ADVERTISEMENT

News Anchor fired for Quoting Snoop Dog

I‘m still of the opinion that if something is so offensive that someone should lose their job for saying it, then it should probably be removed from our vernacular entirely, regardless of the demographic.

That's the whole point of how ridiculous black people have gotten about a third of white people to go along with the stupidity of this argument .

As @dposton said earlier in the thread, it wasn’t her first incident. If it was just that, I don’t think anyone should be fired. It clearly isn’t a malicious phrase.
Is calling someone a “grandmammy“ that malicious either? That was the other incident. I’m not all that familiar with the term, but it just sounds like a really country way to say grandma to me.

Is calling someone a “grandmammy“ that malicious either? That was the other incident. I’m not all that familiar with the term, but it just sounds like a really country way to say grandma to me.
That doesn’t offend me but I also don’t know the context in which it was said. I do know if I got in trouble for saying something on a broadcast that I thought was harmless but offended people I probably would be super careful moving forward.

Reactions: yoshi121374
You know someone who’s married to a black person?!

Well this changes everything.
I have a biracial granddaughter so you can stop with that crap. I was just saying that she didn't even know what is means and she is married to a black guy. MANY other people on this thread that didn't listen to the song didn't know what it meant and they thought it was just a a funny rhyme. Why is that so hard to comprehend. I guess when you have an agenda, it's kinda hard to see another viewpoint.

When I was in 9th grade, I ran for class president at a school that was at least 30% black. I had posters everywhere with that phrase on it, and then vote for my nickname that rhymes with that.

Everyone thought it was funny. Had no clue until now that’s what it meant. I thought it was just a goofy rhyme.
Did you win?

This world is Charmin soft.

So there are words you shouldn't say. And there are more words like those words that you shouldn't say either.....unless you are a rapper. Then its totally acceptable.

Last edited:
When I was in 9th grade, I ran for class president at a school that was at least 30% black. I had posters everywhere with that phrase on it, and then vote for my nickname that rhymes with that.

Everyone thought it was funny. Had no clue until now that’s what it meant. I thought it was just a goofy rhyme.
WTH is your name??

• Haha
Reactions: ChicagoTiger85
It's obvious what the phrase means. "Fo sh-izzle, my n-izzle". Exceedingly obvious.

If you don't know what something means, then don't say it. Especially on tv. Her job is saying words to the public, everything she says should be measured. This is nothing like someone saying the phrase in a personal setting, just goofing around and ignorantly not knowing what it means(which is an easy mistake to make, if you are just parroting what sounds like a fun rhyme).

I'm NOT saying I agree with her losing her job or the uproar about it. Just making the point that now, more than ever, someone in her position has to be hyper aware of all things they say on air.

Reactions: TigerLion06
I'm 55 and first time I've heard the Snoop phrase. I mean, I've listened to his music, but don't recall ever hearing it. Regardless, I knew immediately what it was from. Seems pretty obvious.
58 and never read or heard anything of Snoops (wouldn't even know who he was except for TI), and I knew exactly what it meant.

Agree, especially if she or her coworker used grandmammy for their grandmother.

Reactions: ChicagoTiger85
LOL at them censoring "nizzle" as a "racial epithet," then not even printing "nizzle" so you don't know what she actually said. If you replace "nizzle" with "racial epithet," people are just going to assume it was an actual racial epithet.

Anyone that thinks that is racist or has an issue with it is a full on dumb.

I couldn't careless how a full on dumb feels. In fact, I am glad when I upset a full on dumb that I don't personally know. Makes identifying the infected much easier and quicker. Ya dig? Fo shizzle my nizzle!

Anyone that thinks that is racist or has an issue with it is a full on dumb.

I couldn't careless how a full on dumb feels. In fact, I am glad when I upset a full on dumb that I don't personally know. Makes identifying the infected much easier and quicker. Ya dig? Fo shizzle my nizzle!
I hate to tell ya man but no one thinks your schtick is funny.

You can just be yourself. Its ok.

Yeah, I’m not offended by grandmammy. Or the Snoop quote for that matter. I also don’t think it helps her that she kind of resembles Paula Deen.
Apparently “mammy” was used to refer to a black maid or something like that during slavery. I’m not sure that means “mammy” is owned by that history, though.

Reactions: KtCarney14
Apparently “mammy” was used to refer to a black maid or something like that during slavery. I’m not sure that means “mammy” is owned by that history, though.
You don't understand, whatever was will always be. You can turn out to be the greatest person in the world but if you EVER had a shaky past it will be held against you (unless you are Bill Clinton, or any Democrat for that matter). Strom Thurmond did a LOT for every citizen in this state but because he was different his early years in a different era they want to crucify him and take his name of anything that moves or stands still.

You don't understand, whatever was will always be. You can turn out to be the greatest person in the world but if you EVER had a shaky past it will be held against you (unless you are Bill Clinton, or any Democrat for that matter). Strom Thurmond did a LOT for every citizen in this state but because he was different his early years in a different era they want to crucify him and take his name of anything that moves or stands still.
He had a horrible past and strong record against black people. You can blame the era but he had his own mind.

He had a horrible past and strong record against black people. You can blame the era but he had his own mind.
But he changed over the years. And his "record against black people", are you basically saying he was a Republican? Tim Scott has a "strong record against black people" according to most blacks. I think they call him an "Uncle Tom". So if you are black you are an "Uncle Tom", if you are white you are a "Racist".

But he changed over the years. And his "record against black people", are you basically saying he was a Republican? Tim Scott has a "strong record against black people" according to most blacks. I think they call him an "Uncle Tom". So if you are black you are an "Uncle Tom", if you are white you are a "Racist".
He has the longest filibuster in US history. And it was against the Civil Rights Act of 1957. He was a staunch segregationist. Has nothing to do with party. It’s what he voted and stood for.

Reactions: spskillz
Alright I've read enough of this complete bullshit argument. Fo Shizzle offending someone. This is low rent ratings bait at our expense. I'm white and early 50s. That means I grew up in the GOLDEN era of rap. Some of my favorite artists are guys like $hort, EZ, Cube, Dre, Snoop, WarrenG. But then there are the Super Groups like NWA, Public Enemy. I've never really liked East Coast, but PE/Chuck D and Flav are right there with my west coast. Beasties also on my Brooklyn Exception List.
Whatever your flavor, the above mentioned names and groups are Genuine, old school, from my school, and I can talk that way with my black friends, who are also in their 50s. It's music from the soul. I also like metal, country, reggae, blue grass, jam, and even shit like Daft Punk. Huge spectrum. I love it all. And I like to share a soundtrack, different everytime like a Phish show, and simple events like having friends over black, white, native Indian, Pac islander, latam, eu, SA, aus, etc etc etc.

I have been blessed to have a career in which I had the opp to have friendships with a literal world wide reach of all races, creeds, colors etc.
It is unimaginably cool to start a convo with a guy in Chile who loves Iron Maiden. Just like me and I can practice Spanish.

I like everything y'all. Smoke a good Phat One, open a bottle of Stag's Leap Cab and we might begin the dinner party with some

Widespread>Billy Joel>Ween>Phish>Zepp>Dre>Dead>Dead>String Cheese>Kravitz>Waylon>Kravitz>Floyd>Willie>Floyd>Snoop>$hort>Tool>NIN>Elton John>YES>Rush>Rush>Steely Dan>Rush>Rush>Yes>>>>>E1: VH Meanstreet>E2: Ozzy/Randy Flying High Again>E3: Morning Dew - Dead- Cornell 1977 show (that one is for @other1 and @scartiger). Bonus E4 bc by now we are feeling good.

And when you really want to take it out for the final we will put 90125 on my turntable and let my Bose reveal "Owner of a Lonely Heart" from YES like you have never heard in you life. Vinyl medium when played with proper equipment pretty much outdoes anything you have ever heard.

I'm early 50s, unapologetic white dude, I love all my peeps, that is my story and I'm stick'en to it. Have y'all listed to a singles set of Jerry Jeff Walker>>Eminem>>Johnny Cash>>Jane's Addiction>>Eric Church (covering 'Sundown'). It's my hangover helper set list. Just after a good Phat one.

Alright I've read enough of this complete bullshit argument. Fo Shizzle offending someone. This is low rent ratings bait at our expense. I'm white and early 50s. That means I grew up in the GOLDEN era of rap. Some of my favorite artists are guys like $hort, EZ, Cube, Dre, Snoop, WarrenG. But then there are the Super Groups like NWA, Public Enemy. I've never really liked East Coast, but PE/Chuck D and Flav are right there with my west coast. Beasties also on my Brooklyn Exception List.
Whatever your flavor, the above mentioned names and groups are Genuine, old school, from my school, and I can talk that way with my black friends, who are also in their 50s. It's music from the soul. I also like metal, country, reggae, blue grass, jam, and even shit like Daft Punk. Huge spectrum. I love it all. And I like to share a soundtrack, different everytime like a Phish show, and simple events like having friends over black, white, native Indian, Pac islander, latam, eu, SA, aus, etc etc etc.

I have been blessed to have a career in which I had the opp to have friendships with a literal world wide reach of all races, creeds, colors etc.
It is unimaginably cool to start a convo with a guy in Chile who loves Iron Maiden. Just like me and I can practice Spanish.

I like everything y'all. Smoke a good Phat One, open a bottle of Stag's Leap Cab and we might begin the dinner party with some

Widespread>Billy Joel>Ween>Phish>Zepp>Dre>Dead>Dead>String Cheese>Kravitz>Waylon>Kravitz>Floyd>Willie>Floyd>Snoop>$hort>Tool>NIN>Elton John>YES>Rush>Rush>Steely Dan>Rush>Rush>Yes>>>>>E1: VH Meanstreet>E2: Ozzy/Randy Flying High Again>E3: Morning Dew - Dead- Cornell 1977 show (that one is for @other1 and @scartiger). Bonus E4 bc by now we are feeling good.

And when you really want to take it out for the final we will put 90125 on my turntable and let my Bose reveal "Owner of a Lonely Heart" from YES like you have never heard in you life. Vinyl medium when played with proper equipment pretty much outdoes anything you have ever heard.

I'm early 50s, unapologetic white dude, I love all my peeps, that is my story and I'm stick'en to it. Have y'all listed to a singles set of Jerry Jeff Walker>>Eminem>>Johnny Cash>>Jane's Addiction>>Eric Church (covering 'Sundown'). It's my hangover helper set list. Just after a good Phat one.
You forget about NAS and Biggie? That helps the east coast argument.

Reactions: cctiger94
I hate to tell ya man but no one thinks your schtick is funny.

You can just be yourself. Its ok.
No shtick to see in my post.

seahawks-49ers-vs-saints.gif

There's some things you just don't come back from, and genuine change or not (Let's be honest, it wasn't), Thurmond couldn't back. You can't just dismiss decades of staunch, blatant, virulent racism just because the dude ultimately lost and recognized his career was going to bite the dust if he didn't change his tone.

Thread is still going?? May as well make it worth while. Probably one of the best debut albums of all times.

Reactions: cctiger94
There's some things you just don't come back from, and genuine change or not (Let's be honest, it wasn't), Thurmond couldn't back. You can't just dismiss decades of staunch, blatant, virulent racism just because the dude ultimately lost and recognized his career was going to bite the dust if he didn't change his tone.
Yeah, cool. I can do that. I can also equate people who want to ruin someone’s life over a dumb mistake to that of an avowed racist. Both are shit people, and both deserve to be ostracized. There’s no coming back. See how that works?

It’s local news, they banter and slip up all the time. Cancel culture is a cancer. She clearly meant no harm. Just pathetic that so many leaders have no spine.

Reactions: nmerritt11
Yeah, cool. I can do that. I can also equate people who want to ruin someone’s life over a dumb mistake to that of an avowed racist. Both are shit people, and both deserve to be ostracized. There’s no coming back. See how that works?
Nah I don't see how that works lol. You're talking about a group of people who want one lady to possibly lose her job over an admittedly genuine mistake. And comparing them to a man that actively fought to ruin the lives of millions of people. A man who directly and indirectly stoked the fires of mistreatment and violence towards them. Doing his best to shun them from society and any chance at prosperity. And all the while, he's boning their women when no one's looking.

If people like Strom Thurmond don't exist, then we probably aren't even having this discussion right now. While, I agree this lady made what seems to be an honest mistake. You don't get to treat an entire race of people like absolute dog shit for 100 years, treat them a little better for another 30, and then BOOM get to tell them how to think and feel about every nuanced situation. Frankly, white people made this bed, and it's going to take many overcorrections such as this to right the ship. Deal with it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT