ADVERTISEMENT

My wife’s aunt just passed away due to covid

I have been shocked by the lack of masks being worn in the area. I say it's selfish because it's such a small gesture that could have a large impact. If wearing a mask could save lives why not do it? I think it's mainly ignorance and lack of leadership in our national, state, and local government. In my opinion the government should mail out a pack of masks to every household and ask people to wear one. Scientists are saying that if 80% of people would just wear a mask the spread would drastically come down. Why are we not coming together as a country to end this thing? Our economy will be crushed if we have to shut down again, and based on our current trajectory I'd say that's becoming more and more likely to happen.

The economy is not going to shut down again, unless you are talking about an uber liberal state.

Reactions: tigergrad03
Just found out my business partner's daughter who is 28, no prior conditions and a former athlete (college basketball) has Covid. She has been in the hospital for 3 days and can barely breathe. They have her on oxygen and meds and roll her every two hours. Even sadder is they won't let anyone- family in to see her. One nurse comes in with a Haz mat suit to roll her and administer meds, etc. The doctor calls in on a phone. Being alone AND going thru that would suck on a whole new level. Tough for everyone. People should at least have compassion and grace for others going thru this. I know humanity on a message board is hard to show but if you find yourself typing something snarky or hateful involving other people's pain... stop. Show grace. Let it go and move on. Their emotions will settle and your support will get them there quicker instead of escalating.

The doctor calls in on a phone.
YIKES! Shouldn’t the doctor see her daily?
It’s bad enough to be alone in a horrific situation

I agree with you in general on this. I wear one when going into a place that is risky imo. But I’m talking about something bigger. It was shocking today to see NO ONE wearing a mask. My wife and I commented on it multiple times. We left two restaurants before we found a third due to the incredible number of people all packed in like sardines and not one person was wearing one. So either that is all out massive selfishness or people all out don’t believe anything because of the never ending lies or a combination of both. Either way the agenda is being accomplished. And that is scary because it will not end well. What do you think happens when they demand a second lockdown which is already being discussed?[/QUOTE]

You actually expect people to wear masks in restaurants? It sounds to me like you don’t need to be going to a restaurant at all. You have a choice to stay at home and not dine out. People absolutely are not going to wear a mask in a restaurant.

The economy is not going to shut down again, unless you are talking about an uber liberal state.
I have a feeling some will surprise us and try but it will not fly this time. People have had enough and some nothing left to lose

I agree with you in general on this. I wear one when going into a place that is risky imo. But I’m talking about something bigger. It was shocking today to see NO ONE wearing a mask. My wife and I commented on it multiple times. We left two restaurants before we found a third due to the incredible number of people all packed in like sardines and not one person was wearing one. So either that is all out massive selfishness or people all out don’t believe anything because of the never ending lies or a combination of both. Either way the agenda is being accomplished. And that is scary because it will not end well. What do you think happens when they demand a second lockdown which is already being discussed?

You actually expect people to wear masks in restaurants? It sounds to me like you don’t need to be going to a restaurant at all. You have a choice to stay at home and not done out. People absolutely are not going to wear a mask in a restaurant.[/QUOTE]
We are on the same side here. I’ve liked your posts. I was trying to make a point that the media is the root cause behind all of it. No while eating you can’t wear a mask lol. The other place wasn’t a restaurant and had hundreds of people. And one Thursday night over 1000 people with not a single mask.

I agree with you in general on this. I wear one when going into a place that is risky imo. But I’m talking about something bigger. It was shocking today to see NO ONE wearing a mask. My wife and I commented on it multiple times. We left two restaurants before we found a third due to the incredible number of people all packed in like sardines and not one person was wearing one. So either that is all out massive selfishness or people all out don’t believe anything because of the never ending lies or a combination of both. Either way the agenda is being accomplished. And that is scary because it will not end well. What do you think happens when they demand a second lockdown which is already being discussed?

You actually expect people to wear masks in restaurants? It sounds to me like you don’t need to be going to a restaurant at all. You have a choice to stay at home and not dine out. People absolutely are not going to wear a mask in a restaurant.[/QUOTE]
You’re right. We normally eat at home but wanted to have a night out. It didn’t bother me at all that they didn’t have any. That wasn’t the message

Reactions: ForzaTigre
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT