ADVERTISEMENT

My wife’s aunt just passed away due to covid

Just found out my business partner's daughter who is 28, no prior conditions and a former athlete (college basketball) has Covid. She has been in the hospital for 3 days and can barely breathe. They have her on oxygen and meds and roll her every two hours. Even sadder is they won't let anyone- family in to see her. One nurse comes in with a Haz mat suit to roll her and administer meds, etc. The doctor calls in on a phone. Being alone AND going thru that would suck on a whole new level. Tough for everyone. People should at least have compassion and grace for others going thru this. I know humanity on a message board is hard to show but if you find yourself typing something snarky or hateful involving other people's pain... stop. Show grace. Let it go and move on. Their emotions will settle and your support will get them there quicker instead of escalating.

Weird stuff? LOL! Ten years ago a “conspiracy theorist” was thought to be insane. I think given all that is happening that may have changed to some degree. But I’m not gonna try and convince you of anything. You’re seeing it already and unless God changes the course you’re likely to see much worse prior to November. Maybe inviting people to be twisted into a pretzel at a bank isn’t weird now days.
I bet you drive a Tahoe LT

It’s simple: there’s an entire generation of people that have never had to sacrifice anything for the greater good and were raised in an era of fierce individualism and they’ve become so entitled that they simply won’t abide even the tiniest of inconveniences. These people stood outside and protested with signs like “I need a haircut.” Yet now they roll their eyes at people protesting with signs like “stop killing people”
Post of the Week!

I bet you’re the lil’ bitch that back peddled in Publix today when I walked the wrong way down the aisle.
This might be part of the problem. Your opinion that u don’t give a shit to go down wrong way and not care is certainly right compared to “the lil bitch” opinion to do the right thing and make an effort to do the right thing. Your way has to be correct. Tough guy!! you are the man

Last edited:
I bet you’re the lil’ bitch that back peddled in Publix today when I walked the wrong way down the aisle.
I’m guessing you’re ugly and freaky looking and the dude thought you were teeming with COVID. You’ve probably had people doing that around you your whole life and you think it’s because you’re so tough. It’s really because you are a pariah that no one wants to be around.

I’m guessing you’re ugly and freaky looking and the dude thought you were teeming with COVID. You’ve probably had people doing that around you your whole life and you think it’s because you’re so tough. It’s really because you are a pariah that no one wants to be around.

I’m so tough? You were the dipshit challenging someone to fight you.

Reactions: tigergrad03
I wear one at work and that’s it, not because I’m defiant, but because of long term health issues of wearing one. The suppression of your immune system and respiratory issues scares me more then the virus. Breathing in your CO2 and not being able to expel unhealthy bacteria ain’t good. I do respect social distancing though.

I laughed ......does wearing a mask make you Grunt more

Sorry for your loss.
My family and I wear maskS everywhere we go, b/c we’re not a-holes and have concern and consideration for our fellow man.

Reactions: dual_tiger
When are you wearing the mask long term in public? Why would you not wear the mask in public because of “long-term” effects are unlikely?

When in public long term? Um, my flight to Alaska next month requires a mask the entire flight, and that's a looooong ass flight.

Have you ever wondered given it seems like common sense, that is wearing a mask, how the CDC of all places could or would “switch” their view on such a thing? I mean would the Center for Disease Control not know for a certainty from the beginning that wearing a mask is either beneficial or not? If not that seems like gross incompetence at best.

At first it was believed the virus spread via aerosolized vapor that a standard mask could not stop and only an N95 or greater could stop. Hence why fauci and the cdc said masks likely won't help and the average person shouldn't buy up all the n95 to reduce the shortage for healthcare workers.. It was later discovered that it is primarily spread via droplets where a standard surgical mask likely will help prevent the spread. Based on this new information masks should be worn by everyone one. It is incredibly selfish not to wear one in public. It's a disgrace that our president had made wearing masks political.

Sorry for the loss, OP.

This thread got a little....
WaryPointedAntarcticfurseal-size_restricted.gif

At first it was believed the virus spread via aerosolized vapor that a standard mask could not stop and only an N95 or greater could stop. Hence why fauci and the cdc said masks likely won't help and the average person shouldn't buy up all the n95 to reduce the shortage for healthcare workers.. It was later discovered that it is primarily spread via droplets where a standard surgical mask likely will help prevent the spread. Based on this new information masks should be worn by everyone one. It is incredibly selfish not to wear one in public. It's a disgrace that our president had made wearing masks political.

Ok. The problem is most no longer believe a word from any mainstream media source. Nothing. And why should they? The media have lied and controlled the masses through their propaganda for decades. People are waking up to it. Fauci is dead center in the middle of causing this mess. As for a masks go, be it right wrong or indifferent we were in two highly public places today in the Upstate and not 1 of the hundreds of people we saw had on a mask with the exception of the employees of a restaurant. And I can assure you that was only due to an act so no one would “feel” unsafe. So unless the majority are incredibly selfish idiots take your garbage and spill it to someone who cares. Because the majority has every reason not to believe a word from anyone in the media, most of the government and all its many alphabet agencies. That is a fact. And yes that includes the incredible Dr. Fauci and the CDC. Both of whom are to some degree responsible for letting the sh!t get out of China. Take a look at the still shot from the March with Dabo and the football team today. Dabo has on a mask and the player to his right does not. To his left the player has it below his mouth. So are they incredibly selfish? Is Dabo selfish for not making them wear a damn mask? If the virus is what they say it will infect you through your eyes as well as your nose and mouth. So where are all the safety glasses?

Reactions: tallulahtiger30319
Ok. The problem is most no longer believe a word from any mainstream media source. Nothing. And why should they? The media have lied and controlled the masses through their propaganda for decades. People are waking up to it. Fauci is dead center in the middle of causing this mess. As for a masks go, be it right wrong or indifferent we were in two highly public places today in the Upstate and not 1 of the hundreds of people we saw had on a mask with the exception of the employees of a restaurant. And I can assure you that was only due to an act so no one would “feel” unsafe. So unless the majority are incredibly selfish idiots take your garbage and spill it to someone who cares. Because the majority has every reason not to believe a word from anyone in the media, most of the government and all its many alphabet agencies. That is a fact. And yes that includes the incredible Dr. Fauci and the CDC. Both of whom are to some degree responsible for letting the sh!t get out of China. Take a look at the still shot from the March with Dabo and the football team today. Dabo has on a mask and the player to his right does not. To his left the player has it below his mouth. So are they incredibly selfish? Is Dabo selfish for not making them wear a damn mask? If the virus is what they say it will infect you through your eyes as well as your nose and mouth. So where are all the safety glasses?
Wearing a mask is a small sacrifice to make to help prevent spread in our community. It helps protect our vulnerable, it helps protect our economy. It's a simple patriotic gesture for the better of us all. Cases are skyrocketing in south carolina, they will continue to with this blatant disregard to simple science/facts. People are dying, people are losing their jobs, it's getting worse. Wear a mask.

Wearing a mask is a small sacrifice to make to help prevent spread in our community. It helps protect our vulnerable, it helps protect our economy. It's a simple patriotic gesture for the better of us all. Cases are skyrocketing in south carolina, they will continue to with this blatant disregard to simple science/facts. People are dying, people are losing their jobs, it's getting worse. Wear a mask.
Climb off the ledge dude. Damn.

I agree with you in general on this. I wear one when going into a place that is risky imo. But I’m talking about something bigger. It was shocking today to see NO ONE wearing a mask. My wife and I commented on it multiple times. We left two restaurants before we found a third due to the incredible number of people all packed in like sardines and not one person was wearing one. So either that is all out massive selfishness or people all out don’t believe anything because of the never ending lies or a combination of both. Either way the agenda is being accomplished. And that is scary because it will not end well. What do you think happens when they demand a second lockdown which is already being discussed?

I agree with you in general on this. I wear one when going into a place that is risky imo. But I’m talking about something bigger. It was shocking today to see NO ONE wearing a mask. My wife and I commented on it multiple times. We left two restaurants before we found a third due to the incredible number of people all packed in like sardines and not one person was wearing one. So either that is all out massive selfishness or people all out don’t believe anything because of the never ending lies or a combination of both. Either way the agenda is being accomplished. And that is scary because it will not end well. What do you think happens when they demand a second lockdown which is already being discussed?
I have been shocked by the lack of masks being worn in the area. I say it's selfish because it's such a small gesture that could have a large impact. If wearing a mask could save lives why not do it? I think it's mainly ignorance and lack of leadership in our national, state, and local government. In my opinion the government should mail out a pack of masks to every household and ask people to wear one. Scientists are saying that if 80% of people would just wear a mask the spread would drastically come down. Why are we not coming together as a country to end this thing? Our economy will be crushed if we have to shut down again, and based on our current trajectory I'd say that's becoming more and more likely to happen.

Reactions: KansasClemson215
It’s simple: there’s an entire generation of people that have never had to sacrifice anything for the greater good and were raised in an era of fierce individualism and they’ve become so entitled that they simply won’t abide even the tiniest of inconveniences. These people stood outside and protested with signs like “I need a haircut.” Yet now they roll their eyes at people protesting with signs like “stop killing people”
Damn dude. That’s good.

I have been shocked by the lack of masks being worn in the area. I say it's selfish because it's such a small gesture that could have a large impact. If wearing a mask could save lives why not do it? I think it's mainly ignorance and lack of leadership in our national, state, and local government. In my opinion the government should mail out a pack of masks to every household and ask people to wear one. Scientists are saying that if 80% of people would just wear a mask the spread would drastically come down. Why are we not coming together as a country to end this thing? Our economy will be crushed if we have to shut down again, and based on our current trajectory I'd say that's becoming more and more likely to happen.
100% agree that the government should mail everyone in this country more N95 masks than they could use. If they can mail thousands of dollars to 330+Million people then it’s the least they can do before inflation destroys what’s left of the economy. I do think they will try to lock it down again. This time millions will likely spill into the streets as many will have nothing left to lose. It won’t work for the most part, but they know that. They are changing the narrative again. This time to make it look like the people did this evil thing to humanity by not locking down again. See Atalanta as we speak. Fires everywhere as another black man was shot. Why? Because he fell asleep in a Wendy’s drive through, immediately had a physical confirmation with police, got ones taser, ran and then turned to use it on the police . He was shot dead right there. Video evidence shows everything. But they proceeded to burn down the Wendy’s and other buildings. Things don’t look good.

ADVERTISEMENT