ADVERTISEMENT

Mass shooting at Kansas City Chiefs SB parade…

It would be one thing if the Government was an honest actor. But the last 10 years have shown Washington is corrupt to the core.
It has been corrupt since the country was sold to the Central Banking System to end The Great Depression. They've done an amazing job of getting the people divided using Race, Religion, Politics and Social Status. A Country divided is easy to control.

Because I know of cases of this when people fall down. We are all sinners and we will sin in moments of passion just like everyone else. But we won't get a gun and go into a building and start shooting people.
Understand.
Just seemed odd to me. Maybe that hits home for you some.

There's just so, so many ways that weChristians, especially me, fall short everyday.......
There's not enough books in the world to list them all.

All good, though.

There is an epidemic/ disease that is totally out of control in this country.

Until people decide to take personal responsibility and correct the obvious issues, nothing will change.

It’s the GREAT AMERICAN tragedy that no one wants to address.

Our cities are war zones. We are safer in downtown Baghdad than most of our big cities. Fact.

It saddens me greatly. And we, as Americans...act like it’s normal.

Proper parenting fixes most of it. In black families, the father is absent in too high of a percentage and black males have no discipline or more importantly, no self-worth. The white freaks that shoot up things are from families where dad throws cash at their kids to get them out of his hair because he would rather not spend his time with his child. It’s a simple cause and a simple cure but men have to stand up to their responsibilities unlike what they are currently doing.
THIS, but nobody want to have that conversation

Read what you just typed again and then try to find it in the constitution. The guns are for protection against those that attempt to take our freedoms away.

Maybe you should rethink about who should be looking for a new country.
I appreciate the response.

I know some fairly liberal folks and in all of my conversations on this subject, taking people’s guns away isn’t part of the equation. Or taking anyone’s freedoms away for that matter.

I’ll steal a bit from the great Jim Jefferies:
“There are 92 free countries in the world. The US is one of them. Of those 92, the US has the highest incarceration rate of them all at 1%. The country is second place has less than half that number, South Africa. So, the US is the least free of all the free countries”

And in our “least free” society, conservatives continue to strip away as many personal freedoms as they can. I work for a company that has numerous land leases and take trips to hunt every year. I would never advocate to take their rights or freedoms away. We drive into hell hole areas all the time scouting land. A pistol in the truck is always a good idea. I would never want to take that away from someone. But I don’t think anyone needs a 100 round clip or a bazooka.

I know some fairly liberal folks and in all of my conversations on this subject, taking people’s guns away isn’t part of the equation. Or taking anyone’s freedoms away for that matter.

“There are 92 free countries in the world. The US is one of them. Of those 92, the US has the highest incarceration rate of them all at 1%. The country is second place has less than half that number, South Africa. So, the US is the least free of all the free countries”

And in our “least free” society, conservatives continue to strip away as many personal freedoms as they can. I work for a company that has numerous land leases and take trips to hunt every year. I would never advocate to take their rights or freedoms away. We drive into hell hole areas all the time scouting land. A pistol in the truck is always a good idea. I would never want to take that away from someone. But I don’t think anyone needs a 100 round clip or a bazooka.

The problem with your argument is that not many of these shootings are done with 100 round clips or bazooka's.

This shooting in particular appeared to be with a handgun.

The problem with your argument is that not many of these shootings are done with 100 round clips or bazooka's.

This shooting in particular appeared to be with a handgun.
Right. I understand that point and agree. I was pointing out one of the things that I feel are most important to the average American. But I certainly don’t speak for them just an opinion. Another thing is mental health and under age, or untrained individuals. Those may or may may not apply here also. But we must have a conversation so I appreciate the response

The 2nd amendment wasn't created for the people to protect themselves from the people. It was put in place so the people could fight against the government when they overstep their bounds. Anything the police and military are allowed to have, the people should have access to. It is our $$$ after all that pays for those organizations to be armed.

Reactions: TigerGrowls

I think we should ask the question, why do we have enough shitheads in the country that necessitates locking up twice as many as anyone else?

The problem is he has done away with due process. El Salvador is as safe as it’s ever been, but his administration has acknowledged there are thousands of non-gang members that were swept up in the arrests that may not get a day in court for years. It’s a dictatorial approach, and it wouldn’t work in the USA. Too many activist lawyers and judges that use lawfare to take advantage of our system.
You say it won't work but look at the grandma's arrested for walking in and around the capitol on J6 along with others and held in jail with no bail or trial for years in some cases right here in good Ole USA.

The current regime is using the current levers of power in a dictatorial way and not many are apparently blinking an eye about it.

• Haha
Reactions: dpic73
1) Regulate gun ownership/usage the way we regulate cars

- Require a license in order to own/carry a gun the same As we require a driver‘s license. Require gun safety course/test in order to obtain license. Require regular, periodic renewals of license.

- Require all firearms to be registered the same way cars are required to be registered. Owners must register all firearms, pay applicable taxes/fees.

- Require all firearms to be insured the way cars/drivers are insured In the event of accidental shootings. Insurance companies ought to love that.

2) Increase mandatory penalties for violating gun laws.

- Immediate loss of firearm license if you are caught in possession of an unregistered firearm or if a firearm registered to you is found in the possession of someone else. These should come with a period of time where one cannot regain license and should also come with some minimum punishment of jail time And/or fine.

- possessing a firearm without a license is felony with high minimum punishments with jail time required and ban from being able to obtain a license for X amount of years - This will allow for even first time offenders to receive severe punishment for merely possessing a gun, this will help reduce inner city street/gang violence by allowing police to arrest and states to prosecute at felony level for possession only, they do not have to wait for an additional crime to be committed with the gun to impose prison time.

- selling a firearm to someone without a license or failing to register the gun at the point of sale carries same penalties as possessing one without license.

3) Guns cannot be carried across state lines.

- You’ve got two options here. One is that a gun licenses/registrations are valid only in the state they are issued in, making their legality void once crossing into another state or (and I prefer this option) the registration/license process is federally run. This stops the current issue of someone in a state with strict gun laws simply driving an hour away to another state with lax gun laws and getting guns they can’t get at home.

4) These laws apply to ALL guns. Hand guns, rifles, etc. All are subject to licensing and registration.

5) Strict limits on the number of rounds guns can fire At a time.

- regulate gun manufacturing with the goal that we make it as difficult as possible for any person to kill a large number of people in a short amount of time.

There is no answer that will end mass shootings immediately. There is no answer that will end gun deaths or even mass shootings permanently. But over time we can drastically, drastically reduce the amount of gun deaths and mass shootings, which have reached a rate so astounding that it makes it very difficult to continue calling America the greatest country in the world.

It's really pretty simple. We're not the only country with citizens who have mental health issues or messed up family upbringing situations, but we're the only industrialized nation that has more guns that citizens. The countries who most closely match our way of life as westerners don't have anything remotely close to the gun violence/mass shootings we have, and that's because their legislators don't put up with the gun nut culture bullshit that we have allowed to overrun our country.

This isn't exactly rocket science. It's the ridiculous proliferation of guns and the overkill capabilities of many of those guns in circulation. And just remember....the same people who bend over for the NRA/gun lobby are the same ones who also vote down mental health initiatives. Kind of like how they're the same ones who voted yesterday to impeach Mayorkas for not doing enough allegedly about border control even though conservative Republicans negotiated the most stringent border security bill ever presented on the Hill before the MAGA cult declared it DOA so they could use the border crisis they constantly scream about as a political football for the next voting cycle.

You have to remember how many American citizens willingly get their "news" from a channel that recently paid $750M for lying to its viewers and argued in another court case that its most popular anchor at the time was merely playing a character on his nightly primetime show. Can't fix stupid as they say.

Screenshot-2024-02-14-at-6-54-43-PM.png

Screenshot-2024-02-14-at-7-12-52-PM.png
The ole border wall okie doke. Lulz

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT