ADVERTISEMENT

Levon Kirkland is now a meme...and it's pretty funny

Wow, this thread can be studied by scholars in the future as an example of how distracted Americans were while much more important things were devolving around it at the time. Did someone really go back 7 years to repost a post from someone to try to prove they were a hypocrite and possibly call them a racist using a context that has nothing to do with the OP for this thread. C'mon people. And did I miss something? Did someone literally compare Michelle Obama to an ape? Or, was it interpreted that way because she was compared to a large athletic man? To quote another athletic man, "Dis crazy y'all".

Guess you were an advocate to change Aunt Jemima syrup, too? When does it end?

Does it matter what’s offensive to me that the Left, does? Is murdering babies, ok? Talk about hypocrisy…..
Did Aunt Jemima maple syrup lynch 6 black men (INCLUDING a state senator) and then run for public office with those events at the center of their stump pitch?

I don’t care about maple syrup. Equivocating between a silly made up junk food mascot being rebranded and not naming buildings after murderers in defense of a guy who said ALL OF THIS VILE SHIT really isn’t helping your case for “I’m not a racist”.

Did Aunt Jemima maple syrup lynch 6 black men (INCLUDING a state senator) and then run for public office with those events at the center of their stump pitch?

I don’t care about maple syrup. Equivocating between a silly made up junk food mascot being rebranded and not naming buildings after murderers in defense of a guy who said ALL OF THIS VILE SHIT really isn’t helping your case for “I’m not a racist”.
just another racist being disingenuous

Cried? Mocked? Hypocrisy ? lol. You can’t stand to have your post respectfully disagreed with, can you?

I know one thing is certain. I don’t look anything like a man.
I agree and anyone who thinks Mrs. Obama looks like a man is obviously being racist/prejudice bc that's just not the case. Nothing about her shape says man, same for Serena Williams. You don't have to be attracted to them but at least be respectful and not a racist who gives white people a bad name bc they don't know how to keep their racist opinions to themselves. Nobody is perfect and we all make mistakes. But we should always strive to learn and be better than we have been.

If the trumps could learn some tact and how to keep their mouth shut, it would have benefited them greatly. The fact this is coming from them tells the truth of the intent/meaning.

Dying on a hill saying it's not racist, will never change the fact that it is. It's really just trying to convince others that you aren't racist. We all have life experiences that contribute to our level of personal prejudices. But being a good person and seeing the perspective of others should overcome those prejudices. If it doesn't, keep it to yourself, otherwise you just look like a tool to others.

lolololololol

michelle is the single most popular political figure in the country. this would be bad bad bad for republicans.
You're probably right, but I think anyone they put up would be bad for republicans. However, Michelle being popular and having zero political experience other than being married to the president being elected president without that experience is a pretty scary scenario on its own, right?

Reactions: my95GTHO
Again…there is no civil disagreement on this board without attacks. You can quote me, mention me and insult me but I have better things to do than be a part of this toxic nonsense. I am out of this thread and will take another break from this place. Be kind, people.

• Haha
Reactions: my95GTHO
Again…there is no civil disagreement on this board without attacks. You can quote me, mention me and insult me but I have better things to do than be a part of this toxic nonsense. I am out of this thread and will take another break from this place. Be kind, people.
I take it you didn’t read the quotes from the guy you want buildings at Clemson named after then? Here’s the link again:

Where do these fall in with “be kind”?

Because there is a long history of denigrating the black females features. Ugly, monkey-like, and manly were at one time outright perpetuated as the common adjectives to accurately describe the black female's looks. Fast forward to today, and while that hate has largely gone by the wayside (Let's not pretend it is completely gone), the history is still completely in tact.

I'd like it to blackface. You could have the purest intentions when painting your face black, but it's going to be assumed it's from a racist place because of history.

Is all that completely fair in today's world? Probably not, but some things I think you just have to carry the burden of.
So people are too sensitive is what you are telling me.

I'm going to assume anyone in this thread asking "why is this racist?" is genuinely asking and not being an a**hole. And I'll hope you're are open minded enough to consider another person's perspective, particularly a person of another gender and race who has obviously had a very different life experience from your own(assuming you are a white man). So, I'll explain and I'll keep it very brief.

For many, many years, black women have been considered masculine and even called ape-like. To insinuate any black person looks like an ape is an extremely old racist trope that goes back to the ages of slave holders.

So, to compare Michelle Obama to a hulking NFL player in his prime, or to state she looks like a character from Planet of the Apes(this has been done), not to mention starting absurd conspiracy theories claiming she is transgender(also been done) and did not give birth to their daughters(also been done) is exceedingly demeaning and, yes, is VERY racist.
Well if the meme was a picture of a monkey or a POTA character, I would agree with it being racist no doubt. I've seen memes and insinuations that Rosie O'Donnell is/was a man. I dont look at everything through a racial lens so saying Michelle O. is mannish is no more racist to me than saying Rosie O. is mannish. To be fair I think Rosie is way more masculine than Michelle.

We all know we've reached the point in America where any and all criticism of any person of color by a caucasion is going to be considered racist but a person of color can criticize a caucasion and thats fair game. Even on this board, I've seen the slur "cracker" thrown around. If someone threw around a slur toward another race, they would probably be hit with the ban hammer.

Now it's getting to the point where calling an obvious man "sir" or an obvious woman "ma'am" can offend someone and get you in trouble. They are starting to punish kids in school for "misgendering" classmates. Where does it all end with this super sensitivity? When people just stop communicating all together and noone is allowed to have a sense of humor because someone somewhere may get offended?

Wow, this thread can be studied by scholars in the future as an example of how distracted Americans were while much more important things were devolving around it at the time. Did someone really go back 7 years to repost a post from someone to try to prove they were a hypocrite and possibly call them a racist using a context that has nothing to do with the OP for this thread. C'mon people. And did I miss something? Did someone literally compare Michelle Obama to an ape? Or, was it interpreted that way because she was compared to a large athletic man? To quote another athletic man, "Dis crazy y'all".
You...you seriously think I sifted through seven years of posts?

lord, lord. So not a fan of the current zeitgeist. Everyone should be fair game for any and everything. That is the nature of both humor and equality.

Do y'all think this one is funny?
GF7LH9rXEAAInrr

• Haha
Reactions: TC Tiger
I'm going to assume anyone in this thread asking "why is this racist?" is genuinely asking and not being an a**hole. And I'll hope you're are open minded enough to consider another person's perspective, particularly a person of another gender and race who has obviously had a very different life experience from your own(assuming you are a white man). So, I'll explain and I'll keep it very brief.

For many, many years, black women have been considered masculine and even called ape-like. To insinuate any black person looks like an ape is an extremely old racist trope that goes back to the ages of slave holders.

So, to compare Michelle Obama to a hulking NFL player in his prime, or to state she looks like a character from Planet of the Apes(this has been done), not to mention starting absurd conspiracy theories claiming she is transgender(also been done) and did not give birth to their daughters(also been done) is exceedingly demeaning and, yes, is VERY racist.

this is laughable - so consider that perspective. black privilege is so real, can't even do a meme.

NoT RaCiSt aT aLL....hmmmm, where have I heard that before?

1. Pamela Ramsey Taylor, the director of Clay County Development Corp. near Charleston, wrote about Melania Trump becoming first lady after Donald Trump won the election. On her Facebook page, Taylor said: “It will be so refreshing to have a classy, beautiful, dignified First Lady back in the White House. I’m tired of seeing a Ape in heels [sic].”

The post was picked up by local news stations which also reported the town’s mayor, Beverly Whaling, replied to the post: “Just made my day Pam.” Both women apologized for the remarks since but an online petition calling for them to step down from their respective posts garnered over 84,000 signatures. Taylor has since been removed from her post.

My comment was not intended to be racist at all,” Whaling told the Washington Post. “I was referring to my day being made for change in the White House! I am truly sorry for any hard feeling this may have caused! Those who know me know that I’m not of any way racist! Again, I would like to apologize for this getting out of hand!”

From an article by the company that owns Rivals:

5 times Republicans called Michelle Obama a Primate
That's is obviously without a doubt racist and those people should be ashamed and should have been ran out of town on a rail. These instances are not even comparable to the original post in this thread which compared two actual human beings. It was a dumb comparison none the less...Kirkland was 280 lbs where as Michelle was slender.

Reactions: clemsonu96
I'll bet any $20 she's announced as the candidate by May/June. They will appoint her the nominee...

Shouldn't make fun of our future president.

I think the MAGA people call this snowflake behavior.

What I'm telling you is, don't have a 100 year history of virulent and targeted racism, and then just expect everyone to forget about it and move on, but only on your terms.

so the original poster is 100 years old? and has a history of virulent and targeted racism for his entire 100 years? or are you assuming his race...and then applying a historical stereotype based on your ignorance of his race = cause that would actually be racist.

See my previous message in this thread for further context.

But in that same vein, say you want to be Grace Jones for Halloween. You might have the purest intentions and just love Grace Jones. But if you paint your face black, because of history, it's going to be viewed as racist no matter what. And it should be.
So is it racist if a black kid paints his or her face white for Halloween?

Last edited:
Cried? Mocked? Hypocrisy ? lol. You can’t stand to have your post respectfully disagreed with, can you?

I know one thing is certain. I don’t look anything like a man.
okay, Amy. You know the rules: Pics or it aint real.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT