ADVERTISEMENT

Mass shooting at Kansas City Chiefs SB parade…

So your blaming Republicans for mass shootings under Biden s watch? We've had more mass shootings under Biden than any other President in history. The same President trying to ban Guns and take away American rights. It's the Guns blah blah blah!! When does a Gun pull it's own trigger? It doesn't and never has. But let's blame Trump instead of seeing like it is. Biden and Democrats are a failure they have destroyed this Country they have took away what this Country stood for. They have taken God out of this country they have poisoned our youth , teaching our kids garbage in school instead of learning ,they wanna teach them homosexuality, white people are all white supremacists, hate your race .There is no God it's a myth. Let's blame Republicans for our Gun laws . When all the mass shootings is under a demented President that can't complete a full sentence watch! Our Country has become sick almost Demonic and it's because of the Democratic party.
Dude, read what I said. Not sure where you got any of what your response is insinuating.

“The supplemental represents an attempt by the foreign policy blob/deep state to stop President Trump from pursuing his desired policy, and if he does so anyways, to provide grounds to impeach him and undermine his administration. All Republicans should oppose its passage,” reads the memo by Vance's office.

The then-Democratic House majority impeached Trump in 2019 over the then-president's move to withhold funding slated for Ukraine and pressure Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky to launch investigations into Joe Biden, who defeated Trump in November 2020. The Senate acquitted Trump in early 2020.

https://www.politico.com/live-updat...n-aid-bill-could-get-trump-impeached-00140939

Reactions: TigerGrowls
“The supplemental represents an attempt by the foreign policy blob/deep state to stop President Trump from pursuing his desired policy, and if he does so anyways, to provide grounds to impeach him and undermine his administration. All Republicans should oppose its passage,” reads the memo by Vance's office.

The then-Democratic House majority impeached Trump in 2019 over the then-president's move to withhold funding slated for Ukraine and pressure Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky to launch investigations into Joe Biden, who defeated Trump in November 2020. The Senate acquitted Trump in early 2020.

https://www.politico.com/live-updat...n-aid-bill-could-get-trump-impeached-00140939
Wait you believe someone who references the “deep state”?

Man you’ve cracked the code. Well done.

Wait you believe someone who references the “deep state”?

Man you’ve cracked the code. Well done.
I don’t trust any of those ****ers in DC, right or left.
None have our best interest in heart, they prove it every year.

Actually let me back track, I don’t care what they do to you guys in the US. Not my problem and I watch from here south of border but I also know the truth of what’s happening as opposed to what the US media is spreading.

Or you can go the Latin American route and have some of the strictest gun control laws on earth but guess what, it ain't working either and is even worse.

Or maybe go the El Salvador route like the new president and start arresting bad people who do bad things and not go soft on crime, watch this to be a new trend down here as a lot of leaders are taking notice of what this guy is doing, that is if he lives another term.

I don't have an answer but it doesn't seem like any policy has been a great success in recent years.

https://austriancenter.com/gun-control-laws-failed-latin-america/
The problem is he has done away with due process. El Salvador is as safe as it’s ever been, but his administration has acknowledged there are thousands of non-gang members that were swept up in the arrests that may not get a day in court for years. It’s a dictatorial approach, and it wouldn’t work in the USA. Too many activist lawyers and judges that use lawfare to take advantage of our system.

1) Regulate gun ownership/usage the way we regulate cars

- Require a license in order to own/carry a gun the same As we require a driver‘s license. Require gun safety course/test in order to obtain license. Require regular, periodic renewals of license.

- Require all firearms to be registered the same way cars are required to be registered. Owners must register all firearms, pay applicable taxes/fees.

- Require all firearms to be insured the way cars/drivers are insured In the event of accidental shootings. Insurance companies ought to love that.

2) Increase mandatory penalties for violating gun laws.

- Immediate loss of firearm license if you are caught in possession of an unregistered firearm or if a firearm registered to you is found in the possession of someone else. These should come with a period of time where one cannot regain license and should also come with some minimum punishment of jail time And/or fine.

- possessing a firearm without a license is felony with high minimum punishments with jail time required and ban from being able to obtain a license for X amount of years - This will allow for even first time offenders to receive severe punishment for merely possessing a gun, this will help reduce inner city street/gang violence by allowing police to arrest and states to prosecute at felony level for possession only, they do not have to wait for an additional crime to be committed with the gun to impose prison time.

- selling a firearm to someone without a license or failing to register the gun at the point of sale carries same penalties as possessing one without license.

3) Guns cannot be carried across state lines.

- You’ve got two options here. One is that a gun licenses/registrations are valid only in the state they are issued in, making their legality void once crossing into another state or (and I prefer this option) the registration/license process is federally run. This stops the current issue of someone in a state with strict gun laws simply driving an hour away to another state with lax gun laws and getting guns they can’t get at home.

4) These laws apply to ALL guns. Hand guns, rifles, etc. All are subject to licensing and registration.

5) Strict limits on the number of rounds guns can fire At a time.

- regulate gun manufacturing with the goal that we make it as difficult as possible for any person to kill a large number of people in a short amount of time.

There is no answer that will end mass shootings immediately. There is no answer that will end gun deaths or even mass shootings permanently. But over time we can drastically, drastically reduce the amount of gun deaths and mass shootings, which have reached a rate so astounding that it makes it very difficult to continue calling America the greatest country in the world.
Or maybe just enforce the laws already on the books. 99.99% of gun owners are legal and law abiding. I shouldn’t be put through the wringer or added to a government database that would be abused simply because of terrible parents who ignore their children’s mental health, or let them run the streets all day and night.

That’s a pretty broad brush you have there. The majority of American's want more restricted gun laws. Perhaps you need to move?
Read what you just typed again and then try to find it in the constitution. The guns are for protection against those that attempt to take our freedoms away.

Maybe you should rethink about who should be looking for a new country.

Or maybe just enforce the laws already on the books. 99.99% of gun owners are legal and law abiding. I shouldn’t be put through the wringer or added to a government database that would be abused simply because of terrible parents who ignore their children’s mental health, or let them run the streets all day and night.
People that want more goverment control kill me. We should be focused on taking control from them instead of giving them more.

I don’t trust any of those ****ers in DC, right or left.
None have our best interest in heart, they prove it every year.

Actually let me back track, I don’t care what they do to you guys in the US. Not my problem and I watch from here south of border but I also know the truth of what’s happening as opposed to what the US media is spreading.
holy shit guys, we figured it out. @Cabotiger really works for the FBI.

seriously though, how do you type a line like "I also know the truth of what’s happening as opposed to what the US media is spreading." and not feel like a complete douchebag?

@dbjork6317 just got all my likes - not saying outlaw - just put some common sense rules in place where legitimate folks will bitch, but still do what is required, and illegitimate folks will rail the man for taking their guns away. We are a stupid society, if we think any, and all guns should be available to any, and all persons.

I have a pistol, but have been trained. Not sure why I would need an Assault rifle?

We have already done that though.

We continue to put restrictions on law abiding citizens and making it harder and harder to defend oneself.

If these guys that were arrested already violated the laws on the books, what are new laws going to do?

If these recent shootings aren't committed with assault rifles, what will banning assault rifles do?

There has to be more to it than banning guns and making more laws.

How about we work on controlling the border AND install some common sense gun laws like the rest of the civilized world? Surely the greatest country on the planet can walk and chew bubble gum at the same time.

I'm not sure we actually have a border crisis, though. Republicans used to scream about it all the time, but then when the gentleman Republican from Oklahoma actually authored a bill with very stringent border security stipulations, the other Republicans refused to approve it because Daddy Trump said he didn't want Biden to get credit for it...which leads me to wonder if there really is a crisis since Republicans think it can wait several more months at the very least when they try to get Trump back in office. Meanwhile Republicans also voted down a recent mental health bill, so it kind of makes you wonder if they're just full of shit in general...

1640757674592665615-Fs-Uk-Y1e-Xg-A06-Lk-V.jpg

Republicans...

no mental health bills
no border security bills
no gun reform

Yeah, I think they're just full of shit.
We don’t need a border security bill. We need to enforce the laws that already exist.

How about we work on controlling the border AND install some common sense gun laws like the rest of the civilized world? Surely the greatest country on the planet can walk and chew bubble gum at the same time.

I'm not sure we actually have a border crisis, though. Republicans used to scream about it all the time, but then when the gentleman Republican from Oklahoma actually authored a bill with very stringent border security stipulations, the other Republicans refused to approve it because Daddy Trump said he didn't want Biden to get credit for it...which leads me to wonder if there really is a crisis since Republicans think it can wait several more months at the very least when they try to get Trump back in office. Meanwhile Republicans also voted down a recent mental health bill, so it kind of makes you wonder if they're just full of shit in general...

1640757674592665615-Fs-Uk-Y1e-Xg-A06-Lk-V.jpg

Republicans...

no mental health bills
no border security bills
no gun reform

Yeah, I think they're just full of shit.
i would have to actually read that bill they voted down before offering an opinion

- Require a license in order to own/carry a gun the same As we require a driver‘s license. Require gun safety course/test in order to obtain license. Require regular, periodic renewals of license.

- Require all firearms to be registered the same way cars are required to be registered. Owners must register all firearms, pay applicable taxes/fees.

- Require all firearms to be insured the way cars/drivers are insured In the event of accidental shootings. Insurance companies ought to love that.

- Immediate loss of firearm license if you are caught in possession of an unregistered firearm or if a firearm registered to you is found in the possession of someone else. These should come with a period of time where one cannot regain license and should also come with some minimum punishment of jail time And/or fine.

- possessing a firearm without a license is felony with high minimum punishments with jail time required and ban from being able to obtain a license for X amount of years - This will allow for even first time offenders to receive severe punishment for merely possessing a gun, this will help reduce inner city street/gang violence by allowing police to arrest and states to prosecute at felony level for possession only, they do not have to wait for an additional crime to be committed with the gun to impose prison time.

- selling a firearm to someone without a license or failing to register the gun at the point of sale carries same penalties as possessing one without license.

- You’ve got two options here. One is that a gun licenses/registrations are valid only in the state they are issued in, making their legality void once crossing into another state or (and I prefer this option) the registration/license process is federally run. This stops the current issue of someone in a state with strict gun laws simply driving an hour away to another state with lax gun laws and getting guns they can’t get at home.

4) These laws apply to ALL guns. Hand guns, rifles, etc. All are subject to licensing and registration.

- regulate gun manufacturing with the goal that we make it as difficult as possible for any person to kill a large number of people in a short amount of time.

There is no answer that will end mass shootings immediately. There is no answer that will end gun deaths or even mass shootings permanently. But over time we can drastically, drastically reduce the amount of gun deaths and mass shootings, which have reached a rate so astounding that it makes it very difficult to continue calling America the greatest country in the world.
Might be the best post I’ve ever read on here

Reactions: Watson to Renfrow

Ah so your source is a highly partisan memo from a maga extremist on what he argues might happen based on a slanted account of something that happened previously and nothing from the text of the actual bill. Got it.

What measures would you support to address mental health issues and parents letting their kids “run the streets all day and night?”

That’s a pretty broad brush you have there. The majority of American's want more restricted gun laws. Perhaps you need to move?

I wouldn't trust that polling at all though I am sure as younger generations come up in age that will start to change. If they want to do something about it, use the amendment process to the Constitution. For now, the right to bear arms is enshrined in the Constitution. For the record, I do not own nor have I ever owned a firearm.

And Australia is absolutely an authoritarian hell hole. There's ample evidence of that.

What measures would you support to address mental health issues and parents letting their kids “run the streets all day and night?”
I support two parent households with involved parents that actively rasie their children. A two parent household isn't a fool proof way to make sure you're not raising a little piece of shit psycho, like Ethan Crumbley's parents, but studies have shown that there is a correlation between single parent households and adolescent crime.

To answer the first research question, we examined in general whether a relation exists between growing up in a single-parent family and crime by adolescents. The assessment of the data showed that 34 studies reported a statistically significant positive relation between single-parent families and crime (i.e. growing up in a single-parent family is related to a higher level of crime by adolescents), while 14 studies showed no statistically significant relation. No studies reported a statistically significant negative relation.

We don't need more laws and regulations when the current ones are not enforced properly to begin with. And I'm not sure if you realize this, but more laws and regulations will mean jack shit to criminals, because *gasp* they don't care about the law.

I feel like I'm one of the few on the right who is open to some legislative improvements regarding guns. I don't have an issue with the licensure or registration requirements. I think you could classify ARs and similar guns the same as silencers and require a tax stamp, extended diligence and waiting periods. Plenty of room for improvement without really infringing on law-abiding gun owners.

That said, here is a real world example from me literally in the last week that would trip your laws and doesn't make practical sense.

I traveled to NC last week to go quail hunting. The plantation required O/U shotguns, 20 ga and under. I don't own one, so I borrowed one. That means:
  • I was in possession of a firearm not registered to me
  • My friend had his firearm in the possession of someone who it was not registered to
  • My 2 friends and I all transported firearms across state lines (from SC to NC)
Another example. I have two boys.
  • I have shotguns/rifles registered to me.
  • My sons go hunting with their grandfather using my guns.
  • They are in violation of your laws.
These clearly make no sense, so while your heart is in the right place, a lens of practicality must be applied to new laws.

I also think the insurance thing is pretty pointless. This is very different from auto insurance where claims are super common. Firearm injuries outside of criminal acts are very very rare. Also, you are personally liable for negligence, so if I screw up and injure someone with my gun, they can already sue me. I have a $5M umbrella policy in place that will take care of that. I don't need gun insurance.

Last edited:
Reactions: BionicTiger
I feel like I'm one of the few on the right who is open to some legislative improvements regarding guns. I don't have an issue with the licensure or registration requirements. I think you could classify ARs and similar guns the same as silencers and require a tax stamp, extended diligence and waiting periods. Plenty of room for improvement without really infringing on law-abiding gun owners.

That said, here is a real world example from me literally in the last week that would trip your laws and doesn't make practical sense.

I traveled to NC last week to go quail hunting. The plantation required O/U shotguns, 20 ga and under. I don't own one, so I borrowed one. That means:
  • My friend had his firearm in possession of someone who it was not registered to
  • My 2 friends and I all transported firearms across state lines (from SC to NC)
These clearly make no sense, so while your heart is in the right place, a lens of practicality must be applied to new laws.

I also think the insurance thing is pretty pointless. This is very different from auto insurance where claims are super common. Firearm injuries outside of criminal acts are very very rare. Also, you are personally liable for negligence, so if I screw up and injure someone with my gun, they can already sue me. I have a $5M umbrella policy in place that will take care of that. I don't need gun insurance.

Also, the part the gun control people don't include is they cite all these mass shootings but most are gang shootings which no one seems to care about and none of those guns are legal. And if we make them illegal, they'll still obtain weapons via our porous southern border. There's no version of stopping this that doesn't include a return of law and order and recognition we have abandoned so many societal norms that we really need to be a functioning culture.

At the end of the day, in the types of shootings at the church last weekend and the parade this week, we have people who want to go and kill as many people as possible. They are that filled with evil. If they weren't filled with that kind of evil, they wouldn't do this. The easiest way forward is to start dealing with that. In the aftermath, it's always abundantly obvious these folks were in trouble.

• My friend had his firearm in possession of someone who it was not registered to

Big government proponents don't think about how more laws and more regulations negatively affect the vast majority of law abiding citizens. Just pass a law, that'll fix it! It's a lazy approach.

There is an epidemic/ disease that is totally out of control in this country.

Until people decide to take personal responsibility and correct the obvious issues, nothing will change.

It’s the GREAT AMERICAN tragedy that no one wants to address.

Our cities are war zones. We are safer in downtown Baghdad than most of our big cities. Fact.

It saddens me greatly. And we, as Americans...act like it’s normal.

It’s not.
God knows it's not.

America doesn't know God.

America's god is money and fame: all for ME!

Also, the part the gun control people don't include is they cite all these mass shootings but most are gang shootings which no one seems to care about and none of those guns are legal. And if we make them illegal, they'll still obtain weapons via our porous southern border. There's no version of stopping this that doesn't include a return of law and order and recognition we have abandoned so many societal norms that we really need to be a functioning culture.

At the end of the day, in the types of shootings at the church last weekend and the parade this week, we have people who want to go and kill as many people as possible. They are that filled with evil. If they weren't filled with that kind of evil, they wouldn't do this. The easiest way forward is to start dealing with that. In the aftermath, it's always abundantly obvious these folks were in trouble.

That's overlooked by the people who look at raw gun crime stats and compare those to other developed countries. Something tells me Finland doesn't have the gang issues and inner city crime that we do. I imagine that if you normalized the data for demographics, it would tell an entirely different story.

That's overlooked by the people who look at raw gun crime stats and compare those to other developed countries. Something tells me Finland doesn't have the gang issues and inner city crime that we do. I imagine that if you normalized the data for demographics, it would tell an entirely different story.

People will rip me for this but I would say it this way, people who got to church every week and have God and Jesus at the center of their lives probably have a near zero percent violent crime rate outside of domestic violence issues.

Reactions: ANEW
The problem is he has done away with due process. El Salvador is as safe as it’s ever been, but his administration has acknowledged there are thousands of non-gang members that were swept up in the arrests that may not get a day in court for years. It’s a dictatorial approach, and it wouldn’t work in the USA. Too many activist lawyers and judges that use lawfare to take advantage of our system.
It wouldn't work in the US, too many bleeding hearts. I was referring to the leaders around Latin America with the exception of Mexico who's President has been a disaster and is currently in the process of removing powers from the Supreme Court, Governors, etc so he has a one party rule or in his case a one person ruler. It's gonna be an ugly election year here this summer and rife with corruption even worse than normal.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cheap Shot

• My friend had his firearm in the possession of someone who it was not registered to

Agreed. And, this is the thing lost in the emotional screeching that surrounds this debate. I’m on the right. I own multiple firearms. I’m professionally competent with firearms. Im also very open to reforming licensing and acquisition hurdles/requirements. Every person I hunt or shoot with feels the same way. To a man. There isn’t this massive tactical prepper movement that refuses to budge on firearms entirely. That is a myth. I’m sure those people exist. It’s not a large group. People will support reasonable legislation. That’s where it needs to start. An intelligently constructed bill would easily garner massive bipartisan support. So, where are they?

They lose me when they start talking punishment for things like crossing state lines with legally owned firearms, and having to have ADDM coverage or some shit if you own a firearm. That’s asinine.

Ah so your source is a highly partisan memo from a maga extremist on what he argues might happen based on a slanted account of something that happened previously and nothing from the text of the actual bill. Got it.
I can bring up thousands of sources and you mouth breathers will pooh pooh it as partisan yet you'll quote every line of an article from a liberal journalist as fact and shove your head back up in your ass. Walking around blindly is no way to go through life.

I support two parent households with involved parents that actively rasie their children. A two parent household isn't a fool proof way to make sure you're not raising a little piece of shit psycho, like Ethan Crumbley's parents, but studies have shown that there is a correlation between single parent households and adolescent crime.

To answer the first research question, we examined in general whether a relation exists between growing up in a single-parent family and crime by adolescents. The assessment of the data showed that 34 studies reported a statistically significant positive relation between single-parent families and crime (i.e. growing up in a single-parent family is related to a higher level of crime by adolescents), while 14 studies showed no statistically significant relation. No studies reported a statistically significant negative relation.

We don't need more laws and regulations when the current ones are not enforced properly to begin with. And I'm not sure if you realize this, but more laws and regulations will mean jack shit to criminals, because *gasp* they don't care about the law.
What policy measures would you support to increase the number of two parent households with involved parents that actively raise their children?

• Haha
Reactions: XRP589
No sane emotionally stable person would ever consider these kind of malicious, hideous crimes.

Still, one cannot discount the pure evil that is running amuck in our woke society.

Human trafficking?
Selling anyone or anything out for the alMIGHTy $$?

Like it or not, the mores that keep people on the 'straight and narrow' are not the Law of the Land.
Anywhere.

Churches, family units.
They may be separate, and that's fine.

But the guiding force for civilized people is a logical enforcement of the concept of right and wrong.
Not more restrictions on freedom.

Fix the core issue.

Alas, it may be far too late for that.

I think we could certainly work exceptions into the laws for immediate family members or some sort of documented loan out of firearms. To me the key would be that the registered owner of the gun should be held criminally responsible for anything that happens with their gun in the hands of someone else.

Issuing licenses/registrations at federal level would eliminate concerns travel across state lines.

The Insurance, in my mind, is more about protecting victims. Ensuring victims of gun accidents/irresponsibility have a way to receive damages makes sense to me, and provides a private check on high risk gun owners through premiums/deductibles and even refusal to insure specific types guns or gun owners. It also creates another legal check point that would allow states to immediately prosecute someone for illegal possession.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT