ADVERTISEMENT

Is McMaster's private school voucher bill good or bad for the state?

Honestly, it's probably too deep of a topic to get into on here, but SC education isn't as bad as reported. States don't use the same tests for assessing success so comparing state to state is frankly impossible. What is true is that students learn far more,far faster than any of us did.

I tell my wife daily as a joke when she is leaving for work ," Have a great day, don't kill any kids". Her response is always ," The kids are easy, the parent are who you want to kill"

Uneducated and politically motivated parents are causing huge problems in Education. We now have groups of idiot parents scouring Teachers Social Media accounts to find "questionable" personal comments and then harassing them and trying to get them fired. Take what some of the morons on here are posting and weaponized it. It's so tough to be a teacher, and the pressure and attacks are insane. All they are trying to do is help kids and do their jobs. Most of them are every bit as conservative as others in South Carolina,and they are being demonized and accused of indoctrination. It's no surprise that we are having a huge Teacher shortage across the state and country.

Less teachers mean larger class sizes, which generally leads to lower performance
But why are they teaching trans ideology, pedophilia and instructing white kids to hate themselves?

I kid, I kid ;-)

• Haha
Reactions: yoshi121374
True, but honestly Anderson 1 and particularly the schools on the end of the district that my wife teaches at are not at all well off. My wife's school has over 75% of the students on free lunch. It is a Title One school, and has a very,very low percentage of the students from a two parent hone, with more than half not having either parent in the home. The biggest difference at this school is they really focus on the relationship with the kids. The kids really want to do well for the school and the teachers who they know genuinely care about them.

I have been in the school in the morning with my wife as she greets the kids as they come in. The kids are so desperate and hungry for affection,consistency,and belonging. I know how dedicated these teachers are, and how much they give to "their" kids.

I know that I am probably overly sensitive to criticism of schools and teachers, but it is so hard to listen or read some of the drivel about teachers from uneducated, and completely ignorant people who have no freaking idea what teachers do, and how freaking terrible so many parents are.

Several years ago I ask a teacher in ACD1 about a certain middle school student due to rumors about his meth head single parent. The teacher replied over 50% of students in the middle school came from meth head parents. What a shame . The reason I ask about the student his meth head mom was selling EBT cards for 50 cents on a dollar . This is why EBT cards should have the issued too person's picture on the card or a picture ID be required to use a EBT card.

But why are they teaching trans ideology, pedophilia and instructing white kids to hate themselves?

I kid, I kid ;-)

I say the same thing to her all the time. Her response is ," who has time for that, we have to feed them,clothe them, and try to teach them to read,write, and not kill themselves"

• Love
Reactions: dpic73
Several years ago I ask a teacher in ACD1 about a certain middle school student due to rumors about his meth head single parent. The teacher replied over 50% of students in the middle school came from meth head parents. What a shame . The reason I ask about the student his meth head mom was selling EBT cards for 50 cents on a dollar . This is why EBT cards should have the issued too person's picture on the card or a picture ID be required to use a EBT card.

Meth is a huge problem in the Anderson area. So many parents in jail or removed from the kids.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT