ADVERTISEMENT

*** Maria Taylor offer from ESPN reportedly cut to $2-3 million after a $5 million (annually) offer

Not shock by the responses
I know where you’re trying to go with this but the responses would be the same regardless of who it was…sideline reporters don’t exactly rake in the viewers…
Nothing against Taylor but 2-3 mil to do what she does? In the words of Biden…Cmon man!

Reactions: Flat Rock`s Finest
shes a hot black woman that does interviews...she adds very little value to my viewing experience..just my opinion of course...espn overpays for everything and everybody and then they have to make vast cuts..rinse and repeat

My thought as well…..what on earth justifies paying her that much?? Wow

to be clear, i would say the same about all sideline reporters

🤣🤣

Bunch of haters... Obviously TV personalities (let alone attractive TV faces) are much harder to come by than all of our boring ass jobs so they get paid more... That doesn't mean she's compensated fairly for her job.

I have no clue what she's worth but clearly the pool of candidates who can stand on live camera, in front of thousands of people, at games being broadcasted to millions of people, and not bumble around or get deer in the headlights is smaller than you think. So they get paid more.

If it's so easy you should stop banging big rocks into little rocks and go apply for her job. Instant millionaire! What's stopping you?

🤣🤣

Bunch of haters... Obviously TV personalities (let alone attractive TV faces) are much harder to come by than all of our boring ass jobs so they get paid more... That doesn't mean she's compensated fairly for her job.

I have no clue what she's worth but clearly the pool of candidates who can stand on live camera, in front of thousands of people, at games being broadcasted to millions of people, and not bumble around or get deer in the headlights is smaller than you think. So they get paid more.

If it's so easy you should stop banging big rocks into little rocks and go apply for her job. Instant millionaire! What's stopping you?
Lol dude it’s not “being a hater,” I just don’t think standing on the sideline and interviewing the coach a couple times justifies a $5M salary

It’s not just MT, I would echo that statement for any of them, male or female

First. Stephen A needs his salary cut
Second is that the responses in here are for a lack of respect for sports media and how much money they make
Third. Her problem is that her primary role is related to the floundering NBA.
Last. I would love to see salaries for all espn personalities

A lot of people in this thread expressing opinions without even knowing all the jobs Taylor does for ESPN. Hey she should have taken the offer last year but didn't. Now she will either make 2-3 million a year at ESPN or she will make a great salary elsewhere. She made some comments regarding TL and KB as well as the one regarding Tony Elliott which were incorrect and uninformed and now she's a target on this board. She isn't perfect, but she does a good job from what I've observed over the years.

Here's a newsflash for some of you ... Professional sportscasters make tons of money as do professional athletes, coaches, and college coaches. How do you feel about Tony Romo (whom I love) making $875,000 a game? Now that's ridiculous!

Reactions: fcctiger12
She might be worth around $65,000 per year, with an additional dental plan added. o_O

I know where you’re trying to go with this but the responses would be the same regardless of who it was…sideline reporters don’t exactly rake in the viewers…
Nothing against Taylor but 2-3 mil to do what she does? In the words of Biden…Cmon man!

"Sideline reporters don't exactly rake in the viewers"...eh. If it's La Tech vs Troy on a Wednesday night, I'm a maybe. But if Katie George is patrolling the sidelines? I'm locked TF in.

Reactions: Tigerbee59
shes a hot black woman that does interviews...she adds very little value to my viewing experience..just my opinion of course...espn overpays for everything and everybody and then they have to make vast cuts..rinse and repeat
Is she tho? I cannot understand anyone finding Maria Taylor hot unless you're secretly drawn to men. "She" is decidedly masculine and nothing about Maria reads sexy or desirable to me. Hmmmmm.

🤣🤣

Lots of things are stopping me and I’m not hating. I think 2.3 might be fair but 5 seems excessive. Apparently her bosses agreed.

A lot of people in this thread expressing opinions without even knowing all the jobs Taylor does for ESPN. Hey she should have taken the offer last year but didn't. Now she will either make 2-3 million a year at ESPN or she will make a great salary elsewhere. She made some comments regarding TL and KB as well as the one regarding Tony Elliott which were incorrect and uninformed and now she's a target on this board. She isn't perfect, but she does a good job from what I've observed over the years.

Here's a newsflash for some of you ... Professional sportscasters make tons of money as do professional athletes, coaches, and college coaches. How do you feel about Tony Romo (whom I love) making $875,000 a game? Now that's ridiculous!
I don’t hold my opinion because I didn’t appreciate Taylor’s comments, I just don’t think she should make more than $200k-$300k

Reactions: tallulahtiger30319
I met her at a Tennessee game several years ago. She’s attractive but we all find different things appealing.
gotcha. I met her in an airport a year or two ago and decided right then and there that she has an abundance of testosterone and male genetalia. But as you say, different strokes for different folks so whatever. Don't care what money she earns. Good for her if she can convince ESPN to pay her that much money to blah blah blah.

Thanks for stopping by lil fella.
Don’t get your panties in a wad there bud…it was just an observation…
If NBA ratings were doing really well, she’d be getting a raise…but we all know they’re in the tank & when business isn’t good, paychecks aren’t either (although 2-3 mil is still really good)…

It’s interesting to consider the market for on-air talent, whether in sporting news or other news. Perhaps overpaying for entertainers (blow-hards, attractive blondes, etc) to deliver news is coming around to bite the companies that chose to do so.

Maria Taylor is very good at her job(s). It’s easy to see that if you’re not offended by her “siding” with KB, her political takes, or whatever else makes its way under thin skin. I find it hard to believe that she adds between 2 and 3 million dollars of value to ESPN, though. Much less $5m. Stephen A. Smith draws in many more eyeballs, but I still have a hard time believing he’s worth his salary.

Yanet Garcia, on the other hand…
Yanet%2BGarcia.jpg

It’s interesting to consider the market for on-air talent, whether in sporting news or other news. Perhaps overpaying for entertainers (blow-hards, attractive blondes, etc) to deliver news is coming around to bite the companies that chose to do so.

Maria Taylor is very good at her job(s). It’s easy to see that if you’re not offended by her “siding” with KB, her political takes, or whatever else makes its way under thin skin. I find it hard to believe that she adds between 2 and 3 million dollars of value to ESPN, though. Much less $5m. Stephen A. Smith draws in many more eyeballs, but I still have a hard time believing he’s worth his salary.

Yanet Garcia, on the other hand…
Yanet%2BGarcia.jpg
I don't recall Taylor having any outlandish political takes. I'm sure she has political views, and that I would agree with some and disagree with some. Has she said anything that was really controversial?

Did a quick Wikipedia search and I did not know she played both basketball and volleyball at 1980. Is that less unusual for female athletes (playing multiple sports)? That's pretty rare for male athletes.

Yanet Garcia deserves $10MM a year at least.

Stephen A Smith is an idiot, but he does probably bring in a lot of money. Like Walt Deptula at WCCP - people who love him watch his show, and people who hate him watch his show (or listen in Walt's case).

Reactions: TM2013
Don’t get your panties in a wad there bud…it was just an observation…
If NBA ratings were doing really well, she’d be getting a raise…but we all know they’re in the tank & when business isn’t good, paychecks aren’t either (although 2-3 mil is still really good)…
She is getting a raise.

Reactions: Esso Porch
I don't recall Taylor having any outlandish political takes. I'm sure she has political views, and that I would agree with some and disagree with some. Has she said anything that was really controversial?

Did a quick Wikipedia search and I did not know she played both basketball and volleyball at 1980. Is that less unusual for female athletes (playing multiple sports)? That's pretty rare for male athletes.

Yanet Garcia deserves $10MM a year at least.

Stephen A Smith is an idiot, but he does probably bring in a lot of money. Like Walt Deptula at WCCP - people who love him watch his show, and people who hate him watch his show (or listen in Walt's case).
Controversiality is in the eye of the beholder.

Never realized having the opinion that "making millions of dollars a year to talk about sports is ridiculous" was a racist and/or sexist concept until I read this thread.
You aint reading good...daryl.

It might not be on the board but I would hold the same opinion on any sideline reporter making that much. It’s absurd

Oh absolutely. It's an absurd amount of money.

Just saying, there are some petty posts in this thread simply because it's Maria Taylor.

Reactions: fcctiger12
Of her talking about oppression

Ohh, it was on her IG story several months back. Again, I have no issue people expressing their own personal opinions on their social media. For me, everyone was doing it so I just skipped the stories tbh.

Again (for the other posters) - I think she’s very good at her job. She does a great job with Jalen Rose and that crew. And she’s very well respected. Whether that means she’s worth $3M, I have no idea. None of us know the metrics and the perks she gets, etc….

Also, the KB - Maria stuff is so old.

Ohh, it was on her IG story several months back. Again, I have no issue people expressing their own personal opinions on their social media. For me, everyone was doing it so I just skipped the stories tbh.

Again (for the other posters) - I think she’s very good at her job. She does a great job with Jalen Rose and that crew. And she’s very well respected. Whether that means she’s worth $3M, I have no idea. None of us know the metrics and the perks she gets, etc….

Also, the KB - Maria stuff is so old.
yuck @Jalen Rose

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT