ADVERTISEMENT

Newspring service today

Just like everything on this board, if the majority doesn't agree with every single thing that someone posts verbatim, they find a way to crap all over it.

The spirit of the post was that a church did something for a family in need. Good stuff. Thanks for sharing. You shouldn't have to defend every line item in your church's budget. All these "experts" probably go to some old-school, non-mega church with skeletons is the closest that they know nothing about, but they spend time worrying about someone else's church. I've only seen Perry Noble preach once a couple of years back, so I have no skin in that game, but people let their distaste for him become the driving force behind losing sight of a good deed on Mother's Day.

I can only hope most don't live their day-to-day lives with this synical nature. If so, I feel bad for them.

Good post @MTTiger19. You "rustled the jimmies" as you stated. Lol
*Cynical

Listen, nobody is disparaging the fact that they helped this family out. You are missing the forest for the trees. The issue that I, and most other people, have with NS is that it is a business first and foremost. They broadcast this one good deed as a marketing tool. "Hey, Look at Me!! I helped someone, give me more money!!"
This mega church along with every other mega church is a profit game. Nothing more. They made $70mil last year in revenue, this sort of good deed should be happening every single week, if not more often. Perry Noble's purpose is to make money... and lots of it... He wants a podium and he wants to rock the boat and be modern and preach God's word, but only if you tithe. Look at his house... Look at his extravagances... Hell, the guy preaches in Affliction T-shirts. Jim and Tammy Faye Baker had a huge following and die hard supporters too, until they were exposed and the walls came crashing down.... and they will certainly do the same in this case. He and Creflo Dollar are one in the same. God wants him to have a $65mil jet, then by all means, Newspring members better cough up that tithing money! 15% this year, brother!!

Reactions: matt9679
*Cynical

Listen, nobody is disparaging the fact that they helped this family out. You are missing the forest for the trees. The issue that I, and most other people, have with NS is that it is a business first and foremost. They broadcast this one good deed as a marketing tool. "Hey, Look at Me!! I helped someone, give me more money!!"
This mega church along with every other mega church is a profit game. Nothing more. They made $70mil last year in revenue, this sort of good deed should be happening every single week, if not more often. Perry Noble's purpose is to make money... and lots of it... He wants a podium and he wants to rock the boat and be modern and preach God's word, but only if you tithe. Look at his house... Look at his extravagances... Hell, the guy preaches in Affliction T-shirts. Jim and Tammy Faye Baker had a huge following and die hard supporters too, until they were exposed and the walls came crashing down.... and they will certainly do the same in this case. He and Creflo Dollar are one in the same. God wants him to have a $65mil jet, then by all means, Newspring members better cough up that tithing money! 15% this year, brother!!
Don't know what is considered a mega church but any size church that doesn't have a leader that is following what God puts on his heart isn't doing God's will.

My church - or, specifically, parish - doesn't ask parishioners to tithe. However, 10 percent of all of the funds collected go into a Social Justice Fund which is disbursed to organizations and schools in the Washington, DC area focused on helping the poor. (That is, the parish tithes, not the parishioners.) Most recipients are selected on the basis of a formal RFP process and are held accountable for spending wisely or they don't get funds the following year. In 2015, that 10 percent amounted to about $400,000. (It is one of the larger parishes in the DC area but not a megachurch by any means.) The organizations are selected by a lay-driven social justice committee which makes available to all information about where the funds are going. But to be honest, we don't promote our efforts for the sake of exciting parishioners. We just give because it is the right thing to do.

Is that how you justify going to this "church", because Dabo goes too? That's brain-less. I can't speak to what Dabo's beliefs are or his reasoning for going, but I hold my position that anyone who goes to Newspring either doesn't know or doesn't care about the real purpose of the Mega-Church... which makes them a sheep.
Yep you nailed it. That's exactly what I was saying. You clearly didn't understand my point. I was asking how you justify lumping an entire group of people into a category of brain less sheep. I figured you thought Dabo was a pretty smart guy so I wanted to know if this was true for him as well. I go there bc I like it and bc I want to. Is that okay with you?

I'm not familiar with how New Spring opperates. I only know what I hear on this message board. The fact is that they did something very good for a person in need. I do not agree with anyone doing God's work for self promotion and I'm not saying that happened. I will say that I find it even worse for people to openly pass judgment on the good deed that was done.

"Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them; otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven. Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, they have their reward. But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth. That thine alms may be in secret, and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly."

Matthew 6: 1-4

Do y'all bitches even follow the word of Jesus?

I go to a church that has almost 6,000 members don't know if that's considered a megachurch but we vote as a congregation on the proposed budget every year.
Yes, that's a "mega-church." The size range of a "medium sized church" in America today is from 250-700 people.

Reactions: scartiger
Ok... On the flip side our church preaches to let the basket pass until you've made the decision to accept Jesus as Lord and Savior. I'll stick with our tactic.
Biblical principles are sound whether you are a believer or not. That is a terrible tactic

Yep you nailed it. That's exactly what I was saying. You clearly didn't understand my point. I was asking how you justify lumping an entire group of people into a category of brain less sheep. I figured you thought Dabo was a pretty smart guy so I wanted to know if this was true for him as well. I go there bc I like it and bc I want to. Is that okay with you?
I really don't give a shit what you do or where you go. It's none of my business. But just as you have every right to pay Perry Noble's mortgage, I have every right to call that place out for what it really is. If it makes you happy, then that's wonderful. It's just important for the more uneducated of his followers to know what they are participating in. Church for profit.

Where did the word mandate come from?
It was implied when you questioned the 'tactic' of telling folks to not feel pressure to give, let the basket pass, explore God as he isn't after your wallet. Once you are a believer you then understand that it all comes from him and tithing is biblical.

It was implied when you questioned the 'tactic' of telling folks to not feel pressure to give, let the basket pass, explore God as he isn't after your wallet. Once you are a believer you then understand that it all comes from him and tithing is biblical.
I didn't imply. I think it's wrong to discourage people from participating in something that is a Biblical principle. Would you tell someone to jump off the building if they don't believe in gravity. I never saw not tithing as a sin in the Bible. I just think it doesn't make sense to discourage people from participating

I didn't imply. I think it's wrong to discourage people from participating in something that is a Biblical principle. Would you tell someone to jump off the building if they don't believe in gravity. I never saw not tithing as a sin in the Bible. I just think it doesn't make sense to discourage people from participating
You're missing the point. They are just trying to say we want you here and not for your money.

*Cynical

Lol @ calling me out on a typo on a board full of typos. Thanks.

Stopped ready the post after that.

Nah, just being realistic. I don't care one way or the other. You just a grumpy ol' man pissed about a church you don't attend. No problem....just move on.
No not really I'm not going to have to answer for anyone else.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT