ADVERTISEMENT

Nats Game Canceled Tonight Due to Covid - Buckle Up

TMcGrady1

The Jack Dunlap Club
Gold Member
Nov 5, 2003
It’s starting to drastically impact other sporting events again, so I hope the ACC doesn’t take the stance of an automatic forfeit like the Big 12 and SEC have for Covid issues. If the ACC does follow suit, we better beat UGA or else we won’t have a forfeit mulligan. I think this season is going to be way closer to last season than people initially thought as far as games being impacted.

But we were told to get the vaccine and you'll be safe. When do we stop the insanity over the flu?

Check out this in the article. Isnt the bigger story that 11 of the 12 positive tests were people who were vaccinated? Also, a # of the “breakthrough” cases came from those with the single shot j&j? So the others were the 2 shot moderna? Cot dam people, what is we doin?

“Martinez also said he believes one of the 12 people who tested positive is unvaccinated. Sources told ESPN's Jeff Passan that a number of the breakthrough cases came from those given the single-shot Johnson & Johnson vaccine.”

Forfeit is still better than the way they just canceled games last year. They need to stop testing vaccinated people, and our guys need to get vaccinated.

Also, if you look at the UK, cases are already way down. So we might be dealing with a different situation by September.

Last edited:
Not surprising imo because i thought it was well accepted that the J&J vax was garbage and that everyone should get the Moderna or Pfizer
Check out this in the article. Isnt the bigger story that 11 of the 12 positive tests were people who were vaccinated? Also, a # of the “breakthrough” cases came from those with the single shot j&j? So the others were the 2 shot moderna? Cot dam people, what is we doin?

“Martinez also said he believes one of the 12 people who tested positive is unvaccinated. Sources told ESPN's Jeff Passan that a number of the breakthrough cases came from those given the single-shot Johnson & Johnson vaccine.”

• Wow
Reactions: Santee116
Not surprising imo because i thought it was well accepted that the J&J vax was garbage and that everyone should get the Moderna or Pfizer
Na. JJ is still pretty effective. Definitely not garbage, especially measured in terms of avoiding severe illness and hospitalization.

Thankful our Governor said what he did yesterday!!!

1) Mask decisions in schools are left up to parents
2) Shutdowns, mask mandates and closing schools is NOT the answer to any COVID threats
3) Vaccine choices are just that...choices (he did say that “the vaccine works”).

Na. JJ is still pretty effective. Definitely not garbage, especially measured in terms of avoiding severe illness and hospitalization.

I was more going off of it being like 20% lower than the other 2 in terms of not contracting it. But good to see it’s effective in terms of avoiding severe illness and hospitalization.

Reactions: ChicagoTiger85
Forfeit is still better than the way they just canceled games last year. They need to stop testing vaccinated people

Agree. Stop testing people who have been vaxxed, and positive cases will plummet.

Honestly, only test symptomatic people. Asymptomatic spread isn't much of a thing. Too low viral load.

Or maybe just stop freaking testing people in general until/if they manifest symptoms.
Yes just edited. Like everything else...test if your symptomatic.

It's been proven that low viral load asymptomatic isn't much to worry about.

If you're sick, however, then sit out.

Reactions: clemsonu0219
Agree. Stop testing people who have been vaxxed, and positive cases will plummet.

Honestly, only test symptomatic people. Asymptomatic spread isn't much of a thing. Too low viral load.

Just stop testing people with no symptoms and cases will plummet.

The tests are not reliable and they haven't been reliable since the beginning.

Does anyone truly believe the flu just disappeared last year? Masks can't stop covid but stop the flu?

If you are sick or not feeling well stay home and away from others.

Just stop testing people with no symptoms and cases will plummet.

The tests are not reliable and they haven't been reliable since the beginning.

Does anyone truly believe the flu just disappeared last year? Masks can't stop covid but stop the flu?

If you are sick or not feeling well stay home and away from others.

*reported to government officials for misinformational posting on the internets! You are under internet arrest sir.

It’s starting to drastically impact other sporting events again, so I hope the ACC doesn’t take the stance of an automatic forfeit like the Big 12 and SEC have for Covid issues. If the ACC does follow suit, we better beat UGA or else we won’t have a forfeit mulligan. I think this season is going to be way closer to last season than people initially thought as far as games being impacted.
I’m really struggling here….maybe one of the experts on the board can help me out. All of the vaccines had efficacy rates lower than 100% (J&J’s claim was protection but 1 in 3 were still susceptible). And all that testing was done prior to the newer more contagious variants emerged.

Why is anyone surprised that we have vaccinated people who catch the virus? I’m seriously asking this…

Reactions: dpic73 and spskillz
You don't understand much so this doesn't really surprise anyone that you are confused.
That was lame.

Maybe this will help. I use it on DW4_2016 all the time

That was lame.

Maybe this will help. I use it on DW4_2016 all the time

Ooof. Yeah bud step away from the keyboard tonight.

Reactions: ChicagoTiger85
You don't understand much so this doesn't really surprise anyone that you are confused.
I wonder why..Your so called experts don’t know much either. Masks on masks off and masks on again. If you can spread it you can cause variants. Some of guys better clutch the pearls and go back down in your bunker because that vaccine isn’t giving you the protection you thought it was.

I wonder why..Your so called experts don’t know much either. Masks on masks off and masks on again. If you can spread it you can cause variants. Some of guys better clutch the pearls and go back down in your bunker because that vaccine isn’t giving you the protection you thought it was.
This

Biggest difference I see between this year and last year is that a majority of the population in red states do not want to go back to lock downs and cancellation of life. I do not think we will get a repeat of last fall. Also, if the UK is a predictor of what’s coming then Delta fizzles pretty quickly in a few weeks.

We just have to learn to deal with Covid as a seasonal endemic virus that is serious for certain age and health demographics. But we can’t cancel life for healthy people under 65. Get the vaccine. And if you’re in poor health, elderly or immuno compromised take extra precautions. Everyone else keep on living. Quit canceling schools, athletic events or concerts, etc..

If case counts continue to go up anyone with tickets to football games this fall should be put on alert. Wouldn't shock me at all if they limited capacity again.

It's really trending the wrong way at the wrong time for college football. Im not going to give my stance on it all but SC is on its way to heading towards over 2k cases a day again..... maybe by the end of this week.

Reactions: Lot4tailgater
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT