ADVERTISEMENT

Internal Police Documents Reveal What Was Obvious – Shooting of Ashli Babbitt Was for “No Good Reason” and Yet Her Killer Walks Free

Judicial Watch Forces Release of DOJ Memo Declining Criminal Prosecution For Ashli Babbitt Killer Michael Byrd: Babbitt Shooting Evidence Missing!​

By Cristina Laila
Published June 7, 2022 at 7:10pm
babbitt-ashli-mike-byrd.jpg

Judicial Watch on Tuesday forced the release of a DOJ memo declining the criminal prosecution for Ashli Babbitt’s killer Michael Byrd.
Ashli Babbitt, a 14-year veteran from San Diego who served 4 tours with the US Air Force as a high-level security officer was shot and killed by Capitol Police Lt. Michael Byrd on January 6, 2021.
Ashli Babbitt was shot through a window on a closed door by an officer.
Babbitt appeared to be standing behind a group of people who were attempting to gain entry into the chamber.
TRENDING: BREAKING EXCLUSIVE: SDNY Political Witch Hunt Against 'We Build the Wall' Ends in Hung Jury
Police had barricaded the doors and were attempting to keep the patriot protesters out — and then drew their weapons.
Michael Byrd opened fired and shot Ashli in the neck.
She was wheeled out of the Capital in a stretcher covered in blood and later pronounced dead.
Judicial Watch received a memo on the Jan 6 shooting recommending “that the United States Attorney’s Office for the District of Columbia decline for criminal prosecution the fatal shooting of Ashli McEntee [Babbitt],” also noting that the shooter, U.S. Capitol Police Lt. Michael Byrd, “did not create a police report or documents” related to the shooting of Babbitt.” the watchdog reported.
“The documents also reveal that in the press release announcing the decision not to prosecute Byrd for the killing of Babbitt, the DOJ replaced the words “group” and “crowd” with the word “mob” several times.”
“There are several USCP operated Closed-Circuit Television Video (CCTV) cameras inside of the United States Capitol Building. However, there were no CCTV cameras observed or located in the Speaker’s Lobby area.” the memo states.
Judicial Watch reported:
The records contain the prosecution declination memorandum justifying the decision not to prosecute Byrd for the shooting death of Babbitt (nee McEntee) on January 6.
The “Overview and Recommendation” section reads as follows:
This memorandum recommends that the United States Attorney’s Office for the District of Columbia decline for criminal prosecution the fatal shooting of Ashli McEntee.
This declination is based on a review of law enforcement and civilian eyewitness accounts, physical evidence, recorded radio communications, cell phone footage, MPD reports, forensic reports, and the autopsy report for Ms. McEntee. After a thorough review of the facts and circumstances in this case, there is insufficient evidence to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Lieutenant Byrd violated Ms. McEntee’s civil rights by willfully using more force than was reasonably necessary, or was not acting in self-defense or the defense of others.
The memo details:
Once the demonstrators broke the glass, Lieutenant Byrd took up a tactical position to the immediate right of the barricaded entry doors, [Capitol Police Officer Reggie Tyson] took up a tactical position behind Lieutenant Byrd on the right side behind the third pillar and Sergeant McKenna took up a tactical position behind Officer Tyson and behind the fourth pillar on the right side of the Speakers Lobby.
All three officers had their service pistols drawn, pointed them in the direction of the barricaded entry doors, and repeatedly instructed the ‘mob’ to get back. The ‘mob’ of demonstrators ignored the officers’ commands and continued to break the glass on the doors in their attempt to breach the Speakers Lobby. Suddenly, Ashli McEntee began to crawl through one of the doors where the glass was already broken out. As Ms. McEntee was climbing through the door, Lieutenant Byrd stepped forward from his tactical position towards Ms. McEntee and fired one round from his service pistol striking Ms. McEntee in her left shoulder, just below her clavicle. Ms. McEntee then fell back from the doorway and onto the floor.
“These records show that Lt. Byrd was given special treatment by the Biden DOJ and that there was a miscarriage of justice in the half-baked shooting death investigation of Ashli Babbitt,” said Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton. “Lt. Byrd, who works for Congress, shot an unarmed woman for no good reason. I suspect that this unjustified shooting isn’t of much interest to the Pelosi rump January 6 committee.”
Read Judicial Watch’s full report on the DOJ memo here.

You can support Tom Fitton and Judicial Watch by clicking here.

Judicial Watch Forces Release of DOJ Memo Declining Criminal Prosecution For Ashli Babbitt Killer Michael Byrd: Babbitt Shooting Evidence Missing!​

By Cristina Laila
Published June 7, 2022 at 7:10pm
babbitt-ashli-mike-byrd.jpg

Judicial Watch on Tuesday forced the release of a DOJ memo declining the criminal prosecution for Ashli Babbitt’s killer Michael Byrd.
Ashli Babbitt, a 14-year veteran from San Diego who served 4 tours with the US Air Force as a high-level security officer was shot and killed by Capitol Police Lt. Michael Byrd on January 6, 2021.
Ashli Babbitt was shot through a window on a closed door by an officer.
Babbitt appeared to be standing behind a group of people who were attempting to gain entry into the chamber.
TRENDING: BREAKING EXCLUSIVE: SDNY Political Witch Hunt Against 'We Build the Wall' Ends in Hung Jury
Police had barricaded the doors and were attempting to keep the patriot protesters out — and then drew their weapons.
Michael Byrd opened fired and shot Ashli in the neck.
She was wheeled out of the Capital in a stretcher covered in blood and later pronounced dead.
Judicial Watch received a memo on the Jan 6 shooting recommending “that the United States Attorney’s Office for the District of Columbia decline for criminal prosecution the fatal shooting of Ashli McEntee [Babbitt],” also noting that the shooter, U.S. Capitol Police Lt. Michael Byrd, “did not create a police report or documents” related to the shooting of Babbitt.” the watchdog reported.
“The documents also reveal that in the press release announcing the decision not to prosecute Byrd for the killing of Babbitt, the DOJ replaced the words “group” and “crowd” with the word “mob” several times.”
“There are several USCP operated Closed-Circuit Television Video (CCTV) cameras inside of the United States Capitol Building. However, there were no CCTV cameras observed or located in the Speaker’s Lobby area.” the memo states.
Judicial Watch reported:

“These records show that Lt. Byrd was given special treatment by the Biden DOJ and that there was a miscarriage of justice in the half-baked shooting death investigation of Ashli Babbitt,” said Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton. “Lt. Byrd, who works for Congress, shot an unarmed woman for no good reason. I suspect that this unjustified shooting isn’t of much interest to the Pelosi rump January 6 committee.”
Read Judicial Watch’s full report on the DOJ memo here.

You can support Tom Fitton and Judicial Watch by clicking here.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

• Wow
Reactions: TigerGrowls
MURDER!!

BOMBSHELL REPORT: After Shooting Ashli Babbitt, Capitol Police Lt. Michael Byrd Made FALSE Radio Report..

U.S. Capitol Police Lt. Michael Byrd, within a minute of discharging the bullet that fatally wounded Ashli Babbitt on January 6, 2021, transmitted a radio message asserting that he was under gunfire in the Speaker’s Lobby and declared his readiness to "fire back," according to Federal lawsuit.

LAWSUIT:

"In fact, no shots were fired at Lt. Byrd or his fellow officers."

"The only shot fired was the single shot Lt. Byrd fired at Ashli. He heard the loud noise of the gunshot. He saw her fall backward from the window frame."

Dude … all the conspiracy theories on J6 aside …

You violently enter a Fed building, break a glass window, and jump through entering a chamber of Congress … you forfeit your life. Sorry.

No shit. I can’t believe these guys are still calling this murder. She was breaking through a door with a rowdy mob in tow. The cop(s) could have easily been overwhelmed if he didn’t take her out. Then the rioters have their weapons, etc.

Reactions: yoshi121374
No shit. I can’t believe these guys are still calling this murder. She was breaking through a door with a rowdy mob in tow. The cop(s) could have easily been overwhelmed if he didn’t take her out. Then the rioters have their weapons, etc.

Exactly. There is zero logic with these guys. It's all just whataboutism. Ashli Babbitt found out the hard way about FAFO

Reactions: dpic73
So by your logic Ray Epps should have been shot and killed on site as well, correct?

So by your logic Ray Epps should have been shot and killed on site as well, correct?

So do you agree that She was killed due to her actions and law breaking?

If Epps did that and the cop shot him I promise I wouldn't be upset about it.

You break the law, threaten the police and our Law makers, you are a part of a crowd telling that you want to hang the VP, I don't really blame the police fro feeling threatened when you break out a window and try to climb through it

Reactions: dpic73
You guys are not in law enforcement and do not know rules of engagement. You do not know where other law enforcement officers were stationed either. There were civilians all in the capitol so why didnt others get shot under your logic? This was a 120 pound female dudes and this 200 plus pound officer just slap shot her as an unarmed civilian crawling through an opening over 20 feet away. I will never agree with you guys on this one.

You guys also probably believe that an officer putting part of his body weight on that guys neck was actually able to cut off his oxygen and kill him. Watch an mma match and see how hard it is to choke someone out and then how fast they come back if the pressure is relieved for even a few seconds.

You guys do not think on a logical level related to this imo.

Come one, it's not like he kneeled on her neck on anything, right?

He only shot an unarmed person. British soldiers got away with it in Boston. Why shouldn't he?

Manslaughter at a minimum.
you are wrong once again grasshopper.

Not even close to being an insurrection. Were there some bad people involved? Absolutely, but they weren't all President Trump supporters and there were a lot of peaceful protestors. The police did welcome them and she was indeed murdered. It's doubtful that we will ever know the truth
we know the truth too many times over. Sad for her family but she was very stupid.

Back the blue
Nope... Back the Blue (as long as they support Trump). Actually, I agree with Growlz here, this woman was shot by the police when there was no deadly force being used. It definitely needs to be looked at. As usual, I usually support the police until there is reason not to.

It's always been curious to me that Growlz is VERY INTERESTED in this particular case and is all about this unarmed person getting killed by police and yet doesn't seem to support OTHER unarmed folks that have also been killed. In fact, he seems to support the police in all others cases. What's the difference between THIS case and the Others? MMMMMMM?

Nope... Back the Blue (as long as they support Trump). Actually, I agree with Growlz here, this woman was shot by the police when there was no deadly force being used. It definitely needs to be looked at. As usual, I usually support the police until there is reason not to.

It's always been curious to me that Growlz is VERY INTERESTED in this particular case and is all about this unarmed person getting killed by police and yet doesn't seem to support OTHER unarmed folks that have also been killed. In fact, he seems to support the police in all others cases. What's the difference between THIS case and the Others? MMMMMMM?

I disagree. In this case, there was an angry mob on one side of the locked and barricaded doors. The officer was protecting the congress folk (magas, dems, libs, all of them). He drew his weapon and repeatedly told the people not to come any further. She broke a window and proceeded to climb through it. He shot her. She was warned.

Imagine @TigerGrowls sitting in his trailer one night and being awakened by an intruder trying break into his window. He draws his weapon and warns the intruder not to go any further. Growls is unsure if the intruder is armed or not, proceeds. growls shoots multiple times and misses (bc he is simultaneously shitting himself while firing). The final shot though does strike the intruder, and he dies.

Should growls be in prison?

If there was a race riot and growls saw people on top of their grocery stores with ARs shooting would be unarmed looters, he would applaud it. The only reason he is not supporting this police officer in the Babbitt case is bc trump told him not to. thats it.

I don't see how that applies in this case. He had a split second to make a decision about trying to prevent an angry mob with ill-intent from busting through the last barrier before the chamber. No way he could have determined in an instant that she was a female without a weapon. It's rare that I disagree with you but I'm not sure how you can say this is questionable at all.

Reactions: nytigerfan
I don't see how that applies in this case. He had a split second to make a decision about trying to prevent an angry mob with ill-intent from busting through the last barrier before the chamber. No way he could have determined in an instant that she was a female without a weapon. It's rare that I disagree with you but I'm not sure how you can say this is questionable at all.

Plus, it was looked at. Any time a police officer shoots someone it is looked at. The only reason that the brainless magas want it looked at again it bc it serves the narrative the people who broke in were peaceful and did nothing wrong. Which is asinine.

It's a case by case basis.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT