ADVERTISEMENT

NASCAR Bros: A Question

OldMTPTiger

Lake Baikal
Gold Member
Aug 23, 2008
Newberry, SC
As a disclaimer, I am no NASCAR expert. Closest thing to a NASCAR Race that I have ever been to was a some short track races at the old Summerville Speedway with my dad’s now deceased best friend Larry, who was from Gainesville, GA of all places.

But on the Wallace deal, as I understand, The garage is at Talladega is organized based on your Xfinity cup points. In other words, Whoever was number one in Xfinity couple points on race day gets stall number one and then they are doled out in declining order from there.

Again, I don’t know a flipping thing about NASCAR, but I assume there were one or more drivers that got some sort of points for how they performed in qualifying. If that is the case, do the teams move on race day or are you locked into your stall based on Pre-Race points?

Well, that fact alone made Wallace’s absurd story a little more believable.

But still, it never passed the smell test for me.

If this thing went down how they are now saying it did, whoever reported that garage door rope as a possible “noose” was FULL OF SHIT from the get go, with bad intentions.
Where is the person that initially reported this as a possible noose? How can someone that supposedly belongs in the garage area, be so ignorant? And that’s just it, no one can be that ignorant, so then how does it get reported as such?
And furthermore, for NASCAR and it’s President Steve Phelps and all the higher ups in the sport to let something so damn silly gain so much traction and blow up like it did, tells me there are a lot of ignorant people in those circle ....or maybe they were playing ignorant.
Things like this can’t go overlooked, we are dealing with some foundational level crap right now. Here we are trying to get to whatever issues we have going on and then we have bogus crap like this blowing common decency outta the water. WHY AND HOW IN THE HELL CAN THIS SOCIETY BE SPITTING OUT THIS KIND OF IGNORANCE?

This “noose” was there a year ago. There’s a video from 2017 showing it was there then as well. What a well established plot. To plant a noose in plain sight for 3 years knowing that a black driver would get that garage stall at the same time there’d be lots of racial protests going on. Genius I tell you. Bravo to the mastermind.

That damn rope had probably been in everyone of those garages tied just like that for as long as those garage doors have been there....yearrrrrsss. I mean damn, I been in those garages, I have worked in those garages THEY BEEN THERE FOREVER. And now somebody just decides to claim it as a possible racist angle? Huh?

How can something so trivial be used to cause so much trouble? It’s just mind blowing to me how this is allowed to be given credence.

I thought it was amazing that he has been getting a lot of publicity, not including the noose thing, and suddenly wins.

That damn rope had probably been in everyone of those garages tied just like that for as long as those garage doors have been there....yearrrrrsss. I mean damn, I been in those garages, I have worked in those garages THEY BEEN THERE FOREVER. And now somebody just decides to claim it as a possible racist angle? Huh?

How can something so trivial be used to cause so much trouble? It’s just mind blowing to me how this is allowed to be given credence.
Never let a crisis go to waste, turn over every rock that fits the narrative being pushed.

I thought it was amazing that he has been getting a lot of publicity, not including the noose thing, and suddenly wins.
Wallace hasn't won any race since winning a few truck races ......... in 2017 I think.

It’s possible it was all a ploy to hide what was happening outside the tracks and above it. I’ve always thought it was trash but the confederate flag has been apart of nascar since the beginning.

nascar decides to “ban” the flag at events the week prior to going to talladega Alabama???

A plane pulling a giant confederate flag flies over and circles the track while many outside drive around to protest what they had done. All with confederate flags.

Nascar baited people and I believe set this whole thing up to look like they were following the PC crowd. I quit watching years ago but it’s disgusting and they will lose what’s left of their followers rapidly.

As a disclaimer, I am no NASCAR expert. Closest thing to a NASCAR Race that I have ever been to was a some short track races at the old Summerville Speedway with my dad’s now deceased best friend Larry, who was from Gainesville, GA of all places.

But on the Wallace deal, as I understand, The garage is at Talladega is organized based on your Xfinity cup points. In other words, Whoever was number one in Xfinity couple points on race day gets stall number one and then they are doled out in declining order from there.

Again, I don’t know a flipping thing about NASCAR, but I assume there were one or more drivers that got some sort of points for how they performed in qualifying. If that is the case, do the teams move on race day or are you locked into your stall based on Pre-Race points?

Actually I think it might be random draw, or you go by points but get to pick your stall.

It can't be #1 team gets the #1 stall, etc - because Wallace isn't in the top 20 in points much less top 4. So knowing where his car would be on raceday would be damn near impossible.

It’s possible it was all a ploy to hide what was happening outside the tracks and above it. I’ve always thought it was trash but the confederate flag has been apart of nascar since the beginning.

nascar decides to “ban” the flag at events the week prior to going to talladega Alabama???

A plane pulling a giant confederate flag flies over and circles the track while many outside drive around to protest what they had done. All with confederate flags.

Nascar baited people and I believe set this whole thing up to look like they were following the PC crowd. I quit watching years ago but it’s disgusting and they will lose what’s left of their followers rapidly.
You are disgusted by nascar banning the flag but not the fact that there are people flying the Confederate flag above and outside the track?

I truly don't give a **** about this, so I don't know or care to take the time to follow the details, but to be clear: what terrible awful things have happened as a result of this incident (whether it happened or not).

Drivers came together and marched with bubba? And so you all are full-blown freaking out about the downfall of society. @Sportyfella ITT barely able to survive.

You don't see how someone on Wallace's team, the only black driver, a product of NASCARs diversity program, who just drove a BLM car, could over interpret that and in their desire to protect the driver went overboard in their reaction?

The problem is that the knee jerk reaction went viral because of social media and the general media's race to be first without any real thought and analysis. A large part of the issues going on today (from the President's twitter account to the origin of BLM) is because of initial knee-jerk reactions move at the speed of light with no checks and balances.

The show of solidarity was awesome even if the origin was now re-evaluated. Now Wallace needs to just be quiet on the issue, thank his competitor for their support and talk about moving forward as a group. Don't double down on the symbolism.

Reactions: firegiver
You are disgusted by nascar banning the flag but not the fact that there are people flying the Confederate flag above and outside the track?

No I’m disgusted by both. Nascar absolutely had to know that was a rope on every garage door to pull the door down. They made it a publicity stunt. And they also had to know going to Alabama there would be push back on the flag ban. And there was.

I truly don't give a **** about this, so I don't know or care to take the time to follow the details, but to be clear: what terrible awful things have happened as a result of this incident (whether it happened or not).

Drivers came together and marched with bubba? And so you all are full-blown freaking out about the downfall of society. @Sportyfella ITT barely able to survive.

The issue is that when something like this happens for real, everyone will assume it's a hoax or a misunderstanding at best. And the data will support that.

A mistake happened. Okay. We get it. But the thing to do now is acknowledge this and let it go. He doesn't seem to be doing that.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/24/us/bubba-wallace-response-fbi-hate-crime-investigation/index.html

(BTW, it takes about five seconds to tie a noose).

Plus members of the 'media' such as Jemele Hill will never accept that this was a simple mistake. Apparently those don't happen anymore.

Last edited:
HERITAGE NOT HATE BRO

Hey bro I have as many black friends as white ones. I do think the flag offends them and don’t support people using it.

But if people do use it they have the right to do so. No different than black lives matter or any of the other things we are seeing.

Hey bro I have as many black friends as white ones. I do think the flag offends them and don’t support people using it.

But if people do use it they have the right to do so. No different than black lives matter or any of the other things we are seeing.

Lolololooolololol. Seriously? The Confederate flag is "no different than black lives matter"?!?!?

****kkkkkkkkkkk

Lolololooolololol. Seriously? The Confederate flag is "no different than black lives matter"?!?!?

****kkkkkkkkkkk

Black lives matter is a radical, political corporation preying off of the emotions of people. The organization is evil to the core and the money goes primarily to politicians. Go to their website and look for yourself.

I still believe in freedom of speech so if a person chooses to use to confederate flag they have the right to do so. I don’t agree with it but that’s how it has to be or we are done as a country.

I’m assuming you agree with the statues being torn down and vandalized.

No I’m disgusted by both. Nascar absolutely had to know that was a rope on every garage door to pull the door down. They made it a publicity stunt. And they also had to know going to Alabama there would be push back on the flag ban. And there was.
So if there's pushback, dont do the right thing?

Second, your opinion of this being a publicity stunt in unwarranted. The way they reacted was beautiful.

Black lives matter is a radical, political corporation preying off of the emotions of people. The organization is evil to the core and the money goes primarily to politicians. Go to their website and look for yourself.

I still believe in freedom of speech so if a person chooses to use to confederate flag they have the right to do so. I don’t agree with it but that’s how it has to be or we are done as a country.

Look at how Germany has handled the history of Nazi Germany. Are they done as a country?

Man, was really hoping you wouldn't try and justify that shockingly ignorant statement. And here you are...

The money doesn't go to politicians. You have no idea what you are talking about. This is an objective truth, and if you spent even 5 minutes looking into what ActBlue is, you'd see that. But no worries, regurgitate idiocy. I'm not here to change your mind.

And yes, I do. Tear them the **** down. Losers and racists dont deserve monuments.

Reactions: DecemberGrad
Man, was really hoping you wouldn't try and justify that shockingly ignorant statement. And here you are...

The money doesn't go to politicians. You have no idea what you are talking about. This is an objective truth, and if you spent even 5 minutes looking into what ActBlue is, you'd see that. But no worries, regurgitate idiocy. I'm not here to change your mind.

And yes, I do. Tear them the **** down. Losers and racists dont deserve monuments.
Tear down abortion clinics that slaughter Thousands of Black Lives Daily!!

ALL Black Lives Matter

No need to say another word. Supporting the removal of our history says it all. Ignorance on a whole different level.

Reactions: Flat Rock`s Finest

I don't think you understand what "freedom of speech" means.

Reactions: DecemberGrad
Radical Christian your point is duly noted but where will whites, Asian Americans, Hispanics and others go?
Oh so now All lives matter or Don’t matter? Gotcha

#ALL Black Lives Matter
Tear down the abortion clinics that are systematically killing thousands of black Children daily. Systematic racism is in full effect here in the strategically placed clinics. Are you going to do something about it? Or will you be complicit to the system of murder?

Last edited:
Radical Christian your point is duly noted but where will whites, Asian Americans, Hispanics and others go?

Radical Christian?? Now you’re showing your cards. At the root of all of this is an all out attack on Christianity. But the thing is we know the ending when it’s all said and done. You lose and hell will not be a pleasant place for all of eternity. I will sincerely pray for you. I don’t wish that on anyone. May God change your heart and open your eyes

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT