ADVERTISEMENT

Incredible video

this is such a weird deflection

fox news is built off its pundits. when exactly do these credible and "real" news programs that you speak of air?

It's the more boring stuff with the news anchors. They're still right leaning in their selection of stories, but they aren't just sharing a bunch of opinions. There's a difference between that and saying that Fox News is completely incredible because their pundits aren't always principled in their stances.

CNN literally had Lewandowski (trump BFF) among its panelists. Along with other pro trump guys. Not to mention 100% MAGA Kayleigh Mcaneny.
Who from Obama administration ever served on Fox News as a panelist?

Marie Harf is a panelist on Fox News and worked in the State Department during the second Obama term. She is the genius who thought people joined ISIS because they lacked job opportunities.

Reactions: ChicagoTiger85
You need to learn to quote before you laugh at anyone

I agree, but watching Fox News is just incredible. They don’t even try to hide it.

Both sides do, but Fox News is just so blatant and open with theirs

Maybe I'm not understanding, but did you just admit that you'd prefer for your news source to lie to you?

It really has. There’s no more objective truth in America anymore. At least in the past there was at least some consensus on what things were true and what things weren’t. With cable news and the blogosphere, people can find their own version of truth.

news reporting has always been biased....who reports the news?....news doesn’t report itself....it’s just human nature...it’s nothing new.....cable news just makes it more obvious

It really has. There’s no more objective truth in America anymore. At least in the past there was at least some consensus on what things were true and what things weren’t. With cable news and the blogosphere, people can find their own version of truth.

Well, on the flip side, some could say that there never was any "objective truth" in news, it was just controlled by certain gatekeepers who kept different stories from being reported or different views from being heard. I tend to agree with you while also acknowledging that there was a real need for something like Fox News to "balance" TV news reporting.

I think the internet was much more responsible for the chaotic proliferation of viewpoints with no responsibility to facts, though. The internet democratized the news in a way that cable news never could have, but the problem with democratization is always that it becomes difficult to distinguish between better and worse without looking like a reactionary elitist.

Reactions: TigerGrowls
I am laughing at the fact that neither side sees themselves and only the other side as a hypocrite.

There are certainly hypocrites on both sides of things, but a couple of Fox News pundits are among the worst when it comes to tailoring their views to fit whatever Trump farts out at any particular time. A few other networks are not helping their perception by being so reflexively anti-Trump, though. And that CNN "townhall" with the Parkland high school kids was totally shameful. Seems like networks have figured out that being clearly one-sided will get you more viewers, just like late night hosts have done.

I am laughing at the fact that neither side sees themselves and only the other side as a hypocrite.

Post of the day right here. The Fox News crowd only watches Fox News, which gives an unbelievably pro-Trump slant to everything, and the MSNBC/CNN crowd only watches those station, which gives an unbelievably anti-Trump slant to everything, then all they do is constantly reinforce their existing biases. Oh, and dont call any of it "news", its just partisan editorialization. At least 25 years ago the networks tried to give us the news and stick the editorialization into a single segment that was properly labeled. It absolutely makes me sick. Think for yourselves and as an American, not a Republican/Democrat or Conservative/Liberal.

so much "both sides"-ing in this thread.

democrats and their party are often misguided and lack viable solutions to the problems they claim to care about.

only one party is responsible for something like trump, though. that alone makes them 1000x worse.

Reactions: marshmk
There are certainly hypocrites on both sides of things, but a couple of Fox News pundits are among the worst when it comes to tailoring their views to fit whatever Trump farts out at any particular time. A few other networks are not helping their perception by being so reflexively anti-Trump, though. And that CNN "townhall" with the Parkland high school kids was totally shameful. Seems like networks have figured out that being clearly one-sided will get you more viewers, just like late night hosts have done.

i agree, that performance by rubio and dana loesch was some pretty shameful shit.

Even you can't have thought the two minute hatefest that was that "townhall," and the complete lack of moderation, was good for anybody.

sure, it was probably effective for breaking down a side that was completely unwilling to make any concrete changes in the wake of yet another mass shooting and didn't have a viable policy position in the first place.

sure, it was probably effective for breaking down a side that was completely unwilling to make any concrete changes in the wake of yet another mass shooting and didn't have a viable policy position in the first place.

That's only if you define "concrete changes" within a frame that only includes things you like. I don't know that there are any simple fixes to that problem, and the simplest ones are either unconstitutional or very unpopular.

That's only if you define "concrete changes" within a frame that only includes things you like. I don't know that there are any simple fixes to that problem, and the simplest ones are either unconstitutional or very unpopular.

the emergence and normalization of originalism is one of the worst things to ever happen to this country. fvcking scalia.

you sure that they're that unpopular?

Sixty-six percent of Americans want stricter gun control laws — the highest level recorded by Quinnipiac University since it started polling the issue after Sandy Hook.

Support for tougher gun laws in the poll released Tuesday has jumped almost 20 points since December 2015. It also found a ban on assault weapons was backed by 67 percent of those surveyed.

@MF123 thanks for posting.

By the way, everyone in this thread needs to give this chart below a good look. If you get your news from any of the sources in the bottom two boxes (orange or red) you are being manipulated and brain washed. If you get your news from the green box at the top, congratulations on being a literate, rational human being who is most certainly depressed with the volume of people you have to engage with on a daily basis who receive their "news" from these bottom feeding news sources.

MW-GE557_MediaB_20180228115701_NS.jpg

Kind of lame coming from Now This. I'm all for this kind of criticism when it comes to conservatives seemingly switching their views with the winds blowing out of Trump's twitter account, but criticizing inconsistency at "Fox News" doesn't really make sense when all they're doing is airing different pundits' opinions. That kind of thing doesn't really hit home except for when they show the same people talking out of both sides of their mouths.

if you're still getting your news from Fox,CNN or MSNBC then you deserve to mislead and misinformed. In the golden age of the internet and radio and podcast, you do your own research and find the truth.

The problem I have with that is, you actually have to do your own research to find the truth in 2018.

Reactions: southerncaltiger
the emergence and normalization of originalism is one of the worst things to ever happen to this country. fvcking scalia.

you sure that they're that unpopular?

Sixty-six percent of Americans want stricter gun control laws — the highest level recorded by Quinnipiac University since it started polling the issue after Sandy Hook.

Support for tougher gun laws in the poll released Tuesday has jumped almost 20 points since December 2015. It also found a ban on assault weapons was backed by 67 percent of those surveyed.

If you're talking about "concrete" policy, "gun control" won't work. Support for "gun control" always goes back down a little while after one of these events anyway.

We're not going to derail this thread with discussion about originalism, though.

If you're talking about "concrete" policy, "gun control" won't work. Support for "gun control" always goes back down a little while after one of these events anyway.

We're not going to derail this thread with discussion about originalism, though.

you said it was unpopular. even if that stat is partially inflated in the wake of parkland, its regression to the mean would still put it well above 50%.

I only watch local news and Fox News. I am pretty much happier. Almost all of the networks have been proven to make news instead of reporting news.

Reactions: TigerGrowls
I only watch local news and Fox News. I am pretty much happier. Almost all of the networks have been proven to make news instead of reporting news.

...and you think that fox news is the best one at "reporting news"? surely you jest.

You dont have to print or provide retractions of blatant lies when you only report your opinions.

It's the more boring stuff with the news anchors. They're still right leaning in their selection of stories, but they aren't just sharing a bunch of opinions. There's a difference between that and saying that Fox News is completely incredible because their pundits aren't always principled in their stances.

Yes, but FOX is basically 70% opinion, Bill O'Reilly admitted this a few years ago in an interview with Jon Stewart. The only news comes on during the day when people are working. Shepherd Smith is their only legit news guy, and he is constantly bashing his own network.

...and you think that fox news is the best one at "reporting news"? surely you jest.

just which is the best news?....just yesterday if you wanted to see reports on the bridge collapse you had to watch Fox.....CNN was waiting to find out if Trump had caused it

just which is the best news?....just yesterday if you wanted to see reports on the bridge collapse you had to watch Fox.....CNN was waiting to find out if Trump had caused it

yikes at how clunky that joke was.

idk man i don't really watch cable news because it's all pretty horrible. fox, however, is on another level compared to its competitors. it's been statistically shown to have the most bias and inaccuracies.

By the way, everyone in this thread needs to give this chart below a good look. If you get your news from any of the sources in the bottom two boxes (orange or red) you are being manipulated and brain washed. If you get your news from the green box at the top, congratulations on being a literate, rational human being who is most certainly depressed with the volume of people you have to engage with on a daily basis who receive their "news" from these bottom feeding news sources.

Nice, I fell pretty good about my sources now. I watch NBC news in the morning, look at apnews.com during the day and get the economist magazine delivered.

That's interesting. Not sure that I'm buying into everything I see at the top there, but point taken.
Your comment about "...people you have to engage with on a daily basis..." is spot-on. I have many flaws; one of those is taking for granted the type of civil discourse I frequently engage in as a result of my job in Corporate Environmental Policy. Whether it's coworkers, formulating a company position, or dealing with state regulators, We don't always agree, but I enjoy debate fueled by facts. I'm a scientist; in my professional life, I don't deal with faith,1/2 truths, made up garbage, or "interpretations" from folks who have zero work experience and/or academic background in my AOR.
In my personal life...that's a different story. I continue to facepalm at how much Kool-Aid some folks will ingest without really questioning anything. It has nothing to do with formal education; some of the brightest people I know have HS educations. I don't necessarily equate intelligence with education. I've got plenty of degrees, but have to admit that I've met some pretty dim Ph.D.'s in my day.

Reactions: 1Clemzunfan
Just like how Lib’s hated Comey and then loved him.
Both sides have hypocrisy, I think the Democrat party has a lot more. They fixed the election so Hilary would beat Berny.

Nice, I fell pretty good about my sources now. I watch NBC news in the morning, look at apnews.com during the day and get the economist magazine delivered.
Yes, me too. There are several news sources in the yellow box that are good sources and I enjoy a couple on both sides of the yellow box, you just need to understand that there are opinions inserted with their news and balance them with another source from the opposite side of the box. If you only listen or read sources from the left or right side of the yellow box it can be unhealthy. I appreciate opposing view points and opinions, and I think it's healthy, as long as they are giving opinions based on facts, not manipulated or fake news. Anything in the orange or especially red box is propaganda.

Lol at cnn being fair and unbiased

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT