ADVERTISEMENT

Never change LSU students. Never change

This is a little more than that. My guess is you would be bothered by a drunk college student yelling this in some other contexts.
Yes in certain context. Not when a student section is doing unified chants. It’s no different than Atlanta United supporters section.

I believe Williams-Brice has plenty of empty seats on Saturday for those who want to act like rednck trash in front of kids and families. Take in a few bottles and some batteries to throw on the field while you're at it and a lot of you would fit right in. Hell, they already worship cocks over there.

You see, the really cool thing is that everyone can have a good time. You can let college students have their good time, while raising your children with the understanding that they won't repeat things that they hear in public. I'm not sure why this is so difficult.

You have a helluva daughter if she can synthesize what a crowd is screaming, and if she does and said it in school, everyone would just laugh and know she went to an LSU game. We always joke about how when I was a kid I supposedly got Jimmy Buffett's "why don't we get drunk and screw" stuck in my head. Does that make my parents bad parents? That stuff just happens, ya laugh about it, and move on.

I understand that Louisiana people are different than most folks. As someone who grew up there and then moved to Clemson, I noticed it immediately. People in Louisiana are probably a bit trashier in theory than others. Their jokes might be a bit more vulgar than others, but I'll be damned if I've ever met someone from Louisiana who doesn't have a good sense of humor or who doesn't know how to have a good time.

There's a lot about this state that could be considered trashy or dirty. Hell most aspects of Mardi Gras are exactly that, but they're damn good people all around and I think a lot of other folks just need to lighten up. Again, it takes all types so I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that, but I found South Carolina folks on the whole to be a bit more formal and reserved than Louisiana people. That's fine, but I found it to be a bit boring.

Bye. Sounds like u need to stay in Louisiana then. No disrespect. But from the description u made sounds like u are better suited to be around as u describe a lower class of people that are fun loving. Not my description but yours. I , like most true Clemson people can have fun while still respecting others.

Bye. Sounds like u need to stay in Louisiana then. No disrespect. But from the description u made sounds like u are better suited to be around as u describe a lower class of people that are fun loving. Not my description but yours. I , like most true Clemson people can have fun while still respecting others.
Wow. I hope everyone realizes we're talking about a COLLEGE game, where COLLEGE students attend and do things that COLLEGE students tend to do, which is drink too much, have a good time and get loud/obnoxious. Was everyone offended when our student section had the inflatable dick passing around? Lighten up and realize this isn't harmful behavior. You may not want your kids to hear it, but you're bringing your kids to a college campus, what do you expect.

Reactions: CUPLAYER1
I guess it depends on if Jim Clements is raising his kids to be communist loving snowflakes or not.
I’m sure you would just let er rip no matter whose around. That’s what you non-snowflakes do, right?
Common decency doesn’t change because you’re on a college campus. If it’s a frat party, fine but not at a football game. I really have a hard time understanding why there seems to be no generally understood moral compass that most everyone goes by anymore. It seems to be more of the attitude of I get to do what I wanna do and if it offends you, you’re a snowflake. Nobody is demanding you go to church 3 times a week or stop drinking on football Saturday’s, just show some respect to the general population.
Agree to disagree

Reactions: 1983Grad
Just my opinion - but based on the state of society here in 2018 and the anything goes precedent that has been set by our courts, I'd say that judging one's morality at a cfb game is a little extreme.

Reactions: FranktheDank
Maybe. I'm not saying it's a huge deal, but I'm bringing my 2 year old to his first game this weekend. He's at an age where he's just repeating everything he hears. I really don't want to explain to other parents or his teachers why he's asking fellow 2 year olds to suck his tiger d__k.
Then dont take your kid?

And that's a shame. Some of my best times in life have been spending special days in Clemson as a family sharing my love of Clemson with my children as it should be. I didnt know we had so many selfish young pricks on this board...wait a minute, yes I did.
You wear a fanny pack on gamedays, don’t you?

tenor.gif
Anyone that is NOT triggered by such disgusting 'pack' mentality is a sad human being.
Pitiful.

It’s not off limits, but you just have to accept that your kids are going to hear bad language at a football game. It’s a fact of life. It certainly won’t stop me from taking my kids.

Bad language....yea

Suck my tiger dick bitch

Yea thats way beyond some drunk guy dropping the fbomb after a costly penalty

I dont understand how people cannot see the difference. Not one person here is saying College Football Saturdays are for the feint of heart. Not one.

Its dumb to even try to compare the two entirely different situations. This is really weird, lame, and well beyond the the accepted craziness that happens at football games

Bad language....yea

Suck my tiger dick bitch

I dont understand how people cannot see the difference. Not one person here is saying College Football Saturdays are for the feint of heart. Not one.

Its dumb to even try to compare the two entirely different situations.

Honestly - i chant that same phrase every time @JAMCRACKER99 posts.....

Reactions: JAMCRACKER99
Just my opinion - but based on the state of society here in 2018 and the anything goes precedent that has been set by our courts, I'd say that judging one's morality at a cfb game is a little extreme.

If you measure yourself against society you will always find someone you think is worse. Sadly, that doesn’t make you good...or right.

Reactions: CUPLAYER1
Very simple solution for all of this. Just have a section for people who just want to do what ever...cuss, urinate on each other, fight, have sect, etc. Just whatever debauchery they want. In between, have people who don't want to participate in those behavior but don't care. Then at the opposite end, have a family section where there's none of that crap going on. Problem solved. Get this to the Clemson AD ASAP.

I remember a time when Clemson fans mocked the FSU chop with a middle finger and chanting "Fuuuu uck youuuuu"

Bad language....yea

Suck my tiger dick bitch

Its dumb to even try to compare the two entirely different situations. This is really weird, lame, and well beyond the the accepted craziness that happens at football games

Yep, you’re overreacting. It’s bad language, nothing more, nothing less....and it’s also not a big deal.

Reactions: scullman
Yep, you’re overreacting. It’s bad language, nothing more, nothing less....and it’s also not a big deal.
I wonder what his reaction would have been if our student section did this immediately after stopping Louisville on 4th down to seal the deal in 2016

I’ve yelled plenty of dumb stuff in my days and I’m plenty found of beer like Kavanaugh....but I have 4 kids under 9. I really don’t want to take them to a noon or 3:30 game and have them hear this trash.....

At night, big game, I get it your gonna have some of this. But if this happened at most games in Clemson I’d be embarassed. Of those that say it’s all good, how many have small kids?

Look man, I'm as big a heathen as you'll find on this board. I work blue frequently as did my granddad who was class of 1940 at Clemson but still managed to be a church deacon and Sunday school teacher (I couldn't tell you last time I stepped foot in church for reference). Still, there is a time and place for everything. There still should be a line. I get hearing a random F-bomb in the stands in the course of a game or a good old "GODDAMNIT" when we don't get a first down, but having an entire section screaming out a sex act is pathetic.

That LSU chant is more akin to what I would expect at the white trash exhibitions known as NFL games where the dregs of society put on jerseys and drink themselves into oblivion before lumbering into the stadium so they can mostly act like missing links for three hours. If not the NFL, then I would expect it to happen at a SCAR tailgate or in the midst of a bottle throwing tirade by their drunken idiot fanbase.

The pursuit of edginess at all times by people in a brainless attempt at demonstrating their personal freedom is one of the worst aspects of modern society. Yeah, you can go into a stadium and scream "suck my dick, bitch", but that doesn't mean you should. The idea that anyone who thinks college football games shouldn't be a place where old people, little kids, and families should be subjected to organized sex act chants is some kind of "snowflake" is pretty depressing.

Time and place should be a timeless concept. Sadly, this is a white trash world we now live in, as evidenced by many of the responses in this thread.

[QUOTE="At night, big game, I get it your gonna have some of this. But if this happened at most games in Clemson I’d be embarassed. Of those that say it’s all good, how many have small kids?[/QUOTE]

I don't have small kids, but I did have them... I will offer this...

I don't condone this.. I find it crass and vulgar. But, on the other hand I find it funny and love the spirit of the students that carries over from year to year that refuses to conform to what the Admin or others tells them is appropriate. I know that those students know that yelling "suck that tiger dick, bitch" is inappropriate. I also know that they know that post graduation they will not go around yelling that outside of an LSU football game. They are having fun rebelling.

Small kids .. Who really is their world? You. External things like this, simply provide (or, demand) that you put them in perspective. Me? This is a few minutes of being irritated, followed by a teaching moment to my kids. My wife? She is an adult, whom I would protect physically with my life, but on this.. she either needs to laugh, or grow a sense of humor.

Reactions: FranktheDank
Lulz, the "think of the children" argument is almost always the worst argument in any discussion.

I was at the game, and adults everywhere were laughing. Hell, half the adults, including the women, were chanting it as well.

If your kid is there and hears it (and is at an age where he could even know wtf that means), then you just say that's not something for non-adults. It's that damn simple. This isn't some milestone moment that will scar his character for life.

People need to lighten up. Student sections are a bunch of heavily inebriated 20 year-olds who are basically a mob. If they're not doing dumb, fairly offensive and vulgar shit then it's a sign that the people in them are lame and boring as hell.

I distinctly remember a Georgia chant from my childhood when they came to Clemson... Red shirts silver britches..go to hell you sons of....

I fell in love with CU hearing that student passion/fire for football. I also knew there were some "bad words" in there

I distinctly remember a Georgia chant from my childhood when they came to Clemson... Red shirts silver britches..go to hell you sons of....

I fell in love with CU hearing that student passion/fire for football. I also knew there were some "bad words" in there
I don't think people are that worked up over the word "bitch" here. I think it has more to do with talking about a sex act. Nobody really cares about profanity even though I will still submit that there should be a time and place, but no parent should have to worry about hearing dick sucking references at a college football game. That doesn't really seem like too much to ask.

It's really sad that anyone would think they might have to explain to their kid what "suck my dick" means while attending a Clemson football game. I guess that's the Kardashian world we live in now. Crass vapidity sells.

I don't think people are that worked up over the word "bitch" here. I think it has more to do with talking about a sex act. Nobody really cares about profanity even though I will still submit that there should be a time and place, but no parent should have to worry about hearing dick sucking references at a college football game. That doesn't really seem like too much to ask.

It's really sad that anyone would think they might have to explain to their kid what "suck my dick" means while attending a Clemson football game. I guess that's the Kardashian world we live in now. Crass vapidity sells.
It really isn't sad. Everyone has moved on. You should too.

I used to think, regardless of your handle, that the picture was a turd on toast. Somewhat of a turn off. Disgusting.
However, since you added my girlfriend Kaley, Haley, whatever , I don’t mind seeing your posts
Yeah because the three cheerleaders I had in my signature forever were so hard to look at right? By the way what is your avatar?

It’s sad? I don’t think so but I guess it just doesn’t bother me like it does some of y’all. Is it vulgar? Absolutely. However, I’m not gonna lose any sleep over it and had I been there it wouldn’t have sent me into a blind rage.

I’ve yelled plenty of dumb stuff in my days and I’m plenty found of beer like Kavanaugh....but I have 4 kids under 9. I really don’t want to take them to a noon or 3:30 game and have them hear this trash.....

At night, big game, I get it your gonna have some of this. But if this happened at most games in Clemson I’d be embarassed. Of those that say it’s all good, how many have small kids?

I have a small child and I still say it’s not a big deal.

Reactions: beam&coke04

That is the world we live in. I didn’t choose it, it’s not my preference but it is reality. Most kids above the age of 7 are well aware of what that means. But because they’re exposed to it on the playground, radio, TV, internet, etc they don’t think it’s as big of a deal as you do.

I respect you and anyone else’s view that is opposed to this. I’m simply suggesting that if the majority of the reason why you are opposed is because of the children, then you should let it go because shielding them from external vulgarities in 2018 is a futile effort.

I laugh my ass off at the posts in here that are complete hypocrites at best or scum of the Earth at worse.

How many in here would argue with Dabo about creating a "family" atmosphere? What's the definition of family?

Does anyone in here know, first hand, how hard it is to create? To create a mutual respect for the person beside you on a football field, in a board room, at home? What we have at LSU is a bunch of pansy ass punks who feel like they can "create" a sense of intimidation by making complete fools of the themselves while simultaneously doing the EXACTE opposite of what it takes to succeed in life or on the football field. They are making a conscious choice to alienate the very idea and recipe Clemson is attempting to use to succeed, i.e. WIN a bunch of football games. I take pride in welcoming opposing fans while the team kicks their ass on the field. Isn't that satisfaction enough?

People who agree with what LSU is doing is also agreeing to do the complete opposite of what Dabo is attempting to build. I challenge any of you "tuff" guys to go directly up to Dabo and chant what those LSU morons are chanting. Any takers? I didn't think so, enough said.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT