ADVERTISEMENT

I’m hearing not all players there. Don’t all agree with protest.

Your singular focus on killings by police (though proportionally still out of whack to the general population) is the problem. yes, that is part of what's being talked about, but it's not close to the whole thing.

Blacks are.more likely to be pulled over for a traffic violation. Black kids are significantly more likely to be arrested for something they did in school. Black weed smokers are significantly more likely to go to jail/be arrested even though we know whites smoke weed as similar levels. It's a long list man.
Black kids are also far more likely to not have a daddy. That is the overwhelming issue imo. How do you solve that? And dont say, more money and education. Thats been the answer for yrs yet the statistics worsen.

You are the biggest douche/dickhead on this site. Dabo absolutely cares about BLM. He loves his players, and I can guarantee you that he hurts for them. Go crawl back under your rock.

Dabo and BLM aside.... you’re the one living under a rock... in fear of the flu.

Haha

Here's what I would encourage you to consider:

I guess in a way I am going to shoot myself in the foot. Because I do believe that we caused a lot of this with how integration was handled. First, let me say this isn't because I don't support integration. It's because when we did this, our nation was still virulently racist and equal opportunity was not possible in any way. When you look at the statistics related to black wealth, employment, marriage rates, out of wedlock child birth, crime, etc. all of them were better before integration. Once we integrated, very few whites in America would ever consider using black businesses. We created massive problems at every level in the black community because of how racist our country was at that time. When we integrated, it was a very poorly thought out process and we basically stole black wealth and forced black Americans into poverty. Then, instead of fixing the problems Democrats offered up social welfare programs to institutionalize the black vote and enslave people on government aid. So I guess in that way we do have systemic racism but not in the way most people think.

All the graphs you put up depict serious problems. I'm not saying everything is just fantastic. But you can't use that set of graphs and not use the set that talks about the massive violent crime problems that lead us to 53% of murders being committed by about 7% of the population and the fact that the cities with the most violence toward black Americans whether it be from police or violent offenders are 100% controlled by Democrats and in most cases, black leadership.

One of the primary goals of the Civil Rights movement was to give blacks a seat at the table in America that they had so long been denied. Now they serve (underrepresented for sure) at all levels of government and in our big cities, a large percentage of city leadership is black. Even as the representation has been gained, problems have worsened. This isn't systemic. It's environmental. We need to deal with the environmental issues that are hurting black Americans and really all Americans. Again, a lot of this is also socioeconomic. It isn't all racial. We're just painting with this broad brush and that's not going to solve problems.

We have serious policing issues in this country and they are problems for every group of people. You can be black and succeed in this country just the same as anyone else. But yes, you're going to face some asswipes along the way who look at you for your skin color instead of your abilities. That's never going to stop being the case. All we can do is leave those folks behind. I get what you're saying about corporate culture and other issues were companies have token people to try and point out how inclusive they are. My argument is that perhaps when we stop focusing so much on this and scaring the crap out of people about race and how to act around certain groups of people, maybe we can actually become more inclusive.

This week here in my district out of the 5 candidates for our House primary seat, 3 of them were black and as you might imagine, this was on the Republican side. That's wonderful to see. I am actively campaigning for an supporting a black man for our Cobb County Commissioner here. He's an awesome man and he believes like me that we have to go after the issue of race from a new angle. If he wins, he's going to be able to make a difference. He would tell you he's faced racism in his life. He's been stopped by the Police for no reason. He also served in the Army for 21 years and was a successful officer. He's started businesses, served on boards and had every opportunity to advance himself and his family. It wasn't all easy but he could do it and has.

Let's go back to the drawing board on all this. There are problems in the way we do things. There are problems in our society. But if you don't address the eye popping issues like violent crime, fatherlessness (for all races), poor educational choices in cities run by very poor leaders and the issue of cultural rot we have that comes out of everything from our music to our games and movies, then you're not going to make progress. We need a holistic approach.
I don't want any problems or anything but your 1st paragraph is exactly the issue. It needs to be fixed and people should be open to fixing it.

You don't believe there is systemic racism. We got it. No reason to make up fake stories. It's not a good look.

do you have a definition of "systemic racism"?

black people can:

get an education
get a job
join the military
join a church
enjoy shopping
enjoy hiking
buy a car
buy a house
have kids
invest money

what can white people do now- that black people cant do?

the only thing i see is that cops do use excessive force sometimes on poor people when they are not resisting arrest.

an occasionally murder

so what can we do give blacks more opportunity

I don't want any problems or anything but your 1st paragraph is exactly the issue. It needs to be fixed and people should be open to fixing it.

Can't fix it sadly. We are Americans. We have to work together to move past it and that's the challenge.

Reactions: cyclotiger
My wife is a title one teacher and the entire first two minutes of that video is completely false. She actually gets extra pay for working in a title 1 school. I mean it could not be moron factual basis. Also that is a socio-economic argument because it's Jamal was white and all of the people around him a wife situation would be the same and it is the same in areas of this country where that takes place. It's not a racial argument. Unless of course the person making the video is saying that only black people can be poor and that are capable of doing any better which I flatly reject.

Listened to the rest of the video, I'd actually be fine with school funding not coming from property taxes. We are very fortunate and we've chosen to send our kids to private school where our kids are minorities in their classes. Their classes are majority black and Hispanic and it is a wonderful school with a wonderful environment. Of course, the private school is just a quarter mile away from the Title 1 school my wife taught in.

In the video, the narrator made it all about past policies, money and he put the onus on others to resolve these problems because it's somehow their fault. Families with 2 parents in the home have a poverty rate of 9% in the US. Families with a single parent are about 39% poverty rate. Now factor in that 70% of black families only have one parent. There's your problem. It's not to say that implicit bias doesn't happen. I know it does. That's about the only part of that video I agreed with. I didn't have any wealth passed to me and I had to work my way to everything I have. Let's just say you're right and it's slightly easier because I am white. There are a lot of people around me who have succeeded in spite of those things.

I have the privilege of working with an Iranian family. They are discriminated against by everyone here because perception is often that they come from a terrorist state and therefore they must be terrorists. One by one they bring family members here and help them get a fresh start in the United States. They own a business so they can help family get started, build credit, build assets and income and then go out and buy a home. This is possible even today but it first requires a functioning family unit.

Drive into poor areas and you'll see the issues. We have gang issues, drug issues, vandalism issues and they don't feel safe. Tupac Shakur said it well.

“The same crime element that white people are scared of black people are scared of. While they waiting for legislation to pass, we next door to the killer. All them killers they let out,they're in that building. Just because we black, we get along with the killers? What is that? We need protection too.”

There's definitely a need for a fairer shake in society in many areas. But there's also a great need for people to look in the mirror and realize they aren't a victim and that they can improve their circumstances in life. They don't need to wait for others to do it. There are blacks represent about 13% of the total population in the United States. They also represent about 12% of the number of millionaires in the United States. It can be done! We need to celebrate that great success more and stop spending our time as victims.

do you have a definition of "systemic racism"?

black people can:

get an education
get a job
join the military
join a church
enjoy shopping
enjoy hiking
buy a car
buy a house
have kids
invest money

what can white people do now- that black people cant do?

the only thing i see is that cops do use excessive force sometimes on poor people when they are not resisting arrest.

an occasionally murder

so what can we do give blacks more opportunity
Sadly, 99% of the time, the supposed victim is breaking a law and then running or resisting arrest. I don’t see other minority’s having these issues. As a matter of fact, a lot Asians and Latinos are fairly new to the country and Yet are contributing and thriving bigtime in their communities. For whatever reason, some American Indians and many African Americans rather indulge in alcohol and drugs, rather than make something of themselves. Also the media does ignore black on black crime and black on white crime. There’s no excuse for that other than their fanatically Marxist agenda.

Sadly, 99% of the time, the supposed victim is breaking a law and then running or resisting arrest. I don’t see other minority’s having these issues. As a matter of fact, a lot Asians and Latinos are fairly new to the country and Yet are contributing and thriving bigtime in their communities. For whatever reason, some American Indians and many African Americans rather indulge in alcohol and drugs, rather than make something of themselves. Also the media does ignore black on black crime and black on white crime. There’s no excuse for that other than their fanatically Marxist agenda.

Earle isn’t even pretending anymore. Jesus Christ

Hey @Cris_Ard when is Earle going to be put in time out?

Earle isn’t even pretending anymore. Jesus Christ

Hey @Cris_Ard when is Earle going to be put in time out?
Facts are stubborn things. Last time I checked, I had a right to my opinion. The silent majority will roar in November. Libs always, always over play their hand. If you call me a racist for voting for Trump, then I’ll call you a pedophile for voting for Biden. See how that works?
I’m off to my boat for the afternoon. See ya later loser

You don't believe there is systemic racism. We got it. No reason to make up fake stories. It's not a good look.
I think the pint is if YOU think there is systemic racism then show us the hard data, the statistics. The government and educational studies. Here in lies your problem and to his point, you can’t.
You can’t because it isn’t demonstrably provable. You can’t prove it because it’s an emotional argument based on outrage and or political ideology and there are no actual facts to support your belief as much as it feels good to you to believe it. If so then please by all means prove your belief, all us people who aren’t feeling guilty for something we have absolutely nothing to do with are waiting eagerly.

Reactions: Earle36
I think the pint is if YOU think there is systemic racism then show us the hard data, the statistics. The government and educational studies. Here in lies your problem and to his point, you can’t.
You can’t because it isn’t demonstrably provable. You can’t prove it because it’s an emotional argument based on outrage and or political ideology and there are no actual facts to support your belief as much as it feels good to you to believe it. If so then please by all means prove your belief, all us people who aren’t feeling guilty for something we have absolutely nothing to do with are waiting eagerly.
There has actually been facts to support my post. Read the thread. Or post your same Covid post. Your choice.

Lol. Read the thread. Specifically my post with an article from business insider. There is gross inequality almost across the board.

Edit: here, I found it for you: https://www.businessinsider.com/us-systemic-racism-in-charts-graphs-data-2020-6

Last edited:
Facts are stubborn things. Last time I checked, I had a right to my opinion. The silent majority will roar in November. Libs always, always over play their hand. If you call me a racist for voting for Trump, then I’ll call you a pedophile for voting for Biden. See how that works?

Live shot of Earl on his "boat"

RedneckBassBoat.jpg

Reactions: anon_yqoaxol227dby
I think that it's great that not all the players were there, if in fact that was the case.

It means that it was not mandatory. Which it shouldn't have been. It also means that some players had the courage to resist peer pressure. Good on them.

Reactions: cyclotiger
I think that it's great that not all the players were there, if in fact that was the case.

It means that it was not mandatory. Which it shouldn't have been. It also means that some players had the courage to resist peer pressure. Good on them.
Facts

ok ice

so first chart shows 3 races, all employed about the same. Hispanics work harder and are more family oriented than white or blacks. surprised the graph left off Asians. they should protest.

second the unemployment rate of just blacks and white. hispanics were left off. they are now protesting along with Asians. graph means nothing.

3rd graph jumps to CEOs. argues vastly under represented black people compared to Asians and Hispanics.

ok

so im done with this bs article.

bottom line for black people.

focus on education.

get a job

try to rise to the top like the rest of us

white people are gonna give you a short cut.

we didn't give Hispanics a short cut.\

we don't give ourselves short cuts unless we are wired wrong.

and yes many rich parents of all colors spoiled their children so they didn't have to climb the hill hard.

don't be jealous and bytch.

I think any African American male can make it in this country.

you couldn't say that 50 years ago.

I think americans, especially white people have done a tremendous job ending racism.

ok ice

so first chart shows 3 races, all employed about the same. Hispanics work harder and are more family oriented than white or blacks. surprised the graph left off Asians. they should protest.

second the unemployment rate of just blacks and white. hispanics were left off. they are now protesting along with Asians. graph means nothing.

3rd graph jumps to CEOs. argues vastly under represented black people compared to Asians and Hispanics.

ok

so im done with this bs article.

bottom line for black people.

focus on education.

get a job

try to rise to the top like the rest of us

white people are gonna give you a short cut.

we didn't give Hispanics a short cut.\

we don't give ourselves short cuts unless we are wired wrong.

and yes many rich parents of all colors spoiled their children so they didn't have to climb the hill hard.

don't be jealous and bytch.

I think any African American male can make it in this country.

you couldn't say that 50 years ago.

I think americans, especially white people have done a tremendous job ending racism.

and you never answered my post.

why

No, people call you a racist because you’re openly racist

That's clearly not the definition of a racist...

ice

im just trying to figure out exactly what a poor white man can do

that a poor black man cant do

those examples would be my definition of racism

but in old times if you called a human a racist- you were implying that human had a high and aggravated nature to kill other humans of other races simply because they were not from that particular humans race. simply fear of the unknown

@iceheart08

well since no one can answer me. I tried to do a search for what as a white man I can do more than we have done over the past 2 generations.

first- peeps want me to give up this so called white privilege. not gonna happen. why? i have no idea what that means. I know there is a thing called rich privilege.

but white privilege. that's bullshyt. get that garbage out of here.

2- was money- having money has nothing to do with color of skin. its luck by being born into it or having family who just gives it to you, or you have to work your ass off because most humans think that labor is as cheap as you can talk a man into. so I agree with money, but not from a white angle. again more bullshyt

3- religion-fukk that one. not giving up holidays. I don't care is Christ was a racist. we are gonna have Christmas. and thanksgiving and easter. dead on arrival.

4- gender privilege- again bs

the more I research into this. the more I am seeing, that this idea of white privilege is bullshyt.

WE HAVE PROFESSORS IN MAJOR UNIVERSITIES, MAYBE CLEMSON, TRYING TO TEACH WHITE PEOPLE THAT THEY ARE BAD.

PLEASE TELL YOUR PROFESSOR TAHT THEY ARE FULL OF SHYT AND NEED TO RESIGN FOR ENDANGERING THE MINDS OF YOUTHS BY LYING TO COVER UP LAZINESS.

maybe that's hats going on. covering up laziness by blaming white people.

beats me. I do not know of one thing that I can do that any of my black friends cant.

not one thing.

im all for reforming police procedures once in custody.

im also for letting all humans out of jail for simple mary jane charges. let them go. remove from records.

alcohol and cigarettes are way more dangerous than mary jane.

@iceheart08

well since no one can answer me. I tried to do a search for what as a white man I can do more than we have done over the past 2 generations.

first- peeps want me to give up this so called white privilege. not gonna happen. why? i have no idea what that means. I know there is a thing called rich privilege.

but white privilege. that's bullshyt. get that garbage out of here.

2- was money- having money has nothing to do with color of skin. its luck by being born into it or having family who just gives it to you, or you have to work your ass off because most humans think that labor is as cheap as you can talk a man into. so I agree with money, but not from a white angle. again more bullshyt

3- religion-fukk that one. not giving up holidays. I don't care is Christ was a racist. we are gonna have Christmas. and thanksgiving and easter. dead on arrival.

4- gender privilege- again bs

the more I research into this. the more I am seeing, that this idea of white privilege is bullshyt.

WE HAVE PROFESSORS IN MAJOR UNIVERSITIES, MAYBE CLEMSON, TRYING TO TEACH WHITE PEOPLE THAT THEY ARE BAD.

PLEASE TELL YOUR PROFESSOR TAHT THEY ARE FULL OF SHYT AND NEED TO RESIGN FOR ENDANGERING THE MINDS OF YOUTHS BY LYING TO COVER UP LAZINESS.

maybe that's hats going on. covering up laziness by blaming white people.

beats me. I do not know of one thing that I can do that any of my black friends cant.

not one thing.

im all for reforming police procedures once in custody.

im also for letting all humans out of jail for simple mary jane charges. let them go. remove from records.

alcohol and cigarettes are way more dangerous than mary jane.

man. I'm just not going to engage with this. you can tag me and mention me all you want. your definition of white privilege is absurd, the same with your definition of racism. and now you are arguing there's no such thing as male privilege? we are a long long way apart man, and I'm just not gonna do it.

Do you honestly think Dabo gives two shits about BLM?

The movement or the organization? Two different things.

What world do you live in that gerrymandering "usually" benefits minorities? That's just absolutely untrue. It's nuts you think that. Based on, of course, zero evidence.

It benefits the politician running for the district. That's the only idea.

Do away with gerrymandering and our two party system and we will solve SOOOOOO many problems. At this point, I'd even describe the way the main stream media operates as a symptom of the two party system.

The libertarians had a real chance at getting on the podium in 2016 - all they needed was 5% of the popular vote and they would be up there in 2020. Instead they mailed it in with the same sad sack they've run for years.

I think political parties are all but inevitible.

BLM literally is not a wing of the democratic party. literally. BLM activists on the ground abhor democrats. they consider us worse than conservatives because they think (and arent wrong) dems are two-faced. we proclaim to be the party of diversity and then focus our attention on supporting and promoting white folks.

Once again - the protesters saying that "Black Lives Matter" (news flash - they do matter) - ie the movement - or the organization under that name? I could see it either way.

The organization is WAY out there in some of their demands, as I understand it (I'd have to dig the list up as I do not want to misrepresent them). We've all learned that they were more correct on police shootings than we wanted to believe. However, this whole "No Police" thing I keep seeing (which may not all be from BLM) has the potential to be an absolute disaster. An entertaining disaster from a distance, but a disaster.

As to the democrats - look what they did to Tulsi Gabbard.

The movement or the organization? Two different things.

It benefits the politician running for the district. That's the only idea.

The libertarians had a real chance at getting on the podium in 2016 - all they needed was 5% of the popular vote and they would be up there in 2020. Instead they mailed it in with the same sad sack they've run for years.

I think political parties are all but inevitible.

Once again - the protesters saying that "Black Lives Matter" (news flash - they do matter) - ie the movement - or the organization under that name? I could see it either way.

The organization is WAY out there in some of their demands, as I understand it (I'd have to dig the list up as I do not want to misrepresent them). We've all learned that they were more correct on police shootings than we wanted to believe. However, this whole "No Police" thing I keep seeing (which may not all be from BLM) has the potential to be an absolute disaster. An entertaining disaster from a distance, but a disaster.

As to the democrats - look what they did to Tulsi Gabbard.

**** tulsi. we dont want her.

Probably time for you to unplug and go to the mountains for a bit. The internet is taking a toll on you.
The mere idea of systemic racism is hilarious. "I didn't get that job because I'm black and they're racist. I got bad grades in school because I'm black and the teacher was racist. My prison sentence was worse than that cracker's because I'm black and the whole system is racist."

LOL...seems to me that if there really was systemic racism in this country, we wouldn't have an immigration problem. Why do all of these POC want to come to suck a racist place?

Nah, systemic racism is the universal excuse used by POC to explain their own failures without accepting responsibility.

Reactions: appalachiatiger
The mere idea of systemic racism is hilarious. "I didn't get that job because I'm black and they're racist. I got bad grades in school because I'm black and the teacher was racist. My prison sentence was worse than that cracker's because I'm black and the whole system is racist."

LOL...seems to me that if there really was systemic racism in this country, we wouldn't have an immigration problem. Why do all of these POC want to come to suck a racist place?

Nah, systemic racism is the universal excuse used by POC to explain their own failures without accepting responsibility.
Its a real issue. There's nothing hilarious about it either. Good to know you are at least ignorant about race issues.

Its a real issue. There's nothing hilarious about it either. Good to know you are at least ignorant about race issues.

That's far worse than just "ignorance". Claiming that poc use the spectre of systemic racism as an excuse for their laziness is actual racism. Like, dictionary definition racism.

Reactions: TheValley91

This is straight up, unabashed, racism.

Reactions: TheValley91
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT