ADVERTISEMENT

If Republicans gain House and Senate will fuel come down?

Simple answer. No. The Congress or President has very little to do with fuel prices.
Don’t be surprised if you see a surge in prices shortly after the election as we begin to refill our emergency reserves, OPEC cuts production, and Europe turns on the heat. Biden will still be the easy target. This time 1/3 of that problem will actually be on him.

Simple answer. No. The Congress or President has very little to do with fuel prices.

This is not entirely accurate. If we have an energy production policy that means we're going to produce vast amounts of oil and gas then yes we would bring to your prices down. That's just an economic reality. The government doesn't produce the energy but it can set the climate for energy production and create a stable long-term market which will encourage investment and production. We should have had that policy for recent years while we work very hard to move into better forms of energy in the future. The current crop of green energy offerings are not going to be things that last in their current form over the long term.

Own a small trucking company and diesel prices have me in a tough spot.

Can a republican congress make the US more energy independent than we have been last two years?
I'd recommend going back a few pages and looking for the forums on gas/oil prices. @WapPride has done a pretty good job on this so look for their posts. Simple answer to me is there are too many factors to tell, particularly when there is an ongoing war. So best answer I'd say is "we'll see".

Best of luck for your business though, I hate that any American business owner is having to deal with this issue at the moment.

Can a republican congress make the US more energy independent than we have been last two years?
In short, no. The Executive Branch--via The Department of the Interior, cabinet level position appointed by the President--has total control over oil and gas permitting.

They are technically answerable to Congress, but that is largely symbolic unless congress wants to impeach them. That's likely a non-starter.

The President selected this position solely for the purpose of strangling oil production.

Reactions: Cocks are Number 1
I’d say there’s more than a 70% chance that won’t happen. A lot of these higher costs for certain things are here to stay for quite a while.

In short, no. The Executive Branch--via The Department of the Interior, cabinet level position appointed by the President--has total control over oil and gas permitting.

They are technically answerable to Congress, but that is largely symbolic unless congress wants to impeach them. That's likely a non-starter.

The President selected this position solely for the purpose of strangling oil production.

Permitting isn't the issue.

Reactions: WapPride
Permitting isn't the issue.
You are right. I should not have implied that. It's a combination of naturally and artificially imposed economic conditions, distribution problems and refinery problems.

If not for the artificially imposed sanctions, the natural upheavals wouldn't/shouldn't be so bad.

Reactions: yoshi121374

I do not think it will come down due to not much that a republican controlled congress could do honestly. Most of what is causing the issues was done via EO from China Joe. The rising interest rates should bring it down at some point. Right now its down some due to Biden using the strategic reserves and then some states waiving the state gas tax like GA has been.

Last edited:
Reactions: Clemson Goat
We continue to be pulled all over the place by this idea that our politicians can have a big effect on pricing in a market that is global. We have had a global pandemic, a very large ground war in Europe with one of the major gas/Natural gas provider in the world. It is pretty naive to not realize all of these things would impact costs/supplies.

I don't remember which person it was,but one of the guys on here can spell it out far better than I can. This isn't a local political issue.

We continue to be pulled all over the place by this idea that our politicians can have a big effect on pricing in a market that is global. We have had a global pandemic, a very large ground war in Europe with one of the major gas/Natural gas provider in the world. It is pretty naive to not realize all of these things would impact costs/supplies.

I don't remember which person it was,but one of the guys on here can spell it out far better than I can. This isn't a local political issue.
You hit it on the head. Global prices are skyrocketing since opec has cut production and Russian oil is blackballed.
Biden could do more on the futures side by giving O&G companies initiatives to expand refining capacity, but he hasn’t. Keep in mind trump didn’t do it either, for all you “Well republicans would fix that” posters out there. We’re essentially trying to overcome a 9mbpd (between Russia sanctions and OPEC cuts) deficit coupled with an increase in fuel consumption in China and other SEA countries.
Biden needs work with our Allies to cut the oil and economic sanctions on Venezuela since they could produce 10x what they do now without really breaking a sweat.

Which political party is in control has little to no bearing on fuel prices. It's not the president's fault when gas prices are high, and it's not to the president's credit when they're low.

This is the most specious of reasonings.

Which political party is in control has little to no bearing on fuel prices. It's not the president's fault when gas prices are high, and it's not to the president's credit when they're low.

This is the most specious of reasonings.
You do understand simple supply and demand isnt the primary thing that drives oil prices like it does most things?

• Haha
Reactions: DW4_2016
no, its obama running things with the NWO.

@areeves, tell him.
You’re catching on….. when China invades Taiwan, we’ll be in hyper-inflation mode & yes, this is all planned out by the NWO. This will put us in the middle of the Third Seal, which is The Rider on The Black Horse, which is Hyper-Inflation

You’re catching on….. when China invades Taiwan, we’ll be in hyper-inflation mode & yes, this is all planned out by the NWO. This will put us in the middle of the Third Seal, which is The Rider on The Black Horse, which is Hyper-Inflation
Ohhhhh, the horses were just symbolism? I see it now. The Bible guys foresaw this 21st century inflation. What are the other 3 horses, out of curiosity?

Ohhhhh, the horses were just symbolism? I see it now. The Bible guys foresaw this 21st century inflation. What are the other 3 horses, out of curiosity?
Read it Revelation 6 & following

Great to here that! There’s a special blessing to those who study Revelation
Well I didn't say I was going to study it, but I am interested in the Bible as a literary work. And I appreciate a lot of its teachings. I'm not a religious person, but I'm fascinated with religion.

Reactions: leetp and dpic73
Well I didn't say I was going to study it, but I am interested in the Bible as a literary work. And I appreciate a lot of its teachings. I'm not a religious person, but I'm fascinated with religion.
GOD will bless you for reading it

Reactions: AugTig
You mean when US oil production was higher than under any of the previous three presidents?
Say what? According to the US Energy Information Association, oil production peaked in December 2019 at right at 13k barrels per day. It plummeted to just under 12k barrels per day by April 2020, the sharpest decline you'll see anywhere on the chart in the link.

Though he has been vowing to put Big Oil out of business, Biden is nevertheless at least second on the list of all time highest oil producing presidents.

Reactions: TigerGrowls
Say what? According to the US Energy Information Association, oil production peaked in December 2019 at right at 13k barrels per day. It plummeted to just under 12k barrels per day by April 2020, the sharpest decline you'll see anywhere on the chart in the link.

Though he has been vowing to put Big Oil out of business, Biden is nevertheless at least second on the list of all time highest oil producing presidents.
Interesting. I wonder what was going on during April of 2020 that may have led to that. Hmmmmmmmmm…. 🦠

Interesting. I wonder what was going on during April of 2020 that may have led to that. Hmmmmmmmmm…. 🦠
Of course...only sought to correct the record. Oil production may indeed continue to ramp up whereupon Biden will overtake Trump as the administration that saw production rise to it's highest level ever

Last edited:
Reactions: TheSweatshirt
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT