ADVERTISEMENT

I'm Sorry for My Rhetoric

okclem

Woodrush
Gold Member
Apr 2, 2007
Greenville, SC
I know I've said plenty to a lot of you that I can't take back. I know this will fall on deaf ears for some of you. And I don't blame any of you for that if that's how you feel. But I am genuinely sorry for all the vitriolic things I've said here. This is a wake up call for me, and I hope it is for others here too.

The only thing we can do to help lower the temperature is stop being at each other's throats. My rhetoric here has laid bricks on this road we've gone down. I will do my part, and again I am sorry. I don't hate any of you. I'm sorry.

I know I've said plenty to a lot of you that I can't take back. I know this will fall on deaf ears for some of you. And I don't blame any of you for that if that's how you feel. But I am genuinely sorry for all the vitriolic things I've said here. This is a wake up call for me, and I hope it is for others here too.

The only thing we can do to help lower the temperature is stop being at each other's throats. My rhetoric here has laid bricks on this road we've gone down. I will do my part, and again I am sorry. I don't hate any of you. I'm sorry.
🙏

Thank you. It takes courage to say you're sorry. We all should follow your lead and stop all this madness. We are all brothers and sisters in humanity.

Last edited:
I'm sorry to you personally.

It's all good man. I don't know you but I love you as a person of sacred worth. Maybe we can all take this time to realize we can disagree without being so nasty and disagreeable to one another.

Edit: I apologize as well for the things I have said to you that were out of bounds.

Last edited:

Just gained a lot of respect for you. Definitely not falling on deaf ears! Honestly got a tear of hope in my eye reading it.

Without the media doing it's part, I'm not sure how much hope there is for toning down the overall rhetoric and animosity in the nation, though. The problem is they thrive(and profit) off of turmoil and rhetoric.

Just gained a lot of respect for you. Definitely not falling on deaf ears! Honestly got a tear of hope in my eye reading it.

Without the media doing it's part, I'm not sure how much hope there is for toning down the overall rhetoric and animosity in the nation, though. The problem is they thrive(and profit) off of turmoil and rhetoric.
Thank you. I'm sorry to you personally as well.

Wow! Much respect indeed. This post brought a much-needed smile during an extremely difficult day for our country. Major props and continued prayers for everyone!

First class post sir

Respect

Reactions: okclem
Many of us have said things in the "House of Politics" that we are not proud of @okclem and wish we could take them back.

I honestly wish nothing but the best for you/your family regardless of your political views.

You're a member of this website, and it took some "intestinal fortitude" to say what you said. You're good as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks okclem. Very big of you. I don’t think we’ve locked horns, but it’s time we all get a little more perspective. God bless the USA.

Reactions: okclem
Roughly 10 hrs later…

There is nothing wrong with stating what you believe. I also believe that trump is a threat to democracy. I am not going to stop stating my beliefs because of what happened yesterday.

I don’t think me saying these things about Trump is what caused a 20 year old registered Republican to take his father’s AR and try to assassinate the former president.

Reactions: dpic73 and okclem
There is nothing wrong with stating what you believe. I also believe that trump is a threat to democracy. I am not going to stop stating my beliefs because of what happened yesterday.

I don’t think me saying these things about Trump is what caused a 20 year old registered Republican to take his father’s AR and try to assassinate the former president.
Yep, 8 years of the media telling everyone Trump is evil didn’t cause this, either. Sure thing

Many of us have said things in the "House of Politics" that we are not proud of @okclem and wish we could take them back.

I honestly wish nothing but the best for you/your family regardless of your political views.

You're a member of this website, and it took some "intestinal fortitude" to say what you said. You're good as far as I'm concerned.
Thank you. I appreciate you saying this and I appreciate you too.

Unplug from the MSM and think for yourself. That's all I want for everyone. Every facet of our lives is designed to elecit an emotional response versus a logical well thought out and well researched response. I hope you find a happy medium and quit being a got damn sheep. There's no left and right, just a uniparty designed to keep us fighting over stupid shit while the real power players run our lives.

Unplug from the MSM and think for yourself. That's all I want for everyone. Every facet of our lives is designed to elecit an emotional response versus a logical well thought out and well researched response. I hope you find a happy medium and quit being a got damn sheep. There's no left and right, just a uniparty designed to keep us fighting over stupid shit while the real power players run our lives.
If you click your heels three times and moan about the MSM a hundred more, maybe Glinda the good witch will make it all go away!

Again, for the record, I am not ashamed or apologetic for any of my opinions regarding politics, current events, or history, and I definitely wasn't asking for your advice or your assessment.

You missed the entire point of my post.

Last edited:
Again, for the record, I am not ashamed or apologetic for any of my opinions regarding politics, current events, or history, and I definitely wasn't asking for your advice or your assessassessment.

You missed the entire point of my post.
But I am genuinely sorry for all the vitriolic things I've said here.

How did those vitriolic feelings and patterns of thought arise? Garbage in, garbage out.

Respect. I apologize for my last message that tagged you. I didn’t see this one first.

Fitting that you aren’t Man man enough to do what okclem did.
I applaud him for doing what he did and in my own way I tried to do the same by staying off the board for a couple of days in order to not add to the rhetoric. If you've paid attention, I usually only get vitriolic when I'm attacked or when a pack descends on me for even the most mundane of posts.

For the record, I'm heartsick about what happened yesterday to trump and the innocent man who lost his life for no reason. I do not approve of political violence in any form, period.

Having said that, I have strongly held beliefs and I will share them because that's what this message board is for, but I will not bend over and take it for the splinter you point out in my eye, when the logs in everyone else's eyes get overlooked. This is not a one-sided issue.

I applaud him for doing what he did and in my own way I tried to do the same by staying off the board for a couple of days in order to not add to the rhetoric. If you've paid attention, I usually only get vitriolic when I'm attacked or when a pack descends on me for even the most mundane of posts.

For the record, I'm heartsick about what happened yesterday to trump and the innocent man who lost his life for no reason. I do not approve of political violence in any form, period.

Having said that, I have strongly held beliefs and I will share them because that's what this message board is for, but I will not bend over and take it for the splinter you point out in my eye, when the logs in everyone else's eyes get overlooked. This is not a one-sided issue.
Dpic you need to buy a maga hat and bend the knee.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT