ADVERTISEMENT

News Anchor fired for Quoting Snoop Dog

I have several young people who work for me and even one that is married to a black guy and they didn't know what it actually meant. I didn't either, but then I am old. Don't Quote Snoop Dog
No excuse. If you don't know what something means then don't be a parrot. For the record she was reprimanded by the news company for another incident. Bad enough people walk around trying to use "big words" and sound like Mike Tyson.

When I was in 9th grade, I ran for class president at a school that was at least 30% black. I had posters everywhere with that phrase on it, and then vote for my nickname that rhymes with that.

Everyone thought it was funny. Had no clue until now that’s what it meant. I thought it was just a goofy rhyme.

When I was in 9th grade, I ran for class president at a school that was at least 30% black. I had posters everywhere with that phrase on it, and then vote for my nickname that rhymes with that.

Everyone thought it was funny. Had no clue until now that’s what it meant.
You left us hanging, did you get the victory?

• Haha
Reactions: BHSRebels89
No excuse. If you don't know what something means then don't be a parrot. For the record she was reprimanded by the news company for another incident. Bad enough people walk around trying to use "big words" and sound like Mike Tyson.
Come on, you know darn well in your life you have repeated things that you didn't exactly know what they meant. EVERYBODY thought it was just a funny rhyme.

Humpty Dumpty is a funny rhyme.

The first time I heard that phrase in a song I knew exactly what it meant. You are naive af if you didn’t have an iotas notion that it might be derogatory.

It baffles me that people are so ignorant, nothing should surprise me any more, but, here we are.
In the context it was actually said it wasn’t derogatory. Doesn’t mean us honkies can say it, but not derogatory.

Haha, I knew exactly what she said before I even clicked the link. Need to know what you are saying on tv before you say it.

Reactions: JimTurkey

The first time I heard that phrase in a song I knew exactly what it meant. You are naive af if you didn’t have an iotas notion that it might be derogatory.

It baffles me that people are so ignorant, nothing should surprise me any more, but, here we are.
It baffles me that grown ass adults care about shit like this, but here we are

I had NO CLUE what it meant. And seriously there were 4 young people that worked for me that honestly had no clue.

And I haven't actually heard it in a song. I might be a few more years older than you.

Reactions: Orange 77
Count me in the group that thinks

A. People under 60 should be able to guess what it means.
B. While saying the actual “n” word is obviously off limits, using this Snoopism is fine (which leads to)
C. Lady only gets a wrist slap (if that) for saying this if she hadn’t already been in trouble for another race-related comment

The nursery rhyme? There’s something derogatory about that now too?

When will It stop?

Reactions: Pvilletigerfan
I’ve learned that some people go through life looking for reasons to be offended.
Not sure how you got this from what I said but you do you. Would love to hear the rationale on thinking most people should be able to figure out what the phrase means makes me offended.

• Wow
Reactions: birdmanCU
I actually thought the phrase was Fo Shizzle Dizzle.

Just read the article. I still don’t think I would’ve understood how that’s racist by changing the first letter of dizzle.

In the context it was actually said it wasn’t derogatory. Doesn’t mean us honkies can say it, but not derogatory.
It’s not derogatory, but I’m also not really sure it means anything. It’s just nonsense words to agree with somebody that sound like another phrase. The whole thing is goofy, even if it’s not really advisable to just throw that around.

Also, it looks like the other thing she said that was controversial was “grandmammy.”

Last edited:
It’s not derogatory, but I’m also not really sure it means anything. It’s just nonsense words to agree with somebody that sound like another phrase. The whole thing is goofy, even if it’s not really advisable to just throw that around.

Also, it looks like the other thing she said that was controversial was “grandmammy.”
She said nothing wrong outside of being old and corny.

Edit: Not really old and corny, she delivered it nicely. People offended by that are insane.

I honestly kind of think the reaction to it is mostly from older people, too. Who knows , maybe this woman is just insensitive or something.
I changed my post above after rewatching. Sensitivity is on overload these days.

Cmon man…Snoop’s been saying this for years…I highly doubt he cares that a white person says it…imitation is the most sincerest form of flattery after all…

I was a teenager in the 90s & Snoop’s CDs played quite often in my car….were my friends & I supposed to self-edit when singing along? Asking for white people everywhere?

This might be the dumbest thing I’ve ever seen.

Also, White folks aren’t allowed to use Gif’s of Blake people anymore according to CNN. It’s digital black face…..

• Haha
Reactions: alphamale621
I'm 55 and first time I've heard the Snoop phrase. I mean, I've listened to his music, but don't recall ever hearing it. Regardless, I knew immediately what it was from. Seems pretty obvious.

I‘m still of the opinion that if something is so offensive that someone should lose their job for saying it, then it should probably be removed from our vernacular entirely, regardless of the demographic.

Either that or have a little grace when an old white lady is trying to be “hip” and pop culturally relevant and screws up.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT