ADVERTISEMENT

Magas, please defend this

Anyone serious want to try? Perhaps some ex military who've lost their best friend in combat?

Do y'all think the presidential medal of freedom that Trump gave Mrs. Adelson is a bigger honor than the Congressional Medal of Honor?

It's funny. After literally years talking about Bidens mental decline, the MAGAs are strangely quiet. The more Trump speaks, the nuttier he sounds, and quite literally the more he insults voting blocks he needs.

For this man to try and denigate Tim Walz's military record, while he says and has said repeatedly awful things about veterans is just nuts.

Reactions: okclem and dpic73
It's funny. After literally years talking about Bidens mental decline, the MAGAs are strangely quiet. The more Trump speaks, the nuttier he sounds, and quite literally the more he insults voting blocks he needs.

For this man to try and denigate Tim Walz's military record, while he says and has said repeatedly awful things about veterans is just nuts.
I just think that it doesn’t really matter. As Trump himself said, he could shoot someone in the middle of 5th avenue and his supporters would still love him.

I honestly wonder if there’s anything he could do or say that would make his base of support turn away from him. I mean he’s said countless things like this that are direct insults to veterans and military votes will still absolutely break heavily for him.

I do think that what’s happened is that those voters who don’t really like Trump, but were really concerned about Biden’s mental decline have now had those concerns washed away with Biden out of the race, and it frees them up to vote Dem even if they have to do it begrudgingly. We’ve seen “undecideds” break pretty strong for Harris.

I do think it’s a mistake for Harris to debate Trump. I don’t think she’s particularly skilled in that arena, and Trump is just so, so good at spewing absolute bullshit with an extreme amount of authority that he typically comes off strong in these environments.

Trump is, probably accidentally, an absolute master of triggering the “click, whirr” response via false equivalencies and lies so big you kind of can’t help but believe them. Trump appeals to voter’s “feelings” and in today’s sound bite, click bait world that gets a lot more traction than someone who appeals to reason.

IMO, Harris is much better off staying in controlled environments and letting Trump kind of continue to say crazy shit out there on his own. Trump is going to try to lure her into a tit for tat and my fear is she’ll go down that road in an attempt to appear “tough” and he’ll absolutely mop the floor with her if she does.

I do think Dems should promote the VP debate as much as possible. So far Walz has come off as affable, genuine, and seems to have a quick wit. Vance, uh, does not.

I just think that it doesn’t really matter. As Trump himself said, he could shoot someone in the middle of 5th avenue and his supporters would still love him.

I honestly wonder if there’s anything he could do or say that would make his base of support turn away from him. I mean he’s said countless things like this that are direct insults to veterans and military votes will still absolutely break heavily for him.

I do think that what’s happened is that those voters who don’t really like Trump, but were really concerned about Biden’s mental decline have now had those concerns washed away with Biden out of the race, and it frees them up to vote Dem even if they have to do it begrudgingly. We’ve seen “undecideds” break pretty strong for Harris.

I do think it’s a mistake for Harris to debate Trump. I don’t think she’s particularly skilled in that arena, and Trump is just so, so good at spewing absolute bullshit with an extreme amount of authority that he typically comes off strong in these environments.

Trump is, probably accidentally, an absolute master of triggering the “click, whirr” response via false equivalencies and lies so big you kind of can’t help but believe them. Trump appeals to voter’s “feelings” and in today’s sound bite, click bait world that gets a lot more traction than someone who appeals to reason.

IMO, Harris is much better off staying in controlled environments and letting Trump kind of continue to say crazy shit out there on his own. Trump is going to try to lure her into a tit for tat and my fear is she’ll go down that road in an attempt to appear “tough” and he’ll absolutely mop the floor with her if she does.

I do think Dems should promote the VP debate as much as possible. So far Walz has come off as affable, genuine, and seems to have a quick wit. Vance, uh, does not.

Agree, but honestly in the debate if she can keep her cool ,and just let him seem nuts I think she'll do fine. Just listen,look puzzled and basically say something like," Since I don't have time to fact check... Whatever that was, here are my points.".

He truly seems to be spiralling and has seemed to lose all ability to finish his thoughts. It's wild to listen to him bounce all over the place. The more he talks,the better for everyone.

He isn't going to lose his base, but the base isn't big enough for him, and quite frankly for any Republican to win a Presidential election electorally without appealing to moderates and Independents. I totally agree with you on why we have seen the swing once Biden got out.

I truly think most of America that aren't MAGA hardcore's are just tired of his act. Constant negativity is just exhausting and doesn't play well forever.

Reactions: okclem

Meh, I think she should debate him. Biden fumbled through debating him and won. Trump is a strong man, meaning his whole appeal is that hes somehow tough and bigger and stronger than everyone. When he debates someone in a controlled environment, he usually loses. This isn't 2016 Trump, he's not going to walk behind Harris and he's not going to be treated as a non threat like with the Clinton campaign.

I think she should do exactly what Trump does in debates. When you don’t like a question, just don’t answer it. Just pivot to whatever you want to talk about instead.

Where does the notion come from that she doesn't do well in debates? The only one she did after the nomination was against Pence and the majority of pundits thought she won easily. She was prepared, calm and made some great points that landed. She seems to have developed better political skills since that time as well. Like yoshi said, if she just keeps her cool and comes prepared, I think shell do fine. Obama was a master at staying measured and unflappable in his debates and if she can model his performances, she can come out unscathed IMO.

I think she should debate him. The notion that he can say anything and not lose voters is hard earned, I get that, but it's a myth now.

Every time he opens his mouth he alienates people who would have voted for him prior to the RNC. For instance, there are thousands of outraged veterans and active duty today who would have voted for him if the election was yesterday, but who no longer are due to the comments posted in the OP.

Lastly, nothing would paint Kamala as weak more than backing out and not debating him. I keep seeing comments that she'll do poorly against him, and not just here. I respectfully disagree.

Last edited:
Reactions: dpic73
@dbjork6317, You are correct in that it doesn't matter. That should be the end of the thread right there. As you said, Trump can do and say anything he wants and his supporters will still support him. It doesn't matter what it is.

BUT, a point for Trump. Those military folks that he just dissed. They are part of that group. He just crapped on them and they are going to absolutely vote for him on election day. Trump knows that and that's why he doesn't give a crap.

I think Harris will debate Trump ONCE. He will beg for a second or third because he sees the trend lines. It is becoming clearer than Trump's ceiling is 46-47%. He's never crossed 50. He's lost the popular vote twice.

Harris will get a bump (again) after the DNC. Then she will play prosecutor to the criminal in the debate. She will have Trump on the defense regarding Roe v Wade, the Florida abortion referendum, now his comments about Medal of Honor recipients. He won't be able to call her stupid to her face, either. He may even have to recognize she has been Black all of her life!

Trump needs to be beaten badly enough that even he will acknowledge he lost.

Strangely quiet because we don’t converse with a mental case (not you)? OP is completely unstable and afraid of hard work & success.

Hence his daily anger.

I think Harris will debate Trump ONCE. He will beg for a second or third because he sees the trend lines. It is becoming clearer than Trump's ceiling is 46-47%. He's never crossed 50. He's lost the popular vote twice.

Harris will get a bump (again) after the DNC. Then she will play prosecutor to the criminal in the debate. She will have Trump on the defense regarding Roe v Wade, the Florida abortion referendum, now his comments about Medal of Honor recipients. He won't be able to call her stupid to her face, either. He may even have to recognize she has been Black all of her life!

Trump needs to be beaten badly enough that even he will acknowledge he lost.
LMAO... You are kidding right? You've already got folks on here saying how if the election is fair, Trump is going to win by a landslide even though EVERY poll by everyone that does them says that Trump and Harris are almost a dead tie right now. That means the election is going to be CLOSE and any reasonable person thinks its going to be close.

Trump will never acknowledge a loss. And that's not new. When he lost an Emmy nomination back when he was doing the apprentice to another show, he said that the process was rigged. There's no outcome where Trump will admit defeat and no way that his supporters will either. Four years later and you have a page full of posts about how Trump was cheated in 2020 despite nothing ever holding up in court.

Reactions: yoshi121374
If you have a link for the entire speech, I will watch it and give my thoughts then.
Fair enough. I am on my work computer so unable to search any of the common video sites, etc.

If you're able to find, or see somewhere else, let me know. Was genuinely curious for the thoughts of someone who fully supports MAGA and is career military.

Strangely quiet because we don’t converse with a mental case (not you)? OP is completely unstable and afraid of hard work & success.

Hence his daily anger.

There is not even a mention of this story on fox news. They know this one will piss off conservative voters.

So converse with me. How do you judge those comments from Trump?

He legitimately seems to be losing it.
He meant the civilian receiving this award is better off, due to not having the hardships of war.

Pretty simple, unless you’re simply trying to create a false narrative from it.

• Haha
Reactions: nytigerfan
He meant the civilian receiving this award is better off, due to not having the hardships of war.

What do you think trump meant when he said that the head of the taliban loves him and refers to him as your excellency?

There is not even a mention of this story on fox news. They know this one will piss off conservative voters.
You’re trying hard, but understanding what he meant is quite easy.

Stay out of the gutter in comprehension. You’re better than that.

It's hard to argue it's a false narrative when he has consistently made extremely disparaging remarks about POWs, and even soldiers Killed in Action.

As a Trump guy, are you concerned about his recent messaging?

What do you think trump meant when he said that the head of the taliban loves him and refers to him as your excellency?
He respects him. Fearful of him. They’re very afraid of Trump as President. He decimated their powers.

That’s easy.

It's hard to argue it's a false narrative when he has consistently made extremely disparaging remarks about POWs, and even soldiers Killed in Action.

As a Trump guy, are you concerned about his recent messaging?
So you’re just going to group it all together and assume he means what you’d like for him to mean. Got it.

Not at all.. opposition will always pick apart the speech of competition, and attempt their best to spin it negatively.

It’s really simple.

He respects him. Fearful of him. They’re very afraid of Trump as President. He decimated their powers.

That’s easy.

Remember when Biden pulled out of Afghanistan and I told you that it was actually trump who negotiated with the taliban to take over after we left and you said I was full of shit?

So you’re just going to group it all together and assume he means what you’d like for him to mean. Got it.

Not at all.. opposition will always pick apart the speech of competition, and attempt their best to spin it negatively.

It’s really simple.

^^^^^^^^^^^
Cult member.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT