We need a holistic approach.

Last edited:
What world do you live in that gerrymandering "usually" benefits minorities? That's just absolutely untrue. It's nuts you think that. Based on, of course, zero evidence.

Gonna have to agree with @iceheart08 here. Gerrymandering doesn't benefit anyone. I understand what @Dbatz is saying but gerrymandering means we have more partisan and extremist districts. Votes are no longer earned. It's been a very poisonous pill for our country and as we've done it more and more, both parties have declined dramatically to where we have two absolutely horrible political parties in this country now.

Your singular focus on killings by police (though proportionally still out of whack to the general population) is the problem. yes, that is part of what's being talked about, but it's not close to the whole thing.

Blacks are.more likely to be pulled over for a traffic violation. Black kids are significantly more likely to be arrested for something they did in school. Black weed smokers are significantly more likely to go to jail/be arrested even though we know whites smoke weed as similar levels. It's a long list man.
Blacks are.more likely to be pulled over for a traffic violation. Black kids are significantly more likely to be arrested for something they did in school. Black weed smokers are significantly more likely to go to jail/be arrested even though we know whites smoke weed as similar levels. It's a long list man.[/QUOTE]

And I will tell you they put a target on their back far more often than is necessary, and it’s avoidable with a little respect, and less belligerence towards police. If you would ride with police for a month you would have a completely different perspective. The biggest racial profilers I have ever ridden with are other black officers. Many many in the black community teach their sons to disrespect the police, teach them not to cooperate. This is a huge problem, it is a blueprint for escalation. Today there are safeguards in place to weed out bad cops, but being uncooperative and belligerent is not the answer, it literally accomplishes nothing other than strengthening stereotypes(which goes back to your point on being targeted)

Here's what I would encourage you to consider:

I guess in a way I am going to shoot myself in the foot. Because I do believe that we caused a lot of this with how integration was handled. First, let me say this isn't because I don't support integration. It's because when we did this, our nation was still virulently racist and equal opportunity was not possible in any way When you look at the statistics related to black wealth, employment, marriage rates, out of wedlock child birth, crime, etc. all of them were better before integration. Once we integrated, very few whites in America would ever consider using black businesses. When we integrated, it was a very poorly thought out process and we basically stole black wealth and forced black Americans into poverty. Then, instead of fixing the problems Democrats offered up social welfare programs to institutionalize the black vote and enslave people on government aid. So I guess in that way we do have systemic racism but not in the way most people think.

All the graphs you put up depict serious problems. I'm not saying everything is just fantastic. But you can't use that set of graphs and not use the set that talks about the massive violent crime problems that lead us to 53% of murders being committed by about 7% of the population and the fact that the cities with the most violence toward black Americans whether it be from police or violent offenders are 100% controlled by Democrats and in most cases, black leadership.

One of the primary goals of the Civil Rights movement was to give blacks a seat at the table in America that they had so long been denied. Now they serve (underrepresented for sure) at all levels of government and in our big cities, a large percentage of city leadership is black. Even as the representation has been gained, problems have worsened. This isn't systemic. It's environmental. We need to deal with the environmental issues that are hurting black Americans and really all Americans. Again, a lot of this is also socioeconomic. It isn't all racial. We're just painting with this broad brush and that's not going to solve problems.

We have serious policing issues in this country and they are problems for every group of people. You can be black and succeed in this country just the same as anyone else. But yes, you're going to face some asswipes along the way who look at you for your skin color instead of your abilities. That's never going to stop being the case. All we can do is leave those folks behind. I get what you're saying about corporate culture and other issues were companies have token people to try and point out how inclusive they are. My argument is that perhaps when we stop focusing so much on this and scaring the crap out of people about race and how to act around certain groups of people, maybe we can actually become more inclusive.

This week here in my district out of the 5 candidates for our House primary seat, 3 of them were black and as you might imagine, this was on the Republican side. That's wonderful to see. I am actively campaigning for an supporting a black man for our Cobb County Commissioner here. He's an awesome man and he believes like me that we have to go after the issue of race from a new angle. If he wins, he's going to be able to make a difference. He would tell you he's faced racism in his life. He's been stopped by the Police for no reason. He also served in the Army for 21 years and was a successful officer. He's started businesses, served on boards and had every opportunity to advance himself and his family. It wasn't all easy but he could do it and has.

Let's go back to the drawing board on all this. There are problems in the way we do things. There are problems in our society. But if you don't address the eye popping issues like violent crime, fatherlessness (for all races), poor educational choices in cities run by very poor leaders and the issue of cultural rot we have that comes out of everything from our music to our games and movies, then you're not going to make progress. We need a holistic approach.

Democrats have failed black people. Especially in cities. And the black leaders we elect and feel good about (like Michael Hancock in Denver) turn into oppressors because of the way our political system works (always running for office and fundraising from rich people).

But, to some extent, you are agreeing with me that the systems that govern our country are racist against black people. You just won't call it what it is. It's not environmental though, it's intentional. It might not be intentionally racist. There wasn't a bunch of white liberals in Denver thinking about ways to **** over blacks. But they were damn sure thinking about ways to help their friends. And guess what, their friends are white. This is still systemic racism.

I agree. Let's go back to the drawing board. On everything.

Gonna have to agree with @iceheart08 here. Gerrymandering doesn't benefit anyone. I understand what @Dbatz is saying but gerrymandering means we have more partisan and extremist districts. Votes are no longer earned. It's been a very poisonous pill for our country and as we've done it more and more, both parties have declined dramatically to where we have two absolutely horrible political parties in this country now.

Do away with gerrymandering and our two party system and we will solve SOOOOOO many problems. At this point, I'd even describe the way the main stream media operates as a symptom of the two party system.

Democrats have failed black people. Especially in cities. And the black leaders we elect and feel good about (like Michael Hancock in Denver) turn into oppressors because of the way our political system works (always running for office and fundraising from rich people).

But, to some extent, you are agreeing with me that the systems that govern our country are racist against black people. You just won't call it what it is. It's not environmental though, it's intentional. It might not be intentionally racist. There wasn't a bunch of white liberals in Denver thinking about ways to **** over blacks. But they were damn sure thinking about ways to help their friends. And guess what, their friends are white. This is still systemic racism.

I agree. Let's go back to the drawing board. On everything.

Respectfully I would say when you're talking about gangs, violent crime, fatherlessness and cultural rot you are talking about environmental issues. If you remove those problems, things are a hell of a lot different. We can beat this and we don't need a new system to do it. We need leadership and a recognition that certain moral principles are timeless and absolutely needed for humans to thrive and succeed. If you strip government of its power and instead empower people then you no longer have the problems that you're talking about.

Half the ones there are only there because they want to avoid controversy by not being there. I think we should take valid crime statistics and hold protests that are in proportion to the actual numbers. I was talking to a bunch of 14-16 year olds at the gym today, when this topic came up I asked them if they knew how often unarmed black men were killed by police, the answer they gave me was “every day”. When I challenged the distortion they were being fed off social media and tv, 2 of them pulled out their phones and began digging, to their surprise the actual rate of incidence was extremely low, very rare. One actually said, “why don’t they tell us this?” Another comment was “why aren’t people being told this?” Those 4 now have a different perspective on all that’s going on, based on FBI statistics, not my opinion or anyone else’s.
Education certainly is the key, the better informed you are of the FACTS, the better you are able to express the appropriate reaction.
What are the statistics in regards to how often people are stereotyped and discriminated against because of their skin color?

Reactions: cyclotiger
Respectfully I would say when you're talking about gangs, violent crime, fatherlessness and cultural rot you are talking about environmental issues. If you remove those problems, things are a hell of a lot different. We can beat this and we don't need a new system to do it. We need leadership and a recognition that certain moral principles are timeless and absolutely needed for humans to thrive and succeed. If you strip government of its power and instead empower people then you no longer have the problems that you're talking about.

I would argue that these are the result of systemic racism. When you can't get a loan to buy a house because mortgage companies refuse to provide loans to people in certain communities, you can't build multi generational wealth. You can't build a foundation.

Whenare arrested at far higher rates and have a record it's significantly more difficult to get long term employment or a "career".

These things add up to create the problem we have today.

Do away with gerrymandering and our two party system and we will solve SOOOOOO many problems. At this point, I'd even describe the way the main stream media operates as a symptom of the two party system.
This is likely the only like you will ever get from me lol. The 2 party system is toxic, they pit us against one another. The system is flawed in that by the time anyone is elected they are bought and paid for by special interests and big money corps. People by in large are single issue voters, and adopt all of the other nonsense their “party” subscribes as their own because It strengthens the side they need to win in order for their issue to be best represented. I talk to black, Mexicans, etc all the time who love the 2nd amendment, disagree with abortion, and can’t stand the homosexual movement, but the keep pushing the D button because they think democrats will better take care of them. I also talk to whites who think republicans have too many ties to big business, think the fiscal side of conservatism does not best favor them, but they know the other side will support abortion or try to take their guns, so they pick what they see as the lesser of 2 evils.

Reactions: gb65 and cyclotiger
Reactions: Dbatz
What are the statistics in regards to how often people are stereotyped and discriminated against because of their skin color?
I grew up working for a rich white man, paid me 10 dollars a day to pick up tobacco leaves and sucker tobacco. I began unloading barns at 7 am and usually got home around 6. The 2 cokes and toastchee crackers I got at break was subtracted from my $10.00. I did get free lunch. I didn’t have a hair dryer un my house until I was 10, first name brand tennis shoes at the age of 13. If anyone remember the family dollar “cuga” Nike lookalikes, that’s what I wore. My family didn’t have a ton of land, no big inheritance, nothing. Everyone has a story, many people you assume have the proverbial silver spoon actually had to dig up from nothing. ‘The man” has screwed me and my family as much as pretty much anyone, my grandparents lost their 60 acre farm during the depression over a 200 dollar bill they could no longer pay on.

You are the biggest douche/dickhead on this site. Dabo absolutely cares about BLM. He loves his players, and I can guarantee you that he hurts for them. Go crawl back under your rock.
He absolutely cares about blacks, blm he probably hates with a passion.

I would argue that these are the result of systemic racism. When you can't get a loan to buy a house because mortgage companies refuse to provide loans to people in certain communities, you can't build multi generational wealth. You can't build a foundation.

Whenare arrested at far higher rates and have a record it's significantly more difficult to get long term employment or a "career".

These things add up to create the problem we have today.

I've been a mortgage loan officer for 25 years. And no way can we discriminate against anyone based on their race or gender. I'm tested every year and every loan I make is tracked and has been for the entire time I have done this. there is no possible way to discriminate against people on a long-term basis and why would anyone want to in the first place because we are paid to do loans and discrimination just doesn't pay. That narrative that is passed around is pure bulshit.

You are the biggest douche/dickhead on this site. Dabo absolutely cares about BLM. He loves his players, and I can guarantee you that he hurts for them. Go crawl back under your rock.

That organization is the biggest con going right now. Horrible organization and it's really just a wing of the extreme left Democratic party. They don't really care about black people. They care about power.

I've been a mortgage loan officer for 25 years. And no way can we discriminate against anyone based on their race or gender. I'm tested every year and every loan I make is tracked and has been for the entire time I have done this. there is no possible way to discriminate against people on a long-term basis and why would anyone want to in the first place because we are paid to do loans and discrimination just doesn't pay. That narrative that is passed around is pure bulshit.

that's nice. redlining was real.

there are literally thousands of stories and studies on it. here's one.

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/ne...ood-formed-amid-racist-practices-in-the-1930s

here's another: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...years-ago-its-still-hurting-minorities-today/

here's another: https://www.citylab.com/equity/2018/04/how-the-fair-housing-act-failed-black-homeowners/557576/

That organization is the biggest con going right now. Horrible organization and it's really just a wing of the extreme left Democratic party. They don't really care about black people. They care about power.

BLM literally is not a wing of the democratic party. literally. BLM activists on the ground abhor democrats. they consider us worse than conservatives because they think (and arent wrong) dems are two-faced. we proclaim to be the party of diversity and then focus our attention on supporting and promoting white folks.

Reactions: cyclotiger

Think whatever you would like liberal. It’s so funny how you follow me around everywhere on a message board like a little peasant. I clearly own space in your head.

It was real. It isn't real now. Was is past. We are in the present pointing toward the future.

It was real. It isn't real now. Was is past. We are in the present pointing toward the future.

im not saying its real now. im saying that caused problems that haven't gone away (as 2 of those articles point out). and that our current system perpetuates by arresting and throwing black men in jail at astronomical rates, for crimes that white people commit and don't go to jail for. Its part of the CAUSE of all those issues you are identifying as environmental. Im saying those issues in the black and brown community are a direct results of systemic racism. That we haven't ever dealt with.

im not saying its real now. im saying that caused problems that haven't gone away (as 2 of those articles point out). and that our current system perpetuates by arresting and throwing black men in jail at astronomical rates, for crimes that white people commit and don't go to jail for. Its part of the CAUSE of all those issues you are identifying as environmental. Im saying those issues in the black and brown community are a direct results of systemic racism. That we haven't ever dealt with.

whatever the cause when you look at the violent crime rate and the robbery rate and the incarceration rate of black men they all line up whether we like it or not. that's why I said we have serious environmental issues. That's not to say that there aren't sentencing problems but they aren't nearly as big as people make them out to be

this is obviously not ok. i dont know why you think this disproves the notion that our systems oppress people of color though.
Our ‘system’ in this country somewhat oppresses people of color in this country in the area of employment. And not in getting a job, people of color can get a job as quick as anyone. I mean in the upper management positions. The positions of management , hiring etc. I have no clue why there isn’t more emphasis from the communities on this. This whole cop thing IMO is a load of bs. 9 unarmed black men killed by cops last year and to hear the Communist News Network and MSDNC tell it you’d think it was genocide going on. 13 unarmed white ppl were killed by cops.

But to the point of the video link ... 85% of the felonious interracial attacks in this country involving blacks and whites (from 2012-2015) were committed by blacks against whites. And they are 13% of the population in this country. 15% are white on black. That accounts for over 540,000 attacks of blacks on whites in this country during that time period. So this video I sent you isn’t some ‘one off’, isolated incident involving some bad kids. This happens constantly. Why isn’t this plastered all over the news networks? Because it doesn’t fit the liberal narrative that all white Americans are all racist and wearing white hoods. Seems to me the evidence suggests some ‘real’ racism in this country but not perpetrated by whites.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT