ADVERTISEMENT

*** Maria Taylor offer from ESPN reportedly cut to $2-3 million after a $5 million (annually) offer

Never realized having the opinion that "making millions of dollars a year to talk about sports is ridiculous" was a racist and/or sexist concept until I read this thread.
I never knew being white, a cop or obeying simple commands of law enforcement was racist either until...well you know. if you're not an ass kisser that agrees with liberal ideology you're a racist these days, even if you're black.

Sorry Ms. Nichols that you are being judged by the color of your skin and not the content of your character or body of work

Martin Luther King would cry for this injustice to humanity as this outrage is exactly what he was fighting to prevent for all mankind to make the world a better place

Reactions: Pvilletigerfan
ESPN paying Maria Taylor $5 per year just shows why they are in financial problems.

How does she generate more that $5 million in revenue for ESPN each year?

She adds nothing to College Gameday or the sidelines she roams. Best of luck to her if she can find some to pay her more than the $2-3 more that ESPN is offering.

Reactions: funkbott
Nichols was mostly correct about what she said. It's all for show because there is this ridiculous belief that diversity comes from skin pigmentation. These days it's better to be seen pandering to the idiots than calling them out for their egregious and absurd line of thought. It's paint by numbers rather than earnest and legitimate growth in our country. That's just pathetic.

As a result, you find less diversity on the left these days than ever before. Diversity of thought is true diversity and we have no tolerance for that whatsoever. It's all so absurd that at this time, in this country we are so obsessed with what people look like on the outside. What's even worse is that people at nearly every level actually buy into this half inch deep mode of thinking. It's really a tragedy that we've reduced people to what they look like on the outside rather than who they are and what they believe on the inside. I'm far more interested in that part of people.

The part that got me was Nichols was not ok with someone getting her job for what she deemed as a race thing but was clear that it was ok in any other department. Nichols does not seem like the type of person I would want to work around. Out for herself and to hell with everyone else.

Is she tho? I cannot understand anyone finding Maria Taylor hot unless you're secretly drawn to men. "She" is decidedly masculine and nothing about Maria reads sexy or desirable to me. Hmmmmm.
For this heterosexual male, YES SHE IS! Those Legs, Butt, Eyes…Gotta Go Wife Coming!

So Rachel Nichols was booted from ESPNs NBA coverage because she said that Maria Taylor was an affirmative action hire.

Nichols is replaced by a black woman who has less than 2 years experience, who worked for her grandfathers civil rights law firm (at least according to that bastion of truth wikipedia) and ESPN promotes as a member of the National Association of Black Journalists.

Damn. The irony is thick here.
…Or from a business point of view; She was booted for lack of Professionalism & her replacement has a great broadcast resume!

Nichols was mostly correct about what she said. It's all for show because there is this ridiculous belief that diversity comes from skin pigmentation. These days it's better to be seen pandering to the idiots than calling them out for their egregious and absurd line of thought. It's paint by numbers rather than earnest and legitimate growth in our country. That's just pathetic.

As a result, you find less diversity on the left these days than ever before. Diversity of thought is true diversity and we have no tolerance for that whatsoever. It's all so absurd that at this time, in this country we are so obsessed with what people look like on the outside. What's even worse is that people at nearly every level actually buy into this half inch deep mode of thinking. It's really a tragedy that we've reduced people to what they look like on the outside rather than who they are and what they believe on the inside. I'm far more interested in that part of people.
It's by design:

The interesting thing about the righteous woke, they are willing to eat their own.

krbax0sz11tM4_uSJ-kyYGHNUxNoPPHoqCOQBzMPwyAscEfn4BLxRaN84vPv9IOb29o4bw

Reactions: SouthFloridaBroker
I mean she's okay at her job. I would never turn in to watch a show just because she's on it nor would I turn off a show because she's on it. She's just there and does a decent job. Don't think she is worth five million but hey what do I know?

The interesting thing about the righteous woke, they are willing to eat their own.

krbax0sz11tM4_uSJ-kyYGHNUxNoPPHoqCOQBzMPwyAscEfn4BLxRaN84vPv9IOb29o4bw
So that has typically been the major problem that the Democrats have faced in the past as a party: they are warring factions that don’t usually all care about the others’ causes or concerns. The only thing they really had in common was that they were not Republicans and that wasn’t usually enough to motivate all to the polls. Republicans are starting (really with the Tea Party) to suffer the same fractured party issues and don’t have the overall numbers like the Democrats.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT